PDA

View Full Version : Spiked, Disruption flaring, Mod. impact resistant, +6 spell aim greaves

Swami71
02-20-2009, 04:48 AM
AUCTION CANCELED

some spiked glaes leg greaves
- Perm Moderate impact resistance
- Spiked
- Disruption flaring
- +6 spell aim bonus
- 7 lbs

Your careful inspection of some spiked glaes leg greaves allows you to conclude that it is miscellaneous armor that covers the legs. You also notice that it is spiked.

The harmonics generated tell you that the greaves has been infused with a disrupting substance. The magical harmonics reveal that legs are better protected when wearing the glaes leg greaves.

The greaves resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 6 to Spell Aiming Bonus.
This enhancement may not be used by adventurers who have not trained 13 times.
The greaves looks to have more than your average giantman could count charges remaining.

As your song penetrates the glaes leg greaves, you determine that it is moderately resistant to impact attacks.

You sense that the glaes leg greaves will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

Greaves pulled because I found out the flares were reactive too. So I have a use for them. Sorry all.

Swami71
02-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Great for Bolting Squares

You crouch, sweep a leg at a jungle troll and connect!
A jungle troll falls to the ground! You deftly regain your footing.

** Your glaes leg greaves release a quivering wave of disruption at the jungle troll! **

... 35 points of damage!
Oozing sores appear on the jungle troll's left hand.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Not sure if the spikes will kick in with the flares.

droit
02-20-2009, 05:03 AM
Not sure if the spikes will kick in with the flares.

They will. Those greaves cover pretty much all the bases. Nice.

Swami71
02-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Just found out these flares are reactive too. I'm keeping. Sorry

>
XXXX swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +344 vs DS: +253 with AvD: +17 + d100 roll: +23 = +131
... and hits for 2 points of damage!
Glancing blow to your right leg!

** Your glaes leg greaves release a quivering wave of disruption at XXXX! **

... 5 points of damage!
XXXX left leg jerks momentarily.

Fallen
02-20-2009, 07:39 AM
They're reactive and spiked. If these were leg greaves they would have been worth a small fortune. You are wearing Full-double leathers, or above LBP right? Else these things can bump you into the next ASG.

Swami71
02-20-2009, 07:44 AM
They're reactive and spiked. If these were leg greaves they would have been worth a small fortune. You are wearing Full-double leathers, or above LBP right? Else these things can bump you into the next ASG.

They are leg greaves. I'm wearing HCP double leathers but I don't worry about my legs to much cause I don't die from leg shots. Reactive flares and spell aim boost is awesome. I didn't know flares could be both maneuver and reactive based.

Fallen
02-20-2009, 07:51 AM
They are leg greaves. I'm wearing HCP double leathers but I don't worry about my legs to much cause I don't die from leg shots. Reactive flares and spell aim boost it awesome. I didn't know flares could be both maneuver and reactive based.

They certainly can. I think I saw AIM and thought arm. That and I just can't fucking read. Good find. Enjoy them.

Swami71
02-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Thanks. Do you know what Impact resistance is good against?

Fallen
02-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Griffin drops, falls from a failed climb, 409 crits. Stuff like that.

Izzy
02-20-2009, 09:02 AM
They are leg greaves. I'm wearing HCP double leathers but I don't worry about my legs to much cause I don't die from leg shots. Reactive flares and spell aim boost it awesome. I didn't know flares could be both maneuver and reactive based.

I don't actually think there are any armor flares that AREN'T reactive.

Fallen
02-20-2009, 09:08 AM
I don't actually think there are any armor flares that AREN'T reactive.

Depending on how you classify them, Spikes are not reactive. I think that is what confuses most people. Elemental/Mana Disruption flares trigger for both, spikes only for offensive moves done by the player.

I want some reactive web flaring armor.

Izzy
02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Depending on how you classify them, Spikes are not reactive. I think that is what confuses most people. Elemental/Mana Disruption flares trigger for both, spikes only for offensive moves done by the player.

I want some reactive web flaring armor.

True, spikes are definitely not reactive. But every elemental type flare on a piece of armor I've seen has been both reactive and offensive.

Web flaring armor would be sick. With fire flaring greaves too. So you web them reactively, then haymaker their shit on fire. So badass.

Fallen
02-20-2009, 09:13 AM
True, spikes are definitely not reactive. But every elemental type flare on a piece of armor I've seen has been both reactive and offensive.

Web flaring armor would be sick. With fire flaring greaves too. So you web them reactively, then haymaker their shit on fire. So badass.

What is insane is they have actually allowed some weapons to have web based flares, and not everyone who had the opportunity chose it. Some people are dumb.

DoctorUnne
02-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Did you find these in a critter box or build them up yourself? If you found them in a box that's an amazing find with everything permanent like that.

Izzy
02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
What is insane is they have actually allowed some weapons to have web based flares, and not everyone who had the opportunity chose it. Some people are dumb.

Yeah, ironwright had those for a while I think. He took the web flares off the list after a couple weapons though.

It makes me sad you can't add flares to a bow and have it be worthwhile.

Swami71
02-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Did you find these in a critter box or build them up yourself? If you found them in a box that's an amazing find with everything permanent like that.

Box from Nelmar temple in Teras.

Celephais
02-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Can you add reactive flares to armor via Premium Points?

TheLastShamurai
02-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Yes.

Belnia
02-20-2009, 07:02 PM
CURSE YOU. I need a matching pair for my spiked and disruption flaring arm greaves.

droit
02-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Can you add reactive flares to armor via Premium Points?

It's relatively cheap, too.

For items up to +20, cost is equal to (5+(enchant divided by 2)*100). For items over +20, the cost is (15+(enchant-20)*100). Examples: Adding flares to a +30 weapon is 2500, for a 10x weapon is 4500. Allowed flares are heat, cold, electric, acid, and impact.

BriarFox
02-20-2009, 09:02 PM
It's relatively cheap, too.

AND it's awesome. 3500 PP to add acid flares to my spiked, 8x hauberk. Love the set.

Celephais
02-20-2009, 09:12 PM
If you reactive flare a set of full leathers (yeah I know), and you get hit on the legs, would that flare back?

Drew
02-20-2009, 09:18 PM
You suck, I really want these...

droit
02-20-2009, 09:50 PM
If you reactive flare a set of full leathers (yeah I know), and you get hit on the legs, would that flare back?

Yes, unless you were wearing a set of greaves over your legs. Armor accessories prevent armor flares from activating.

Hecates
02-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Yes, unless you were wearing a set of greaves over your legs. Armor accessories prevent armor flares from activating.

so flaring double chain, with arm greaves, the arm hits will not flare, only chest/abbs/back?

mrjrd222
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
so flaring double chain, with arm greaves, the arm hits will not flare, only chest/abbs/back?

I'm pretty sure if the base armor has flares, your entire body flares. Like MBP will give flares to arms/legs/head/neck and torso... Not 100% certain but all I have is flaring full plate so I'm not able to test it.

droit
02-20-2009, 10:06 PM

No, flaring armor will flare from every location, not just those "covered." If you wear arm greaves, your armor will flare when hit in the eyes, head, neck, chest, back, abdomen, and legs--just not the arms.

thefarmer
02-20-2009, 10:08 PM
No, flaring armor will flare from every location, not just those "covered."

Just like padding for partial armor. As long as the torso piece has it, every part will also.

Hecates
02-20-2009, 10:08 PM
No, flaring armor will flare from every location, not just those "covered." If you wear arm greaves, your armor will flare when hit in the eyes, head, neck, chest, back, abdomen, and legs--just not the arms.

even thou the chain dont cover those areas? thats awsome!

Drew
02-21-2009, 12:25 AM
even thou the chain dont cover those areas? thats awsome!

Technically it does cover the area, but it's like brig covers those parts. Sorta. It's a real murky system, but just know that anytime you wear armour your entire body is covered by something.