PDA

View Full Version : race for blunt/board pally?

deadly
03-15-2009, 11:15 PM
I have a dwarf pally whos 12 right now but i have a few questions on race.

i was thinking of going for a taller race like half-krol but the -logic stat does that really hinder anything for a pally or any other class as far as xp learning goes i heard it was so minimal like 1-3 xp per pulse.

does having a taller race help with things like bullrush/shield bash?

should I keep the dwarf or go half-krol?

and what starting stats would you use for the half krol if I should go with this race? i have no issues with starting over.

mrjrd222
03-15-2009, 11:35 PM

Yes, a big race gets bonuses while a small race gets penalties. Shield bash on a Dwarf will be awful, but feint is still very useful with blunt/board

I have a half-krol paladin, I think it's great, he's a polearm user with charge. It works very well. His logic was unfortunatly low to start, but I'm saving for a fixstat, and at cap he'd have the most ridiculous stats I've ever seen, 93 CON and 9 100's... think about that... /drool

and what starting stats would you use for the half krol if I should go with this race? i have no issues with starting over.

With Blunt/Board you can sacrifice some AGIDEX and get extra Logic, here's what my paladin started at and where he's at now...

Strength (STR): 85
Constitution (CON): 70
Dexterity (DEX): 85
Agility (AGI): 80
Discipline (DIS): 55
Aura (AUR): 70
Logic (LOG): 55
Intuition (INT): 50
Wisdom (WIS): 90
Influence (INF): 20

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 100 (35) ... 100 (35)
Constitution (CON): 98 (34) ... 98 (34)
Dexterity (DEX): 100 (25) ... 100 (25)
Agility (AGI): 98 (29) ... 98 (29)
Discipline (DIS): 83 (16) ... 83 (16)
Aura (AUR): 82 (16) ... 82 (16)
Logic (LOG): 65 (-3) ... 65 (-3)
Intuition (INT): 69 (9) ... 69 (9)
Wisdom (WIS): 100 (20) ... 100 (20)
Influence (INF): 58 (-1) ... 58 (-1)

As you can see, some of the stats are quite low at 64, if you check out the stat maximizer, and tweak it a little, you can get to 93 CON / 100 in all the other stats at 100, but if you won't make it to cap, I'd suggest something more like what I started at (probably more Logic, less DEX/WIS)

TheLastShamurai
03-15-2009, 11:41 PM
I have a dwarf pally whos 12 right now but i have a few questions on race.

i was thinking of going for a taller race like half-krol but the -logic stat does that really hinder anything for a pally or any other class as far as xp learning goes i heard it was so minimal like 1-3 xp per pulse.

Logic should always start high for a Paladin anyways, because it has shitty growth for us. But if you're not picking a race from a roleplay perspective, just be a Giantman.

deadly
03-15-2009, 11:44 PM
think half-krol is better than a dwarf for a pally?

kinda want to know as much as possible before he gets too old. hes 11 right now almost 12

TheLastShamurai
03-15-2009, 11:51 PM
Every race has their perks.

The monkeys scoff at the cold. Fuckers.

Mechwarrior1
03-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Logic should always start high for a Paladin anyways, because it has shitty growth for us. But if you're not picking a race from a roleplay perspective, just be a Giantman.

Here is a tidbit of wisdom from a retired old street-racer: "There's no replacement for displacement". Go giantman.