PDA

View Full Version : GSGuide.net -- How does it look!

The Ponzzz
02-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Just would like some input on the site. I bad slowly wracking my mind trying to put the site together. Never worked with a MediaWiki before, outside editing pages here and there. I understand there isn't a whole lot of content, but that is partially why I moved to the wiki format, so others can add to it easily.

Anyways, the link is http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

GSGuide.net works as well, will just redirect to the above link.

Widgets
02-22-2009, 04:00 AM
Just would like some input on the site. I bad slowly wracking my mind trying to put the site together. Never worked with a MediaWiki before, outside editing pages here and there. I understand there isn't a whole lot of content, but that is partially why I moved to the wiki format, so others can add to it easily.

Anyways, the link is http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

GSGuide.net works as well, will just redirect to the above link.

I actually saw it a few days ago when I visited it, it looks good Mario

diethx
02-22-2009, 04:20 AM
Where's the "I couldn't care less" option? :(

The Ponzzz
02-22-2009, 04:28 AM
Where's the "I couldn't care less" option? :(

:(

diethx
02-22-2009, 04:30 AM
Hehehe. :heart:

Swami71
02-22-2009, 05:32 AM
How is this going to be different than krakiipedia? Good work though. Could be better if more people are able to update it easier. I know vulvamancer wanted to update krakiipedia but was a pain to do it.

The Ponzzz
02-22-2009, 05:48 AM
The site isn't intended to compete with the KP and is more geared towards Platinum and that community, however, it will continue to have guides, scripts and misc stuff that you see there now.

I figured this was better than just having a website where only I put content on.

The one thing I'm curious about is the Profiles. I know I've had a few people say I should do it for Prime, but I don't know if it would be any buzz for it there. If you look, we have 38 profiles for Platinum up right now, and I consider that very buzzworthy for Platinum. The profiles come in handy though.

Durgrimst
02-22-2009, 05:57 AM
I think it would be neat to do profiles for Prime, I really don't know who most people on here play, maybe only 10-15 people.

Mathari
02-22-2009, 11:42 AM
New or Updated Platinum Profiles

Anatae, Bromyr, Bylten, Cygna, Dhask, Faelln, Jaired, Laeto, Mazel, Myriamie, Raevel, Taeghan and Valmos.
LOL

http://www.foroswebgratis.com/imagenes_foros/6/0/9/2/3/562424ermoso%20JARED%20LETO.jpg
Jared Leto, Level 100 Emo Sorcerer

diethx
02-22-2009, 03:41 PM
LOL

http://www.foroswebgratis.com/imagenes_foros/6/0/9/2/3/562424ermoso%20JARED%20LETO.jpg
Jared Leto, Level 100 Emo Sorcerer

Dude I so fucking saw that and LOL'd too. Awesome.

Drew
02-22-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Jaired%27s_Rogue_Guide

LOL

Drew
02-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Hey Ponzz, why not dump KP into gsguides just for shits and giggles? That'll give us a backup of the KP info at the least.

Widgets
02-22-2009, 05:46 PM
The site isn't intended to compete with the KP and is more geared towards Platinum and that community, however, it will continue to have guides, scripts and misc stuff that you see there now.

I figured this was better than just having a website where only I put content on.

The one thing I'm curious about is the Profiles. I know I've had a few people say I should do it for Prime, but I don't know if it would be any buzz for it there. If you look, we have 38 profiles for Platinum up right now, and I consider that very buzzworthy for Platinum. The profiles come in handy though.

I wouldn't mind seeing profiles up for Prime as well, I like JD's profile as well...The whole Items for Trade thing.

Kind of another outlet for advertising stuff you may want to trade, along with your character and where he comes from.

But then again, that may ruin more fun for adventure in this game, what's left of it anyhow.

Too many OOCish things, tend to make the actual game itself boring and practically anti-social. Nothing in it is secret without going to some outside source for information, I think that's partially as to why this game has been flat lining.

The Ponzzz
02-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Hey Ponzz, why not dump KP into gsguides just for shits and giggles? That'll give us a backup of the KP info at the least.

I won't do it, but people are free to add the info they put up on the KP onto GSGuide.net.

I wouldn't mind seeing profiles up for Prime as well, I like JD's profile as well...The whole Items for Trade thing.

Kind of another outlet for advertising stuff you may want to trade, along with your character and where he comes from.

But then again, that may ruin more fun for adventure in this game, what's left of it anyhow.

Too many OOCish things, tend to make the actual game itself boring and practically anti-social. Nothing in it is secret without going to some outside source for information, I think that's partially as to why this game has been flat lining.

It really depends on how people plan on using it. Personally, I feel Platinum tends to be more mature and tend to keep things very IC with it and it has proven to be very useful for quite a few people.

It gives people something to do and somewhere to publish their character's story that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This can help define characters or make things more understood that are subtle to others.

I'll go ahead and add a Prime section to the site and see how it goes. Prolly do it tomorrow after work though. If it doesn't get too much activity, then I'll take it down or just toss it in the misc area.

Widgets
02-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I won't do it, but people are free to add the info they put up on the KP onto GSGuide.net.

It really depends on how people plan on using it. Personally, I feel Platinum tends to be more mature and tend to keep things very IC with it and it has proven to be very useful for quite a few people.

It gives people something to do and somewhere to publish their character's story that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This can help define characters or make things more understood that are subtle to others.

I'll go ahead and add a Prime section to the site and see how it goes. Prolly do it tomorrow after work though. If it doesn't get too much activity, then I'll take it down or just toss it in the misc area.

If anything, is it possible to somehow have Mod Approval for Profiles submitted?

If so, it would cut down the immaturity level a shit ton since appointed people could easily disapprove profiles not quite Gemstone related heh.

If not, you bring up a point

The Ponzzz
02-22-2009, 07:34 PM
I check the site daily, and if I see something in bad taste, I can change it.

Widgets
02-22-2009, 07:35 PM
I check the site daily, and if I see something in bad taste, I can change it.

Yea but that would require you checking every profile if it occured.

What about a Report function?

Could you report that X Profile or Y Item is bad and needs removal? Then upon you coming in, you have a database of reports to go off of?

Stretch
02-22-2009, 07:54 PM
15 people play Plat?

The Ponzzz
02-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Yea but that would require you checking every profile if it occured.

What about a Report function?

Could you report that X Profile or Y Item is bad and needs removal? Then upon you coming in, you have a database of reports to go off of?

Yeah, it's not too hard. It might get hard if it were really successful. But I guess we'll worry about that if it happens.

15 people play Plat?

Shocking, I know! But I'd guess there are over 200 accounts.

Kitsun
02-23-2009, 11:32 AM
It has my stamp of approval! My sand elemental guide is up there! I was just storing the damn thing here on the PC.

The Ponzzz
02-23-2009, 12:51 PM
I added a Prime section for Profiles, Storylines and MHOs. So go add whatever you'd like.

LadySaishan
02-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Ooo I need to check it out

The Ponzzz
02-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Site seems to be getting a lot of unique hits and buzz. So thinking it is looking good.

Trying to decide if I want to make some other skins now.

The Ponzzz
02-27-2009, 09:40 PM
I added two new skins. You can find them if you sign up and go into your preferences. The skins are Blue and Black. I think they look pretty sweet. Going to still do a little toggling, but for the most part they are fully functional.

Hips
03-05-2009, 09:49 PM
http://gsguide.net/index.php?title=Dhask

Nice picture, Mario!

The Ponzzz
03-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I was haxed. My laptop shit the bed today and it took me all day to get the old desktop up and running.

4a6c1
06-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Great website.

I voted looks good but I'd like to see....more profiles!

I'm nosy. I like to know what everybody else in Elanthia is doing. :)

Ryvicke
06-03-2009, 10:52 AM
I didn't see any damn picture!

My question: GSGuide.net has a bit more information on GoS--which is great, I've been checking it recently for some things, BUT: I remember before it went ot Mediawiki it had a few links/scripts (I think they were rated with goblin heads or something?) that I constantly look for again. Is there any page on the new mediawiki that has the same info just like it was?

Also--a few months back I was totally getting IMs to stick a profile for Prime up on there, the profiles are a good angle to separate yourself from KP. I'd probably not try and redo all of the creature data on GSG because so much of it is all on KP.

Although "The Hunting Guide" is a great idea.