PDA

View Full Version : Before My Head Explodes...

MossyBoi
02-09-2004, 10:47 PM
what do I need to know to reallocate an old character I'd like to bring back from the dead?

I don't know how to use scripts.. FYI.

Do I get more than one chance if I blow it? Can you blow it? If my old character is in his 60's how long would it take?

Latrinsorm
02-09-2004, 11:36 PM
You (should) get this thing called a "fixskills" when you're actually in the game. If you totally botch up your char's training, you can instantaneously change all your skills to where you want them while operating within TP restraints, naturally. If you botch that up too, you'll get another one in May, so try to get at least one of 'em right. :D

Go check out Tsoran's webpage for good things. The instructions are (probably) pretty clear.

Jonty
02-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Since you said you've just came back... DON'T use the FIXSKILLS verb. You have a month of fast migration time. And even after that, you coudl save the one time FIXSKILLS option and use reallocation 5 times.

MossyBoi
02-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks Latrinsorm....

Now Jonty.... huh? :)

I have a month to do fast migration, but I don't know what that entails.

Then, after that, after the month, I would have two chances to do something called "fixskills?" Is that correct?

And then, you're saying I can reallocate 5 times.....

but now I'm wondering what the difference is between that and "fast migration."

This thread was supposed to KEEP my head from exploding. :lol:

Jonty
02-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by MossyBoi
I have a month to do fast migration, but I don't know what that entails.

When you check into the inn, and chose option 3, you can change your skills. For one month you can use this option to totally change your training plan in minutes. After the month is up, you will have to wait a VERY long time to change your skills. Also, you use this option to train in new skills, which of course is instant.

You could also, type GOAL in game to make tweaks in your training, or inter-level training.

Then, after that, after the month, I would have two chances to do something called "fixskills?" Is that correct?

You have the option to use FIXSKILLS right now, but that would make no sense since your migraton time is fast for a month. After the month is up, I still wouldn't recommened using your FIXSKILLS option. I would use up your 5 reallocations up instead beforehand.

And then, you're saying I can reallocate 5 times.....

Yes, I believe you have 4 weeks to use them after you use the first one.

but now I'm wondering what the difference is between that and "fast migration."

Reallocation is the old system to re-train your skills. I doesn't take into account the new way TPs are calculated. So, I would recommend reallocating every level without training, then using the migrator you allocate your skills.

Here's what you do if you need to use reallocation:

1. Use the old reallocator to assign your stats keeping in mind the +10 bonuses to your prime stats.

2. If you have many levels to reallocate, use a script to train each level without training in any skills. This is very easy to do; I even posted a script to do it in another folder.

3. Use the skill migrator to fill in the ranks for each skill that the spread sheet says you can have.

DONE!

Here's the script to train in any given numbr of trains through the reallocator without training in any skills. You run it after you enter in your stats and confirm those stats. You should see the skills list at that point.

counter set %1
goto done

labelError:
put 5
wait
put c
wait

done:
put d
wait
put y
wait
counter subtract
goto %c

-1:
Use that script after you assign your stats. You'll need to input a variable when you run it.

Example if you're 82 trains, usage would be:

.reallo 82

Simple, it'll get you through your trainings easily.

P.S. Be sure to save the script as a CMD file, if you want to use it.

MossyBoi
02-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Okay Jonty, I'm saving all this information so that when I reactivate my old account I'll give it a whirl.

Right now I'm on that free 30 day thing. Didn't even have to give a credit card.

Thank Jonty!

Jonty
02-10-2004, 12:14 AM
You're welcome. Tsoran's training spread sheet if very help full if you don't have it already. Aslo, this iste is usefull.

http://home.mchsi.com/~cphillips73/StatCruncher/StatCruncher.html

MossyBoi
02-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Yes, I saw that, which was when my head started feeling that peculiar sensation...

Soulpieced
02-10-2004, 12:22 AM
There is no reason at all to ever reallocate. Do your stats with option 10. And use the skill migrator (option 3) to change your skills. Do not waste time reallocating.

Tsoran
02-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
There is no reason at all to ever reallocate. Do your stats with option 10. And use the skill migrator (option 3) to change your skills. Do not waste time reallocating.

Actually, there *may* be a reason to use reallocation still.

If your character is beyond his 30 fast migration period, I *think* you can still use the reallocation system to reset all your skills to 0, then train to your current level without training in any skills. This can be done very quickly, even by hand.

Once you are done with this 'dummy' reallocation, you then use the skill migrator (or the script produced by my spreadsheet) to bring your skills up to where you want them to be.

In essence, if you have reallocation attemps remaining, this allows you to completely circumvent the slow skill migration times.

NOTE: I have not tried this personally, so I'm not certain it will actually work.

Also, the whole allocation system was supposed to have been completely removed by now. I have no word on why it's still around, and when (or if) it will eventually be removed.

Kia
02-11-2004, 11:34 AM
I think the ability to reallocate after 30 days got pulled.

KIA.

Jonty
02-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Tsoran

Originally posted by Soulpieced

Actually, there *may* be a reason to use reallocation still.

If your character is beyond his 30 fast migration period, I *think* you can still use the reallocation system to reset all your skills to 0, then train to your current level without training in any skills. This can be done very quickly, even by hand.

Once you are done with this 'dummy' reallocation, you then use the skill migrator (or the script produced by my spreadsheet) to bring your skills up to where you want them to be.

In essence, if you have reallocation attemps remaining, this allows you to completely circumvent the slow skill migration times.

NOTE: I have not tried this personally, so I'm not certain it will actually work.

Also, the whole allocation system was supposed to have been completely removed by now. I have no word on why it's still around, and when (or if) it will eventually be removed.

Yes, what Tsoran said WAS true. And I've posted this AT least 3 times on this forums.

But as Kia said..., it has indeed been pulled. I guess I should have kept it to myself. :P

Kia
02-11-2004, 02:07 PM
It was a good idea while it lasted, though it was probably viewed as a loophole that needed closing.

KIA.

Jonty
02-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Kia
It was a good idea while it lasted, though it was probably viewed as a loophole that needed closing.

KIA.

Why'd they close it after the skin values change?! :lol:

J/K, I wasn't planning to erase my FA training.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by Jonty]

Kia
02-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Because they're out to make your life terrible of course! :saint:

KIA.