View Full Version : She is so cool.

Drew2
02-13-2004, 10:40 PM
In the Bonespear vault...

Deevareeree sings:

"Im waiting in a bar, on the inside,
waiting for my ride, on the outside,
He broke my heart, down by the park
So i lit him up, then step away, never looked by, here's what i say, dont mess with me , im having a bad day "

>
Deevareeree lets out a cheer!
>
Amioweil falls to the ground laughing hysterically!
>
You feel more refreshed.

[Edited on 2-14-2004 by Tayre]

Artha
02-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Worse yet, she's a mentor.

edit: Looks like she was 'inspired' a bit by a song by Rehab:

I'm sittin at a bar on the inside
Waiting for my ride on the outside
She broke my heart in the trailer park
So I jacked the keys to her fuckin car
And crashed that piece of shit
And then stepped away

[Edited on 2-14-2004 by Artha]

Shalla
02-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Damnit.. I thought it's a thread dedicated to me. How I'm cool. :baa:

02-13-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla
Damnit.. I thought it's a thread dedicated to me. How I'm cool. :baa:

Cool people don't ignore other cool people.

Shalla
02-13-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1
Cool people don't ignore other cool people.

Oh be quiet. I don't ignore you. :P

02-13-2004, 11:53 PM
I guess thats why you've been offline for like 2 weeks now huh? :P

Shalla
02-14-2004, 12:06 AM
I've been bery bery berrryyy busy hon. Let me log on.

Warriorbird
02-15-2004, 05:38 PM
Ha ha ha. This deserves to be shared with the world.

Weedmage Princess
02-15-2004, 06:31 PM
She is a mentor. That's very disheartening.

Miss X
02-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, regardless of the lil song she's a good and helpfull mentor. ;)

Sean
02-15-2004, 06:35 PM
round 12 of the good mentor vs bad mentor debate.

crazymage
02-15-2004, 06:36 PM
i fail to see the problem..

Latrinsorm
02-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
i fail to see the problem.. Read the second post of the thread.

Snapp
02-15-2004, 07:00 PM
It's stupid, but not OOC really. Looks like she was just having fun with a friend. I don't see a need to bring the mentors into this.

Edit to add: Crazymage .. your sig. makes me GAG! :barf:

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by Snapp]

TheEschaton
02-15-2004, 07:14 PM
She changed the words to make it as IG as it can be.

The RL song should have no bearing, since, in Elanthia, it doan exist!

-TheE-

Artha
02-15-2004, 07:15 PM
So if I sing a Metallica or Britney Spears song, is that OOC?

Warriorbird
02-15-2004, 07:16 PM
No. It's corny.

Latrinsorm
02-15-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
The RL song should have no bearing, since, in Elanthia, it doan exist!That's the point. It's OOC. If I were to go into Elanthia and start yelling "Everyone let's go play Asheron's Call!" you think it would be ok because Asheron's Call doesn't exist in Elanthia? Or were you being sarcastic?

Ilvane
02-15-2004, 07:48 PM
Songs from famous and not so famous singers have been all over Elanthia..that doesn't mean she's a bad mentor.

I have no clue who Rehab is either.:snicker:

-A, not old either:whistle:

Scott
02-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Deevareeree is a moron, not because of this, but the millions of other moronic things she does. Whether she's a mentor, not mentor, or even a GM, she's still a moron.

DCSL
02-16-2004, 02:46 AM
I would think the evidence of her moronic behavior is not the above, but her ...signature ACT abuse. I haven't saved it, but I know how it goes:

(Deevareeree hugs all her friends, not you, not you, not you... you!)

Betheny
02-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Deev is annoying and has no sense of RP really... But all of that are things I"ve been willing to forgive, because she is one of those genuinely nice people that you so rarely find in GS. I'm not sure what you make of it, but she's an incredibly kind person.

Nakiro
02-16-2004, 12:43 PM
People with six or more letters in their name should not be mentors.

I don't think we should have mentors at all though, which these are entirely different topic anyway.

CrystalTears
02-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Deev is annoying and has no sense of RP really... But all of that are things I"ve been willing to forgive, because she is one of those genuinely nice people that you so rarely find in GS. I'm not sure what you make of it, but she's an incredibly kind person.

So bad roleplay is forgiven as long as you're a nice person?

Betheny
02-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Nah, I'm just saying I'm not going to carry a torch to make her life in GS miserable. Besides, how many people in the majority of the GS player pool really RP?

Why stress about it? So she sucks at RP. AT least she isn't Warclaidhm: Bad RP, and an asshole.

LilHellcat
02-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Personally I think she's not a good mentor. I think her names sounds like something a cat coughed up and really if she's an example of what the lands should be like can we just walk around going OMG U R SO FUCKING COOL and it be okay? I shudder in fear and cower at the fact this woman or man *coughs* has an impact on the new ones in the lands.

Bobmuhthol
02-16-2004, 12:52 PM
She once freaked on the Voln net because she was in a non-populated area, died, and decayed. She whined for like half an hour that nobody ran to her rescue.

Pallon
02-16-2004, 12:53 PM
Eh, she's not all bad. And she rescued my ass like fifty times when I died in River's Rest. At least she's not like, say, Vif

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Deedaaveevaa was one of the folks in Riverrest that went apeshit that the Isle crowd came there to help in the Krolvin wars. I can distinctly recall her saying she'd NEVER leave the rest because it was her home and she loved it, blah blah blah.

:oops:

That was my one interaction with her, which was plenty for me to put her in the "avoid" bin. Of course, Riverrest turning into some clique elitest club was enough to sour me on the whole thing anyway.

[Edited on 2-16-2004 by Suppa Hobbit Mage]

AnticorRifling
02-16-2004, 01:19 PM
She pawned off a few newbies on me because they wanted to be shown how to hunt and it was a "waste of her time" per the whispers. I took the two new kids out explained alot of things and had fun with it. Every rat we killed had her face on it in my mind.

Nakiro
02-16-2004, 01:21 PM
I'd report her ass for that shit.

And I'd kill her.

DeV
02-16-2004, 01:43 PM
She is not a good roleplayer... nuff said.

SpunGirl
02-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
She pawned off a few newbies on me because they wanted to be shown how to hunt and it was a "waste of her time" per the whispers. I took the two new kids out explained alot of things and had fun with it. Every rat we killed had her face on it in my mind.

Wasn't this posted before, and someone said they mistook someone else with lots of "eee" in their name for this mentor? I seem to remember something like that.

-K

TheEschaton
02-16-2004, 07:34 PM
In fact, that's true. I know Dee, and she claimed that someone with an extra "ree" was impersonating her.

Deevareereeree, and I have trouble enough with Deevareeree.

-TheE-

AnticorRifling
02-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Nope it was her unless someone else has that stupid name and the title Mentor.

Ambrosia
02-17-2004, 01:56 PM
That is a bad name and if she truly did do that, then no, she shouldn't be a Mentor. She has rescued me before and was nice to me, so as a person she isn't bad. Maybe not the best Role player but it's better than being a complete asshole.

Galleazzo
02-17-2004, 03:45 PM
So she's a bad mentor because she's not a great songwriter and has too many letters in her name?

Fuck a duck with a fork, if the only mentors around were ggood poets with short names, how many would frigging be left?

DarknessWithin
02-18-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
So she's a bad mentor because she's not a great songwriter and has too many letters in her name?

Fuck a duck with a fork, if the only mentors around were ggood poets with short names, how many would frigging be left?

Fuck...a duck...with a fork? Do i even want to know? Just when I thought i heard the weirdest thing, these boards prove me wrong. :lol:

So Dee was singing a song...big deal. If your claiming OOC on her singing a song, why?? She changed the lyrics so they fit in game. She's not hurting anyone. If you don't like what she's doin then just leave. If you think about it she could be doing alot worse, just listen to the blacknet.

One who thinks Dee is a nice person everytime he's delt with her,
DarknessWithin

Bobmuhthol
02-18-2004, 03:22 AM
<<She changed the lyrics so they fit in game. She's not hurting anyone.>>

PLAGERISM ALERT. THAT IS WHAT'S WRONG.

Mint
02-18-2004, 03:23 AM
I like her. She was helpful to me when I started. Would I want to have to say her name? No, but luckily I am not required to. Dee works just fine and she responds to it.

DarknessWithin
02-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

So your telling me you are just now starting to care about plagerism in a game where something happens like that, what? 50 times a day? Get off your high horse man. Your just bashing someone who hasn't hurt you personally and is having fun on her own. People put an elanthian twist on stuff all the time, hell, the GM's do it!

Case example:

Spitfire 2004 motto: "Dead Dhe'nar Tell No Tales"

Your telling me we should get Disney involved with this?

Bobmuhthol
02-18-2004, 10:49 AM
<<Your just bashing someone who hasn't hurt you personally>>

You're right. No one has hurt me. But she does annoy the hell out of me.

Galleazzo
02-18-2004, 10:57 AM

So fucking what. Everyone plagiarizes all the time. How many characters are named after and act like ones from books or movies?

DarknessWithin
02-18-2004, 10:59 AM
<<Your just bashing someone who hasn't hurt you personally>>

You're right. No one has hurt me. But she does annoy the hell out of me.

Then why waste your effort in trying to bash her? just leave her be, I'm sure she doesn't want to deal with you either. Just because someone annoys the hell out of you doesn't mean you need to treat them like crap. I didn't think we were still in preschool man. Think of all the other less-pointless things we could do with the time we spend here to bash people. :lol:

Bobmuhthol
02-18-2004, 11:09 AM
She shouldn't want to deal with me, she'd get pwnd.

DarknessWithin
02-18-2004, 11:15 AM
She shouldn't want to deal with me, she'd get pwnd.

The same way I killed your plagerism claim? Riiight.

Bobmuhthol
02-18-2004, 11:16 AM
...wtf?

Latrinsorm
02-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by DarknessWithin
So Dee was singing a song...big deal. If your claiming OOC on her singing a song, why?? She changed the lyrics so they fit in game. She's not hurting anyone. If you don't like what she's doin then just leave. If you think about it she could be doing alot worse, just listen to the blacknet.She could be doing worse doesn't mean she's not doing bad now. If she waltzed into the park (where I tend to rest) and started singing "I'm going off the rails on a crazy wagonnnn, I'm going off the rails on a crazy wagonnnn" I would slap you in the face for suggesting that I should leave. By your logic, anyone can be OOC whenever they want, so long as they're not "hurting anyone". I could go in game and repeatedly shout "DarknessWithin's posts are uber l33t on the PC boards http://forum.gsplayers.com!!!" because hey, I'm not hurting anyone.

Galleazzo
02-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Except she's not doing that, and you know it -- you're starting with the "When did you stop beating your wife?" comments. What in that song of hers was out of genre?

:shrug:

Latrinsorm
02-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Except she's not doing that, and you know it -- you're starting with the "When did you stop beating your wife?" comments. What in that song of hers was out of genre?I don't know what you mean with that wife-beating statement.

However, if you read the second post of this thread, you'd see that (some band named) Rehab has a song that's similar enough to her song to rule out coincidence. While there are varying degrees of OOC-ness, being OOC is being OOC. Her singing a song by Rehab is fundamentally the same as her singing a song by Ozzy, even if she changes a word here and there to make the actual words IC.

edit: and the website comment was meant to highlight the absurdity of DW's statement that going OOC doesn't hurt anyone.

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by Latrinsorm]

Caramia
02-18-2004, 03:40 PM
If you can recognize it as an OOC song, then it is OOC. Plain and simple.

Galleazzo
02-18-2004, 04:00 PM
You guys have got to be fucking kidding me.

So if I can find in any fantasy book or story the character names you happen to use, you're OOC and you suck? Sure, we can play that.

:shrug:

Bobmuhthol
02-18-2004, 04:07 PM
<<So if I can find in any fantasy book or story the character names you happen to use, you're OOC and you suck? Sure, we can play that.>>

Actually, yes.

Latrinsorm
02-18-2004, 04:08 PM
So if I can find in any fantasy book or story the character names you happen to use, you're OOC and you suck? Sure, we can play that.You only suck if you don't change it.

DarknessWithin
02-25-2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Originally posted by DarknessWithin
So Dee was singing a song...big deal. If your claiming OOC on her singing a song, why?? She changed the lyrics so they fit in game. She's not hurting anyone. If you don't like what she's doin then just leave. If you think about it she could be doing alot worse, just listen to the blacknet.She could be doing worse doesn't mean she's not doing bad now. If she waltzed into the park (where I tend to rest) and started singing "I'm going off the rails on a crazy wagonnnn, I'm going off the rails on a crazy wagonnnn" I would slap you in the face for suggesting that I should leave. By your logic, anyone can be OOC whenever they want, so long as they're not "hurting anyone". I could go in game and repeatedly shout "DarknessWithin's posts are uber l33t on the PC boards http://forum.gsplayers.com!!!" because hey, I'm not hurting anyone.

Did I say anyone could be OOC whever they feel like it as long as they aren't "hurting anyone"?? No. If people would stop jumping to bash everyone, you would see that I meant it more as compared to what other people do for "RP," She could be doing worse. She didn't have to change the words if she didn't want to. Granted, she would then be OOC and I'd say bash away. Comparing what she did to someone singing an Ozzy song is a lil harsh. Yes, I'd slap someone for singing that, it's openly OOC. But how many people actually knew that she was singing an OOC song before the lyrics were posted here? Yes, a mainstream song like Crazy Train shouldn't be tweaked to fit in GS but is it worth the time to bitch about some song that probably the majority of the players have never heard?

Bottom line, you gotta take stuff in stride..pick your battles. If we went by your logic the GM's would be OOC for everything about the Spitfire that says "Dead Dhe'nar Tell No Tales." Does that make sense to claim OOC? No.

P.S. My posts arent l33t, they pwn

SpunGirl
02-25-2004, 06:03 AM
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SPELL "PLAGARISM" RIGHT. FUCK.

I would expect more from you, Bob.

-K

TheEschaton
02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Sure thing, SpunGirl.

P-L-A-G-I-A-R-I-S-M.

pla·gia·rism ( P ) Pronunciation Key (plj-rzm)
n.
The act of plagiarizing.
Something plagiarized.

Kettle, this is pot calling. You're looking pretty black.

-TheE-

Galleazzo
02-25-2004, 03:51 PM
(mutters)

SpunGirl
02-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Damn. /wipes soot off

There had to be a first time, I suppose.

-K

Methais
02-26-2004, 10:57 AM
<<I think her names sounds like something a cat coughed up>>

ROFL!

Someone just kill her.