PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Bonding

Geertt2
02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
I got all the necessary paladin spell ranks for rank 5 and I just recently bonded to another weapon. Anyone know how long it takes to go from "untested" from the newly bonded weapon to "full" status?

Widgets
02-23-2009, 03:48 PM
It can vary depending on how much you hunt.

It took me roughly 4-5 days of solid hunting to Fully Bond.

For others who rarely hunt, it could take weeks.

Geertt2
02-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Ah I see. Thanks dude.

JohnDoe
07-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Is there anything special you need to do, other than generate EXP through hunting and killing things, to complete rank 5 bonding? Seems like I rifled through ranks 1-4 fairly quickly, but rank 5 seems to be taking quite some time. I might just be impatient...

Sylvan Dreams
07-20-2010, 09:12 PM
You just have to get experience through hunting with the sword in hand. You don't have to make the actual killing strikes.

I remember this because someone else killed a creature I had damaged and I immediately got the message letting me know I ranked up in bonding.

JohnDoe
07-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Remember what the messaging is when you rank up in bonding? Very eager to gain this final rank and become fully bonded.

WRoss
07-20-2010, 09:55 PM
I know that killing stuff doesn't hurt. I bonded to rank 5 by just killing 3 camps straight through.

Sylvan Dreams
07-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Remember what the messaging is when you rank up in bonding? Very eager to gain this final rank and become fully bonded.

It's something like:

You feel your spiritual bond with your (weapon) strengthen.

or

You feel your spiritual bond with your (weapon) grow stronger.

"Spiritual bond" is definitely in there though - I'd suggest you highlight that.

Gaining experience with the weapon, regardless of kill shots, is how it works. I just know that kill shots, if they count at all, aren't required.

lordsmo
07-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't even remember any messaging, but I guess I could easily have missed it. Just type INFO and if your STR and WIS are higher, you've got the next rank. As I recall, each rank took more killing than the previous one. The last rank took me about 50k exp or so I believe, although some of that exp was generated through bounties rather than killing.