PDA

View Full Version : Script Check?

Bobrobertbobson
02-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I was just working in the forge when I saw this:

A swirl of butterflies swirls at the edge of your vision, their wings glimmering and glittering in the ambient light. Past experience reminds you that this usually means something exciting is happening somewhere nearby.

I observed aloud how odd it was to see butterflies in the forge, and then nothing else happened. Am I right that a GM was checking whether I was AFK scripting?

mgoddess
02-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Past experience reminds you that this usually means something exciting is happening somewhere nearby.
No. Read the message again... "something exciting is happening somewhere"

Probably a message everyone, at least in the realm you were in, got. :shrug:

Bobrobertbobson
02-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Fair point. I just figured that a message going out to that many people would be checked for simple errors like this one: A swirl of butterflies swirls...

Euler
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I have seen it twice, never sure figured out what it meant. i was told it is a four winds thing

Bobrobertbobson
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
It can't be an Isle of Four Winds thing since I'm not premium. Hmm... the mystery endures.

Ausek
02-19-2009, 10:34 PM
It can't be an Isle of Four Winds thing since I'm not premium. Hmm... the mystery endures.

Then maybe that's the message you get when Premium events occur when you're only a Prime member? There was a merchant tonight on Four Winds at 8:30.

The Ponzzz
02-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, that's the message for the IFW merchants.

Danical
02-19-2009, 11:15 PM
http://www.play.net/gs4/events/popup-event.asp?fID=1002&ID=26663

diethx
02-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Then maybe that's the message you get when Premium events occur when you're only a Prime member? There was a merchant tonight on Four Winds at 8:30.

Ahaha, you live in Lilburn.

Every time I drive up 85 and pass Beaver Ruin Rd. and Lilburn, i'm all giggly. I'm so mature. It's not as bad as when I pass through Butts county, though.

Celephais
02-19-2009, 11:22 PM

Every time I drive up 85 and pass Beaver Ruin Rd. and Lilburn, i'm all giggly. I'm so mature. It's not as bad as when I pass through Butts county, though.
Whenever I drive by the signs for this...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2724361814_40c6a75ee2.jpg

mrjrd222
02-19-2009, 11:33 PM
I was just working in the forge when I saw this:

A swirl of butterflies swirls at the edge of your vision, their wings glimmering and glittering in the ambient light. Past experience reminds you that this usually means something exciting is happening somewhere nearby.

I observed aloud how odd it was to see butterflies in the forge, and then nothing else happened. Am I right that a GM was checking whether I was AFK scripting?

I got the exact same message, but "somewhere nearby" was replaced with "Mist Harbor". It also happened almost exactly the time this thread popped up on the forums..

I only recently became premium, I figured the message went out to only premium people. All the time I've been standard I never saw the message either. Must have been a glitch where everyone got it, or random prime people saw it on accident?

mgoddess
02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
http://www.play.net/gs4/events/popup-event.asp?fID=1002&ID=26663
GS4-PLATINUM: This information is of interest to GemStone IV Platinum players.

Bobrobertbobson
02-20-2009, 02:09 AM
I got the exact same message, but "somewhere nearby" was replaced with "Mist Harbor". It also happened almost exactly the time this thread popped up on the forums..

I only recently became premium, I figured the message went out to only premium people. All the time I've been standard I never saw the message either. Must have been a glitch where everyone got it, or random prime people saw it on accident?

Thanks. I guess that answers it.

Danical
02-20-2009, 02:18 AM
GS4-PLATINUM: This information is of interest to GemStone IV Platinum players.

Fail :(

I sry.

mrjrd222
02-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Fail :(

I sry.

It was a feature alterer that showed up unexpectedly in Mist Harbor, I got a beard... yay.

Ausek
02-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Whenever I drive by the signs for this...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3274/2724361814_40c6a75ee2.jpg

Mhmmm. There are a bunch of places like that around here, sadly. I even went to school with a kid from the family Snellville is named after. Most stuck up rich kid i've ever met.

Celephais
02-20-2009, 07:01 PM
I especially like the little mushroom cloud/fart explosion drawn on the gay city state park sign.

onurb
02-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Here is a sample of some messaging a GM used when checking if a forger was AFK:

A silver tabby kitten saunters into your workspace, giving you a plaintive look through apple green eyes. It purrs and meows sadly.

The kitten mews again, pawing at your leg.

Sinking its claws into your leg, the kitten penetrates the fabric of your apron. It gazes up at you as though astonished that you would ignore it.

Obviously indignant at being left behind, the kitten begins clawing its way up your leg. It gouges you horribly as it treats you like a tree, and the pain is excruciating!

The kitten works its way over your body, latching into your skin and clothing with its needle sharp claws. When it reaches your chest, it pauses and stares at you eerily.

The kitten clinging to your chest ROARS in your face. It's really quite terrifying. Its green eyes almost glow with malice!

The voice of Enzyr says, "You are not responsive to your gaming environment, XXXX."

The voice of Enzyr says, "This is your last opportunity to respond."

XXXX grows indistinct. Slowly it dawns on you that she isn't there anymore.
The world grows blurry and indistinct. After a moment everything becomes clear again. Looking about, you see...

[Scripting Violation Limbo]
You have been moved here because it appears you are in violation of GemStone IV policy. Scripting for the purpose of gaining experience or silver is a violation of policy and future warnings may result in time out from the game. In order to leave this area, you must state that you agree to abide by this policy and that you understand the consequences of failing to do so. Type POLICY 18 for complete scripting policy information. Type GO OUT for instructions.
You notice an obviously fake acorn, a giant rat, clearly unaware that it is a fake prop, a fake leg of a zombie, a fake fire cat, the way out, a fake viper, a fake skeleton and a fake fire rat.
Obvious exits: none