PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking an Iasha Weapon.

Incurable
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but to me it seems like an alter of sorts.

So I have a couple Locked Iasha weapons. I would like to get them Unlocked for my Paladin. I'm not sure if this can even still be done.

I did a search for Iasha and noticed that about three years ago, only Iasha himself and a few very select GM Merchants could unlock them. And I also noticed that the last mention of the Wavedancer was also three or so years ago. My assumption is that Iasha is either no longer around, or no longer with the Wavedancer.

So my questions are:

1. Does it then follow that only a select few GM Merchants are left to be able to unlock on of Iasha's weapons?

2. If so, how would a person go about determining which merchants are able (and willing) to do said unlocking?

3. In the past how much was the relative cost of said unlocking?

fallenSaint
02-20-2009, 10:57 AM
1. Khal = Iasha, not sure if anyones going to pickup and try to offer the service Id say doubtful.

2. They'd probably have a shop at some event that sold a ton of wihte ora crap.

3. Cheap.

Incurable
02-20-2009, 11:13 AM
2. They'd probably have a shop at some event that sold a ton of wihte ora crap.

Now I feel silly that I didn't think of that. Thank you.

A Mentor from Silverwood manor recently mentioned to me that there is an event in the planning and to post up a suggestion for services. But I see no such event listed in the events section. Perhaps I should check another thread?

Winter's Kiss
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM
There are other GMs that can unlock them now as well. Might want to ask Paul who he taught, if he did. If not, the only other GM I know of that used to unlock them got canned a few months back as well, so..

Incurable
02-20-2009, 11:48 AM
There are other GMs that can unlock them now as well. Might want to ask Paul who he taught, if he did. If not, the only other GM I know of that used to unlock them got canned a few months back as well, so..

Forgive my ignorance, I'm relatively new here. I am inferring from your response that Paul is a GM? How would I go about contacting him?

BriarFox
02-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Forgive my ignorance, I'm relatively new here. I am inferring from your response that Paul is a GM? How would I go about contacting him?

He'll probably see this thread and contact you if he wants to respond.

Incurable
02-20-2009, 12:05 PM
He'll probably see this thread and contact you if he wants to respond.

Thank you, I shall then wait patiently. Until I am contacted however, Has anyone heard of an event in planning about which GM's are asking for players to post suggested services?

BriarFox
02-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Thank you, I shall then wait patiently. Until I am contacted however, Has anyone heard of an event in planning about which GM's are asking for players to post suggested services?

Convocation of Coraesine Field (which I think must be modeled after the Field of the Cloth of Gold Henry VIII held ...) - Official forums - Quests and Events folder.

Incurable
02-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Convocation of Coraesine Field (which I think must be modeled after the Field of the Cloth of Gold Henry VIII held ...) - Official forums - Quests and Events folder.

Again, Thank you. And, again, please excuse my Ignorance, but are the "Official forums" the Play.net forums?

BriarFox
02-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Again, Thank you. And, again, please excuse my Ignorance, but are the "Official forums" the Play.net forums?

Yup.

Incurable
02-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Thank you Briar, I shall then put a request in and hope that it works. And I will also wait to see if Paul views this post and deigns to contact me.

Xanator
02-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Congratulations PC forum-goers! No one has made fun of this obviously nice person yet. You're all either going soft, or turning into halfway-decent human beings.

thefarmer
02-21-2009, 04:39 PM
THE OP IS FUCKING STUPID FOR EVEN WANTING AN IASHA WEAPON! THOSE THINGS ARE TEH SUX!!!!!!1!

kookiegod
02-21-2009, 05:11 PM
<thwaps Kai>

~Paul

thefarmer
02-21-2009, 06:19 PM
That reminds me..

The stupid GM that made them needs to be shot in the face for wasting time coding those utter pieces of crap.

Elvenlady
02-22-2009, 05:11 AM
That reminds me..

The stupid GM that made them needs to be shot in the face for wasting time coding those utter pieces of crap.

Not before they arrange to have mine unlocked first :yes:

LeDru
02-22-2009, 05:39 PM
So you gonna tell us who's left that can unlock them Paul??? I have several that need unlocked.

thefarmer
02-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I really never saw them as popular.

I tried selling a bunch of unlocked ones for 2m-ish and nobody said boo. I finally got rid of them at 1m apiece, which I thought was giving them away.

Incurable
02-27-2009, 10:46 AM
Just in case there are others wondering about this same question. Paul was kind enough to contact me and the gist of the conversation was thus:

...most of what I coded, most people have no clue on it.

None of it is hard to figure out, but at this point, I dunno if anyone knows how to do it.

Best guess is keep asking on the official boards, and ask every merchant you come in contact with.

That pretty much sums it up. Now I have tried getting on the official boards, but their format is mildly confusing. I will have to sit down and actually spend some time at home reading up on them and then will make my requests.

Thank you again Paul, and all others that have assisted me in this endevor.

Kitsun
02-27-2009, 11:10 AM
I really never saw them as popular.

I tried selling a bunch of unlocked ones for 2m-ish and nobody said boo. I finally got rid of them at 1m apiece, which I thought was giving them away.

They only do the cool fiery thing for clerics and paladins. How many paladins can't find a better weapon than a 4x something? How many weapon wielding clerics are really left?

Doesn't leave much of a demand for Iasha weapons even if the supply is restricted.

Incurable
02-27-2009, 11:40 AM
They only do the cool fiery thing for clerics and paladins. How many paladins can't find a better weapon than a 4x something? How many weapon wielding clerics are really left?

Doesn't leave much of a demand for Iasha weapons even if the supply is restricted.

*for clarification purposes* The reason I was looking for one was for RP purposes as my character is a Paladin and has devoted herself to releasing the spirits of the undead. The flares and special zests add pretty well to the illusion of a Holy Paladin who wields a weapon blessed by her chosen deity.

Elvenlady
02-27-2009, 11:44 AM
How many weapon wielding clerics are really left?

::raises her hand::

I would love to have mine unlocked.

Solstice
03-29-2009, 04:17 AM
I count the two unlocked ones I own in my top 10 possessions. My Cleric and my Paladin love theirs.

Jayvn
03-29-2009, 09:01 PM
I waited SOOO fucking long on wavedancer to get mine unlocked.. seroiusly.. hours staring at that god damned door waiting for it to open up... I'm still really confused about the lack of hazing to the new poster...
BTW you can slack off the of niceties... they'll soon turn violent on you new person.

Incurable
03-30-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm still really confused about the lack of hazing to the new poster...
BTW you can slack off the of niceties... they'll soon turn violent on you new person.

I appreciate your concern Jayvn, but I don't really know how else to be. And I have faith in the people here. So far I have only met one that was inexcusably rude to me. I rather enjoy being a part of a community of peers that know how to treat a Lady. :hug2: So, thank you all for being so welcoming and nice, I will do my best to fit in as needed. Oh and thank you very, very, very much to the person that took pity on me and gave me the unlocked Iasha star. I have been using it to the fullest extent of my abilities. :love:

-Ahvahna

Jayvn
03-30-2009, 09:53 AM
oh... a lady huh? then I should point you in the direction of our 'topless' and 'bottomless' thread.... To you know... welcome you to the community...

We should make a poll and guess which pc'er was inexcusably rude to you...

Loyrl
03-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Thats mean Jay, I thought this was the nice thread.

Jayvn
03-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Yes..and the topless thread is nice too...

Incurable
03-30-2009, 10:45 AM
oh... a lady huh? then I should point you in the direction of our 'topless' and 'bottomless' thread.... To you know... welcome you to the community...

We should make a poll and guess which pc'er was inexcusably rude to you...

We shall have to see on those specific threads, I doubt my husband would approve. But I have been looking through my picture albums to firgure out which photos to post for the faces thread. Perhaps I'll post some of my old modeling photos, and maybe one of myself and my husband.

And as for the poll, I'll have to go look back in my negative rep area to remember what his name was... :tumble:

Jayvn
03-30-2009, 11:02 AM
http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=35792&highlight=topless

Jace Solo
03-30-2009, 02:58 PM
So do we think they'll do some unlocking? I have two I'd really like to get unlocked...a star and something else...flamberge I think...

ElvenFury
03-30-2009, 03:06 PM
So you gonna tell us who's left that can unlock them Paul??? I have several that need unlocked.

I'm pretty sure Hadlir had some old giant merchant that unlocked a couple a year or two ago. I want to say it was the premie festival, but I'm not %100 sure. I remember Pereus got his white ora something-or-other unlocked. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the merchant.

Incurable
03-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Here are some nice pictures for you Jay. :tumble: Will have to wait a bit for me to become more used to yall before I post in the top or bottom section. Hope you enjoy.
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=914039#post914039
-Ahvahna