PDA

View Full Version : Unsure in training

Trinitis
02-11-2004, 04:12 PM
Ok, I made a rogue with a set RP, and how I want to play him. He is a dagger/knife expert (figured this would be a lot of fun combined with the Rgabit knife skills).

He does no picking what so ever, but is a thief.

Here is my current training set up :

(at level 3), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 20 4
Shield Use.........................| 20 4
Combat Maneuvers...................| 20 4
Edged Weapons......................| 40 8
Thrown Weapons.....................| 40 8
Ambush.............................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 40 8
Dodging............................| 40 8
Stalking and Hiding................| 58 12
Perception.........................| 20 4
Climbing...........................| 5 1
Swimming...........................| 5 1
Trading............................| 20 4
Pickpocketing......................| 40 8
Training Points: 3 Phy 68 Mnt

What I dono...is what to do with those extra points? I'm kinda trying not to convert any points..but I'm not really sure what to do with it all. Any ideas?

-Adredrin

Bobmuhthol
02-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Converting is actually a better idea now that you gain the full points back. I'd train more in combat maneuvers and apparently you don't want to be able to pick boxes. More shield training is good, too.

If you strictly want to do mental points, though... good luck.

CrystalTears
02-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Definitely double in CM so that you can get more combat maneuvers.

Trinitis
02-11-2004, 04:16 PM
I think the less shield training was more of an RP aspect of the training. He will never use anything bigger then a buckler..he is more shadowy/dodge the blows then blocking them.

CM is something to think about..but I'm not sure yet. The CM cost is pretty heafty when you hit 2x as a rogue.

Trinitis
02-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Heh, I just tried, I can't even 2x CM's with my current training plan.

-Adredrin

Parkbandit
02-11-2004, 04:20 PM
CM, Dodging, climbing, swimming... if you can convert.. especially CM.

Scrolls, MIU and spells if you don't (which is stupid.. so just convert them already!)

If Falgrin didn't train in lockpicking stuff, he would be 3x in hiding/dodging and 2x in CM.

Parkbandit
02-11-2004, 04:21 PM
What about 2 weapon combat or multi-opponent combat then?

Trinitis
02-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Well...I was 3x'ed in Dodge..I dropped it to 2x because the way my training was looking, I was going to run outta points before I turned 5 and not be able to keep up with the 3x.

The 2x CM's is a nice idea really, cause when hamstring and such comes out, its gonna be a blast..I guess I could drop the trading..he's not such a nice guy anyway..he would not be found bickering with a merchant. But I don't think thats going to free up enough TP for the skills.