PDA

View Full Version : Script question

Ryku
02-14-2004, 01:54 AM
Hey guys, well i've made myself a pretty nifty script but there is one problem i've yet to figure out fully. I dont hide when i hunt, i use a two hander, but a few other people that hunt in the same area do ambush from hiding. When i go into a room and i dont see anything but a critter, my attack loop will start. But sometimes someone will jump out and attack that critter after my attack has started, and i just start wailing on their kill. This pisses people off understandably and i'm having a hard time figuring out what i should put into my script so i will move on to the next room when i see someone leap from hiding. Any thoughts?

02-14-2004, 01:58 AM
You could always try and do a match inbetween attacks.

The Cat In The Hat
02-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Or you could just not script hunt :whistle:

Seriously, why use a script to hunt when you can just set macros and actually interact with the game? Never understood it.

Cat

Reyek
02-14-2004, 03:57 AM
well i have two different thoughts on this... one if the ambusher doesnt say anything and your attacking its there fault for not. secondly if they want to complain they should make them selves known before you are about to attack or have some means to identify they are there. like my scripts have a match for a disk

match move disk
matchwait
etc etc

this way if the ambush has a disk they wont have to worry about me killing there critter. if they dont and i start attack. sorry. i dont AFK script either so if they say something i stop the script give them a disk and say that way i know they are there so i wont kill there critter.

Most ambushers are quick to accept that. some that dont i dont care about its there own fault and should expect someone me or other to take there kills now and then.

BigWorm
02-14-2004, 04:31 PM
Ryku, before you go AFK, you really should get your script working a lot better. However, atleast half of the other people who hunt kiramon in the Nations are scripting too, so most of them won't notice when you steal their kill.

In all honesty, I wouldn't worry too much about stealing ambushers kills because it happens so much with so many ambushers in the caverns. Reyek's suggestion of moving on a disk is a good one because a few of us do use disks.

BigWorm

Ryku
02-15-2004, 04:47 AM
Hmm very good call actually. Although i am very new to scripting in general. This is my first script and i've only been busting it out for about a week or so. It works perfectly if hidden ambushers get involved but of course, i can't really expect there not to be any. I'll post some of the sections to my script and if any of you know where i should put my matches for a disk or something else just as clever let me know, that would rock. And BigWorm, you sound as though you hunt in the EN kiramon, or atleast used to, so if i've fucked up your chi at any point with my script i apologize. :blush:

checkroom:
match start Sorry, you may only type ahead
match R%c You can't go there
match R%c I could not find what
match logoff GameMaster
match logoff GameHost
match filter defender
match filter1 worker
match R%c Obvious paths:
match R%c Obvious exits:
matchwait

filter:
match start You can't go there.
match R%c Also here:
match R%c that appears stunned.
match preatt Obvious paths:
match preatt Obvious exits:
matchwait

filter1:
match start You can't go there.
match R%c Also here:
match R%c that appears stunned.
match preatt1 Obvious paths:
match preatt1 Obvious exits:
matchwait

preatt:
put SIGN OF SHIELDS
waitfor !
put SIGN OF STRIKING
waitfor !
put SIGN OF SMITING
waitfor !
put SIGN OF SWORDS
waitfor !
put SIGN OF DEFENDING
waitfor !
put SIGN OF WARDING
waitfor !
goto attack

preatt1:
put SIGN OF SHIELDS
waitfor !
put SIGN OF STRIKING
waitfor !
put SIGN OF SMITING
waitfor !
put SIGN OF SWORDS
waitfor !
put SIGN OF DEFENDING
waitfor !
put SIGN OF WARDING
waitfor !
goto attack1

attack:
pause 1
put stance adv
waitfor You are now in an advancing stance.
put kill defender
match dead defender clicks one last
match dead falls to the ground and dies.
match attack You fail to find
match attack is stunned!
match attack ...wait
match attack Roundtime
match dead already dead
match R%c What were
match R%c I could not
matchwait

attack1:
pause 1
put stance adv
waitfor You are now in an advancing stance.
put kill worker
match dead1 worker clicks one last
match dead1 falls to the ground and dies.
match attack1 You fail to find
match attack1 is stunned!
match attack1 ...wait
match attack1 Roundtime
match dead1 already dead
match R%c What were
match R%c I could not
matchwait

dead1:
pause 1
put search worker
match diamond diamond
match emerald emerald
match pearl pearl
match ruby ruby
match sapphire sapphire
match glimaerstone glimaerstone
match moonstone moonstone
match opal opal
match lapis lapis lazuli
match gem gem
match garnet garnet
match starruby star ruby
match topaz topaz
match coral coral
match broke It carried a
match broke It carried some
match broke It carried nothing
matchwait
pause 1
put SIGN OF SHIELDS
waitfor !
put stance d
waitfor You are now in a defensive stance.
goto gems

dead:
pause 1
put search defender
match diamond diamond
match emerald emerald
match pearl pearl
match ruby ruby
match sapphire sapphire
match glimaerstone glimaerstone
match moonstone moonstone
match opal opal
match lapis lapis lazuli
match gem gem
match garnet garnet
match topaz topaz
match coral coral
match starruby star ruby
match broke It carried a
match broke It carried some
match broke It carried nothing
matchwait

BigWorm
02-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Ryku: And BigWorm, you sound as though you hunt in the EN kiramon, or atleast used to, so if i've fucked up your chi at any point with my script i apologize.

I was just giving you shit. I may or may not script hunt there too. Don't worry about my chi, as I've already fucked with the other people's there enough. People doing their guild work need to watch out for my script! Er, wait.

In conclusion, keep leaving those gems for me to pick up and we'll be cool.

BigWorm

Ryku
02-16-2004, 03:55 AM
LOL sounds like a deal to me! :)

TheEschaton
02-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Ryku, you could save yourself a lot of time and just make one preatt, one attack, one dead, one search, since they seem to be the same exact routine, merely saving the variable beforehand of what you want to attack.

As for checking for other people, in your roomcheck, put a check for disks, animal companions (rangers hide too), and you should be set.

If you want to be super nice, you can put a match in your attack bit, which, if you hear a voice from hiding "The voice of Soandso" you can immediately say sorry, and leave. If you want to go super crazy, listen for coughs and things like that, I know my ambushers all cough when someone enters the room where I'm hunting.

Edited to add: Or the match of "Soandso leaps from hiding to attack"

-TheE-

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by TheEschaton]

Reyek
02-16-2004, 05:11 PM
your script is looks like obvious scripting . if i saw someone always doing signs and so on before each attack i would check for afk scripting every 5 minutes. but thats just me. Have your script do a signs when it completes a loop like when your checking exp to rest or what have you.

Reyek
02-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton

As for checking for other people, in your roomcheck, put a check for disks, animal companions (rangers hide too), and you should be set.

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by TheEschaton]

animal companion check would be nice. but i say hard to do. if you get this pulled off show me that match sequence heh.

Ryku
02-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Ya i was thinkin about the animal companion thing and it would be very tough to do, but worth it. The thing about the signs tho is that no one can see me doing it. I do my cman stuff at the end of the loop but like having the signs go up before each kill just in case since +35 AS and DS is a lot more important. But i guess it would work just fine at the end of each loop as well.

I've been trying to put in a match for "leaps from hiding to attack" but it hasn't been working at all. Not quite sure if the issue is placement or what. I'm setting it to just continue on my matching it to R%c just like it would if i saw someone in the room already when coming in. Though it just doesn't seem to do anything whether i put it in my attack, preatt, filter, or dead section. It's gotta be an issue with the R%c i would guess...

Reyek
02-16-2004, 07:06 PM
no one can see you do it? think about that before you say it..... the GM staff and anyone at simutronics can see you do it...

02-16-2004, 07:15 PM
The problem your having is that when you go into a room your script goes to a different label, whichever you have it set to and it goes through your attack and filter process. However, they can leap out of hiding at any point of that. You'd have to add it to every section of your check\attack\filter sequence

Ryku
02-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Reyek
no one can see you do it? think about that before you say it..... the GM staff and anyone at simutronics can see you do it...

Good call.

Ryku
02-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1
The problem your having is that when you go into a room your script goes to a different label, whichever you have it set to and it goes through your attack and filter process. However, they can leap out of hiding at any point of that. You'd have to add it to every section of your checkattackfilter sequence

Good point there RangerD1, i'm gunna put those matches in the proper sections and see how it works out, thanks man.