PDA

View Full Version : Convocation of Coraesine Fields: Official Dates

Pages : [1] 2

Kitsun
03-23-2009, 10:00 PM
This event is going to run multiple times, with small batch ticket sales. The event will start on the dates listed below, going from Thursday to Wednesday:

April 16 - Prime

April 23 - Prime

There will be a two week break in between the second Prime run and the single Plat run.

May 14 - Platinum

May 21 - Prime

All special "services" will be offered between Thursday and Sunday evenings. The plot will also be contained to those times. For the remainder of the festival time the grounds will be open for shopping and additional "light" merchanting -- altering, lightening, deepening and the normal stuff.

Sign-ups will be soon, and we'll give you advance notice before they open up.

Cheers!
Itzel

This message was originally posted in Quests, Sagas, and Events, Convocation of Coraesine Field. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=12&topic=35&message=325

About time!

Kitsun
03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
I'd put hard money on the second and fourth Prime run sucking some donkey balls. A second week straight of merchanting? That'll burn their sack hairs off.

DCSL
03-23-2009, 10:12 PM
They've got sacks?

Fallen
03-23-2009, 10:15 PM
So, big question, who is going? If price is an issue, lets just say it will cost $50 (no clue if it will cost more/less, just use that as a benchmark for your decision)

Inspire
03-23-2009, 10:16 PM
I will probably take my bard if I can get a ticket and those days off work.

The Ponzzz
03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Man, Platinum's run is RIGHT during my finals. I mean RIGHT DURING MY FINALS!

DCSL
03-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I'll go!!1!

diethx
03-23-2009, 10:28 PM
The first run will work perfectly for my schedule, so i'll go if I can get tickets for then.

Swami71
03-23-2009, 10:49 PM
So, big question, who is going? If price is an issue, lets just say it will cost $50 (no clue if it will cost more/less, just use that as a benchmark for your decision)

Depends on what they say these special merchants are doing. Could range from my taking 2 characters to taking none.

septus
03-23-2009, 10:51 PM
I'd bet more around $80, depending on what they're actually offering.

Fallen
03-23-2009, 11:23 PM
I'd bet more around $80, depending on what they're actually offering.

Likely so, I just chose that number as a benchmark so people wouldn't say "it depends on how much it costs". Better to work in hypotheticals.

BriarFox
03-23-2009, 11:37 PM
There are advantages to going in the later runs, though, logistically speaking. Still, it takes some of the surprise out of it.

diethx
03-23-2009, 11:40 PM
There are advantages to going in the later runs, though, logistically speaking.

Like what?

DCSL
03-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Knowing more of the properties of what's being sold. Completed maps right from the beginning. And item lists. Knowledge of what merchant is where ahead of time and the possibility of scripts to reach them. Et cetera.

BriarFox
03-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Knowing more of the properties of what's being sold. Completed maps right from the beginning. And item lists. Knowledge of what merchant is where ahead of time and the possibility of scripts to reach them. Et cetera.

:yeahthat:

diethx
03-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Yeah, and burnt out GMs who don't want to work as hard for subsequent runs. No thx you. :(

Danical
03-23-2009, 11:51 PM
You know what would be really awesome?

If they could capture the fun of older GS merchant events. You know the ones they released rad items they would subsequently nerf and didn't cost money?

THOSE WERE THE DAYS . . .

Belnia
03-23-2009, 11:53 PM
The almost complete lack of information concerning the event is not very comforting. We're 24 days from the start of the event, and we don't even know the price of tickets, or what's being offered.

Fallen
03-23-2009, 11:56 PM
The almost complete lack of information concerning the event is not very comforting. We're 24 days from the start of the event, and we don't even know the price of tickets, or what's being offered.

Not to be all doom and gloom like, but has anyone noticed Simu DEV has been glaringly absent lately? Coupled with this fiasco of a festival preparation it just strikes me as odd. In all seriousness, monks? Is that really why things are so fucked up right now?

Allereli
03-24-2009, 12:04 AM
If they could capture the fun of older GS merchant events. You know the ones they released rad items they would subsequently nerf and didn't cost money?

THOSE WERE THE DAYS . . .

I guess since other people started making cash from the items, they figured they could, too.

Danical
03-24-2009, 12:08 AM
I guess since other people started making cash from the items, they figured they could, too.

I like to think it's more like they had to make up for the constant loss of customers.

Allereli
03-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I like to think it's more like they had to make up for the constant loss of customers.

But I think pay fests came before the exodus. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't mean this to be a "cash sellers are evil" comment, just an observation.

Danical
03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
But I think pay fests came before the exodus. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't mean this to be a "cash sellers are evil" comment, just an observation.

I noticed most of the decline, anecdotally of course, after the launch of EQ and I think pay events were a long ways off still.

mrjrd222
03-24-2009, 12:20 AM
I know you didn't want this type of answer, but for me it's all about price and what's offered...

If it's 40 dollars I'll go, if it's 80 dollars I won't go. If it's between the two I'll have to see what's offered. I have a TON of silvers lying around and I'd love to spend them on something like this, but I'm not gonna spend 2 months worth of money on a week long event that no one knows anything about.

This game isn't a money maker for me, it's entertainment.

Allereli
03-24-2009, 12:42 AM
xpost:

Greetings!

I am opening a story writing contest to the players of dark elves. The stories should fall under the genre of horror and have some significance to dark elves, whether it's historically, morally, culturally, etc. A time for presenting the stories will be scheduled for each run of the CCF, for those who wish to share their piece publicly.

The date and time for the presentations will be posted before each run, and I will ask those who plan to participate to email me so I have a headcount in advance.

ALL participants should submit their story to gs4-galene@play.net, regardless of whether or not they plan to present on one of the runs.

One grand prize winner will be selected from each presentation during CCF. That winner will choose from a list of prizes and have a version of their story credited to them in a future dark elf document. ALL presenters at CCF will receive prizes, too!

You may still submit a horror story for the document if you will not be attending CCF, but you will not receive a prize for your submission. You will be credited for your work in the document, if selected.

RULES:

You must have a dark elf character on your account, who can be credited for the story.
Both Dhe'nar and Faendryl cultures are perfectly acceptable.
Half-elves won't be allowed to present or be considered for credit in the document. Sorry!
The story should be scary, bloody, violent, or creepy in nature.
You must be willing to have your story edited somewhat for use in the document.

The cut off point for story submissions is May 21st, 2009.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email me.

Good luck!

~Galene

This message was originally posted in Races of Elanthia, Dark Elves. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=10&topic=5&message=1813

Fallen
03-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Badass.

TheLastShamurai
03-24-2009, 12:50 AM

Thats how I feel.

Rimalon
03-24-2009, 01:18 AM
xpost:I am opening a story writing contest to the players of dark elves.

All ur Grand Prize are belong to me.

Fallen
03-24-2009, 01:24 AM

You wish, pretty boy. Nobody cares about dark skinned butt pirates.

TheLastShamurai
03-24-2009, 01:34 AM

And then I cross bread a horse and frog and named it Leaper!

Allereli
03-24-2009, 01:35 AM

since I have the next 48 hours to do absolutely nothing, I'm hoping to dream some crazy dream that I can adapt into a story. Maybe I should take more ambien.

I bet the grand prize is good, too

kookiegod
03-24-2009, 01:39 AM
I noticed most of the decline, anecdotally of course, after the launch of EQ and I think pay events were a long ways off still.

Cash selling started before the move to the web, and long before the first pay event, Ebon Gate in 1997, let alone the first pay auction event, Foehn's Promise. Giantsheild and I forget the woman who tossed off her gear for the first time were the main progenitors.

Ciston came later, and then of course Tsin.

Let's not make up history here. Heh.

~Paul

Danical
03-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Cash selling started before the move to the web, and long before the first pay event, Ebon Gate in 1997, let alone the first pay auction event, Foehn's Promise. Giantsheild and I forget the woman who tossed off her gear for the first time were the main progenitors.

Ciston came later, and then of course Tsin.

Let's not make up history here. Heh.

~Paul

Let's not misread my quote here. EMERADAN SMILEY FACE http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/e/en/enimal/896861_smiley_face.jpg

You'll note I was talking about, and only about, [1] the decline in population as a result of EQ and [2] I said I THINK pay events were still a ways off. That is to say, it wasn't the pay events that drove off people.

Apparently, pay events came 2 years before the launch of EQ but I don't think anyone would debate that graphical MMORPGs took a larger percentage of the GS population than pay-per events; for most online gamers, the graphical games provide a better product coupled with the fact that people could generally make back what they spent on the pay-per tickets by cashing some of their event-booty out.

EDIT: Although, it would probably get under my skin now, I used to love camping Frost Giants in a single room because the population was too high to walk around. During that year (1995?) or so, was probably the best time I had in GS. :sniff:

Rimalon
03-24-2009, 03:09 AM
You wish, pretty boy. Nobody cares about dark skinned butt pirates.

It's horror stories, right?

Man-on-man assrape is scary, isn't it?

I can't lose, can I?

Belnia
03-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Once upon a time in the Underdark...

Fallen
03-24-2009, 08:52 AM
It's horror stories, right?

Man-on-man assrape is scary, isn't it?

I can't lose, can I?

But...But..DAMN YOU, RIMALON!

Beguiler
03-24-2009, 09:04 AM
But...But..DAMN YOU, RIMALON!

laugh-snort@this exhange..

Fallen
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Some additional information from Galene:

You can still submit, even if you do not want to present. If you choose to do that, the story will be considered for inclusion in a future racial document, with your dark elven character credited in the document. That would be what you MIGHT "win" in that case.

People who present will be given a choice of prizes, in addition to being considered for the document.

Present at event = Prizes AND potential inclusion in the document
Submit = Potential inclusion in the document ONLY

If your character would not present it themselves, you can have someone else do it for you as long as I know who it is in advance. That presenter would have to be fully dark elven, though.

I hope that clears things up, a little.

~Galene

Fallen
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Services will start Thursday evening and will be ongoing until they end on Sunday evening. Stuff will be offered during the day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well as during the normal "primetime" hours.

Itzel

Nilandia
03-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Pulled from the officials:

You see a snippet of a list entitled, "Itzel's List of Things She Likes".

Chocolate
The full moon
The sound of the ocean
Heraldry
Glimaerstones
Armor concealers
Enchanting DB items
Ezscripts
Custom swears

The list goes on, but you can't make out any other words. It does appear to be... considerable in length, however.

Gretchen

Fallen
03-24-2009, 08:02 PM
From GM Itzel.

RP hooks, RP hooks...

Well, currently the pavilions are going up for each delegation. The representatives from the Elven Nations have asked to be as far from the Dark Elven faction as possible, and the Half Krolvin have set up their Klinast Gather smack in the middle of things. There's some trouble brewing within the Forest Gnome pavilion (no one can really tell them apart in there, so it's all chaos) and an "unfortunate miscalculation" caused the front of the Burghal Gnome pavilion to go up briefly in flames. The Ger of the Halflings has been erected, as has the elevated platform of the Sylvankind. The other races haven't arrived yet, but rumor has it the Imperial Envoy is already displeased with the very notion of their non-central location. They plan to petition.

In the midst of it all, of course, is the rock and the coraesine. But that's just another set of issues altogether...

TheLastShamurai
03-24-2009, 08:11 PM
And the concealer market crashes!

Quick, someone get it a bailout!

The Ponzzz
03-24-2009, 08:17 PM
To be fair, there was never a good reason that the concealer market even existed. Stuff like that should be widely available. My opinion of course, your milage will vary.

TheLastShamurai
03-24-2009, 08:26 PM
To be fair, there was never a good reason that the concealer market even existed. Stuff like that should be widely available. My opinion of course, your milage will vary.

I think they should've been sold off the shelf with hoods (and god forbid a decent carrying capacity); seemed a good waste of a merchants time just to add hoods.

That Jay
03-24-2009, 08:46 PM
That "teaser" isn't enough to get me to fork over hard earned bucks.

Sort of low end stuff if you ask me.

TheLastShamurai
03-24-2009, 08:48 PM
That "teaser" isn't enough to get me to fork over hard earned bucks.

Sort of low end stuff if you ask me.

Yeah, looks like it might be the second run for me if at all.

Fallen
03-24-2009, 09:08 PM
There are a bunch of proposed services that didn't make the list, granted that wasn't the full list, I suppose. Still would love to see AsG lowering/raising, shield modifations, gear enchanting, resistances being offered, especially without negatives being added in, padding/weighting/sighting, etc.

DB enchanting is the only one that appeared truly powerful, and most DBs stand at 10x. Still, i'm sure that will interest a few.

diethx
03-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I really doubt they'd go as high as 10x on DBs.

Oh and what I was getting from that, was they were adding DBs to items you already have. Not just enchanting current DBs. I guess I could be wrong though.

kookiegod
03-24-2009, 09:23 PM
I really doubt they'd go as high as 10x on DBs.

Oh and what I was getting from that, was they were adding DBs to items you already have. Not just enchanting current DBs. I guess I could be wrong though.

Impossible currently to do that.

I'm going just for that, got a few low end DBs.

~Paul

diethx
03-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Why is it impossible?

droit
03-24-2009, 10:05 PM
I didn't say Premium members wouldn't get first dibs. :)

Itzel

ps Oh, and did I mention exceptional weighting and padding would be available? And that they'd be permanent? Silly me, I must have failed to mention those things, and the other 30+ services.

diethx
03-24-2009, 10:21 PM

:drool:

Belnia
03-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Still want to know how much a ticket will cost, and if it's a guarantee of a high end service or just a lotto ticket.

TheLastShamurai
03-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Still want to know how much a ticket will cost, and if it's a guarantee of a high end service or just a lotto ticket.

I'm guessing lotto. Garunteed high end service (with two runs) and auction tier Ebon Gate in same year? Too good to come to fruition I think.

Altough it would be sweetness.

That Jay
03-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Silly me, I must have failed to mention those things, and the other 30+ services.

Silly is not the term I would have used.

Ker_Thwap
03-24-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm not a huge fan of staring at the computer for hours waiting in line for a chance at a service, while a bunch of people who normally don't role play scroll my screen while they pose for the GMs. It's just an unproductive use of my time.

For $50 I want a GM to schedule a time to sit down exclusively with my character and run through all thirty of the services offered. One hour of GM time spent, one hour of my time spent. Easy.

Knowing exactly the time, the services, and the cost in silvers would make a lot more sense. Due to my custody schedule I missed 90% of the Ebon Gate festival events and got chosen by exactly one spinner, whoopeee.

Fallen
03-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Haha. The last time a GM sat down for a set time with your character was the first run of the Wavedancer, for stateroom customers. Those tickets were ... 400? a piece? something like that.

Nilandia
03-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Wavedancer staterooms were in the 300-some region for two people. I actually thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Was great to be able to sit and RP with the merchants. Offer them something to eat from room service, chat and just not be pressed for time.

I'd definitely do it again, given the chance.

Gretchen

Fallen
03-25-2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah, I always regretted I didn't get to go State room.

TheLastShamurai
03-25-2009, 03:12 AM
We know you have lots of questions. We want to be certain that our answers are correct before we post them. The delay in posting the dates (which HAS happened with past events, both pay and free) was to ensure that the event will be ready to go (whee!) when it opens. Now that we're certain it will be, our next step is getting the ticket sales open for you guys, which is not something that we (the GMs) can just throw up and get going whenever we want, but it's in the works.

As far as specific info on the numbers, I'm wary of posting info before it's completely set in stone with the office. So bear in mind that that's still in the works when you read the following:

*The plan is for ~75 tickets per run, likely in the ballpark of $75 a ticket. Obviously, Premium members get their usual discount.

*The 'will I be allowed to go on multiple runs with the same account' is something that is up in the air until we can get a 'for sure' answer on feasability. We are hoping to limit it to one run per account simply because of the severely small number of tickets per run. When it isn't up in the air, we'll let you know.

*You are not guaranteed a service for this particular event. We thought about doing some sort of concession prize, but ultimately decided that our time would be better spent fleshing out the services/storyline than doing that.

*At least a portion of the tickets will be open to the Premium membership first.

A few other pieces of information:

*The raffles/auctions will be geared almost exclusively toward services -- this is, as we've been saying, a service-oriented RP event -- it is not a 'grandiose item selling' event. Itzel really took the suggestions from the forums (from you guys) in terms of the services that you wanted to see, and that's where our approval list has in large part come from. Some services will go out via raffle, some via auction, and some via other means that are up to the individual GMs. In terms of the raffles/auctions, schedules will be posted on the forums and in the game before the event starts regarding what time those will fire at. All of the special services will go out between the beginning of the event (Thursday evenings) and Sunday evenings.

*There will be a Premium area, as Itzel mentioned. It's not fancy-big, but it is for my beautiful Premium peeps.

*If you like RP events, this will likely tickle your fancy.

If you have any need to sound off about dates, information, etc., please feel free to shoot me an email, and I'll do my best to address your concerns.

~Kaikala

Danical
03-25-2009, 03:16 AM
lulz

That Jay
03-25-2009, 10:17 AM
*You are not guaranteed a service for this particular event. We thought about doing some sort of concession prize, but ultimately decided that our time would be better spent fleshing out the services/storyline than doing that.

~Kaikala

THEIR time eh? Well, my time is money. And my money/time is better spent avoiding this chance at nothing like the plague.

thefarmer
03-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Pick your poison! · on 3/25/2009 9:38:42 AM 368

Here a snake, there a snake! Everywhere a snakey snake!

~Naionna, just hinting around

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I bet it's a pretty good event. If they limit it to 1 account 1 time, just about everyone active who wants to go probably can...

septus
03-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Wonder if they'll have limits to the special services.. like they do with raffles.. 1 special service per person.. heh.. Of course if that's the case, it makes you wonder just how many of each of these services will be offered it there's 30 of them.

Fallen
03-25-2009, 06:04 PM
>Look Izzea

You see GameMaster Izzea the Heartbreaker.
She appears to be a Faendryl Halfling.
It is difficult to properly see her features as the hood of her cloak is pulled down over her face.

Also, I might even be in the business of making some of your boring, ordinary clothing do more! Woohoo. (Yeah, the chicks are gonna love me, right?) ;)

<3

Good deal. This is actually something I want...and can now hopefully get without spending 50 mill.

Danical
03-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Gemstone Barbie :(

EDIT: THAT'S COOL IF THAT'S YOUR THING.

Fallen
03-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Gemstone Barbie :(

EDIT: THAT'S COOL IF THAT'S YOUR THING.

This is the anti-barbie. It HIDES your character.

Junarra
03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm going to shoot someone if that string of 15+ characters gets tickets to every run. Seriously tired of seeing them in the front of Every. Damned. Room. trying to remember which character is doing what.

Danical
03-25-2009, 08:03 PM

Anything that doesn't impart a mechanical benefit I consider part of the overarching umbrella that is Gemstone Barbie.

The Ponzzz
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm going to shoot someone if that string of 15+ characters gets tickets to every run. Seriously tired of seeing them in the front of Every. Damned. Room. trying to remember which character is doing what.

If they limit it to 1 ticket per account for all runs, then that might work out in your favor!

droit
03-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Each of those 15 characters is a different account.

BriarFox
03-25-2009, 08:39 PM

That was Tsin, mostly.

The Ponzzz
03-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Each of those 15 characters is a different account.

Which would all go to the same run of the event, leaving 2 runs, 15 characters free.

Celephais
03-25-2009, 08:52 PM
That was Tsin, mostly.
Tsin was like 5 people... there is another person who is 15+ people who has a thread about them.. I want to say "Caro et all"

diethx
03-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah, Caro and her 15 premium accounts.

BriarFox
03-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Yeah, Caro and her 15 premium accounts.

Sounds like a great time to cast Major E-Wave, Nature's Fury, or an open void.

TheLastShamurai
03-26-2009, 01:05 AM

You don't have to put up with that from a gnome that carries a velvet purse!

TheLastShamurai
03-26-2009, 06:34 AM
From Kaikala...

Just giving ya'll an update with some confirmed numbers/info:

*The three Prime runs will be $75, and 75 tickets will go out for each. Each account will only be able to buy a ticket for ONE Prime run.

*The Platinum run will be $75, unlimited (for those who want to bring all their friends.)

*Premium membership will have what we are calling "early bid" access to each set of runs, though in each case it will only be by a few hours.

*Tickets are planned to go on sale late next week. We'll update you further with the exact dates and times within the next few days, and that information will also be posted on the website.

Answering some questions:

>>Will it be possible to post up a list of the high end services before tickets go on sale? Also, can we get a count on how many will be released?

Aside from the GM teasers, yes, we will try to get a list of at least some of the high end services up on the website for you to peruse. I'm not certain on whether or not the counts will be put up at that time -- TBD.

>>is there going to be some massive in-game cost associated with all the high end services?

Some services, such as permanent enchanting and padding, will have costs associated with them by nature (usually based on how much you're bringing your item up, etc.) Other services, such as morphing tattoos and script adding are what you might consider more 'reasonable'. We realize that you're already paying an OOG fee to attend the festival; however, some of the services that give your weapons/charcters/etc. certain advantages in the general game place don't generally come without some associated IG cost. We'll try to provide some details about the 'silvers' cost ahead of time.

>> Please post this [raffle schedule] BEFORE tickets go on sale.

The raffle schedules will be posted a few days before each run starts. Posting them before tickets go on sale will not happen -- this is in part because staff needs to make these run around their own schedules all the way out to the end of May, and I imagine some things will need to move around as we go foward. However, everything will fire between Friday AM and Sunday PM in terms of scheduled raffles/auctions and major services.

>> Are we going to have to be present to "collect prizes" when the raffles draw?

You will need to be logged into the game. You may be AFK. We'd prefer that you're available, obviously, so that we don't run into a long and drawn out process of awarding you your prize, but obviously we're not going to expect you to have paid for your ticket and not take every advantage possible to win certain services while still making sure you get up from your computer and eat, work, and breathe!

>> Re: concerns of no guaranteed service.

This is not something that we are reconsidering at this time. Outside of auctions, our events (such as the WaveDancer and Revel of the Anfelt) rarely guarantee a service, and this is definitely not an auction event. There will be more than ample opportunity to receive various services and/or win raffles and auctions, especially given the small ticket batches.

>> Re: dissemination of information

Information for this event has been pretty on par with most other events. There have been lots of questions, some answers, some things up in the air. Most of the threads in this category have had to do with taking player suggestions, which is why there is expectation for the event, as opposed to most events that we just announce without any precursor for the players. Some events in the past have had more lead time (EG comes to mind, but given that that's a very, very annual festival, that's to be expected), while others have had less (yes, really.) We haven't put the tickets on sale without giving appropriate information, and oftentimes, the information isn't available UNTIL the ticktes go on sale. We're, of course, going to attempt to get some of that info up a short bit before so that you can make a better decision about whether or not this is the event for you. We know this won't be an event that appeals to everyone, but we feel that for those who it does appeal to, it'll be a rockin' good time.

Hopefully that clears up some of the pending questions. Again, we'll get you the FOR SURE sale dates within a few days!

Asha
03-26-2009, 06:53 AM
If there's a raffle for a cool bow, no one enter it.
That's all, thanks though. :)

Izzy
03-26-2009, 08:37 AM
If there's a raffle for a cool bow, no one enter it.
That's all, thanks though. :)

HAHAHHAHAHA.

No. Any cool bows are clearly MINE for the taking, good sir. Namby pamby mutant sorcs don't get dibs. So sorry.

;)

Fallen
03-26-2009, 08:59 AM
My armor is MCP. Should I expect a merchant to even sneeze on it, or should I not bother to look to have it enchanted, have resistances placed within it (or I daresay, have padding added to it)? Are you guys hard capping enchants at 7-8x? Are you not working on items weighted Very Heavily and above (with the exception of Claidhmores?).

These are crucial questions for me, and I imagine for others. The idea of a festival where you enhance your existing gear is WONDERFUL to me, but if that means all of the usual semi-high end restrictions are in place I would very much like to know before-hand.
- Me

Now, for the completely unexpected GM response.

Based on the cursory information in your post, (and not seeing the technical specs on your armor for myself) your armor could be enchanted and could have enhancives placed on it. There might be a chance of getting it further padded, but again, without seeing the item, I don't want to tell you yes for sure on that.

Itzel

Danical
03-26-2009, 11:20 AM
a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000001% chance is still a chance, right?

Fallen
03-26-2009, 11:32 AM
a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000001% chance is still a chance, right?

Hey. Nancy Naysayer. Go eat some hay.

Asha
03-26-2009, 11:36 AM
I know it's not Itzel who decides.. but I think I love him, lately.

That Jay
03-26-2009, 11:45 AM
I know it's not Itzel who decides.. but I think I love him, lately.

SHE's a bint, not a dude.

Fallen
03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Well, we will see what they charge. If they want me to pay 100 million for taking my armor up an enchant they might as well say no. Merchants have a habit of offering services which cost more than the piece of equipment's original price.

Kitsun
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
>Will the one win per year or event for auctions or major services apply to this event?

Restrictions on how much you can win at the event are going to be pretty limited; meaning -- for the most part, there will not be restrictions outside of the not winning more than 1 service of that particular service (ie. one individual is not going to win 2 morphing tattoos -- he can win one. One individual cannot win 2 snake flares -- he can win one. However, that same individual might win a morphing tattoo and a snake flare -- no problem.) This will also include that you may not win both the auction and raffle on a particular service -- you can only win that particular service one time.

As it stands right now, there will be a few of the very, very high end services that will be what are limited to the one per event -- there will only be a few of these, and you'll know what they are (if we end up running with them) before or when tickets go on sale (read: by next week.)

~Kaikala

Buh?

Fallen
03-26-2009, 01:04 PM
>> As it stands right now, there will be a few of the very, very high end services that will be what are limited to the one per event -- there will only be a few of these, and you'll know what they are (if we end up running with them) before or when tickets go on sale (read: by next week.)

~Kaikala >>

I take that to read the DB enchanting, the getting Exceptional padding on your armor. I guess if you win crap of that magnitude you should be damn happy with what you have. You can still get moderate and lesser tier services as well.

Tolwynn
03-26-2009, 01:06 PM
It's not like one major win per event is anything entirely new - it's already been in place with major raffles for years now.

Fallen
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
It's not like one major win per event is anything entirely new - it's already been in place with major raffles for years now.

Yeah, but this is supposed to be the whole point of this festival, and tickets are 25 bucks + more expensive than other festivals too.

Asha
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Would an extra enchant make your cuirb 6x or 7x?
I'm trying to figure out where I'd tell them to shove it, regarding enchanting it further, price wise.
It's Master Crit, yeah? It'd still be tempting just for re-sell.

Asha
03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
lol I could be thinking of Viril's armour, actually.

Fallen
03-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Would an extra enchant make your cuirb 6x or 7x?
I'm trying to figure out where I'd tell them to shove it, regarding enchanting it further, price wise.
It's Master Crit, yeah? It'd still be tempting just for re-sell.

I think it is 5x, I know it is MCP. I paid Tsin prices so I am not really expecting to get what I paid for it. After a certain point it is more a matter of FINDING something better. Right now, I don't think there is a set of LBP or Cuirb better than mine in terms of padding. If there is, anyone can feel free to prove me wrong and put me down as interested.

I would pay basically all I have to get MORE padding on it, but likely not more than 20 million to get it enchanted to 6?. For that type of silver I can just buy a perma 905 item or something.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Just figure out how many PPs it would take to enchant it a level and cost evaluate that against how much a selfmana/perma/self charging item is and it's benefit. At some point you will either saturate yourself with so many mid-level items that provide DS, that your only real option is to enchant. If you aren't there yet, it'll def be cheaper to buy a charging item like you mentioned, or use scrolls, whatever.

Fallen
03-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Just figure out how many PPs it would take to enchant it a level and cost evaluate that against how much a selfmana/perma/self charging item is and it's benefit. At some point you will either saturate yourself with so many mid-level items that provide DS, that your only real option is to enchant. If you aren't there yet, it'll def be cheaper to buy a charging item like you mentioned, or use scrolls, whatever.

Enchant can become an issue for me in the field due to dispels, but even if I had another 25 DS it wouldn't make much of a difference. Stupid Seers dispelling 712.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, in my best item days I had 10x armor, 10x db, all kinds of self charging things - almost never died from getting hit by a spell or weapon. It was always manuever or a death as a result of a mass dispell. Manuevers and dispell are the great equalizers.

Fallen
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah, in my best item days I had 10x armor, 10x db, all kinds of self charging things - almost never died from getting hit by a spell or weapon. It was always manuever or a death as a result of a mass dispell. Manuevers and dispell are the great equalizers.

Especially dispels. Spell-tanked squares and to a lesser extent semi's have little to fear from maneuvers if they keep their DS/TD high enough.

Asha
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
That's why I'm happy with the equipment and spells I have now.
I know maneuvers will always pwn me within a fraction of a second before my eyes see whats in the room, and nothing else can drop me.
It's a trade off I don't mind. But I definitely intend to make it harder for them with crit padding, once I've BIG coins.

Fallen
03-26-2009, 02:19 PM
That's why I'm happy with the equipment and spells I have now.
I know maneuvers will always pwn me within a fraction of a second before my eyes see whats in the room, and nothing else can drop me.
It's a trade off I don't mind. But I definitely intend to make it harder for them with crit padding, once I've BIG coins.

You don't need big coins to give yourself a serious leg up in the now, Drayal. Put out a post on the PC asking for a HCP helmet. That will help you quite a bit to avoid instant kills.

Asha
03-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah? I've no idea how hinderance works so I didn't assume I could go further than adding just greaves.
That's a great idea I'm seriously going to look into. Good shit, man. Appreciate it.

ViridianAsp
03-26-2009, 02:26 PM
If I get a new snake, get armor padding, get a kickass concealer, get my holy oil vial unlocked. I will be very happy and probably think it was worth the 75 dollars.

Celephais
03-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Would someone mind asking the GMs to elaborate on the cost of services... I don't expect to win a raffle for anything, but if it's going to cost me some absurd price to enchant something 7x-8x on top of the fact you have to win a shot at the service, I don't see the point in going.

I'm only about 6 or 7m liquid, but would be looking to get plain 7x gear worked on.

Allereli
03-26-2009, 05:17 PM
Would someone mind asking the GMs to elaborate on the cost of services... I don't expect to win a raffle for anything, but if it's going to cost me some absurd price to enchant something 7x-8x on top of the fact you have to win a shot at the service, I don't see the point in going.

I'm only about 6 or 7m liquid, but would be looking to get plain 7x gear worked on.

xpost:

Re: Convocation of Coraesine Field - Event Dates &#183; on 3/26/2009 4:00:16 AM 393

Just giving ya'll an update with some confirmed numbers/info:

*The three Prime runs will be $75, and 75 tickets will go out for each. Each account will only be able to buy a ticket for ONE Prime run.

*The Platinum run will be $75, unlimited (for those who want to bring all their friends.)

*Premium membership will have what we are calling "early bid" access to each set of runs, though in each case it will only be by a few hours.

*Tickets are planned to go on sale late next week. We'll update you further with the exact dates and times within the next few days, and that information will also be posted on the website.

Answering some questions:

>>Will it be possible to post up a list of the high end services before tickets go on sale? Also, can we get a count on how many will be released?

Aside from the GM teasers, yes, we will try to get a list of at least some of the high end services up on the website for you to peruse. I'm not certain on whether or not the counts will be put up at that time -- TBD.

>>is there going to be some massive in-game cost associated with all the high end services?

Some services, such as permanent enchanting and padding, will have costs associated with them by nature (usually based on how much you're bringing your item up, etc.) Other services, such as morphing tattoos and script adding are what you might consider more 'reasonable'. We realize that you're already paying an OOG fee to attend the festival; however, some of the services that give your weapons/charcters/etc. certain advantages in the general game place don't generally come without some associated IG cost. We'll try to provide some details about the 'silvers' cost ahead of time.

>> Please post this [raffle schedule] BEFORE tickets go on sale.

The raffle schedules will be posted a few days before each run starts. Posting them before tickets go on sale will not happen -- this is in part because staff needs to make these run around their own schedules all the way out to the end of May, and I imagine some things will need to move around as we go foward. However, everything will fire between Friday AM and Sunday PM in terms of scheduled raffles/auctions and major services.

>> Are we going to have to be present to "collect prizes" when the raffles draw?

You will need to be logged into the game. You may be AFK. We'd prefer that you're available, obviously, so that we don't run into a long and drawn out process of awarding you your prize, but obviously we're not going to expect you to have paid for your ticket and not take every advantage possible to win certain services while still making sure you get up from your computer and eat, work, and breathe!

>> Re: concerns of no guaranteed service.

This is not something that we are reconsidering at this time. Outside of auctions, our events (such as the WaveDancer and Revel of the Anfelt) rarely guarantee a service, and this is definitely not an auction event. There will be more than ample opportunity to receive various services and/or win raffles and auctions, especially given the small ticket batches.

>> Re: dissemination of information

Information for this event has been pretty on par with most other events. There have been lots of questions, some answers, some things up in the air. Most of the threads in this category have had to do with taking player suggestions, which is why there is expectation for the event, as opposed to most events that we just announce without any precursor for the players. Some events in the past have had more lead time (EG comes to mind, but given that that's a very, very annual festival, that's to be expected), while others have had less (yes, really.) We haven't put the tickets on sale without giving appropriate information, and oftentimes, the information isn't available UNTIL the ticktes go on sale. We're, of course, going to attempt to get some of that info up a short bit before so that you can make a better decision about whether or not this is the event for you. We know this won't be an event that appeals to everyone, but we feel that for those who it does appeal to, it'll be a rockin' good time.

Hopefully that clears up some of the pending questions. Again, we'll get you the FOR SURE sale dates within a few days!

~Kaikala

Kitsun
03-26-2009, 05:20 PM

From what I remember, plain 7x should be pretty reasonable to work on. If you tack on resistances, spikes and flares before enchanting, you'll likely have a problem. Hopefully their listings will be much more specific.

BriarFox
03-26-2009, 05:29 PM
From what I remember, plain 7x should be pretty reasonable to work on. If you tack on resistances, spikes and flares before enchanting, you'll likely have a problem. Hopefully their listings will be much more specific.

Speaking of resistances, I'd love to get my spiked/flaring hauberk resisted to slashing and puncture such. That'd be sweet.

Fallen
03-26-2009, 09:03 PM
There will be merchants available who can remove padding from armor, remove flares from weapons and strip off scripts from both.

Itzel

Fallen
03-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Armor ASG changes, for as little as 100k or as much as 500k, depending on if it's bare-bones, padded or has strange scripty bits.
Cheers!
Itzel >>

AWESOME!

Danical
03-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Ok, fine, that's cool.

BriarFox
03-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Armor ASG changes, for as little as 100k or as much as 500k, depending on if it's bare-bones, padded or has strange scripty bits.
Cheers!
Itzel >>

AWESOME!

Holy flying monkeys. I just bought this shell chain. It'd be awesome to make it into augmented or hauberk instead of double chain.

Stunseed
03-26-2009, 09:55 PM
...Damnit.

BriarFox
03-27-2009, 01:51 AM
Hey folks,

As noted in some previous posts in the CCF category of the forums, there will be more information on the services that will be offered, as well as some of the restrictions, etc. involved in all of this before or when the tickets go on sale.

That said, in order to give people ample planning time, here is how the ticket sales will be working:

Run 1: Prime*
Event Opening Date: April 16
$75 per ticket, 75 tickets available.
Tickets on sale Friday, April 3, 8pm EDT - Premium early-bird for 3 hours (ie. from 8pm to 11pm.) After 11pm, remaining tickets will be open to all.

Run 2: Prime*
Event Opening Date: April 23
Tickets on sale Saturday, April 4, Noon EDT - Premium early-bird for 2 hours (ie. from 12pm to 2pm.) After 2pm, remaining tickets will be open to all.

Run 3: Platinum
Event Opening Date: May 14
$75 per ticket, unlimited tickets available.
Tickets on sale Friday, April 3 8pm EDT.

Run 4: Prime*
Event Opening Date: May 21
Tickets on sale Saturday, April 4, 8pm EDT - Premium early-bird for 1 hour (ie. from 8pm to 9pm.) After 9pm, remaining tickets will be open to all.

*For the Prime runs, each account will only be able to buy one ticket across all three runs. (So if you buy a ticket for the run #1 on Account A, you will not be able to buy a ticket for run #2 or run #4 on Account A.)

~Kaikala

Drevihyin
03-27-2009, 01:52 AM
I almost got it in

BriarFox
03-27-2009, 01:52 AM
I almost got it in

Like 30 seconds, ya. :P

Androidpk
03-27-2009, 03:18 AM
So if all the premium tickets get bought up during the early bidding no one else gets to buy a ticket? That's fucked up.

Drevihyin
03-27-2009, 03:37 AM
It could very well happen that premium members could be locked out of the event.

Asha
03-27-2009, 06:55 AM
75 bucks on top of monthly charge lol

B2
03-27-2009, 09:34 AM
So if all the premium tickets get bought up during the early bidding no one else gets to buy a ticket? That's fucked up.

Early ticket sales are an advertised premium benefit. It would be fucked up if it wasn't honored.

Kitsun
03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
> Am I also correct in assuming the special properties of all three new metals would call for a spiffy silver surcharge for services, if they apply?

I haven't looked at the armor services, but as far as nifty new materials and weapons, let me see if I can address some of that on the weapon front.

For each run, I have 10 spots to enchant "regular" weapons. Not kroderine, coraesine, adamantine, zelnorn, etc; no combat-affecting scripts; nothing over heavy weighting. Flares are OK, but come with a surcharge. The max resulting enchant is +40 and no weapon will be enchanted more than once throughout the event. (The next question is more than once per run, or more than once over all runs...I don't know yet and will pass it on as soon as I do.)

As an example of the pricing, consider a handaxe with fire flares:
4x -> 5x: 100,000.
5x -> 6x: 500,000.
6x -> 7x: 1,000,000.
7x -> 8x: 2,000,000.

A non-flaring flamberge:
4x -> 5x: 50,000.
6x -> 7x: 800,000.
7x -> 8x: 1,800,000.

That's the normal stuff. Also on each run, I will enchant two "exceptional" weapons. These may be claidhmores or other exceptionally weighted weapons. This may be an enchant to a TD or DB boost. This includes kroderine, zelnorn, and adamantine. I need to check on coraesine, cause I'm sure someone will ask. :)

Combat-affecting scripts are subject to approval - this is where coraesine fits in. If you have specific scripted weapons in mind, please E-MAIL them to me (gs4-varulv@play.net) over the next few days to avoid filling the boards with the questions. I'll compile a list, run it by the higher authorities, and get back to you with the answers.

The max resulting enchant from the exceptional slot is 10x.

The two exceptional slots will go out as one raffle and one auction each run. The raffle ticket price is not yet set, but I'm leaning towards 200k-250k per ticket. The final auction price is out of my hands - there will be no "Buy It Now" option.

Does this still count as a "teaser"?

~Varulv

Those prices seem pretty reasonable. I sent him an email about ebow prices.

septus
03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Guess we'll see. I'm wondering which is the best run to go on (i.e. which run won't attract the most MAers..so you might have a chance at being in a room for a service that has less people)

I still have to take 3 and 1/2 days of vacation time this month.. Looks like I'm gonna use it now..probably will have to switch to premium just to buy a ticket. (Which is really what I feel that benefit does..makes people jump up to premium for a month)

That Jay
03-27-2009, 10:55 AM
So only two exceptional weapons enchanted per run?

The Ponzzz
03-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Early ticket sales are an advertised premium benefit. It would be fucked up if it wasn't honored.

Yeah, early ticket sales have always been there. It is actually one of the few times people will grab up a Premium subscription to ensure success. It is a selling point and it should remain that way. Look at the Foehn's Promise and EG auction ticket sales in 2006.

Tolwynn
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
So only two exceptional weapons enchanted per run?

If Varulv is the only GM cleared for enchanting for the entire event, then that would hold. Hopefully there will be others.

Inspire
03-27-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm slightly disappointed that they will only enchant up to 8x.

Fallen
03-27-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm slightly disappointed that they will only enchant up to 8x.

That's pretty standard, i'm afraid. And only 10 slots too. Still, 10 out of 75 isn't bad odds.

BriarFox
03-27-2009, 12:50 PM
That's pretty standard, i'm afraid. And only 10 slots too. Still, 10 out of 75 isn't bad odds.

Apparently the two "exceptional" slots can go to 10x, though. So if you won the raffle or auction ...

Drevihyin
03-28-2009, 03:35 AM
Anyone know if a merchant will further enchant something that is in the tempering process?

Tolwynn
03-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Unless they recently changed things, the answer to that is no.

Originate
03-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Not without removing the temper

BriarFox
03-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I like bow sighting. Do you like bow sighting?

Itzel

Speaking to you, XXXXX says, "Oh, also, the Storage Room told us you were going to lead the human race to its destruction."

^

Drevihyin
03-29-2009, 12:34 AM
I have created a shop that won't affect your armor, though the crowds beg and plead.

However, you can stop by if you don't want to see yours anymore.

-Liia

Hope you have sold yours already!

Drevihyin

Swami71
03-29-2009, 12:58 AM
^
I don't get it. Explain please.

Durgrimst
03-29-2009, 01:01 AM
Armor concealers I am guessing

Swami71
03-29-2009, 01:02 AM
ah....that makes sense. Thanks!

Belnia
03-29-2009, 10:35 AM
I was thinking she'd just destroy your armor. Armor concealers are cool too though!

BriarFox
03-29-2009, 10:02 PM
There will be enhancive adding to already existing items. There will also be enhancive recharging.

Itzel

Nice.

Kitsun
03-31-2009, 11:24 AM
As promised, the pre-approved "combat-affecting" scripts include:

Iasha' white ora flares.
Black Ora.
Ironwright's Blessing Flares.
Rotating/Switchable Flares.
Self Mana Spell Weapons.
Returners.
Snake Weapons.
Mechanical Flares.
Poison Flares.
Polearm Flares.
Knockout Flares.

Unfortunately, bandoliers will not be enchantable under this service.

The flaming swords, shadowdeath weapons, and variable weighting vs living/flares vs. undead weapons are all hardcoded and can't have their enchant changed.

~Varulv

For his exceptional and combat scripting enchanting service. Darn bandoliers aren't in =/

Inspire
03-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Yummy!

Self Mana Spell Weapons.

I wonder what limitations there are on this.

mrjrd222
03-31-2009, 02:48 PM
It's just a list of things that CAN be enchanted with the 2 "exceptional weapon enchants" available from that particular merchant. It doesn't mean he'll be adding these abilities to any weapons.

Mr. Dallas
03-31-2009, 02:58 PM
For his exceptional and combat scripting enchanting service. Darn bandoliers aren't in =/

I had my bandolier upped by Paul the one time he did the service on FWI - now I wish I spent enough points to do get it upped twice.

Fallen
03-31-2009, 03:00 PM
I had my bandolier upped by Paul the one time he did the service on FWI - now I wish I spent enough points to do get it upped twice.

Yeah. Yours is 5x, then? I think there are only 1-2 6xer's out there. I am hoping the service comes around again myself.

thefarmer
03-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Unfortunately, bandoliers will not be enchantable under this service.

This makes me pissed.

Returners can already et their shit with points, and have an easier time getting them worked on, now this SERVICE EVENT can't do it either? Limiting work to premium points via a merchant (that never shows) is weaksauce.

The Ponzzz
03-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah, this makes me really question if I want to go at this point. The odds of me getting of this stuff is going to hard as is...

thefarmer
03-31-2009, 04:59 PM
I really hope this isn't a case of "I don't know how to work around bandolier coding so I won't ask someone else if they can help in case that bandolier guy wins against 324234789246284763287426478 odds"...

edit:Shit.. is there even anyone left on staff that CAN code base changing and eting on them?? Nobody seems to want to work on them, despite working on other things with combat-scripts.

Fallen
03-31-2009, 05:03 PM
I wonder if the creator flagged bandoliers not to be worked on by anyone than himself.

thefarmer
03-31-2009, 05:07 PM
Nope

edit: Since different 2 gms+ have said they wanted to run a premium point merchant so things like bandoliers/shells/etc/etc could get work. They... just never do it, and even if they did I think the idea of limiting a few items to premium point only is again, weaksauce.

The Ponzzz
03-31-2009, 05:09 PM
No, Varulv knows how to work on them, and I don't believe there is any flags like that on the bandolier, as I have had a chance to get mine enchanted at the IFW fest by someone who was not Khaladon.

I'm wondering if they can be worked on anymore. I know they can't be lightened anymore, when they could before. I made 4 bandoliers weigh 2-3lbs. Now I can't get one that weighs 4lbs lightened.

Lucos
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Returners can already et their shit with points, and have an easier time getting them worked on, now this SERVICE EVENT can't do it either? Limiting work to premium points via a merchant (that never shows) is weaksauce.

I'm sure it won't make you feel better, but returners can be enchanted by a player mage. I had my old hammer taken to 7X that way, and then had it taken to 8X at EG.

That Jay
03-31-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm sure it won't make you feel better, but returners can be enchanted by a player mage. I had my old hammer taken to 7X that way, and then had it taken to 8X at EG.

Really? Neat! I'm glad I never had mine flared then. Time to find an enchanter!

TheLastShamurai
03-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Really? Neat! I'm glad I never had mine flared then. Time to find an enchanter!

Yours is going to be the exception.

thefarmer
03-31-2009, 09:15 PM

ARGH!

kookiegod
03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
No, Varulv knows how to work on them, and I don't believe there is any flags like that on the bandolier, as I have had a chance to get mine enchanted at the IFW fest by someone who was not Khaladon.

I'm wondering if they can be worked on anymore. I know they can't be lightened anymore, when they could before. I made 4 bandoliers weigh 2-3lbs. Now I can't get one that weighs 4lbs lightened.

Bandoliers have no such flags that I am aware of.

They really couldn't be lightened as originally the base weight of the weapons were 6 to make it fair across the spread of possible weapons, but it was changed last year to make it the base for the weapon type. You could lighten the bandolier itself but never the weapon.

Other than that, you could do anything to a bandolier or weapon other than add a script or lighten it in the given rules of GemStone.

The only problem with PP enchanting them is that the alter scroll system isn't recursive so was just impossible without a major major overhaul and for the 3 items that are generally affected (dual crossbows, shell armor, bandoliers) it was never going to be worth the work.

<shrug>

~Paul

kookiegod
03-31-2009, 10:03 PM

My wizard did said hammer.

~Paul

Lucos
03-31-2009, 11:58 PM
My wizard did said hammer.

~Paul

Yep. I'm not one to drop names unless the person that did the work doesn't mind. Since you piped up, it is apparent that you don't mind.

Kitsun
04-01-2009, 11:31 AM
There will be 5 slots for enchanting bows and 5 slots for adding permanent sighting to bows for this event (per run).

Sighting cannot be stacked with previous sighting.

Enchanting can't be done multiple times on the same weapon during this event. Max resulting enchant is +30. Bows with combat scripts aren't eligible (but fluff scripts are ok).

These services will be awarded partially by auction, partially by raffle. I haven't decided an exact breakdown yet.

<3

~Sirina

...I can't wait to see the website for this. Apparently there ain't going to be awesomeness dripping and dropping from this event. All the cavaets and conditions for work seem to be exempting anything really high end.

Fallen
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Yep!

Swami71
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
6x bows are all you really need anyways. There going to be doing 10x enchants and ECP/ECW right? Thats really high end to me. Albeit limited to 1 each per run I think.

Fallen
04-01-2009, 01:51 PM
6x bows are all you really need anyways. There going to be doing 10x enchants and ECP/ECW right? Thats really high end to me. Albeit limited to 1 each per run I think.

2 8x-10x enchants, and 2 ECP/ECW adding per run. One raffle, one auction, I believe.

Ryvicke
04-01-2009, 02:00 PM
2 8x-10x enchants, and 2 ECP/ECW adding per run. One raffle, one auction, I believe.

I might be wrong but hasn't Varulv also posted that they're doing 10 enchants (per run) over padding/weighting/flares? Up to 8x?

Isn't that kind of a big deal? 7x ECP LBP --> 8x ECP LBP is going to be worth a big chunk of the 75 bucks right? 1 in 7.5 chance to get it...

SolitareConfinement
04-01-2009, 02:01 PM

stupid question, i assume if we want damage instead of crit we can have it? because if i got raffled for it i'd want damage padding on my plate instead of crit but thats just me *shrugs*

Fallen
04-01-2009, 02:02 PM
I might be wrong but hasn't Varulv also posted that they're doing 10 enchants (per run) over padding/weighting/flares? Up to 8x?

Isn't that kind of a big deal? 7x ECP LBP --> 8x ECP LBP is going to be worth a big chunk of the 75 bucks right? 1 in 7.5 chance to get it...

They are doing 10 1-7x enchants, yes.

mrjrd222
04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
1-8x, he said final enchant can be 8x on the normal stuff.

Fallen
04-01-2009, 02:07 PM
You have ECP LBP? Nice.

Ryvicke
04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Since it's enchanting over padding/weighting it seems like there's a good chance to get a valuable service...

Fallen
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Assuming the merchant doesn't nail you will millions and millions in surcharge fees.

Ryvicke
04-01-2009, 03:52 PM
That's true... and shit I was wrong--I just went back and read the post by Varulv and it said they weren't doing any weapons weighted over heavy, I guess I'm doubting armor's going to be a lot different.

Flare surcharges aren't so bad:

For each run, I have 10 spots to enchant "regular" weapons. Not kroderine, coraesine, adamantine, zelnorn, etc; no combat-affecting scripts; nothing over heavy weighting. Flares are OK, but come with a surcharge. The max resulting enchant is +40 and no weapon will be enchanted more than once throughout the event. (The next question is more than once per run, or more than once over all runs...I don't know yet and will pass it on as soon as I do.)

As an example of the pricing, consider a handaxe with fire flares:
4x -> 5x: 100,000.
6x -> 7x: 1,000,000.
7x -> 8x: 2,000,000.

A non-flaring flamberge:
4x -> 5x: 50,000.
6x -> 7x: 800,000.
7x -> 8x: 1,800,000.

That's shit that they're not even offering above heavy for a chunk of coin.

Izzy
04-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Assuming the merchant doesn't nail you will millions and millions in surcharge fees.

Oh he will. Cost me 17m to bump 6x hcp chain to 7x.

diethx
04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
How do you know the costs for enchanting will be the same as at prevous festivals? We're paying more for this event, so it's quite possible the silver fees will be less to compensate for that.

BriarFox
04-01-2009, 04:56 PM
In some cases, it's up to the discretion of the enchanting merchant for expensive items. I'd think in the case of a raffle or auction, it might be cheaper. I won an enchant at the FWI fest and had my 6x greater Iasha maul taken to 7x and it only cost me three mil. It was GOING to be a million, but then I told the merchant that it was cheap at the price and he tried to raise it to five to spite me. We finally agreed on three.

Drunken Durfin
04-01-2009, 04:57 PM
I wonder if the tickets will accidentally go on sale early this time.

NocturnalRob
04-01-2009, 05:04 PM
what if you want flares removed from a weapon?

Fallen
04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
what if you want flares removed from a weapon?

Padding/flares/script removal will be a service offered at the festival.

NocturnalRob
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
see, why couldn't you just save me $75 and say:

"NO FLARE REMOVAL WILL BE OFFERED, SIR! GOOD DAY TO YOU!"

mrjrd222
04-01-2009, 05:37 PM
I wonder if the tickets will accidentally go on sale early this time.

They should start selling tickets right now, then refund the money at midnight. What a painful April Fool's day that would be.

Fallen
04-01-2009, 05:41 PM
see, why couldn't you just save me $75 and say:

"NO FLARE REMOVAL WILL BE OFFERED, SIR! GOOD DAY TO YOU!"

Because I love you and would be terribly, terribly lonely.

Tolwynn
04-01-2009, 07:33 PM
This is new.

https://www.play.net/gs4/quests/list_slots.asp?questID=142

BriarFox
04-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Convocation of Coraesine Field
Posted on 4/1/2009 10:16:03 PM by the Webstaff
Heavy ruts crossed the field, going from nowhere to nowhere, stopping briefly at the middle of nowhere, somewhere in between. At that stop, the bannered flag atop a blue silk tent flapped in the breeze. The sun reflected off its embroidered thread-of-silver crest, the only bright and shining thing in an expanse of green.

A man, similarly clad in matching blue and silver livery, pushed up his sleeves and surveyed the empty expanse around him. His horse, less impressed, grazed in the pasture, happily chewing away at wild clover and green grass. Every now and again the beast would find itself close to the only other feature of the field, a single spire of silvery-veined rock. With a stamp and a snort, it would back slowly away every time to resume a more distant forage.

Pacing twelve steps, the man drove a stake into the ground, then turned on his heel. He paced again and again, then drove another stake into the ground. Over and over, pacing and staking, staking and pacing, the man measured out the field. He quartered it. He divided it. He marked off several spots with different colors, and when the day was done, he stood in front of his tent and watched the train of wagons start to roll onto the field.

The Convocation of Coraesine Field would soon begin.

Ticketing Information

The Convocation of Coraesine Field event will be open to invited guests on the following dates:
• April 16-22 (Prime) - Tickets on sale Friday, April 3, 8pm EDT. Premium early-bid from 8pm-11pm EDT.
• April 23-29 (Prime) - Tickets on sale Saturday, April 4, Noon EDT. Premium early-bid from Noon-2pm EDT.
• May 14-20 (Plat) - Tickets on sale Friday, April 3 8pm EDT.
• May 21-27 (Prime) - Tickets on sale Saturday, April 4, 8pm EDT. Premium early-bid from 8pm-9pm EDT.

(Note that each player account will be limited to purchasing no more than one ticket across the three Prime runs.)

Invited guests should be aware that the majority of the activity and all special services will be released between the event's opening and Sunday evening of each event run. A raffle and auction schedule will be posted on the Forums and the FESTIVAL verb just prior to the start of each run.

General Event Information

It is rumored that each delegation would have delegates to speak for their stake in the spire, members who bring a wealth of stories and games, and merchants to sell some wares and offer a variety of services. The following services are rumored to make an appearance on the event grounds:

• TD booster added to shield/armor
• Upgrading instruments to master class
• Full Player Shop Alteration
• Sanctifying Weapons
• Permablessing Weapons
• Mana Vial flares
• Enchanting bows
• Sighting bows
• Demonology runes (shien'tyr specialty)
• Custom spell preps
• Sonic alterations
• Custom swears
• Signature verbs
• Companion Grooming
• Custom Perfumes
• Custom Loresongs
• Adding Yfane/Nalea gown script to existing gowns
• Armor ASG Changes
• Padding removal
• Enchanting weapons & armor, including limited exceptional enchanting
• Spell Knowledge Enhancive
• Snake flares
• Enhancive conversions
• Pocket adding to items that do not have existing pockets
• Exceptional lightening & deepening
• Changing existing sheaths into blessing sheaths
• Stripping scripts from items (fluff scripts only)
• Morphing tattoos
• Padding
• Armor flares
• Weighting, including limited exceptional weapon weighting
• Weapon flares
• Adding shield pockets
• Enhancive rechargers
• Adding enhancives to existing items via dahcres
• Spikes
• Adding fluff scripts to a variety of items
• Unlocking services for some scripted items
• Flare removal
• Customizing cigars
• Feature alterations
• Tattoos
• General lightening and deepening
• General alterations

BriarFox
04-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Nice list o' stuff there.

Fallen
04-02-2009, 12:51 AM
Ok. Who wants to bet that Non-premium customs gets a shot at the tickets (assuming nothing changes)? I have ..1 MILLION silvers saying they do not.

graysun
04-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Ok. Who wants to bet that Non-premium [customers get] a shot at the tickets (assuming nothing changes)? I have ..1 MILLION silvers saying they do not.
I wouldn't bet against you there.

You could give people 5-to-1 and still rob them blind.

Durgrimst
04-02-2009, 01:27 AM
Have they said how many tickets will be sold?

BriarFox
04-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Have they said how many tickets will be sold?

75 per run.

Inspire
04-02-2009, 12:23 PM
• April 16-22 (Prime) - Tickets on sale Friday, April 3, 8pm EDT. Premium early-bid from 8pm-11pm EDT.

Um, silly question. That's 7pm EST right?

Morrff
04-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Heavy ruts crossed the field, going from nowhere to nowhere, stopping briefly at the middle of nowhere, somewhere in between. At that stop, the bannered flag atop a blue silk tent flapped in the breeze. The sun reflected off its embroidered thread-of-silver crest, the only bright and shining thing in an expanse of green.

A man, similarly clad in matching blue and silver livery, pushed up his sleeves and surveyed the empty expanse around him. His horse, less impressed, grazed in the pasture, happily chewing away at wild clover and green grass. Every now and again the beast would find itself close to the only other feature of the field, a single spire of silvery-veined rock. With a stamp and a snort, it would back slowly away every time to resume a more distant forage.

Pacing twelve steps, the man drove a stake into the ground, then turned on his heel. He paced again and again, then drove another stake into the ground. Over and over, pacing and staking, staking and pacing, the man measured out the field. He quartered it. He divided it. He marked off several spots with different colors, and when the day was done, he stood in front of his tent and watched the train of wagons start to roll onto the field.

The Convocation of Coraesine Field would soon begin.

Ticketing Information

The Convocation of Coraesine Field event will be open to invited guests on the following dates:
• April 23-29 (Prime) - Tickets on sale Saturday, April 4, Noon EDT. Premium early-bid from Noon-2pm EDT.
• May 14-20 (Plat) - Tickets on sale Friday, April 3 8pm EDT.
• May 21-27 (Prime) - Tickets on sale Saturday, April 4, 8pm EDT. Premium early-bid from 8pm-9pm EDT.

(Note that each player account will be limited to purchasing no more than one ticket across the three Prime runs.)

Invited guests should be aware that the majority of the activity and all special services will be released between the event's opening and Sunday evening of each event run. A raffle and auction schedule will be posted on the Forums and the FESTIVAL verb just prior to the start of each run.

General Event Information

It is rumored that each delegation would have delegates to speak for their stake in the spire, members who bring a wealth of stories and games, and merchants to sell some wares and offer a variety of services. The following services are rumored to make an appearance on the event grounds:

• TD booster added to shield/armor
• Upgrading instruments to master class
• Full Player Shop Alteration
• Sanctifying Weapons
• Permablessing Weapons
• Mana Vial flares
• Enchanting bows
• Sighting bows
• Demonology runes (shien'tyr specialty)
• Custom spell preps
• Sonic alterations
• Custom swears
• Signature verbs
• Companion Grooming
• Custom Perfumes
• Custom Loresongs
• Adding Yfane/Nalea gown script to existing gowns
• Armor ASG Changes
• Padding removal
• Enchanting weapons & armor, including limited exceptional enchanting
• Spell Knowledge Enhancive
• Snake flares
• Enhancive conversions
• Pocket adding to items that do not have existing pockets
• Exceptional lightening & deepening
• Changing existing sheaths into blessing sheaths
• Stripping scripts from items (fluff scripts only)
• Morphing tattoos
• Padding
• Armor flares
• Weighting, including limited exceptional weapon weighting
• Weapon flares
• Adding shield pockets
• Enhancive rechargers
• Adding enhancives to existing items via dahcres
• Spikes
• Adding fluff scripts to a variety of items
• Unlocking services for some scripted items
• Flare removal
• Customizing cigars
• Feature alterations
• Tattoos
• General lightening and deepening
• General alterations
http://www.play.net/gs4/news.asp?id=143

I like the list of goodies, but the spell knowledge gets me wanting to go alone.

Kitsun
04-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I asked for exceptional lightening and deepening! Boy do I want some massive pockets.

That Jay
04-02-2009, 04:03 PM
The list sort of bores me.

Now maybe if they added the ability to make a returner, or ebow, or something coraesine I'd be more enthused.

As it is.

Meh.

~Jay

Morrff
04-02-2009, 04:07 PM
I asked for exceptional lightening and deepening! Boy do I want some massive pockets.

I asked for the spell knowledge enhancive and they listened, I'm impressed

Inspire
04-02-2009, 04:17 PM
I asked for the spell knowledge enhancive and they listened, I'm impressed

If I get the chance, I'm getting 704.

Izzy
04-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Um, silly question. That's 7pm EST right?

EST isn't a timezone right now. It's EDT until daylight savings is over.

Drevihyin
04-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Not sure what a custom loresong is but I want one, master class instrument...hmm

Mtenda
04-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Any ideas on what the limitations on spell knowledge enhancives are? I'm guessing you probably can't throw 1130/425 into something.

1035 ftw

Izzy
04-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Any ideas on what the limitations on spell knowledge enhancives is? I'm guessing you can't throw like 425/1130 into something.

I'd proabably go for 1612, 1109, or 215.

droit
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
No way in hell they'll allow a spell of that level. My choice would be 515, and barring that, 506.

Mtenda
04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
No way in hell they'll allow a spell of that level. My choice would be 515, and barring that, 506.

You'd be better off buying yourself a personal wizard for 506 imbeds and using it on something else harder to get IMO.

droit
04-02-2009, 05:05 PM
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

What do people think are the best items to add enhancive spells to?

Drevihyin
04-02-2009, 05:08 PM
This has the potential to be one hell of a service event.

Celephais
04-02-2009, 05:16 PM
The clear usage is something that's self cast only and not imbedable... 1109 would be near the top of my list.

Although 712 would be tempting if self-knowledge would let you put a retribution spell in it.

Kitsun
04-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

What do people think are the best items to add enhancive spells to?

Anything pin worn will probably make the recharging cost huge but still, it's one of the easier items to wear/remove without hindering anything.

mrjrd222
04-02-2009, 05:20 PM
I think 1612 would be great in a self knowledge item. Luckily I have access to the spell through 208, but not everyone does.

Kitsun
04-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Actually, getting an item with Web in it would be fun. I'd totally train my mage in 20 Summoning ranks just to get the bolt version.

Celephais
04-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Haha, there ya go! 208 would be an awesome spell to gain knowledge of (although how well it works with no Major Spirit ranks I don't know).

As fun as a web bolt would be for a mage... does spell knowledge give you the ability to imbed the spell? Could you make heroism imbeds if you learned heroism (somehow I doubt they'll give heroism knowledge enhancements)

thefarmer
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Yes, you can embed it.
It does drain t he charges from the enhancive item by a lot.
Yes, people profited.

Swami71
04-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Actually, getting an item with Web in it would be fun. I'd totally train my mage in 20 Summoning ranks just to get the bolt version.

Why when it can be imbeded?

You gesture at a pointed rod.
A faint golden thread grows between you and the rod. It glows brilliantly for a moment and then fades into invisibility but you still feel attuned to the rod.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>imbed 118 in rod using wave for 4
You concentrate on funneling your power into the rod.

You manage to successfully place 3 charges of the Web when it begins to overheat, so you stop.

You'd need 40 ranks that way though.

mrjrd222
04-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Haha, there ya go! 208 would be an awesome spell to gain knowledge of (although how well it works with no Major Spirit ranks I don't know).

As fun as a web bolt would be for a mage... does spell knowledge give you the ability to imbed the spell? Could you make heroism imbeds if you learned heroism (somehow I doubt they'll give heroism knowledge enhancements)

But I can't bless gems with heroism through 325, wizards can still imbed it if they have spell knowledge though?

Morrff
04-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah 1109 is my wet dream of choice. You folks are thinking it's going to be placed on an item? I was thinking it was going to be either limited use(# of uses) or time related temp spell knowledge directly to the character, not an item.

Of course Perm item placement would be the better choice, I just don't see them going that route

B2
04-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah 1109 is my wet dream of choice. You folks are thinking it's going to be placed on an item? I was thinking it was going to be either limited use(# of uses) or time related temp spell knowledge directly to the character, not an item.

Of course Perm item placement would be the better choice, I just don't see them going that route

It's like any other enhancive, only instead of +3 MoC, it's "Hi, you can "incant Invisibility!". The charges still drain, and these things are super expensive to have recharged by the Adventurer's Guild, but the option is there.

BTW, I put all the red-name posted information and some other bits about some of the items up on Krakiipedia for easy reference:
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Convocation_of_Coraesine_Field

thefarmer
04-03-2009, 05:39 PM
(UPDATED) Service Offerings

In addition to a handful of shops that will be housed throughout the event grounds, the following services will be offered during the Convocation of the Coraesine Field.

Services will be offered via a variety of methods, though many of the highly limited services will be given out via raffle and/or auction. A single individual may only win one "MAJOR" win during each event run.

Once the event begins, your first (and only your first) non-“general” service will be discounted by up to one million silvers. If you have not received any special services (ie. non-general services) by Sunday evening, when the merchant-heavy portion of the event comes to a close, you will be able to choose one service from the “somewhat limited”, “limited”, or “just-a-little-more limited” service list, though your service price will be an extra 50% above the base silver cost (i.e. Base silver cost + 50% base silver cost).

Exceptionally limited services (1-2 slots per run) - These all have a significant silver cost attached to them.
Exceptional crit-padding (MAJOR win)
Exceptional damage-padding (MAJOR win)
Exceptional enchanting (+5) of weapons (MAJOR win)
Exceptional enchanting (+5) of armor (MAJOR win)
TD booster added to shield/armor (MAJOR win)
Exceptional bow sighting (MAJOR win)
Upgrading instruments to master class
Full Player Shop Alteration

Masterfully limited services (3-5 per run)
Exceptional Weapon Weighting (MAJOR win)
Spell Knowledge Enhancive (MAJOR win)
Sanctifying Weapons
Permablessing Weapons
Mana Vial flares
Enchanting bows
Sighting bows
Demonology runes (shien'tyr specialty)
Custom spell preps
Sonic alterations
Custom swears
Signature verbs
Companion Grooming
Custom Perfumes
Custom Loresongs
Adding Yfane/Nalea gown script to existing gowns

Somewhat limited services (6-10 per run)
Armor ASG Changes
Padding removal
Enchanting weapons
Snake flares
Enhancive conversions
Pocket adding to items that do not have existing pockets
Exceptional lightening
Exceptional deepening
Changing existing sheaths into blessing sheaths
Stripping scripts from items
Morphing tattoos
/EZScripts

Limited services (15-20)
Padding
Armor flares
Weighting
Weapon flares
Adding shield pockets
Enhancive rechargers

Just-a-little-less Limited (30)
Adding enhancives to existing items via dahcres

General services
Spikes
Adding fluff scripts to various types of items
Unlocking services for some items
Flare removal
Customizing cigars
Feature alterations
Tattoos
Lightening
Deepening
General alterations
Special Service Limitations

While this does not cover all of the above services nor all of the limitations in general, this list should provide some of the basic guidelines for the services that have pre-existing limitations in terms to which items they can be applied. For further information on limitations or what can/cannot be worked on, it is suggested that you post on the CCF Forums prior to attending the event.

Padding Services
Basic Padding - This service will apply decent crit-padding, and if this is applied to padding that already exists, it will not go over decent padding. No armor over +40 may be used. No non-fluff scripted items.

Exceptional crit-padding and damage-padding - Armor may not be more than +40. Armor with non-fluff scripts will need to be reviewed to see if they are eligible for the service. Armor with existing padding may be used, but the total padding will not exceed very heavily padded for either type of padding.

Enchanting Services
No more than +5 may be added to a single item during this event. No non-fluff scripted items.
Enchanting bows - Items may not exceed +30.

Enchanting weapons - May not exceed +40 (note that nagintas are treated differently). Weapons with weighting greater than the mid-range of "heavily weighted" (damage or crit) cannot be enchanted.

Exceptional enchanting (+5) of weapons/armor - This can be applied to claidhmores, DB items, highly padded items, etc. May not exceed +50. Bandoliers, Variable Weighting vs. Living/Flares vs. Undead swords, "Flaming" weapons, and shadowdeath weapons are NOT eligible for this service. Iasha white ora, black ora, blessing-flared, rotating/switch-flared, self-mana, returning, snake-flared, mechanical-flared, poison-flared, polearm-flared, and knockout-flared weapons ARE eligible for this service.

Other Weapon/Armor Services
TD booster added to shield/armor - This will add a +10 TD to armor or shield. No non-fluff scripted items. Armor or shields with existing TD bonuses will either have their bonus increased by +5 OR have their bonus increased to 10, whichever is greater.

Weighting - This service will apply a small amount of crit-weighting. No weapons over +35 (note that nagintas are treated differently). If this is applied to already weighted items, it cannot exceed decently crit-weighted in amount.

Exceptional Weapon Weighting - This service will apply a "fair amount" of crit-weighting to any weapon that already has critical weighting. No weapons over +35 (note that nagintas are treated differently). Items with non-fluff scripts will need to be reviewed to see if they are eligible for the service.

Sanctifying Weapons - Neither weapons with scripting that is not purely fluff nor coraesine, black ora, urglaes, or urnon weapons may receive this service.

Mana Vial flares - These can only go on weapons that do not already have existing special properties, such as scripts or weighting.

Sighting bows – This may be used on bows that already have sighting bonuses, though they may not go over a final sighting of a +7 bonus. The exceptional sighting service for a bow will not go over a +12 bonus. Combat scripts will preclude your bow from having either the sighting or the enchanting, though they can be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Spell Knowledge enhancive - one service will apply Divine Shield knowledge (spell 1609) to any shield; one service will apply Phoen's Strength knowledge (spell 606) to any weapon; one service will apply Bravery knowledge (spell 211) to any armor. This cannot go on items that are already enhancive, and the charges on this will be limited.

General Service
Exceptional lightening/deepening - This refers to offering a double lightening or a double deepening, but still staying within limits of what is allowed overall. A single item may not be lightened/deepened more than once per run.

Removal Services
Stripping scripts from items - This is only for *purely fluff* scripts.

Padding removal - The item must not have a combat-affecting script on it that expects/creates/modifies padding.

Flare removal - May not remove any flares that inherent to an item's properties (like drakar weapons).

thefarmer
04-03-2009, 05:44 PM
My response..

More questions..

Exceptional Weapon Weighting - This service will apply a *"*fair amount"* of crit*-*weighting to any weapon that already has critical weighting. No weapons over +35 (note that nagintas are treated differently). Items with non-fluff scripts will need to be reviewed to see if they are eligible for the service.

Exceptional crit-padding and damage-padding - Armor may not be more than +40. Armor with non-fluff scripts will need to be reviewed to see if they are eligible for the service. Armor with existing padding may be used, but the total padding will not exceed very heavily padded for either type of padding.

Is this a typo? Or is the exceptional padding/weighting that has been thrown about actually a descriptor and not an indication of the actual padding level being offered?

TD booster added to shield/armor - This will add a +10 TD to armor or shield. No non-fluff scripted items. Armor or shields with existing TD bonuses will either have their bonus increased by +5 OR have their bonus increased to 10, whichever is greater.

Can you define armor? Torso only? Anything that inspects as an armor piece?

Exceptional lightening/deepening - This refers to offering a double lightening or a double deepening, but still staying within limits of what is allowed overall. A single item may not be lightened/deepened more than once per run.

So... Exceptional in this case means instead of one (1) lightening, we get two (2)? That's what exceptional means here?

-farmer

thefarmer
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Response..

The padding offered will be higher than that offered through premium points, and will be available on armor that normally would not be eligible for padding. The word "exceptional" refers to the nature of the items able to be padded, not to the level of padding itself. The same term, it should be noted, is used to describe the raffle/auction level of enchanting.

I hope that clears things up.

Itzel

Seriously.. underwhelmed.

mrjrd222
04-03-2009, 06:21 PM
General Service

Whaaaaat?

Kitsun
04-03-2009, 06:22 PM
The explanations with the list make me less happy in the pants.

Swami71
04-03-2009, 06:26 PM
"A single item may not be lightened/deepened more than once per run."

Thats dumb. Seeing how at EG last year you could and that was non service oriented.

thefarmer
04-03-2009, 06:28 PM
MOAR PWNING BY ITZEL

You should be happy Briar.

4/03/2009
If you have a specific piece of armor that you're interested in checking on, prior to the festival, I'll be glad to look it over, if details are provided here. Ring armor cannot be padded. Shell armor can be.
Itzel

2/17/2009
Itzel asks, "What did you want to do to it again?"
>'pad it
You raspily say, "Pad it."
>
Itzel says, "Yeah, that won't work."
>'That's my question.. why?
You raspily ask, "That's my question.. why?"
>
Itzel says, "The script is already taking up the spot where the padding would go."
>'But.. it has flares?
You raspily ask, "But.. it has flares?"
>
Itzel says, "Yep, those are handled separately on there."
>ponder
You ponder.
>'I'm confused
You raspily say, "I'm confused."
>
Itzel says, "Plus, the item has a big sticker on it that basically says OMG don't touch me."

-farmer

mrjrd222
04-03-2009, 06:50 PM
It was a very unfortunate choice of words which we've been tossing back and forth for months among the GMs, and it didn't occur to anyone that it would be confusing. I apologize for the confusion - it wasn't meant to be intentionally misleading.

Luckily the additional details were posted before tickets went on sale, so everyone can go into this with their eyes open.

And likely their wallets shut...

Drevihyin
04-03-2009, 06:53 PM
I will be hiring a technical adviser for this event...

TheLastShamurai
04-03-2009, 07:03 PM
It was a very unfortunate choice of words which we've been tossing back and forth for months among the GMs, and it didn't occur to anyone that it would be confusing. I apologize for the confusion - it wasn't meant to be intentionally misleading.

Luckily the additional details were posted before tickets went on sale, so everyone can go into this with their eyes open.

LOL.

Yeah, it's like once they become a GM they totally lose touch with the game.

TheLastShamurai
04-03-2009, 07:07 PM
"Decent" crit padding/weighting is depressing.

Fallen
04-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Heh. A GM actually said to me that it might be possible to stack padding on top of my existing padding.

Look at the Self-knowledge enhancive. I think they mean it will NOT be rechargeable.

Swami71
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Look at the Self-knowledge enhancive. I think they mean it will NOT be rechargeable.

Why they gotta be like that?

Fallen
04-03-2009, 07:27 PM
I honestly don't know why they are so anal about padding levels and enchant levels.

diethx
04-03-2009, 07:28 PM

And it's a major win? Uhhhh...

Tolwynn
04-03-2009, 07:30 PM
It's a major win because they know each one will spawn a new host of rechargeables.

Swami71
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I honestly don't know why they are so anal about padding levels and enchant levels.

Srsly. When they realized they made a mistake in the wording. How game breaking would it have been to allow 6 ECP items into the game?

diethx
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Huh? You mean mage rechargables? Didn't someone say that imbedding one of those takes a ton of charges? How many mage rechargables could you imbed with one, really?

Swami71
04-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Huh? You mean mage rechargables? Didn't someone say that imbedding one of those takes a ton of charges? How many mage rechargables could you imbed with one, really?

Meaning it probably takes as many charges as you imbed? So same amount of casts.

mrjrd222
04-03-2009, 07:38 PM

Much more if the enhancive was rechargeable via BP's heh. But I have no idea how many charges they'd hold, or how many would be removed with imbedding.

Celephais
04-03-2009, 07:39 PM
I'd prefer they make the spells something in the 200s, 400s, 500s, 700s, 900s, or 1000s (HAH) and make it rechargable. That or they did something to prevent the enhancive knowledge from creating imbeds.

It's just really stupid to have a limited number of charges, because then you're pretty much forced to parlay that into a number of mage rechargables.

droit
04-03-2009, 07:47 PM
They're only doing 3 specific spells. One shield will get 1609 Divine shield, one set of armor will get 211, and I forget the third.

diethx
04-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Phoen's.

droit
04-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Right. My mind automatically rejected it because I can already cast it.

Swami71
04-03-2009, 07:59 PM
"Extraordinary lightening/deepening - This refers to offering a double lightening or a double deepening, but still staying within limits of what is allowed overall. A single item may not be lightened/deepened more than once per run."

Thats different than I was thinking too.

Fallen
04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Tickets sold out in 1 minute.

diethx
04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Sold out in one minute. ROFL

I got my two tickets, hooray.

Drevihyin
04-03-2009, 08:03 PM
glad I didnt want to go to the first one

diethx
04-03-2009, 08:04 PM
You dont' think the last two will sell out as fast?

Fallen
04-03-2009, 08:05 PM
For anyone that thinks GS could possibly go under:

Tickets for an event which costs atleast 65 dollars sold out in under 1 minute.

Do you really think they would let a game like that go belly up?

Drevihyin
04-03-2009, 08:06 PM
ah yes even with all the bitching and moaning I knew it would be a hard ticket its the best service event to date...or has the potential to be

TheLastShamurai
04-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Once the event begins, your first (and only your first) non-“general” service will be discounted by up to one million silvers. If you have not received any special services (ie. non-general services) by Sunday evening, when the merchant-heavy portion of the event comes to a close, you will be able to choose one service from the “somewhat limited”, “limited”, or “just-a-little-less limited” service list, though your service price will be an extra 50% above the base silver cost (i.e. Base silver cost + 50% base silver cost).

Nice.

mgoddess
04-03-2009, 08:12 PM
So how much were the tickets costing?

TheLastShamurai
04-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Like 67.50.

BriarFox
04-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Shit. 15 minutes too late. Had to be at a work party, and just got home. Going to try for the second run at noon tomorrow.

Swami71
04-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Someone asked somewhere if these would be rechargeable through bounty points. They are.

~Sirina

On spell knowledge enhancives

Ardwen
04-03-2009, 08:20 PM
How exactly is this the best service event to date? State room service was by far the best service event, 10 guaranteed services of your choice, and no limitations on any other services during the whole cruise,

Fallen
04-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Someone asked somewhere if these would be rechargeable through bounty points. They are.

~Sirina

BriarFox
04-03-2009, 08:23 PM
MOAR PWNING BY ITZEL

You should be happy Briar.

-farmer

I'm just wondering what the silvers cost will be. If it's 20m+, they can kiss my ass.

Drevihyin
04-03-2009, 08:24 PM
I dont think state room service had as many services available...plus one would probally have to wait until the event is over before making a real case that either of them would to the other.

diethx
04-03-2009, 08:30 PM
How exactly is this the best service event to date? State room service was by far the best service event, 10 guaranteed services of your choice, and no limitations on any other services during the whole cruise,

What were your options for the 10 though? And didn't it cost like 250 bucks?

Fallen
04-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for pointing out this oversight. There WILL be standard +5 armor enchanting. Info will be updated on the website accordingly.

~Sirina

Allereli
04-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm just wondering what the silvers cost will be. If it's 20m+, they can kiss my ass.

this is the only thing I could get from Sirina:

>>>Can we be guaranteed services will be ten mil or less? or 5 mil or less? Or any sort of range?

We can't guarantee that services will be X or less, because nearly all the services are based in some way on the starting value of your item.

Here are some sample services which would be around 1 million silvers:

enchanting a 7x vultite longsword to 8x
adding padding to a set of 6x double leathers
adding weighting to a 6x longsword
making a 4x falchion "permablessed"

Any special sauce you have on your item will likely increase the cost of these services.

Hopefully that gives you a baseline for comparison.

~Sirina

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." ~Galileo Galilei

BriarFox
04-03-2009, 08:56 PM
this is the only thing I could get from Sirina:

>>>Can we be guaranteed services will be ten mil or less? or 5 mil or less? Or any sort of range?

We can't guarantee that services will be X or less, because nearly all the services are based in some way on the starting value of your item.

Here are some sample services which would be around 1 million silvers:

enchanting a 7x vultite longsword to 8x
adding padding to a set of 6x double leathers
adding weighting to a 6x longsword
making a 4x falchion "permablessed"

Any special sauce you have on your item will likely increase the cost of these services.

Hopefully that gives you a baseline for comparison.

~Sirina

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." ~Galileo Galilei

Hrm. Thanks, Allereli. The shell armor has flares at the moment, and I really don't think I'd pay more than 5 or 6 million for it to be padded, unless it was the exceptional service. If it were the "decent" padding ... I'm not sure I'd even take that over the flares.