PDA

View Full Version : Lost e-bow

Elvenlady
02-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I lost a distinctive e-bow (an ivy-carved black oak longbow with a show) because of the damn itchy curse out in the Vesperti area earlier today. I'm pretty sure it was simply janitored but if anyone happened to pick it up, I would be ever so grateful for its return and will gladly recompense with a generous reward.

In the meantime, I'm waiting on a referral to find out its fate.

:cry:

Fallen
02-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I wish you the best luck in the world.

Drew
02-22-2009, 04:40 PM
THAT SUCKS! I hope you get it replaced, if that happened to me I'd probably quit.

BriarFox
02-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I lost a distinctive e-bow (an ivy-carved black oak longbow with a show) because of the damn itchy curse out in the Vesperti area earlier today. I'm pretty sure it was simply janitored but if anyone happened to pick it up, I would be ever so grateful for its return and will gladly recompense with a generous reward.

In the meantime, I'm waiting on a referral to find out its fate.

:cry:

Incredibly crappy. Wasn't that one of the poison ones?

mrjrd222
02-22-2009, 05:02 PM
If it was registered, it shouldn't be able to be janitored?

kookiegod
02-22-2009, 05:14 PM
If it was registered, it shouldn't be able to be janitored?

Untrue.

~Paul

GSKynthelig
02-22-2009, 05:18 PM
I really do hope it is found and/or you get it returned.

Widgets
02-22-2009, 05:20 PM
This sucks, and hopefully you find it.

But to me, I would never hunt in an area where I have a chance of losing an e-bow...I mean, I had 5 ranks in disarm hunting with mine in Nelemar and was still iffy about it.

I managed to get it Disarmed once, and luckily someone was around to kill the beast that took it. Ever since that, I learned to keep a spare handy in case something like that would happen.

As for the itching, it is still possible to quickly retrieve something while itching in between RT. Best to spam GET BOW then WEAR BOW in a case like that. If a critter picked it up, well..Thats where the spare bow comes in handy heh.

Good luck to ya!

Methais
02-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Hope you haven't used your one time resoration yet, cause you'll most likely need it :(

nub
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
THAT SUCKS! I hope you get it replaced, if that happened to me I'd probably quit.

I wouldn't just probably quit, I would quit.

I'd quit over less actually.

I'm a quitter.

The Ponzzz
02-22-2009, 06:45 PM
This lesson is easily learned in Platinum with droppage.

Good luck, though. Hate to hear about high end equipment being lost like that.

onurb
02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
I lost a distinctive e-bow (an ivy-carved black oak longbow with a show) because of the damn itchy curse out in the Vesperti area earlier today.

Very sorry to hear that. I lost some 10x masterful crit doubles once (some black silver threaded leathers), anyone remember those from a long time ago? Anyways, I got arrested while AFK and resting. Came back, and my box was already gone since the 30 minutes had passed. Since then they changed the whole justice system around.

Can you elaborate how you lost it? I know you were cursed and the itchyness made ya drop it. Were you not able to pick it up? What happened after it was dropped?

Kitsun
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Incredibly crappy. Wasn't that one of the poison ones?

Yeah, that is one of the five poison bows.

kookiegod
02-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Three poison bows...

~Paul

Kitsun
02-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Three at EG05 that belong to Shannivar(on loan), Amber and myself. Two more were released at Prem fest 07 to Tsin and ElvenLady.

aesir
02-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Wowsers, whats the going rate on one of those?

Next time be a ...

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/images/ezine/ShaolinMonk.jpg

But seriously that sucks. I would get a GM referral, they usually replace things quick and I remember getting two things replaced before so I think it's dependent on who you get as a GM... unless they are REALLY strict now.

Elvenlady
02-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes. I've spoken to a GH who doesn't seem very hopeful but has referred me to a GM to look into it.

I foolishly didn't think it would be an issue hunting with it in the Ruined Temple as I'd done so for quite some time. The itchy curse is an occasional pain but I'd been lucky in the past to simply be able to pick up the bow again and continue on my merry way. The vesperti never picked it up once I was disarmed so I assumed, perhaps wrongly, there was minimal risk of loss.

Unfortunately, in this instance, I was also feared at the exact time I dropped the bow, bolted west, itched for a few more seconds, headed back east only to find the bow gone. The critter that had cursed me and feared me did not have it.

I searched the room to no avail, walked around to see if anyone else had been hunting in the area but there was no one around nor did the only other critter I came across have it. I've never encountered anyone else in my past hunts out there (it doesn't seem to be a popular hunting spot for some reason) hence my suspicion it was simply janitored in the few seconds I was out of the room.

I could almost come to terms with the fact that someone else now has possession of the bow, at least then it's still in circulation but to think it's lost to game mechanics saddens me. It was one of Khaladon's last poison ebows and much loved so I'm hoping for the possibility of a one time only replacement. I'm 99% sure it was registered, even if it was in its pre-alter state.

diethx
02-23-2009, 03:41 AM
It's an e-bow and you aren't 100% sure you registered it?!?!?!?!

Sucky situation though, I hope you can get it back (if at least via your one time restoral.)

Asha
02-23-2009, 05:34 AM
I told you to give it to me.
When you get it back.. do it.

At least you'll know it's in circulation lol.

Aaysia
02-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Eesh I'd be in such a state if I were you. Hope you get it back.

aesir
02-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Don't worry you'll get it back. The company Simu who makes Gemstone needs to realize we're people paying 30-50 bucks for this text based game which is completely bonkers in Multi-billion dollar MMO land. They need to take care of their gold-plated customers and losing an item due to stupid in-game mechanics that should have been FIXED a long time ago is definetly part of that deal.

StrayRogue
02-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Don't worry you'll get it back. The company Simu who makes Gemstone needs to realize we're people paying 30-50 bucks for this text based game which is completely bonkers in Multi-billion dollar MMO land. They need to take care of their gold-plated customers and losing an item due to stupid in-game mechanics that should have been FIXED a long time ago is definetly part of that deal.

Why should it be fixed if it is not broken and an intentional game mechanic?

aesir
02-23-2009, 08:26 AM
So the company is trying to takeaway all your best weapons that you use to enjoy the game with? That doesn't make a lick of sense. Why would they do that?

StrayRogue
02-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Yes, they are. Most of the new hunting grounds seem to have a mechanics whereby you can lose your stuff. High end especially. I can think of a number of reasons:

1) Risk. Gemstone IV is rediculously easy. Even when you die you don't lose much. It's more a hassle than anything. Adding disarm/curse mechanics spices things up. Most people would sooner die than lose their weapon and so adds an element of danger to hunting.

2) Balance. In days long gone it was incredibly difficult to balance the game because some people would have basic 4x stuff whilst others would have numerous self-manas, spellups and 10x weaponry. Spellburst, self-cast only and disarm mechanics levels the playing field, and makes it easier for developers to create new monsters and content.

Lucos
02-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Why should it be fixed if it is not broken and an intentional game mechanic?

That's just stupid. The mechanics to disarm/curse/steal weapons is fine. The janitor mechanics that sweep up trash taking player registered or owned weapons is the mechanic that is broken.

StrayRogue
02-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Then there is no risk if you are guaranteed to get the weapon back. Which makes it a pointless mechanic.

Drew
02-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Then there is no risk if you are guaranteed to get the weapon back. Which makes it a pointless mechanic.

It's not that there would be no risk, a critter could pick it up, a player could etc, especially if you are killed and then have to come back looking for it.

Also, why anyone would take a weapon to a place that itchy cursed is beyond me.

Nilandia
02-23-2009, 10:06 AM
You really need to stop posting, Drew. I keep losing time by staring at Michael Phelps going super saiyan. :D

Gretchen

kookiegod
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Three at EG05 that belong to Shannivar(on loan), Amber and myself. Two more were released at Prem fest 07 to Tsin and ElvenLady.

I stand corrected, I forgot about that.

~Paul

Danical
02-23-2009, 02:14 PM
omfg that sucks :(

waywardgs
02-23-2009, 02:25 PM
I think more to the point, it's just a shame to see a weapon like this, specially coded by a talented and since-retired GM, lost to something as arbitrary as a few seconds on the ground. This item took some effort to create, some real ingenuity. To lose it to the stupid janitor after that amount of time... Well, that just sucks.

Some Rogue
02-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Get the right GM, you will get it back. I lost a coraesine weapon that a critter picked up and threw to the next room. It was lost to the janitor and it was replaced.

DCSL
02-23-2009, 02:49 PM
You really need to stop posting, Drew. I keep losing time by staring at Michael Phelps going super saiyan. :D

Gretchen

I keep wondering why Phelps is Vejita.

diethx
02-23-2009, 02:55 PM

Gretchen

:yeahthat: EXCEPT...

...don't stop posting. I like losing time laughing at that shit over and over.

Methais
02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Get the right GM, you will get it back. What this means is that if Emeradan shows up, pretend you're afk until he goes away.

Fixed.

thefarmer
02-23-2009, 04:12 PM

Gretchen

I so read that as "Micheal Phelps going super ASIAN"...

Also, I hope you get your bow back, one way or another.

Asha
02-23-2009, 05:38 PM
How much would that bow fetch in RL btw?

BriarFox
02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
How much would that bow fetch in RL btw?

Probably $800-1000.

Asha
02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
If a GM can tell the item has been Janitored forever then I think an item of that quality and worth should be re-available to the player through some small charged replacement fee.
Still some risk then (depending on the amount of charge) and items don't poof.

Btw 800 - 1000 explains her FB status today :(
Bad luck.

nub
02-23-2009, 06:15 PM

Gretchen

I saved it to my comp to send to people when they make me happy.

onurb
02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I hate the janitor.

I hate even more how the janitor currently works.

A weapon of that magnitude should be exempt from the janitor system.

It makes players mad. Mad players don't stick around.

When people don't stick around, the game becomes what it is today.

A downward spiral.

nub
02-23-2009, 06:46 PM
I hate the janitor.

I hate even more how the janitor currently works.

A weapon of that magnitude should be exempt from the janitor system.

It makes players mad. Mad players don't stick around.

When people don't stick around, the game becomes what it is today.

A downward spiral.

Exactly, my best bud stopped playing because he lost his 10x shield. =/

aesir
02-23-2009, 07:29 PM
So did she get it back or what?

Elvenlady
02-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Btw 800 - 1000 explains her FB status today :(
Bad luck.

That on top of other crap. Just not in a good place right now.

And no, I've not got it back (yet). I'm STILL waiting on the GM referral.

Danical
02-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Who's the GM you've been referred to?

Do you know, or is it the next GM that logs on when you do?

Asha
02-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Jesus. Didn't you have to wait forever on a GM referral to get the fucking thing in the first place?

A bit shit really.
Sorry you feel crappy too, T. <3 xx

Elvenlady
02-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Who's the GM you've been referred to?

Do you know, or is it the next GM that logs on when you do?

No one in particular as far as I know, just the next GM that logs on when I'm around and is interested I guess. I noticed one on yesterday but they didn't seem to want to come and see me. I think the main factor in the delay will be my time zone and limited amount of play time since I'm not online in the evening EST when most GMs are around. Hey ho.

I'm just hoping that which ever one I do finally get will be in a good mood. Sad that that is basically what it will come do at the end of the day: a russian roulette of GM goodwill.

And yes, I did have to wait almost 3 weeks to receive it but it was SO worth it!

P.S. Thanks for the love D, I'll get over it :wink:

Elvenlady
02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Guess who is the happiest PC in the game at this particular moment in time?

You are holding an ivy-carved black oak longbow in your right hand.

GM Izzea came through for me. :love:

Danical
02-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Gold.

BriarFox
02-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Totally awesome.

NocturnalRob
02-24-2009, 03:49 PM
whew. glad to hear it. make sure to hold on to it n' stuff.

Androidpk
02-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Glad to hear you got it back.

diethx
02-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Congrats!

Methais
02-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Now go register it.

Fallen
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Congrats.

Elvenlady
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
It was and is again :wink:

And thank you all for the support.

NocturnalRob
02-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Now go register it.
:yeahthat:

diethx
02-24-2009, 04:03 PM
So did you have to use your one-time restoral for it?

Elvenlady
02-24-2009, 04:07 PM
So did you have to use your one-time restoral for it?

Yes. And she did it without any grief or lectures. Simply came in, pulled it out of her hat (literally) and handed it over. At least there's one GM out there who has some sensitivity and professionalism.

Izzea says, "Obviously this is on the understanding that if you lose your vorpal sword of awesomeness tomorrow."

Izzea says, "Its unlikely we'll return it if it was lost to normal game mechs."

You say, "Who needs a vorpal sword anyway."

You wave your hand in a dismissive gesture.

diethx
02-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Hehe yeah, Izzea is awesome. She helped me out a ton when I had shop issues.

Sharnath
02-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Lost my shield to the same curse but was lucky enough to have a GM return it much the same way you got your bow back. Congratulations.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Widgets
02-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Lost my shield to the same curse but was lucky enough to have a GM return it much the same way you got your bow back. Congratulations.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

I lost my virginity out there...Still waiting on my GM Referral to get it back.

Cephalopod
02-24-2009, 04:27 PM

Doesn't count if you bought it.

The Ponzzz
02-24-2009, 04:27 PM

I think that shit is all beat up somewhere in Taiwan.

And yes, Izzea rocks faces.

LadyLaphrael
02-24-2009, 04:38 PM

The real question is, did you lose it to the itchy curse? That'll teach you to use protection.

Widgets
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
The real question is, did you lose it to the itchy curse? That'll teach you to use protection.

I knew I smelled something fishy.

Androidpk
02-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Izzea says, "Obviously this is on the understanding that if you lose your vorpal sword of awesomeness tomorrow."

Izzea says, "Its unlikely we'll return it if it was lost to normal game mechs."

I could have sworn I had the only vorpal sword of awesomeness in the game.

Durgrimst
02-24-2009, 11:29 PM
This is my sob story...

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=30482

Asha
02-25-2009, 06:13 AM
And yes, Izzea rocks faces.

Izzea shatters faces! <3 Izzea

StrayRogue
02-25-2009, 07:24 AM
I'll put money on Izzea not knowing what a vorpal sword really is...

Glad you got it back anyway.

Elvenlady
02-25-2009, 09:49 AM
I could have sworn I had the only vorpal sword of awesomeness in the game.

Then the moral of this story is (a) register it, (ii) don't lose it to the itchy curse and (3) if you do, pray you get Izzea's shoulder to cry on!

Hips
02-25-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm so happy you got it back! Just another reason Izzea is le win. :heart: