PDA

View Full Version : The Bardfest controversy

Ilvane
07-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Sooo...have you all heard about the controversy at this years Aspis Bardfest?

There are a plethora of posts discussing what happened over on the official boards.

Lets just say there was quite a bit of out of character things going on in the performances. That in itself to me is sad.

It's too bad that there is such a controversy though, I really like Juspera..:)

-A

Scott
07-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Ehh, care to elaborate? I haven't heard anything and was wondering what happened. I just don't feel like looking through to bard folder on the official boards. I'm too lazy.

Makkah
07-16-2003, 10:40 PM
Eh. Who the hell cares? Like i said in a post on the real boards, I wish they would just cancel the so-called "Bardfest".

rht

Ilvane
07-16-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm usually very pro Aspis and a fan of the GM's etc..so it's hard for me to really say stuff that is negative about them. But this is what I have heard:

Bevan stripped down to his skivvies..:snicker: He also used a bunch of Ice references in his song.

Then Bardon showed up, and was vastly out of character. :grin: As my friend who was there said.."Aemergin wasted our time." I also heard Bardon made a comment about banning people. But I didn't catch why.

The gist of things with the judging is that some say it was rigged for certain people to win. Some were saying that certain people were family of judges, that some had substandard pieces and were higher than they should have been in placement. Some people were saying on the boards that the only reason people were upset was because they are jealous..it's quite fascinating.

My friend had certain opinions on who he thought should have won, and it certainly wasn't anyone in the top.

Coricopat, a new bard was a stunning success, which is something positive.:) And of course Ylena was stunning as usual.

I'm getting a lot of different interpretations of what happened, and since I missed most of it myself, I am going on what I was told.

-A

P.S. If anyone cares to elaborate and was there--please do, since I wasn't there, it's hard for me to judge on that night, but there is a pretty big concensus on the official boards.

[Edited on 7-17-2003 by Ilvane]

Soulpieced
07-16-2003, 11:19 PM
This is what happens when Soulpieced stops posting on the boards. People get whiney and upset over stupid things and lose perspective. I really should get back to finding more things about the profession to ruin.

Bevan
07-20-2003, 02:37 AM
And some people just have too much time on their hands.

Ilvane
07-20-2003, 03:47 AM
Ooh hi Bevan! ;)

So what happened, and what is the big deal everyone was complaining about? I mean, you at least can tell us what is going on. :smooch: As I posted on the boards, you are usually so good..why the ICE references? I just am curious, since you could really have blown most people away without them, why use them?

I don't really think that they would judge things unfairly, so that's not what I'm wondering about.

And sure, I have too much time on my hands. I had more IM's and e-mails on this interesting Bardfest than anything in a while.;)

-A

[Edited on 7-20-2003 by Ilvane]

Back
07-20-2003, 03:52 AM
Coricopat is an old bard actually. I'm not her, I just knew her. And what do you expect? Bard=Drama!

Bevan
07-22-2003, 04:58 AM
Well ... I answered exhaustively on the main forums, I confess. Don't have anything in particular to add ... (smiles)

Makkah
07-22-2003, 09:02 AM
<<Bevan stripped down to his skivvies..:snicker: He also used a bunch of Ice references in his song. >>

Retarded.

rht

GSBardess
07-24-2003, 09:22 AM
>>Coricopat, a new bard was a stunning success, which is something positive.<<

Thank you so much for the compliment! As someone pointed out though, I'm not a "new" bard. I have been around for several years, however I took about 4 years off and just returned a few months ago. This was my first ever Bardfest though. Aside from a handful of weddings I did before I left and some impromptu things for friends, I'd never really done any major performing. It meant a lot to me to receive the "Best New Performer" award. Not to mention that the harp is my favorite instrument so it was really perfect.

The real Coricopat...

Ilvane
07-24-2003, 09:26 AM
I think it was your Best New Performer award that threw me. :) Congrats!

I'm still not brave enough to sing my songs in competition. My two bards, one of them is going to do Bardfest someday.

Anyway..good job! I'm sorry for the mistake. I have to get out of Mule more often!

-A

GSBardess
07-24-2003, 09:33 AM
No worries! It's not like I've ever been famous or anything like that. :) Besides, my home has always been River's Rest and I don't get to Icemule very often.

Cori and co.

TjMaelstrom
07-24-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
I have to get out of Mule more often!

No, you don't! I barely catch you as it is! You need to stick around so I can bother you. :spin: