PDA

View Full Version : Possible build suggestions

Nitergen
03-12-2009, 01:41 PM
I was looking for some general pointers to put me in the right direction. For a Halfling Paladin would yall suggest 1h/shield over THW? I'm looking at all options for a build to see if it would be worthwhile.

TheLastShamurai
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
I guess that depends on what you mean by "worthwhile."

Its hard to fuck up a Paladin of any race/weapon style.

Fallen
03-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Halflings would have a penalty Bull Rush and I would imagine Shield Charge. Knockdown maneuvers might be annoying.

droit
03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Its hard to fuck up a Paladin of any race/weapon style.

Hey! That's our line!

TheLastShamurai
03-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Halflings would have a penalty Bull Rush and I would imagine Shield Charge. Knockdown maneuvers might be annoying.

They're over-rated anyways. I've never used them.

Hey! That's our line!

I thought your line was, "Where are we?"

Widgets
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I was looking for some general pointers to put me in the right direction. For a Halfling Paladin would yall suggest 1h/shield over THW? I'm looking at all options for a build to see if it would be worthwhile.

It would also help to know what Level the Halfling is as well, which can determine the sort of training path to use.

However, like mentioned in the other thread you made, you will get 30 days of instant migration, so basically...Try any and all paths you want.

Grab an OHB/OHE and Shield...hunt with that. Don't like it? No worries, instantly migrate into THW...Don't like that either? Hell, try a runestaff!

When I converted the new Paladin, I messed around with quite a few builds, 1x dodge etc, and finally found something that fits my style best.

If you do convert, just play around with it, you have 30 days to do so without having to sit in an inn for 14 days just to migrate away stuff

Nitergen
03-12-2009, 06:49 PM
My character is currently level 75. I have a OHB/shield in a locker somewhere and I do not have any THWs at my disposal. How about hurled weapons? I was thinking of a Paladin with a chain spear...

It would be expensive I know :)

TheLastShamurai
03-12-2009, 07:00 PM
I suggest staying a Cleric. Seems to be a good time to be a Cleric.

Izzy
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
My character is currently level 75. I have a OHB/shield in a locker somewhere and I do not have any THWs at my disposal. How about hurled weapons? I was thinking of a Paladin with a chain spear...

It would be expensive I know :)

Definitely not hurling. You'd need to train both hurling/poles, which is way too expensive. Plus hurling sucks ass.

Back
03-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I went sword/board but always wondered how Voln brawling would work.

TheLastShamurai
03-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I went sword/board but always wondered how Voln brawling would work.

It's probably pretty sweet.

Especially if/when the 110 area ever comes out.

Widgets
03-12-2009, 08:28 PM
It's probably pretty sweet.

Especially if/when the 110 area ever comes out.

Hell, I bet it would rock with the Sentries and Defenders in the Temple too.

Nitergen
03-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Since a halfling paladin would not have a high AS as other races. Would it be wise to go with two blunt weapons in twc? I might have put enough money togethor to buy armor and weapons to give this conversion a try.

I was just hoping anyone could throw some build suggestions out there so I can get over my doubts. I haven't seen a lot of build discussions on here or the simu boards other than stick to the core strengths. 1x spells, 2.1x lores, armor train till 150 ranks for plate, 2x twc, .5 ohb?, 1.5x pt since i'm a halfling? I am rather lost at this point.

ZeP
03-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Hard to say without the character's level because the way things work now things like 1x MOC, 1x lore don't mean much... there are certain thresholds where a skill becomes more useful. People posting builds from level 0 won't give as much info as knowing your level at conversion would.

But to address what you posted, pallys have AS overkill so you might not be as behind in AS as you think.. but also TWC with perfect weapons and 1605 w/ summoning lore is nice.

Widgets
03-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Hard to say without the character's level because the way things work now things like 1x MOC, 1x lore don't mean much... there are certain thresholds where a skill becomes more useful. People posting builds from level 0 won't give as much info as knowing your level at conversion would.

But to address what you posted, pallys have AS overkill so you might not be as behind in AS as you think.. but also TWC with perfect weapons and 1605 w/ summoning lore is nice.

"My character is currently level 75. I have a OHB/shield in a locker somewhere and I do not have any THWs at my disposal. How about hurled weapons? I was thinking of a Paladin with a chain spear..."

ZeP
03-19-2009, 03:27 AM
Oh. Missed that one. I can't imagine a paladin of any race having AS issues at 75.

I would think its up to what weapon type the OP wants and/or already owns. 2x one hand / 1.3x to 2x shield is the cookie-cutter paladin and is probably best for a halfling if there is no special gear involved. If better gear is involved a polearm paladin is more versatile with a choice between one handed and two handed polearms.

At 75 you should be in full plate and fully trained for it, and if you can get those light halfling armors then that is a bonus.

Don't bother with dodge until there are more changes.

For CM I'd say feint, surge, then its personal choice. WSPEC if you'd like AS. Bullrush and shield bash will suffer size penalties making them worthless and if you go with poles I'd do some testing on charge. I really can't see a halfling charging but I can see Simu making halflings great chargers.

For MOC you want to pick a threshold and go with it, from psinet:

35 ranks 4 open swings, 60 ranks 5 open swings, 85 ranks 6 open swings | 30 ranks 2 focused swings, 55 ranks 3 focused swings, 80 ranks 4 focused swings

For lores, I like improving 1630. 50 ranks of summoning will give you 6 targets with 1630 and an extra +6 DF from 1605 (+7 DF if you go to 56 ranks). Religion lore adds 2% chance per rank to a base 35% chance for the target to kneel, so I'd pump the remaining lores into religion.

A halfling might also be interested in Blessings lore for more hit points and AS from 1611 and 1616 but I think the summoning and religion lores are better. The blessing lores come into play if you want double flares from your bonded weapon, but paladin double flares are not that awesome, imho. I'd prefer a fully bonded with some cool merchant flare.

Nitergen
03-25-2009, 08:41 PM
I am going to try my hand at converting tonight. A halfling paladin that will voln-fu. My only problem I keep running into is the armor penatly to MB. Would I have to stick to MBP to have a chance at being successful?