PDA

View Full Version : Study Shows Women Are Unlucky

Bobmuhthol
02-13-2004, 07:58 PM
According to myth and superstition, Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky day.

Testing that theory, a researcher at a university in Finland has found that men are not more likely to die in traffic accidents on Friday the 13th than on other Fridays. But women are.

Checking records in Finland, Dr. Simo Nayha found women have nearly a two-thirds greater chance of getting killed in a wreck on Friday the 13th than on an ordinary Friday.

Writing in the American Journal of Psychiatry, Nayha says that may be because more women are superstitious -- they think the day will be unlucky and that may affect their behavior. To support his theory, he points to statistics that show women in Finland are twice as likely as men to be diagnosed with mental disorders.

Title changed to not h8.

[Edited on 2-14-2004 by Bobmuhthol]

Artha
02-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Women just suck at driving.

Zeyrin
02-14-2004, 01:05 AM
That figure probably has tripled since cell phones have come into play. hehe

02-14-2004, 01:07 AM
What artha said.
And you women all know its true.

Mint
02-14-2004, 03:49 AM
Four years of professional driving and only two accidents which I might add, the investigating supervisor found to be nonpreventable by me because the two other drivers were at fault...two MALE drivers. Male drivers are not nearly as reliable as women. Ask your local insurance agent.

CrystalTears
02-14-2004, 10:57 AM
I've been driving for almost 15 years, and I've only been in two accidents. Both times it was because someone hit me from behind at stupid speeds, and both were men.

Artha
02-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Ask your local insurance agent.

Instead...let's consult my book of lame jokes.

Why was Helen Keller a bad driver?

Because she was a woman.

You can't argue with evidence like that.

Bobmuhthol
02-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Women are the bad drivers. Women who get in accidents are either at fault to begin with or they were in a man's way. If you don't want to get hit, drive just as well as a man.

diethisway
02-14-2004, 12:09 PM
hey. I'm a woman and I got lucky last night.

and I've been in one accident on the highway when a stupid lady (without a 4 year old child in a seatbelt, let alone a car seat) pulled a left turn right in front of me as I was going 60.

*in best rainman* I'm an excellent driver.

Latrinsorm
02-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Women are bad drivers in the sense of "not driving like men" which therefore causes accidents, because there's a lot of anticipation in driving. My dad, for instance, will anticipate the light changing, and if you're in front of him, you better too, or he'll lay on the horn. It's kind of funny and kind of scary. "Dad," I'll say, "The light's still red." Not that he cares. He also tends to insult the other driver's hygiene, which makes for some funny moments.