PDA

View Full Version : Paladin guild.

Incurable
03-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm relatively new, and I have noticed warrior guilds, bard guilds, wizard guilds, and empath guilds. But I have yet to be able to find a Paladins guild.... Does such a place exist? If it doesn't, then how would we, as paladins as a whole, go about starting one?

On a side note, what crafts are available to Paladins, and are there ones more suited to us than others?

Moist Happenings
03-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Dunno about other skills, but Paladins receive a small bonus to forging. Here's the bonus/hinderance list from krakiipedia.

Human: NA
Halfling: NA
Giantman: NA
Dwarf: Crafting - bonus/Forging - small bonus
Elf: Crafting - bonus/Forging - small bonus
Half Elf: NA
Half Krolvin: not known (no one has said anything)
Sylvan: Crafting - handicap/Forging - small handicap
Dark Elf: Crafting - bonus/Forging - small bonus
Bard: Crafting - significant handicap
Cleric: Crafting - significant handicap
Empath: Crafting - significant handicap
Paladin: Crafting - small handicap/Forging - small bonus
Ranger: NA
Rogue: NA
Sorcerer: Crafting - significant handicap
Warrior: Crafting - small handicap/Forging - small bonus
Wizard: Crafting - significant handicapElf, Dwarf or Dark elf Paladin/Warriors receive the best bonuses to forging and crafting it would seem.

Edit: And no, there's no Paladin guild. If RP is what you're interested in from it, creating an MHO may be a solution. Otherwise, your best bet is just waiting on Simu, and making suggestions on the official forums.

Jace Solo
03-02-2009, 01:44 PM
We did that when paladin's first came out, a lot of us discussed it at length. It was consensus that since there were not skills associated with it (although gaining mediate with lvl 15 and guild entrance would be awesome) that we would never wanna all be in one place with our gods hating eachother...it'd be a war zone.

Maynot be the thought now, I would certainly like one.

TheLastShamurai
03-02-2009, 06:12 PM
We did that when paladin's first came out, a lot of us discussed it at length. It was consensus that since there were not skills associated with it (although gaining mediate with lvl 15 and guild entrance would be awesome) that we would never wanna all be in one place with our gods hating eachother...it'd be a war zone.

:club:

ViridianAsp
03-02-2009, 06:47 PM

Maynot be the thought now, I would certainly like one.

:rofl: You're serious? That's funny, because yanno...Clerics have a guild.

Widgets
03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
The original reason why Paladins do not have a guild, is at the time of the In-Game Open Forum about Paladins, Mestys stated that while a Guild will appear at some point in the future, currently there is no plans on creating one for Paladins.....Kinda like Rangers..

Incurable
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Ok, So it looks like Forging is going to be my best bet for now. I'll need to look into that then. Thank you for that information.

Ok so the warriors guild teaches warriors to disarm, bash, berserk, and other things. The clerics guild teaches... <Actually I have no clue, I have never played a cleric>

Along those same lines, what kinds of skills would actually be useful to us as Paladins?

just throw out some (Serious) thoughts.

Personally, I think since a Paladin is somewhat a mix between Warriors and Clerics, why not have a skill or so from each and then a few of our own?

ViridianAsp
03-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Clerics get Alchemy, alchemy is fucked up, takes too long and is by all accounts ridiculously tedious. Not to mention, serves very little benefit.

all pures get alchemy.

Semis don't get anything, save combat maneuvers you get some of those. And why would paladins NEED anything else?

You guys get to sanctify weapons, enough said.

TheLastShamurai
03-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Clerics get Alchemy, alchemy is fucked up, takes too long and is by all accounts ridiculously tedious. Not to mention, serves very little benefit.

all pures get alchemy.

Semis don't get anything, save combat maneuvers you get some of those. And why would paladins NEED anything else?

You guys get to sanctify weapons, enough said.

So because we don't need anything else means that our profession development should stop?

Fallen
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
So because we don't need anything else means that our profession development should stop?

Indeed. It should NOT be too much to ask that all professions have continued development even if they are "finished", which Paladins certainly are not. They still require a 50th level spell, as well as Divine Vengeance tweaks.

ViridianAsp
03-04-2009, 12:27 PM

No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is why the hell would you guys want a guild, when the GS can't even f'ing finish all the guilds they've already tried to start. You'll get yours, you know...ten years from now.

Fallen
03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is why the hell would you guys want a guild, when the GS can't even f'ing finish all the guilds they've already tried to start. You'll get yours, you know...ten years from now.

Clerics should be the LAST fuckers to be complaining about DEV support, especially for their guild.

ViridianAsp
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Clerics should be the LAST fuckers to be complaining about DEV support, especially for their guild.

I'm not complaining, they've done a great job. You know, save for the alchemy.

Fallen
03-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not complaining, they've done a great job. You know, save for the alchemy.

Alchemy is universally shitty. Orisons should be boss, though.

ViridianAsp
03-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Alchemy is universally shitty. Orisons should be boss, though.

I'm hoping so.

Incurable
03-04-2009, 01:43 PM
I was thinking of an interesting skill possibility the other night. I was with a rather squishy Wizard fighting some undead, when he was knocked down and dispatched quickly. It was then that it occurred to me that even though we have some spells that help group members defend better, that still doesn't make them any less squishy. And, as I was standing there over his corpse ,I thought; "well wouldn't it be nice if we had a skill that would allow us to immediately take the hits directed at a comrade in trouble". Kind of like us being a body shield. The idea at least has merit for how Paladins have been portrayed as defenders of the week and such.

What do you think?

Anyone else have any ideas that would fit with being a Paladin?

aesir
03-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Thats more of a warrior skill and indeed warriors do have something like that, called "guard"