PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Florida panhandle

softheart
03-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Its that time again....We are having another get together in the Northwest Florida panhandle on April 18th.....We will be providing the food and other stuff, all you have to bring is your choice of drink (liquor) we will have the mixers....Let me know if you plan on joining us so that we know how much food to get.......

elcidcannon
03-17-2009, 12:23 AM
aw how long have these been going on? I used to live in Pensacola!

Drew
03-17-2009, 12:24 AM
There have been a lot of them. But I don't recall ever seeing pics or anything, but a lot of them have been planned at least.

Methais
03-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Can I show up naked?

elcidcannon
03-17-2009, 05:16 AM
Good think I moved. :-)

softheart
03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
We have been doing this for 3 years now, we throw at least 2 a year, last year we had 3....Pictures are on my myspace page....and yes Methais if it makes you happy you can show up naked.....You just need to show up...If anyone wants my myspace link so you can see pics feel free to PM me......

softheart
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
alright now that I know for sure what we will be serving ill let ya all know....We will be doing a shrimp boil and a crawfish boil......so there will be lots of food here for you to enjoy.....

Jace Solo
03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Panhandle is a big place...any more specific location and time?
I'm in Tally but have a house there in PC and a place I can stay in Destin/Pensacola. I might be interested in dropping by if I'm in the area.
So...
more info?

Methais
03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
alright now that I know for sure what we will be serving ill let ya all know....We will be doing a shrimp boil and a crawfish boil......so there will be lots of food here for you to enjoy.....

Do you guys make crawfish the right way in Florida?

Damn I wish I thought about crawfish before I just went grocery shopping.

You should also make it mandatory that everyone there suck the heads. :tongue:

softheart
03-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Its in Defuniak Springs.....exit 85 off I-10....Brielus and Kaelowyn will be coming from Tallahassee themselves......the time is whenever people start showing up really....

softheart
03-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Methais we cook the veggies in the seasoned water then add the crawfish...is there any other way to cook them? and hell no I aint sucking the heads...that is gross.....

Methais
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Methais we cook the veggies in the seasoned water then add the crawfish...is there any other way to cook them? and hell no I aint sucking the heads...that is gross.....

These 3 links seem to have all the good stuff required to make them taste good, instead of making them taste like the raised in shit pond frozen crawfish imported from China that you get at the buffets:

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10900
http://www.grouprecipes.com/43894/louisiana-crawfish-boil.html
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Seafood/CrawfishBoil.htm

Make sure you purge them too, unless you wanna eat old crawfish shit.

As for sucking the heads, you're not actually sucking or eating the head/brains/guts. You're just sucking the juice out of the midsection (you're not actually sucking the head either), which is quite yummy, sometimes even better than the tail. You're wasting half the crawfish by skipping that.

Kind of like this:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/13629034_6fd9fae71b.jpg

If you've never tried it though, you can't say it's gross. I used to be the same way until I tried it.

If my friend Jeff (the one that made the jambalaya at the gathering at my place in '01) wasn't having a kid next week, I'd send him down there to show you how it's done :D

You oughta get some footage of people trying to figure out how to peel them too, should be good stuff. I was clueless when I ate my first one.

Paradii
03-18-2009, 06:57 PM
I personally eat the whole thing. Shell, head, feet, antennae, the whole deal. But I am a lot cooler than all of you.

Methais
03-18-2009, 07:11 PM
I personally eat the whole thing. Shell, head, feet, antennae, the whole deal. But I am a lot cooler than all of you.

Your photobucket link in your sig is still broken.

Paradii
03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Your photobucket link in your sig is still broken.

and it will continue to stay that way until the internets yields to my demands and adjusts to me.

diethx
03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
These 3 links seem to have all the good stuff required to make them taste good, instead of making them taste like the raised in shit pond frozen crawfish imported from China that you get at the buffets:

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10900
http://www.grouprecipes.com/43894/louisiana-crawfish-boil.html
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Seafood/CrawfishBoil.htm

Make sure you purge them too, unless you wanna eat old crawfish shit.

As for sucking the heads, you're not actually sucking or eating the head/brains/guts. You're just sucking the juice out of the midsection (you're not actually sucking the head either), which is quite yummy, sometimes even better than the tail. You're wasting half the crawfish by skipping that.

Kind of like this:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/DoyleHargraves/13629034_6fd9fae71b.jpg

If you've never tried it though, you can't say it's gross. I used to be the same way until I tried it.

If my friend Jeff (the one that made the jambalaya at the gathering at my place in '01) wasn't having a kid next week, I'd send him down there to show you how it's done :D

You oughta get some footage of people trying to figure out how to peel them too, should be good stuff. I was clueless when I ate my first one.

This thread has taken a turn towards the disgusting. :(

Methais
03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
This thread has taken a turn towards the disgusting. :(

Ever tried it?

IF NOT THEN STFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!21212142424lemonparty32 564566

diethx
03-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I've never tried eating feces and i'm fairly sure I don't need to in order to call it fucking gross.

Methais
03-18-2009, 09:09 PM
I've never tried eating feces and i'm fairly sure I don't need to in order to call it fucking gross.

Except you're not eating shit, so it doesn't apply.

diethx
03-18-2009, 09:11 PM
I'd call those shit.

Methais
03-18-2009, 09:12 PM
I can call you a banana. Does that make you a banana?

diethx
03-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Oh I got it, so you never call anything shit except when you're talking about feces?

Gimme a fucking break.

Anyway, you go ahead and eat all the sea cockroaches you want... i'll still find it fucking disgusting.

Methais
03-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh I got it, so you never call anything shit except when you're talking about feces?

Gimme a fucking break.

Anyway, you go ahead and eat all the sea cockroaches you want... i'll still find it fucking disgusting.

Do you eat lobster?

diethx
03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
No.

Methais
03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
WELL YOU SUCK THEN!

diethx
03-18-2009, 09:17 PM
UR MOM~!!!!!!!11

Methais
03-18-2009, 09:18 PM
I was looking for a picture to post, and I found this instead and now I want cake.

http://k41.pbase.com/g3/33/376833/2/88372186.IukH42Ww.jpg

EDIT: And brownies.

Methais
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
HAY WATE!

I call everything shit, including feces. I only call things feces when I'm talking about feces.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 111111111111111

I want some fucking cake NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

diethx
03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
HAY WATE!

I call everything shit, including feces. I only call things feces when I'm talking about feces.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111 111111111111111

I want some fucking cake NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I didn't call crawfish feces, I was making a point. I don't need to try something to know it's going to be fucking nasty. You're the one who tried to take what I said literally and use the word shit. Soooo...

I'd call those shit.

Cuz they ARE shit. :D

Also, your pic is broken. DOUBLE UR FAILURE, DOUBLE UR FUN.

Methais
03-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I don't need to try something to know it's going to be fucking nasty.

Sure you do, because you don't know how something tastes until you taste it. Until you taste it, you only think you know. There's been a lot of foods I knew I'd hate that turned out to kick ass. That's probably happened at least once to you in your lifetime.

Pic shows up fine for me, SO IT'S YOUR DOUBLE TRIPLE 10100040340300000X FAILURE!!!!!!!!!111

diethx
03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Sure you do, because you don't know how something tastes until you taste it. Until you taste it, you only think you know. There's been a lot of foods I knew I'd hate that turned out to kick ass. That's probably happened at least once to you in your lifetime.

Dude, come on now. I know what I like the taste of and what I don't like the taste of. I'm not a seafood person, I don't like lobster which you tried to equate it to, and I KNOW 100x over I would not like crawfish. I've smelled them and seen them and been nauseated by them. I don't need to suck their fucking head juices to know they'll make me throw up.

SO STICK THAT IN YOUR GOATSE, K?

Jace Solo
03-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Its in Defuniak Springs.....exit 85 off I-10....Brielus and Kaelowyn will be coming from Tallahassee themselves......the time is whenever people start showing up really....

Nice, I literally thought I was the only one who played this game in Tallahassee.

diethx
03-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Why would you think that?

Methais
03-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Dude, come on now. I know what I like the taste of and what I don't like the taste of. I'm not a seafood person, I don't like lobster which you tried to equate it to, and I KNOW 100x over I would not like crawfish. I've smelled them and seen them and been nauseated by them. I don't need to suck their fucking head juices to know they'll make me throw up.

SO STICK THAT IN YOUR GOATSE, K?

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm12/yagamisan/Gifs/Noooo.jpg

softheart
03-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Nope you arent....there are some others but I cant recall their names...Adamina was living in Talla but she moved back up North.....But if you got the time and wanna come have a good time with us you are more than welcome to.....Just let me know

Drakam
03-19-2009, 01:27 AM
not to mention some people cross half the country to make the party ;)

Jayvn
03-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Seriously if you have not been to one of Sadrae's parties you miss out.. and sometimes you don't see pictures because they are not meant for interwebs... I'm suprised I wasn't naked after the moonshine... was I? And I do remember the video of the girls doing suck and blow shots..that I posted somewhere on youtube. Damnit I wish I was closer.

softheart
03-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I wish you were too!!!! I miss you guys so much......although we would have to put a steak on the grill for you like we are having to for Drakam...But thats ok....we will enjoy the shrimp and crawfish that you people cant eat......

psycat
03-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Seriously if you have not been to one of Sadrae's parties you miss out.. and sometimes you don't see pictures because they are not meant for interwebs... I'm suprised I wasn't naked after the moonshine... was I? And I do remember the video of the girls doing suck and blow shots..that I posted somewhere on youtube. Damnit I wish I was closer.

QFMFT

Me and Sadrae had a bit of a falling out you could say and though I won't attend another party they were good times. Don't worry Javyn since I don't go there's no more moonshine to be had.

softheart
03-26-2009, 12:25 AM
The moonshine can still be had if we want it, we do have someone else that can get it.....This years party is going to be one not to miss, really wish you could make it Jay....we really miss you.....

softheart
04-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Alright Peoplez!!! we got 1 week and 6 days.....

complac3ncy
04-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Wish I coulda made that....Would have been able to if it was in May. I'll be at Hurlburt Field AFB on temporary duty for a week.
Bet it was fun. :)

-Tenalin

Drakam
04-24-2009, 09:04 PM
It was great! those that didn't come missed out on some fun.