PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Padding

jhiggs
02-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Can anyone tell me how much this stuff cost, was thinking of geting some fire resist put on my leathers.

Fallen
02-13-2009, 07:51 AM
This will vary according to the quality of protection you want, and the specifications of your armor. Anything above HCP is out except for 1 guy and he charges a lot. That same guy, Regyy, charges anywhere between a few hundred thousand for lighter armor to well above a million for some VHCP Brig. He can, however, grant you upwards of 80%? protection against an element. If you just want a decent amount of protection and you're armor is fairly standard, only plants from Teras isle can get you fire protection. So on teras, it likely will be extremely cheap to have the work done. Might want to head there and ask around.

Stunseed
02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Regyy.

waywardgs
02-13-2009, 08:10 AM
Regyy.

His name is the final word on this.

Fallen
02-13-2009, 08:13 AM

Eh, Regyy knows I try to drum up business for him whenever I can, but I think it is important to clarify that while he is the absolute best, he is also the most expensive. A lot of rangers will do this service for free, especially if you go get them the plants and help make the potions. Protection will likely be half as good as the Dwarf's, but it will cost a hell of a lot less.

jhiggs
02-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Ya, i was in talks with Regyy a few years back when i wanted some for my older wizard that i sold :-( Im just trying to find something cheaper for reg double leathers, for hunting fire guardians, stupid ball fires spells are killing me lol

Izzy
02-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Regyy's up at like 95%+ with his enhancives. If you have ifw though, I might be willing to try and remember how to resist things and I'll hook you up.

Fallen
02-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Regyy's up at like 95%+ with his enhancives. If you have ifw though, I might be willing to try and remember how to resist things and I'll hook you up.

We tried to get him enough enhancives to do Masterfully Crit padded armor. We could only get him up to Exceptional.

BOOO.

Drew
02-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah there are a lot of rangers who can do higher than base level resistance who won't charge you an arm and a leg like Regyy.

jhiggs
02-13-2009, 09:21 AM
What is ifw

NocturnalRob
02-13-2009, 09:22 AM
stop hating on the dyslexic!!

Izzy
02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
What is ifw

If you don't know what it is, you probably can't get there ;)

It's the Isle of the Four Winds/Mist harbor/premium isle/etc.

Fallen
02-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah there are a lot of rangers who can do higher than base level resistance who won't charge you an arm and a leg like Regyy.

I'm the type of guy that needs to try to get the best version of something possible. Basically, if you get Regyy's protection, you're all but immune to that element. Pretty sweet for fire and nature. Worth a couple hundred thousand to me. Even worth millions if you already spent an arm and a leg on ECP armor.

jhiggs
02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Ya i know what The isle of four winds is, i was a premium member for a long time with Dallicis, it just didnt make sense to me in the contex of your sentence is all. I might be going back premie, havent desided yet. ill make a post in the wanted section, Thanks for all the help guys

Izzy
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Ya i know what The isle of four winds is, i was a premium member for a long time with Dallicis, it just didnt make sense to me in the contex of your sentence is all. I might be going back premie, havent desided yet. ill make a post in the wanted section, Thanks for all the help guys

Breaking it down:

1)You said you were hunting fire guardians.
2)I'm not in a town where any fire guardians are located.
3)I'm not going to travel any amount of distance to give you free work.
4)IFW != distance, so I'm willing to meet there if you're able.
5)You can't at this point, so it's moot.
6)If you become able, and still need help, PM me.

jhiggs
02-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Lol, You didnt have to break it down like that, im a little slow but i figured it out after you told me what you ment by IFW. And i apperciate the offer, i might be going premie in a few days and if so ill shoot you a PM. Thanks

Drew
02-13-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm the type of guy that needs to try to get the best version of something possible. Basically, if you get Regyy's protection, you're all but immune to that element. Pretty sweet for fire and nature. Worth a couple hundred thousand to me. Even worth millions if you already spent an arm and a leg on ECP armor.

You still get the minors on teras even with shimmers and 90%+. If you already have HCP armour and you get decent fire/nature protection you're not going to die anyway, so why pay his outrageous prices?

Fallen
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
You still get the minors on teras even with shimmers and 90%+. If you already have HCP armour and you get decent fire/nature protection you're not going to die anyway, so why pay his outrageous prices?

Traps, Major E-wave, GMs setting you on fire, Invasions, CvC, Splash damage from hunting in a group, etc

I have MCP armor. If it has an effect on the elemental aspects of these maneuvers it isn't nearly enough to prevent deaths. I sometimes miss my VHCP stuff that had Regyy's fire protection. It saved my life more times than I can remember where if I faced those same situations in my current set I would likely have died. I WAS going to build a set of 7x LBP that was resistant to slash and pierce attacks, HCP, and had Regyy's Fire protection but ultimately sold it to Eugenides's player. I am surprised more people don't rock that shit. 7x HCP LBP with Mod Pierce/Slash,95% fire Damage protection is a damn fine suit of armor.

Drew
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
It's probably different for a pure anyway. I didn't really die in my HCP brig from elemental stuff and now that I'm in chain I can't even use it.

Fallen
02-13-2009, 02:48 PM
It's probably different for a pure anyway. I didn't really die in my HCP brig from elemental stuff and now that I'm in chain I can't even use it.

You said it before long ago in another thread. If you sneeze at a sorcerer there is a good chance they will die.

graysun
02-13-2009, 04:54 PM
You still get the minors on teras even with shimmers and 90%+.
Not that you're doing this Drew, but one of my favorite things is to see people complain about how their uber-resistant armor won't prevent getting a minor from the fire mages' death stares.

ZeP
02-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Does the enchant of the armor matter to drive the price up or just the padding? Like is it more expensive to have resistance put on 7x brig than it is 4x brig?

Fallen
02-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I believe only padding quality and armor type are factors.

TheLastShamurai
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I really wish they would expand upon this spell a little. Specifically, adding water resistance damnit!

AKOE!
02-25-2009, 09:02 AM

and he's friendly too :)

Drew
02-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Not that you're doing this Drew, but one of my favorite things is to see people complain about how their uber-resistant armor won't prevent getting a minor from the fire mages' death stares.

Yeah I'm not, but it did used to stop the minors. And when it did I could see paying the kind of prices Regyy charges for the resistance. My point now is that no matter what the resistance level you'll still get them, just another reason not to waste your silvers.

Fallen
02-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Someone posted a wizard hitting a guy with a 900+ endroll from a bolt. The guy took 2 minors. One from the initial hit and one from the splash damage ..which did 1 damage.

I would say it is worth it.

Danical
02-25-2009, 02:25 PM
I really wish they would expand upon this spell a little. Specifically, adding water resistance damnit!

When are you experiencing water crits?

Drew
02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Someone posted a wizard hitting a guy with a 900+ endroll from a bolt. The guy took 2 minors. One from the initial hit and one from the splash damage ..which did 1 damage.

I would say it is worth it.

No, it's nifty and it's great for the average player taking 900+ endrolls from that element. I recommend Regyy's service wholeheartedly if you are taking 900+ endrolls from any resistible element.

Fallen
02-25-2009, 02:32 PM
No, it's nifty and it's great for the average player taking 900+ endrolls from that element. I recommend Regyy's service wholeheartedly if you are taking 900+ endrolls from any resistible element.

It basically negates damage from 1 element. I don't know what you would spend 500k-1m on, but that ranks high on my list.

Drew
02-25-2009, 02:36 PM
It's not permanent. It's pay near a million for a few swings of really good resistance or get ~30% which in most scenarios is plenty for free.

Fallen
02-25-2009, 02:42 PM
It's not permanent. It's pay near a million for a few swings of really good resistance or get ~30% which in most scenarios is plenty for free.

How many times, outside of Fire Mages on Teras, do you get hit with an element? The SAME element? Regyy's stuff is good for 100's if not thousands of hits. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree here.

droit
02-25-2009, 02:52 PM
"A few swings" is literally hundreds and hundreds of activations. The only people who burn through Regyy's resistance with any regularity are fire mage hunters--and they're the ones who really benefit from his massive resistance (except for those stupid-ass minors). They're also the ones that he gives special pricing to. Last I checked, he had a pricing scheme that got less expensive each time you bought resistance from him. Heck, when I was in fire mages, every other resist he'd do free. Say what you will about his personality, but I think his resist service is worth it if you need it.

Now, what I think Drew is saying is that practical invulnerability to a single element isn't all that useful. For the most part, I agree with him; it's not a service I'd just randomly get for the hell of it. However, it's incredibly useful situationally.

TheLastShamurai
02-25-2009, 05:29 PM
When are you experiencing water crits?

I was assuming everything the GWE's and WE's did was some type of water-based damage. Am I wrong? It would be kinda silly to be getting hit by blasts of water and water e-waves and not be suffering water-based damage.

Danical
02-25-2009, 05:58 PM
The GWEs 435s are impact and the GWE maneuvers are unbalance or impact, I can't remember.

Just so you know 903 is on the impact crit table.

TheLastShamurai
02-25-2009, 06:11 PM
The GWEs 435s are impact and the GWE maneuvers are unbalance or impact, I can't remember.

Just so you know 903 is on the impact crit table.

Yeah I figured their 435 was crush/impact based just from the crits I've received, but I figured it was still considered "water" damage.

Well, hopefully someone at the CCF is offering impact resistance then.