PDA

View Full Version : Can you still convert to a Paladin?

Nitergen
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I was wondering if there is still a possibility to switch this late. Just to throw this out there from a curiousity stand point. Has anyone switched and regretted it?

Durgrimst
03-12-2009, 12:34 PM
If you talk to Widgets, he recently converted a capped cleric to a paladin, and he seems to be enjoying himself.

Sylvan Dreams
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
If you switch and don't like it, you can switch back. I think there's a grace period in which it's free, but either way you can still pay for it to be done.

Edited to say: You can still convert if your character was a warrior or cleric and created in the appropriate timeframe. When you check in at the inn, you will see the option if it's available to you.

Nitergen
03-12-2009, 01:00 PM
1. View your stats
2. View your skills and spells
3. Adjust Skill Goals
4. Done
20. Convert to the Paladin profession.
86. Start again! (recreate your character)

Enter selection and press enter:

You are correct. Thanks for the tip. I am not positive if a Halfling Paladin would even be worthwhile. Guess I'll start reading up on it

Nitergen
03-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know if you get to change your stat placement around within the conversion?

Sylvan Dreams
03-12-2009, 01:31 PM
You do, and you also get to reset your skills.

TheLastShamurai
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
If you talk to Widgets, he recently converted a capped cleric to a paladin, and he seems to be enjoying himself.

Yeah, but if he didn't like the character it would be buyers remorse, not regret.

mgoddess
03-12-2009, 04:21 PM
FWIW, I converted my main from a warrior to a paladin when she got to 48, and I've enjoyed it very much... I'm quite glad, in fact, that I converted her, and I don't think I'd ever try switching her back, even if it was free.

Widgets
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM
When converting, you get a Free Stat Placement, And instant migration for the next 30 days, which is basically like an unlimited Fixskills.

However, when you convert, you can NOT convert back I believe. I've converted 2 characters to Paladin in this game, and never recalled seeing such an option.

As for not liking the Paladin Miko, I knew I would...As I played one ever since the release of the profession, when I rolled an HK Paladin from the start to get used to the profession, then converting an old warrior of mine into one.

As far as Cleric vs Paladin, it's really an iffy thing. I prefer melee tanks over more magical beings, so a Paladin suits me better. However, if you like to cast I'd say a Cleric is better.

I hunt with Naseer and he rapes Nelemar in guarded with his CS...And has a DS of like 800, so basically can never be touched. On the other hand, when I smash somethings head in with my AS and still have roughly 450 DS in Offensive, he gets a little jealous too :)

It's really a trade-off, and if you've never played a Paladin before, I suggest thinking about the above...And/or rolling a newbie Paladin to see how you enjoy it.

Halfling Paladins are actually quite good, they have a nice Agi/Dex for TWC and THW RT so that's handy, plus the TD Boost. You just won't have as much AS and Blood as others might.

TheLastShamurai
03-12-2009, 05:09 PM
They offered reverse conversions for money (like 400 or something), but they had a one-time set date if I remember correctly.

mgoddess
03-12-2009, 06:21 PM
They offered reverse conversions for money (like 400 or something), but they had a one-time set date if I remember correctly.
Yes. http://www.play.net/gs4/cservice/permarestoral_policy.asp

Nitergen
03-12-2009, 06:44 PM
That seems pretty steep on not being able to convert back. Now I am having second thoughts of even attempting :(

Sylvan Dreams
03-12-2009, 07:58 PM
A character restoration is $250.

Nitergen
03-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Thats a bit much for just text.

Gnomad
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
A character restoration is $250.

But you get a fixstats out of it. Has anyone sold a fixstat potion yet?

Fallen
03-12-2009, 11:49 PM
But you get a fixstats out of it. Has anyone sold a fixstat potion yet?

They typically sold for 40 million, or the acquivalent in the dollar to cash ratio. This was back when 40 million was worth 10+ per too.

Gnomad
03-13-2009, 12:05 AM
http://tv.winelibrary.com/episodes/burns2.gif