PDA

View Full Version : Official: 3 Day only Mini Sylvan Festival

Fallen
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Dateline: Niiman, day 12 of the month Charlatos in the year 5109

Local Elven Scholar, Lisano Torrenzia of Ta'Illistim, has discovered an encampment of Sylvisterai near Whistler's Pass. Once gaining their trust, the scholar has secured an agreement of three day's trade with the Lassaran while they prepare to move encampment. Local authorities ask for caution and respect when approaching the encampment and advise all prospective traders bringing promissory notes to draft from the Elven Nations banks. Promissory notes from other cities are not acceptable to the tribe.

OOC: Head down Whistler's Pass to look for the encampment and engage in trade with the Lassaran!

~Naionna

Kitsun
03-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Attached a map of the grounds. Also has directions to the encampment. Looks pretty small and sylvany.

dark leather structure [Flight of the Arrow] Ysadiana Fletching, Arrows
a pale-toned hyrrad [The Pale Hyrrad] Instruments, Runestaves, Wooden Nicknacks
a domed and sapling-framed enclosure [A Domed Enclosure]
a short leather hyrrad [The Thinnest Thread] Mannequins with junk
a sinew-tied natural hide hyrrad [A Simple Hyrrad] Leather stuff - shoes, cobbling leather, armor
a rounded leather hyrrad [Stocks and Nocks] Bows/crossbows, quivers
a willow and waxed hide hyrrad [Whyle's Weaves] ??? - random nature stuff
a patchy sinew-stitched hyrrad [A Patchwork Hyrrad] Jewelry

Fallen
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Good work, Kitsun.

Morrff
03-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Good work, Kitsun.

x2

Thanks Kit

Eddge
03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
do we have an item list yet? before i travel or pay someone to travel there

Fallen
03-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Would have to compulsively check Nilandia's website. I haven't wandered over there quite yet. Something tells me Evarin wont be all that blown away with the inventory.

Eddge
03-12-2009, 10:09 PM
checked have not seen an update yet do they take well to darkelfs? i would guess not so dont really want to tavel all they way over there to exchange a note and get raped on prices

Fallen
03-12-2009, 10:26 PM
checked have not seen an update yet do they take well to darkelfs? i would guess not so dont really want to tavel all they way over there to exchange a note and get raped on prices

There might be higher prices but I can't answer that. I do know there is a sylvan only area, so that isn't really against DE's, but everyone who isn't a sylvan.

BriarFox
03-12-2009, 10:27 PM
There might be higher prices but I can't answer that. I do know there is a sylvan only area, so that isn't really against DE's, but everyone who isn't a sylvan.

It's an observation point, however. I got Nilandia to tell me. There's nothing for sale up there that I know of. Some RP and such, though.

diethx
03-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah, there's nothing for sale up there.

Fallen
03-12-2009, 10:29 PM
It's an observation point, however. I got Nilandia to tell me. There's nothing for sale up there that I know of. Some RP and such, though.

Thanks for the information. Good to hear Sylvans are having their moment in the sun. I hope no one thought I was bitching about other races being excluded. I was simply clarifying the "racism" taking place at the festival. I'm all for bringing on the race based hate.

BriarFox
03-12-2009, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the information. Good to hear Sylvans are having their moment in the sun. I hope no one thought I was bitching about other races being excluded. I was simply clarifying the "racism" taking place at the festival. I'm all for bringing on the race based hate.

Nope, just adding info. Mildly hurt my half-sylvan can't go up.

Fallen
03-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Nope, just adding info. Mildly hurt my half-sylvan can't go up.

Even other halfbreeds hate halfbreeds. You had no hope at all for dealing with the Eco-friendly brand sylphs. Can someone fill me in why these sylvans are out there? I'm mildly interested, but my PC couldn't care less.

Drunken Durfin
03-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Is there a goodie list yet?

BriarFox
03-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Even other halfbreeds hate halfbreeds. You had no hope at all for dealing with the Eco-friendly brand sylphs. Can someone fill me in why these sylvans are out there? I'm mildly interested, but my PC couldn't care less.

They wintered over in a forest in Whistler's Pass. A Ta'Illistim scholar talking with them suggested they do some more vigorous trading for a few days before they left, so they agreed.

Fallen
03-12-2009, 10:50 PM
They wintered over in a forest in Whistler's Pass. A Ta'Illistim scholar talking with them suggested they do some more vigorous trading for a few days before they left, so they agreed.

I didn't know the bulk of them ever left their primary forest.

BriarFox
03-12-2009, 10:52 PM
I didn't know the bulk of them ever left their primary forest.

They don't, but you have to understand the D'aharanals (like guilds ... sorta). The main bulk are hidden behind an impenetrable barrier in the Sylvan home forest, with no way in or out unless they drop it, which they refuse to do (they put it up as a protection). There are the Lassaran D'aharanal, however, who are the wanderers of the Sylvans, and they lived in groups outside the main forest at the time of the barrier. Those are the ones you'll see around, and all the Sylvans in Elanthia are descended from them, unless someone's RPing a REALLY old Sylvan.

Fallen
03-12-2009, 10:57 PM
They don't, but you have to understand the D'aharanals (like guilds ... sorta). The main bulk are hidden behind an impenetrable barrier in the Sylvan home forest, with no way in or out unless they drop it, which they refuse to do (they put it up as a protection). There are the Lassaran D'aharanal, however, who are the wanderers of the Sylvans, and they lived in groups outside the main forest at the time of the barrier. Those are the ones you'll see around, and all the Sylvans in Elanthia are descended from them, unless someone's RPing a REALLY old Sylvan.

K. Thanks for the explanation.

B2
03-13-2009, 07:13 AM
I remember at the Dragonfly festival, there wasn't a way to restrict the arches that led to the cultural jewelry Thandiwe was selling to the specific cultures, just to races. I'm assuming the half-sylvan restriction here is the same thing; it would have been all half elves up there, which wouldn't quite make sense, or no half elves at all.

Nilandia
03-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Listage! Yay!

http://www.nilandia.com/merchants/sylvan09.htm

Gretchen

Askip
03-13-2009, 10:39 AM
<< Listage! Yay! >>

Always appreciated, thanks Gretchen!

Any scripts on the runestaves? Any enhancives at the event?

:D

Nilandia
03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I've posted all I know about stuff, except for details on the food. (You really should go experiment with the baking vessels. They're one of my favorite things here.) If I find more, I'll add it in.

Gretchen

Fallen
03-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Sounds like some fletching razors which give all of your crafted arrows flares went out last night. That's pretty nice.

Sharnath
03-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I got a disintegration razor last night and there are some very nice suprises for those who are alert enough. To get the special razors you need to gather a special list of supplies depending on the flare you want to addto the fletching. If anyone wants the lists let me know and I'll post them here. Most of the supplies are alchemy components, foragables, or gems.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Fallen
03-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh SNAP. They aren't limited? Please post the ingredients and I will have to bother to get one made. Thanks for the tip, Sharnath.

Hecates
03-13-2009, 12:11 PM
they are limited, i belive 20 per element, i dont know if that includes the 5 that were for sale last night either

Kitsun
03-13-2009, 12:19 PM
I got a disintegration razor last night and there are some very nice suprises for those who are alert enough. To get the special razors you need to gather a special list of supplies depending on the flare you want to addto the fletching. If anyone wants the lists let me know and I'll post them here. Most of the supplies are alchemy components, foragables, or gems.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Post em!

Sharnath
03-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Fire = essence of fire, firethorns, flaming violets, dragonfire opals, fire opals, and fire cat claws.

Cold = iceblossoms, ice tulips, essence of water, crystal cores, blue sapphires, and lapis lazuli

Acid = withered black mushroom, blackgrove root, crystal cores, green glimaerstones, green malachite stones, and wolfsbane root.

Steam = fire rat tail, fire lilies, essence of water, pale water sapphire, mermaid's-tear sapphires, and sea water.

Disintegration = black-tipped wyrm thorn, large black toadstools, black opals, pieces of black riftstone, essence of air, and crystal cores.

There must be 40 items gathered from each list for the given flare and they must be in near equal proportions. So 4 items at 10 each or 5 items at 8 each etc. The razors have limited uses but can be recharged.

Two razors per client. There were 20 of each flare at the beginning of last night.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Nilandia
03-13-2009, 01:09 PM
As a side note, the merchant said that the items must be balanced, so you can't bring 35 of one thing and then 1 each of 5 others.

Gretchen

BriarFox
03-13-2009, 01:14 PM
How many uses until the razor is empty? A huge number is the only thing that would convince me to go collect that junk.

Fallen
03-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm confused. Who is giving out the razors? Must you wait for an GM-NPC to be around to turn them in or is it an actual automated NPC at the festival?

Sharnath
03-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Ysadiana takes the supplies and gives you one of five different designs of the razor you want. She worked for two hours last night between the raffle for five razors and collecting supplies for the others. She said she would be back this evening for more razor exchanges. GM ran.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Sharnath
03-13-2009, 01:40 PM
My bard could not get an idea of the number of charges on the razor.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Fallen
03-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Are they merchant rechargeable (ew) or Bounty guild rechargeable?

Sharnath
03-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Her sign says that they can be recharged by her or her kin...

Sharnath
Weed Mage

BriarFox
03-13-2009, 02:02 PM
Her sign says that they can be recharged by her or her kin...

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Enter arrow quivers 2.0 ...

Just make some decent damn archery gear FFS.

Fallen
03-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Enter arrow quivers 2.0 ...

Just make some decent damn archery gear FFS.

Agreed. Merchant recharging is terrible. Once the GM leaves no one has a clue of how to fix it. Once they learn, it is offered once a century for an item that can perform 10 times then break.

:(

Sharnath
03-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Seems these have 75 uses from what I heard recently. That is one hundred arrows..

Sharnath
Weed Mage

BriarFox
03-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Seems these have 75 uses from what I heard recently. That is one hundred arrows..

Sharnath
Weed Mage

That's like a week's worth of hunting for me if I'm NOT warcamping. It's just ridiculous.

phantasm
03-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Has anyone actually used the razors? Mine doesn't work.

Elvenlady
03-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Posted by GM Xayle:

>>Am I doing something wrong, I made some arrows and went out to play with the flares and never got a single flare.

Hold off on using these until I can get someone to look at them. I'll post when they're all fixified.

~ X.

droit
03-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow. Yet another item that the creator didn't bother to test before releasing? Shouldn't that be a required step in the QC process?

Lyonis
03-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Thought the festival was going on through Sunday, they close it early for some reason? Or am I just mistaken?

AMUSED1
03-15-2009, 06:27 AM
It opened on Thurs. And it is a 3 day festival. Thursday, Friday, Saturday....

Lyonis
03-15-2009, 06:32 AM
It opened on Thurs. And it is a 3 day festival. Thursday, Friday, Saturday....

Nevermind!

Fallen
03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
What were the glowbark leaves? Didn't hear anything about those items.

Elvenlady
03-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Have they left the area open though? I haven't had chance to go out and look yet.

Fallen
03-15-2009, 01:31 PM
Have they left the area open though? I haven't had chance to go out and look yet.

It's closed from what I have heard.

Elvenlady
03-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Damn, it would have made a nice secluded area to sit and contemplate life, the universe and everything.

Kitsun
03-15-2009, 01:34 PM
The bitch is closed. I hopped over to see if I could nab a back quiver.

Fallen
03-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Kitsun, any clue what the glowbark leaves were about? Just a token item from NPCs or something?

Kitsun
03-15-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't have the foggiest. I didn't hang around in there much.

Fallen
03-15-2009, 01:45 PM
I don't have the foggiest. I didn't hang around in there much.

Nor did I. Someone gave me the inside scoop. You didn't miss anything. There was just the razors and the big bow auction.

Lyonis
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone has some of those flaring arrow heads that they'd be willing to sell. I'd be happy with 15-20 of them, though more would be better, and the element isn't really important. I'm willing to pay well for them, thanks!

Sharnath
03-15-2009, 04:29 PM
Lyonis, I have 200 or 300 of both fire and cold flaring arrowheads. You can find me around Illi or let me know where you want to meet and I'll give you some of them.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Lyonis
03-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Lyonis, I have 200 or 300 of both fire and cold flaring arrowheads. You can find me around Illi or let me know where you want to meet and I'll give you some of them.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Awesome, thank you so much!

Belnia
03-16-2009, 12:05 AM
The weavables merchant, Whyle, showed up on Saturday night to make custom designed weavable objects. I think someone got glowbark leaves made for their choice.