PDA

View Full Version : Ranged/Thrown hybrid.

Cap'nDrak
02-24-2009, 12:32 PM
So after a pot of coffee and a rather unproductive morning at work, I began thinking about a ranged/thrown hybrid weapon that might spice up the mix of current ranged and thrown weapons.

Blowdart guns.

I haven't solidified anything as far as numbers and mechanics for this idea, but roughly stated:

The blowdart gun is held in the left hand just like a bow. Provides DS just like a bow. Hence the ranged portion of the training. Then, you would be able to load fletched darts, or bullets to fire.

Then here is the other intresting aspect. Loading LFM components to fire. Like needle traps, or say e-wave spheres. The bigger picture would be, being able to fire said objects from hiding. The spheres, would loose the e-wave function, but be a flaring round, with an increased AVD. Maybe also, they could have an immolation effect or some such.

Just a rough idea here. Feel free to leave constructive, or non-constructive ideas, and what have you...

Also think about: special ammo bags that work to the effect of warrior made sheaths, that only work for specified ammo, to help reduce the weight.

The Ponzzz
02-24-2009, 01:40 PM
We've asked for the blowdart as a hybrid for awhile. The LFM components thing though is interesting. For the most part, we've always said that darts should be the ammo. Be a nice weapon though.

Cap'nDrak
02-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Well I lose at the blowdart originality. Though, I'm pretty certain I've seen that brought up a couple times, and just unintentionally dredged it back up. This was mostly a case of wishful thinking on my part. All things considered.... I just really wish thrown didn't suck as a stand alone skill. That is unless you own crazy items of intense value, that I as an average player will never see in my possession.

The LFM part though, did cause a slight grin on my face thinking about shooting a dark crystal at a critter from hiding and watching it disappear into nothing.

Anywho, enough from me.

Widgets
02-25-2009, 01:08 AM
If Trali can blowgun our asses, why can't we do it back!