PDA

View Full Version : Raffled Tea Set from EG 07

fallenSaint
02-16-2009, 10:40 PM
CB: 3.5m to Jolena SOLD!
Acquired this set and up for sale it goes:

----------

a lacquered lor case

SHOW: Highly polished, silvery lor gives this case a distinctly elegant appearance. The corners are protected by pieces of pure silver with filigree etching. At the front of the case, a crescent-shaped clasp serves to hold the case shut.

OPEN: You unlatch the toggle on your lor case and hear a strange whirring sound, causing you to remove your hand from the toggle. Within seconds, a tiny opening appears at the top of the case and the thin doors are drawn away from each other. The doors at the hinges bend and slide into a small compartment at the bottom, turning the case into a serving platter.

a silver-inlaid polished lor platter

SHOW: A highly polished finish has been applied to this oval platter, bringing a brilliance to the grain of the wood. A filigreed silver ring encircles the edge, providing handles as well as a means of containing any carried items. Tiny, star-shaped pieces of silver have been set into the wood, mixing with its natural silvery hue to give an impression of moonlight amongst the stars.

CLOSE: You depress a button hidden in the design of the polished lor platter's handle. A small whirring sound heralds tiny doors extending from the bottom of the platter, which extend upward until they completely obscure the contents of the platter and transform the piece into a compact case.

Holds the spoons, teacups and kettle like so:

On the polished lor platter you see a stack of silver tea spoons, a stack of porcelain teacups and a small cast iron kettle with a spiraling handle.

----------

a small silver tea spoon with a moonstone-inlaid handle (four total)

----------

a fragile porcelain teacup (four total)

SHOW: This delicate cup is far more a work of art than a simple vessel. The handle is smoothly curved, joining the cup in a slight twist. The four Elanthian moons have been painted around the cup: Lornon the Faceless, Liabo the Ivory, Tilaok the Red, and tiny Makiri. A silvery ring coats the cup's lip, shimmering like moonlight on water.

----------

a small cast iron kettle with a spiraling handle

----------

a silver ball infuser

SHOW: Tiny bits of blue-green glaes have been set into the silver, giving it a watery sheen as the light hits it.

----------

a claw-foot cast iron stove

----------

a lidded wicker basket lined with midnight blue cotton

----------

Also have a few jars of tea's and some honey, along with wood, water, tinder and matches to get it all going I assume.

Anyway Im not sure what this stuff goes for but feel free to toss offers my way, and its all as one package no individual items.

Belnia
02-16-2009, 10:43 PM
One meeeeeeeeelllllllion silver.

Kitsun
02-17-2009, 09:02 AM
1,234,567!

fallenSaint
02-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Updated bid, anyone other than the two number happy people interested?

Elvenlady
02-17-2009, 12:53 PM
I'll play ... 1,500,000

Thanks

fallenSaint
02-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Bids updated.

Ratolin180
02-17-2009, 08:26 PM
CB: 1.5m to Elvenlady Once

Acquired this set and up for sale it goes:

----------

a lacquered lor case

SHOW: Highly polished, silvery lor gives this case a distinctly elegant appearance. The corners are protected by pieces of pure silver with filigree etching. At the front of the case, a crescent-shaped clasp serves to hold the case shut.

OPEN: You unlatch the toggle on your lor case and hear a strange whirring sound, causing you to remove your hand from the toggle. Within seconds, a tiny opening appears at the top of the case and the thin doors are drawn away from each other. The doors at the hinges bend and slide into a small compartment at the bottom, turning the case into a serving platter.

a silver-inlaid polished lor platter

SHOW: A highly polished finish has been applied to this oval platter, bringing a brilliance to the grain of the wood. A filigreed silver ring encircles the edge, providing handles as well as a means of containing any carried items. Tiny, star-shaped pieces of silver have been set into the wood, mixing with its natural silvery hue to give an impression of moonlight amongst the stars.

CLOSE: You depress a button hidden in the design of the polished lor platter's handle. A small whirring sound heralds tiny doors extending from the bottom of the platter, which extend upward until they completely obscure the contents of the platter and transform the piece into a compact case.

Holds the spoons, teacups and kettle like so:

On the polished lor platter you see a stack of silver tea spoons, a stack of porcelain teacups and a small cast iron kettle with a spiraling handle.

----------

a small silver tea spoon with a moonstone-inlaid handle (four total)

----------

a fragile porcelain teacup (four total)

SHOW: This delicate cup is far more a work of art than a simple vessel. The handle is smoothly curved, joining the cup in a slight twist. The four Elanthian moons have been painted around the cup: Lornon the Faceless, Liabo the Ivory, Tilaok the Red, and tiny Makiri. A silvery ring coats the cup's lip, shimmering like moonlight on water.

----------

a small cast iron kettle with a spiraling handle

----------

a silver ball infuser

SHOW: Tiny bits of blue-green glaes have been set into the silver, giving it a watery sheen as the light hits it.

----------

a claw-foot cast iron stove

----------

a lidded wicker basket lined with midnight blue cotton

----------

Also have a few jars of tea's and some honey, along with wood, water, tinder and matches to get it all going I assume.

Anyway Im not sure what this stuff goes for but feel free to toss offers my way, and its all as one package no individual items.

2 million silvers.

Elvenlady
02-18-2009, 06:20 AM
2.5 million, please and thank you. :tumble:

fallenSaint
02-18-2009, 08:04 AM
Updated bid, sorry Elvenlady Jo's PM hit me first.

Elvenlady
02-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Damn, I can't bid against Jolena because I know she'd use it and cherish it. If you ever decide to part with it though hunny ... send a PM my way :smilegrin:

fallenSaint
02-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Woa woa woa there is no friends in a bidding contest! .... going twice and last call!

fallenSaint
02-18-2009, 05:13 PM
We have a new entry into the bidding ring!

fallenSaint
02-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Jo says no to your bid!

fallenSaint
02-19-2009, 07:43 AM
Last chance to bid before Jo takes it home.

fallenSaint
02-19-2009, 02:47 PM
SOLD!