PDA

View Full Version : Fandolier

Sile
03-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Willing to field offers on this great item. I'm currently working on a little one to use it.

Looking for trades of nice high end plate or two handed weapons for it. Not looking to sell for silvers. May consider other nice high end weapons.

It generates unlimited 4x lightning flaring axes.

You glance down to see a gold-on-red stiff parchment fan in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

(show)
Traces of bright gold paint dance across the crimson parchment fan, the glimmers bringing an elaborate wyvern to light amongst the stiff folds. Golden villswood blades provide a backbone for the delicate bauble, extending past the parchment and coming to sharp, claw-like tips.

(loresong)
>As the song begins, the world dissolves into a grainy image of windswept tundra where a pair of hunters hide behind some scrub. Time passes, and a beast of burden lumbers past. The younger hunter stands, takes aim with his single spear and hurls it with all his might, yet for naught as it flies wide. The elder sighs as he watches the beast tramp away. He quips, "Too bad little brother, you shall feel father's bow across your back when we return home with no game." The picture dissolves away

>Sitting around a fire, the young hunter has grown and many rings adorn his upswept pointed ears. He sits tailor-fashion, stretching the hides of a tribe of fenghai he has slain in his trial of manhood. He stares at them with fascination, as he carefully scrapes the skins and alternately glances at the old shaman sitting before the fire chanting in an old, forgotten tongue. "Old one, in my hunt, I was burdened carrying an entire sheaf of spears and my stealth was less than I was capable of." The old man stares into the smoke, lost in thought.

> Many moons have passed, and a group of hunters stand around a bier. The elder hunter intones a ritual as the old one is lowered into a pit lined with oil-soaked grass and sticks. The hunter, now a warleader in his tribe and considered one of the smartest in his village, removes the shaman's pouch and sorts through it. A single scroll with an unbroken seal is the only item that he has never seen, as the other items are common, a smoking pipe, various herbs and medicinal items, some assorted bones, and a slender willow wand. He opens the scroll and gazes fondly at the body. "You finally came to an answer for a young man's question." His eyes mist over as he casts a torch into the pyre, sending the old man home.

>Sitting in a circle, the village elders chant ritual verses. The old hunter's son is ready to face his trials. His son straps on a quiver of tanned fenghai hide, adorned with many glass beads, and leather fringe from which old bones hang. The old man gazes fondly at his son and, reading from the old scroll, draws arcane symbols into the air. The single spear within the quiver glows softly a moment as it changes. "Take it," he commands. The boy grabs it and pulls and, to his surprise, it shimmers as he holds a spear in his hand, yet the one spear remained within. The old man lifts his head to the sky, and silently gives thanks.

I am in no rush to sell this, and as of right now I am not looking for silvers.

Send offers through PM

The Ponzzz
03-13-2009, 11:46 PM
Damn, you just got it. Why throwing it up for trade so soon?

Sile
03-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Damn, you just got it. Why throwing it up for trade so soon?

I'm in no rush to trade it, but Sile is still my main, and he don't have any nice toys.

I just figured it might help loosen some tounges that have nice weapons horded.

More then likely, it's not going anywhere.

Sile
03-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Still open to offers...

Side note, it seems to flare alot, averages about 1 in 4 hits. Here's a clip of a dual wield double flare.

With a quick flick of your wrist, you deftly send a mithril axe into flight.
You throw a mithril axe at a mountain ogre!
AS: +165 vs DS: +66 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +92 = +223
... and hit for 41 points of damage!
Bones in left arm crack.

** Your mithril axe emits a searing bolt of lightning! **

... 15 points of damage!
Visible wisps of electricity shoot up right leg. Youch!
The mountain ogre is stunned!
The mithril axe flips over, landing behind a mountain ogre.
With a quick flick of your wrist, you deftly send a mithril axe into flight.
You throw a mithril axe at a mountain ogre!
AS: +165 vs DS: +64 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +22 = +155
... and hit for 21 points of damage!
Slash to the mountain ogre's right leg hits high!
Kinda makes your knees weak, huh?

** Your mithril axe emits a searing bolt of lightning! **

... 25 points of damage!
Nasty shock to left hand stiffens fingers. Nice and painful.
The mountain ogre is stunned!
The mithril axe ricochets away from a mountain ogre, landing nearby.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
Roundtime changed to 2 seconds.

Flares seem to range from the low end 1 point flare to as high as 60 that I've seen so far.

The Ponzzz
03-17-2009, 07:58 AM
All bandoliers have an increased rate in which they flare.

kookiegod
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
All bandoliers have an increased rate in which they flare.

No they don't.

Heh.

~Paul

The Ponzzz
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
THEY FLARE MOAR! I swear I get 1 out of 4 instead of like 1 out of 7.

Sile
03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure about more or less, but I seem to get about 1 in 4 as a flare on average.

B2
03-18-2009, 07:32 PM
I would chime in and say that I saw about 1 in 4 flare as well, but considering that I saw it with the same fandolier, I'm not sure if it counts as additional data.

But Divid's handaxe bandolier and Tep's spear bandolier flared like woah, as well, when I was using those. I just don't have the logs to look at.

Sile
03-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Still looking at interesting trade offers.

Sile
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Gone