PDA

View Full Version : Question on GoA's

Morrff
02-11-2009, 08:01 PM
Looking for people who have had experience with trading silver for GoA's. I'm wondering how safe a transaction it is, and what the proper time to wait before completing the transaction by handing the silver over safely.

I guess what I'm getting at is, never having had a GoA to any of my accounts, I don't want to get screwed. I wasn't sure if you could get the notice that the GoA had been received and then the person calls his/her CC and have the payment stopped thus then 3 days(however long) later the GoA becomes null and my accounts do not get credited?

Was thinking about doing 4m per $30 GoA which = just shy of $8per

Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts on the matter.

Cylas
Player of many

Liagala
02-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Why not just use Paypal? I think you can buy yourself a GoA if you really want the money to be set aside for GS only.

AestheticDeath
02-11-2009, 08:12 PM
GoA doesnt take a 3% cut

Morrff
02-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Why not just use Paypal? I think you can buy yourself a GoA if you really want the money to be set aside for GS only.

Never had experience with either for IG stuff and very little experience with Paypal itself. I just figured it would save a step and perhaps might appeal to someone less likely to spend $ for IG silver, knowing it's not going to my bank account and instead going back into GS(sortive). However anyone comming here looking for silver probably already does not care how the $ gets spent.

Morrff
02-11-2009, 08:16 PM
GoA doesnt take a 3% cut

:yeahthat: I didn't know they did, only used Paypal to purchase things, just another reason why I like the idea of GoA better IMO

Swami71
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
GoA is better cause there are no fees as with paypal. I've done it several times. It requires you to be fairly trusting of the person your dealing with. I usually just have them copy and paste the message after they've completed the GoA. I hand over the silver the same day. I've never had trouble with it. Just make sure you know who there main character is and that they're well known in the game.

Liagala
02-11-2009, 08:33 PM
GoA doesnt take a 3% cut

Fair enough. In that case, I'm with Swami - just make sure you know the person, or someone you trust can vouch for them.

Winter's Kiss
02-12-2009, 03:12 AM
And it takes 3 days at least for the GoA to go through, so keep that in mind. They have to set the date for the transfer, I've worked with them a lot with silver-GoA transfers in the past. Just have to be careful who you trade with.

HSB
02-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Realize I'm a little late to the party, but...

You can call Simu directly at their billing line, and do a GoA there on the spot, which goes through immediately and is immediately reflected on the recipient's account. No fuss, no muss (also no receipt, but the person can easily log in and check their account balance to confirm). Done it several times this way, since PayPal hates me.