PDA

View Full Version : Paladins should be able to USE chrism gems

Widgets
02-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Leave the making of chrisms up to only Clerics still, but all us Paladins who can raise the ability to use a chrism on someone whom is dead.

Too many times, have people died near me with no cleric around, only to want to be raised from a Chrism.

We can raise, granted it's not as good for us XP wise in comparison to a Cleric, but damnit we can still raise the dead....So why not have the ability to crack open a gem that is already blessed over a dead body?

Fallen
02-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I think Paladins should be able to meditate.

kookiegod
02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Gonna have to disagree with you here.

Paladins shouldn't even have raise dead.

But, i guess you can use chrisms if clerics can have Champion's Might orbs created by Paladins.

:)

~Paul

TheLastShamurai
02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Paladins suck anyways.

Stanley Burrell
02-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Gonna have to disagree with you here.

Paladins shouldn't even have raise dead.

But, i guess you can use chrisms if clerics can have Champion's Might orbs created by Paladins.

:)

~Paul

It's once a day and maybe a little bit more.

And the most ineffective TP sink. Ever.

Take some toilet paper, bundle it up, put it in the sink, turn on the hot water, observe the details: And that is paladin "rezzing". At least 1613 doesn't make you throw away an assload of TPs just to have it work as retardedly as it does.

Widgets
02-12-2009, 09:34 PM
At Most, a Paladin can raise 3x per day :)

And gains what, 1/4 the amount of XP as a Cleric would. For god sakes, let us use Chrisms :)

TheLastShamurai
02-12-2009, 09:58 PM
No thanks to Ressurection. We may only get a 1/4 of the benefit when we ressurect someone, but everytime we do its 4/4 a swift kick to the Clerics' balls.

No thanks to Chrisms. This would be 8/4 a swift kick to the Cleric go-nads.

And Clerics suck bad enough without depriving them of their jewels.

BigWorm
02-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Leave the making of chrisms up to only Clerics still, but all us Paladins who can raise the ability to use a chrism on someone whom is dead.

Too many times, have people died near me with no cleric around, only to want to be raised from a Chrism.

We can raise, granted it's not as good for us XP wise in comparison to a Cleric, but damnit we can still raise the dead....So why not have the ability to crack open a gem that is already blessed over a dead body?

Why did you convert to paladin?

Another odd duck
02-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I don't see the problem myself. I like to help people and the chrism benefits the deader, not the raiser.

The only times I have raised anyone, it was because there wasn't a cleric around and I'm cheaper than the town NPC cleric (I don't accept tips at all)

The exp vs. the spirit drain makes it not worth it to me to do on a regular basis. I lose more exp recovering than I would gain hunting.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm sure someone will point it out if I am.

Widgets
02-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Why did you convert to paladin?

Because I like them?

The only time I raise, is when no clerics are present. The inner good in me feels bad when I Can't use a chrism in that instance.

In-Game wise, I don't like to raise, since I'm not a goody cleric man

Durgrimst
02-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Me: So are you gonna convert right away, or play round as a cleric for a bit?

Right away, clerics suck.

Rathain
02-13-2009, 09:03 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it.

And why do Paladins seem to think that clerics earn so much exp from raising ? I'm sure some like Kaedra do, but most would find it way too tedious to go corpse hunting all the time. Besides, the cleric earns much less exp for raising a corpse below their level. Picking boxes is a better way of earning exp.

Fallen
02-13-2009, 09:06 AM
225 Target
Voln Fog/130
Get corpse healed up via a MAed empath or whatever
Resurrect.

simple enough.

Rathain
02-13-2009, 09:09 AM
The rift, darkstone, nelemar, griffin's keep, heirophant temple, the tower, among others. Simple method ? Sure. It just won't work.

Fallen
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
The rift, darkstone, nelemar, griffin's keep, heirophant temple, the tower, among others. Simple method ? Sure. It just won't work.

That's like saying, "What? I can't just type attack rat and get EXP?!?!?!"

Rathain
02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
That's like saying, "What? I can't just type attack rat and get EXP?!?!?!"

No, that's not what I said at all.

I never said it should be easy, or that it is currently difficult. I did, however, say that it was tedious. It's far more tedious to re-spellup, stop whatever you're doing, and go retrieve a corpse than it is to re-spell on your own timeline and go hunt when you damn well please to earn exp. It gets even more tedious when you have to navigate the area to find the corpse because 225 will not work, if the person lost a weapon/shield and is begging you to find it for them, or if your cleric dies trying to accomplish the above.

Of course, this is all solved by not doing a thing and ghosting - which is what some clerics do because the above routine has become too monotonous over time.

But back to Paladins - I have no problem with them using chrism gems on corpses. For whatever reason, they can transport and resurrect corpses- may as well complete the trifecta if the dev team has already gone that far. They shouldn't be allowed to use the chrism gems to grant a meditation bonus, however.

Ignot
02-13-2009, 10:18 AM
DEPART CONFIRM. Problem solved.

Fallen
02-13-2009, 10:41 AM
I think everyone should be able to use Chrism gems with the whole 1/3 lore requirements system in place.

fallenSaint
02-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I think everyone should be able to use Chrism gems with the whole 1/3 lore requirements system in place.

I was just about to suggest that, throw the chrism usage into Blessing Lore or some such nonsense.... however Im biased because Ive got a empath with the needed scrolls and lore...