PDA

View Full Version : Psinet Alias Commands

droit
02-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Is there a list of all of the commands supported by the alias system? Specifically, is there a way to add a pause?

Morrff
02-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Pretty sure a pause will work the same through Alias as it does in a Macro which is \p\. Never tested it though, never needed an alias to pause. Hope works/helps

Gustamantis
02-13-2009, 05:48 PM
I couldn't get it to work... what I'd like to do is make an alias that when I type 407 strongbox it will first cast 403, then wait through casting time, then prep and cast 407 at the strongbox....

so alias set 407=prep 403\r cast\r (fill in the blank for a pause) prep 407\r cast \?\r

I didn't start this thread but I'd love to know what you fill in the blank with if anyone knows.

GSKynthelig
02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I believe last I heard pauses were not possible. But why not just make a script and the use an alias to the script if you really wanted?

Gustamantis
02-13-2009, 06:38 PM
yeah I just learned aliases the other day and have been going alias happy, i guess I can do a boring old script.

Silique
04-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Is there a way to have alias escape out of a script?

Beguiler
04-28-2009, 09:30 AM
...just learning to use Alias myself, I've used it mainly for travel. For movement I know alias <whatever>=goto ####, but how do you call a script from Alias?

Sean
04-28-2009, 10:40 AM
I've never bothered to do it but I assume it would be alias <whatever>=.script\r assuming it's a command prompt script.

Beguiler
04-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Thanks, Sean, I'll give that a try.

Donquix
04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
This won't fix your problem but incant 403\r will save you a line instead of prpe/cast

calling a script doesn't work in an alias because the alias is sending the command directly to the server, it's bypassing the stormfront client essentially. Thus your client never sees the .script command to know to execute the script.

This would be much easier with a script, especially since you could have it auto detect what is in your hands, and thus not even have to put in the argument for box, chest, etc.

Quick and dirty, doesn't check mana or anything and it might not even work! WHO KNOWS?

start:
match 407prep You gesture
match start Wait
put incant 403
matchwait

407prep:
pause 3
put prepare 407
match 407prep Wait
match boxmatch You gesture
put prepare 407
matchwait