PDA

View Full Version : Skinning Nerf

Methais
02-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Yay, not only is the "normal" treasure system a worthless pile of shit, but now the skinning system works just like it!

Three cheers for Warden for yet another nerf that makes yet another skill almost completely worthless!

Gemstone IV: Nerfing Reinvented

Xcalibur
02-09-2004, 01:35 PM
So, if the average of a centaur's skin is 2k, with the new nerfing rules, it would be what?

Need some exemples, please

Edaarin
02-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Nooooooooooo, no more going around following bane scripter cleric on the Lake making 200k an hour picking boxes and loot he leaves behind.

Drew2
02-09-2004, 01:48 PM
I need to give a GM some oral sex to find out which critters are worth more now.

Methais
02-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Not sure about centaurs, but people on the official boards have been saying that waern furs have dropped from 1000-1500 or so down to about 100 coins if I remember right.

Basically if it's something that's hunted a lot, it's not going to be worth skinning.

StrayRogue
02-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Basically, the more a critter is hunter, the less its fur is valued. Wrong, from an IC standpoint (it should decrease on furs SOLD, not critters killed), while critters rarely killed will have a more valuable pelt. Just like the treasure system is meant to work.

Methais
02-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Warden did say they're working on a system for that though...so it can tell the difference between critters killed and skins sold.

Common sense would say to wait until that system is ready before implementing the nerf, but as always, this is Simutronics we're talking about.

I remember how much I used to complain about Banthis back when he was in charge. These days I'd give anything to have him back in charge instead of this douchebag Warden. I can't think of really anything he's done that hasn't included a nerf one way or another since he's been the lead DEV GM. Can you?

The only way things could be worse would be if Ophion was in charge.

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by Methais]

Ardwen
02-09-2004, 02:42 PM
one word Methais....

Aephir

Ardwen

Kia
02-09-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
I need to give a GM some oral sex to find out which critters are worth more now.

Ohh... scary.

KIA.

Xcalibur
02-09-2004, 02:48 PM
I never saw Waern being heavily overhunted before, though.

What's the point of needing 2 skills to skin, now, if it's so cheap to get good pelts? (since there's only like 15% of monsters that got good base value pelts (poor mylkian's cash hunter)).

Warriorbird
02-09-2004, 03:02 PM
Kinda ironic. In stopping underhunting they encourage it. Well, think of all the training points you can save.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-09-2004, 03:09 PM
Heh, and to think I was considering learning how to skin again (since I LOST IT when we converted -- relative change MY FUCKING ASS).

But now that its basically yet another worthless skill, I'll put it in the Ice Patch, Slow, and Meteor Swarm bin.

Methais
02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
<<one word Methais....

Aephir>>

I liked Aephir. I think GS would have been way better today if Aephir was in charge. Unfortunately Banthis ran him off or some shit.

Artha
02-09-2004, 06:59 PM
I think GS would have been way better today if Aephir was in charge.

Yeah, I hear Aeternity's doing really well.

crazymage
02-09-2004, 07:10 PM
I think the skinning change is good!

Xcalibur
02-09-2004, 07:11 PM
Good for the economy in general, bad, as usual, for the player.

Jonty
02-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by crazymage
I think the skinning change is good!

If it actually depended on skins sold it would be good....

Methais
02-09-2004, 08:14 PM
<<Yeah, I hear Aeternity's doing really well.>>

Being in charge of something that already exists is a hell of a lot different than starting up your own game, especially these days when games are rapidly becoming mainstream. So if you're gonna judge Aephir's ability based on his apparent non-success with launching Aeternity, expect your head to come out next time you take a shit.

[Edited on 2-10-2004 by Methais]

Latrinsorm
02-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
I need to give a GM some oral sex to find out which critters are worth more now. War trolls, mountain lions, minotaurs; according to Dredroberts, but he confused forest and war trolls. And he never changes his tone (amused) but otherwise he seems to know what he's talkin' 'bout.