PDA

View Full Version : Posts reduced by 75%

GSWanted
03-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Well 3 weeks ago from this upcoming Monday I got laid off. First time ever, it almost felt like I got fired.

Long story short, I sent out 20 applications/resumes per day. Yesterday I got an amazing offer.

So with that said you all will be happy to know my posts in the marketplace forum should be reduced TONS.

I've been talking with tons of people on Psinet's OCC channel and I know there are a lot of you without jobs. Keep your heads up there are some jobs out there.

GL in your future endeavours,
-GSWanted

Kuyuk
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
you should at least tell us what job you got ;p

tease

NocturnalRob
03-20-2009, 11:05 AM
it almost felt like I got fired.
you did.

congrats on the new job.

GSWanted
03-20-2009, 03:31 PM
you did.

congrats on the new job.

Lol, thank you for that, I guess I did.

Umm, to answer the other poster...I was previously a commercial construction superintendent. Handled 100s of workers to construct a building from 2D blueprints. I love being outside and having the satisfaction of driving buy something I had built like a strip shopping center or a multi-story building and thinking "hey! I built that". It's a really rewarding yet stressful job, perhaps that's the reason it pays so extreme well.

Now I'm going into the O&G industry, construction side, and I'll be doing some paper pushing out of town for a ridiculous amount of money. (I don't know why they are paying what they are for the job but I'm sure I'll find out.)

Thank you again,
-GSWanted

Sean
03-20-2009, 03:33 PM
I've never met a contractor who built a building according to the plans. ChangeOrders'R'Us

GSWanted
03-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Ahahaha...dude you are 1000000% right about that. It's only because the plans suck. The architects don't design stuff correctly or the owner doesn't have a clue.

Thus COs are executed.

Thanks for the laugh Sean.