PDA

View Full Version : Patch 3.09

Some Rogue
02-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Druid (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Ferocious Bite: This ability now only uses up to 30 energy in addition to its base cost.Hunter (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Kindred Spirits (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet damage at max rank.
Serpent’s Swiftness (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet attack speed at max rank.Pets
Lava Breath now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.
Poison Spit now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.Mage (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Arcane Power now increases damage and mana cost by 10%, cooldown reduced to 1 minute. (Note: The spell is actually different in game and increases damage and mana costs by 20% with a 2 minutes cooldown. However it would probably be better to wait until servers are online to confirm that.)
Arcane Power and Presence of Mind now share a category cooldown. Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.
Arcane Flows now reduces the cooldown of Presence of Mind, Arcane Power and Invisibility by 15/30%.
Presence of Mind: The cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes, (down from 3.)
Slow (Arcane): now increases cast time by 30%, down from 60%.Glyphs
Glyph of Arcane Missiles -- Increases the critical strike damage bonus of Arcane Missiles by 25%. (Old - Increases the range of Arcane Missiles by 5 yards.)
Glyph of Mana Gem -- Increases the mana recieved from using a mana gem by 40%. (Up from 10%)
Glyph of Arcane Blast -- Increases the damage from your Arcane Blast buff by 3%. (Down from 5%)Paladin (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
The duration on all Seals has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer dispelled.
Divine Plea: The amount healed by your spells is reduced by 50% (up from 20%) but the effect can no longer be dispelled.
Sanctified Seals: This talent no longer affects dispel resistance, but continues to affect crit chance.Glyphs
Glyph of Holy Light -- Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 8 yards of the initial target. (Down from 20 yards, Tooltip text fix, was already hotfixed to 8 yards in game)
Glyph of Seal of Righteousness -- Increases the damage done by Seal of Righteousness by 10%. (Old - Reduces the cost of your Judgement spells by 10% while Seal of Righteousness is active.)Priest (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Inner Fire duration has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer dispelled.Rogue (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Hunger for Blood (Assassination): Now increases damage 5% per stack, (up from 3%.)
Mind Numbing Poison now reduces cast time by 30%, down from 60%.
Mutilate damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned targets, down from 50%.
Slice and Dice: This ability now increases melee attack speed by 40%, up from 30%.Shaman (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Glyphs
Glyph of Windfury Weapon -- Increases the chance per swing for Windfury Weapon to trigger by 2%. (Down from 5%)Warlock (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
Curse of Tongues: Now increases the casting time of all spells by 25% (Rank 1) and 30% (Rank 2), down from 50% and 60%.Dungeons and Raids
The Obsidian Sanctum
Changed the color of the fissure in the Obsidian Sanctum to be more visually distinct.

User Interface
The “GM wishes to speak with you” alert/button, at the top of the screen, has been changed so that addons do not obscure it.
A clickable chat message has been added that duplicates the GM alert/button.
When a GM wishes to speak with you the Help Request minibar button will glow.
For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum .Bug Fixes
Fixed an issue where players using nVidia 3D glasses were unable to see spell cooldowns.
Fixed a software mouse cursor bug that was causing the mouse curser to disappear from view when over certain UI elements.
Fixed a player movement error in which other players were appearing to move erratically when traveling beside them.

Some Rogue
02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Rogue PvP nerf and a PvE buff. I can live with that heh.

Alfster
02-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Nothing really surprising about the mage changes either.

Trouble
02-09-2009, 11:38 AM
The Seal/InnerFire changes are nice. Where's the much-needed DK nerf?

g++
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
why do they bother with changes like the one to arcane power? Were making it half as effective but you can use it twice as often? If your 80+ raiding whats the fucking difference? I just have to click it more often for the same damage output.

Alfster
02-09-2009, 12:31 PM
It's a nerf to PVP damage.

g++
02-09-2009, 12:51 PM
It's a nerf to PVP damage.

I guess I could see that. Outside of arena its still gonna be a pretty ineffective nerf, in WG a good raid basically makes it a PvE fight, I guess you could run through the 15 dks and warriors to teach me a lesson for arcane blasting you but its prolly not gonna happen so whether im bursting or not barely matters. I dont do arena tho so maybe its a big deal to those guys.

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 01:29 PM
The Obsidian Sanctum
Changed the color of the fissure in the Obsidian Sanctum to be more visually distinct.

Now the melee REALLY have no excuse.

Keller
02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
The Seal/InnerFire changes are nice. Where's the much-needed DK nerf?

That inner fire buff is nice.

Too bad every other spells you cast while trying to run the fuck away from a rogue/warrior/DK is dispellable.

Keller
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
why do they bother with changes like the one to arcane power? Were making it half as effective but you can use it twice as often? If your 80+ raiding whats the fucking difference? I just have to click it more often for the same damage output.

Less burst? I don't know.

Some Rogue
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Now the melee REALLY have no excuse.

Yeah, other than 10 other people piled up all together with the hunter pets underneath A GIANT FUCKING DRAGON. Have you ever watched the hunter pet melee animation? It looks like a fissure.

Please, come stand with melee next time we do Sarth. :P

AnticorRifling
02-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah, other than 10 other people piled up all together with the hunter pets underneath A GIANT FUCKING DRAGON. Have you ever watched the hunter pet melee animation? It looks like a fissure.

Truth.

Not to mention the joys of DnD, desecration, anyone from ranged doing AoE, etc to help cloud the ground.

Playing both a DK and a tree I can say that while it's not hard to miss a fissure it is harder to see in melee range then back there by your lonesome in ranged world.

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
All I know is I never died as much as Nekk does on my rogue.

And holy shit, we were sloppy last night. Finished KT with only 4 people alive? lulz.

AnticorRifling
02-09-2009, 02:41 PM

And holy shit, we were sloppy last night. Finished KT with only 4 people alive? lulz.
I'm waiting for a raid zone that has the mechanics reversed and ranged does more dancing than melee. Until then you can't talk shit.

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Ummm, hi, what was that raid boss that had the rotating storm around the perimeter?

It doesn't matter anyways, if there was a perimeter mechanic, we'd just stack on the melee - you're limited by how far away you can be, we're not limited (except for huntards) by how close we can be.

AnticorRifling
02-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Ummm, hi, what was that raid boss that had the rotating storm around the perimeter?

It doesn't matter anyways, if there was a perimeter mechanic, we'd just stack on the melee - you're limited by how far away you can be, we're not limited (except for huntards) by how close we can be.
Which is why I'm waiting for a zone that makes ranged work harder than the melee. The tears will be epic. Give me a casting dead zone in melee range and a shit ton of avoidable damage that keeps you moving between casts 10-40yards.

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Now that would be amusing. I'd love that, keeping my dots up would be paramount!

Parkbandit
02-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Try tanking all the elemental adds and bitch about not being able to see a faint red affect underneath it all.

QQ less.

Parkbandit
02-09-2009, 02:59 PM

What happened?

I'm just OVERJOYED we're not raiding tonight. I hope my flu is over by Tuesday.. the new strat for Sarth +3 looks fun.

Some Rogue
02-09-2009, 03:31 PM
ROFL, I hardly ever die. Last night was an exception because a couple times I wast trying out a new macro for Tricks of the Trade and pushed it harder than I should have.

The biggest problem we had on KT was people not moving out of voids and then when the adds spawned, Deepinyou had them and bubbled for some reason and they ran all over the place killing people. I died just as the boss died there because there was like one healer up and adds all over the place.

Trouble
02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
You got links to WWS for GiG?

Some Rogue
02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Try tanking all the elemental adds and bitch about not being able to see a faint red affect underneath it all.

QQ less.

Did I say that was easy? I don't think I did. I said it was hard for all melee, that would include you dummy.

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
yeah, I went down about 10 seconds before we finished off KT. I couldn't see much cause there was a big ass bug in my face, but I was hitting what oh shit buttons spriests have (mainly fade, dispersion), and reapplying dots and hoping someone else was alive long enough to let the dots run their course.

Some Rogue
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
There's no WWS from last night which really pisses me off. I regemmed and re-enchanted my gear and I wanted to see how well I did. I know on Recount I was top 10 but I wanted the breakdown. :(

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Same, I re-gemmed, redid some equipment too, I wanted to see how it worked.

-TheE-

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Here's our Naxx minus the spider wing from last week though.

Most of our wipes were intentional wipes with the goal of getting some achievment.

http://wowwebstats.com/vegaroxa1t5bc

-TheE-

Some Rogue
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah PB. You missed Clawtimez crying again about not getting Sinister Revenge. I do think he had a little bit of a legitimate gripe this time though. It went to Lielane who probably won't even use it, isn't specced for it and who used a greed roll to take it over Claw who wanted to spend DKP.

Methais
02-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Nothing really surprising about the mage changes either.

I'm not all up in arms over the AP/PoM change like most mages are, and I'm glad they nerfed that instead of Arcane Barrage. The Slow nerf isn't too bad, as it's more effective vs. melee anyway.

Evocation is still on a 2m cooldown btw, for those wondering. They only listed what changed about Arcane Flows. Mages were freaking out on the forums saying they made arcane useless again by taking the Evocation cooldown reduction off that talent.

It's so they can nerf burst damage in PvP without gimping PvE damage. Blizzard has stated a lot that in Wotlk they don't want pvp nerfs to affect pve and vice versa, and they seem to be sticking to their word so far. Unlike Obama. :club:

AestheticDeath
02-09-2009, 06:55 PM
What are DKPs?

And what is the best damage meter addon I can get?

Parkbandit
02-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Oh yeah PB. You missed Clawtimez crying again about not getting Sinister Revenge. I do think he had a little bit of a legitimate gripe this time though. It went to Lielane who probably won't even use it, isn't specced for it and who used a greed roll to take it over Claw who wanted to spend DKP.

:rofl:

Damn, sorry to hear I missed that. He was going to /gquit after the last one

Parkbandit
02-09-2009, 07:01 PM
What are DKPs?

And what is the best damage meter addon I can get?

DKP is a system by which epic items are given away to the raid group. It only works when it's a guild only run though.

Best damage meter out there is probably Recount... but if you want details, you still need to use the website wowwebstats

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I think he had a point - he bid all, and Lielane greeded. She obviously didn't want it enough to greed it as she's sword spec, and it should have resolved in Claw's favor imo.

Methais
02-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah that sounds pretty dumb...how does greed roll > dkp in any situation?

TheEschaton
02-09-2009, 09:55 PM
The last time a dagger dropped, Nekk (who is mutilate and uses daggers) and Claw, our hunter, both wanted it. On an equal basis, even though Claw would have won based on dkp, our GLs decided daggers would go first priorty to rogues, and bows/guns to hunters. But I was under the impression that was on equal footing, not when the hunter bid alls on a dagger he wants and a rogue just greeds.

Methais
02-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Hunters are the exception just because they're gay and wanna roll on everything anyway.

How much of an upgrade was it for both of them?

Some Rogue
02-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Meh, who knows? I do think it probably should have went to Claw since he bid all his DKP and Lielane just greeded. Lielane is sword/maces spec so it wouldn't be immediately useable unless he respecced and since he's maces, I doubt he would just for that one dagger.

TheEschaton
02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Looks like this patch is happening today - DLing the patch right now. It's just a small one, 10.8 mb.

-TheE-

Some Rogue
02-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Dur?

TheEschaton
02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't dur me, sometimes they put up the next patch notes weeks before the actual patch.

Some Rogue
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Except I said it multiple times last night that it was happening today. There was posts on the officials it was happening today. There was a post on MMO-Champion that it was happening today. Lern2read. :P

TheEschaton
02-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry that the only gaming website I keep up on is this one. :P

Parkbandit
02-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Kindred Spirits (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet damage at max rank.
Serpent’s Swiftness (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet attack speed at max rank.

I was thinking about respeccing Falgrin to BM again with these changes, but after last night and how impossible it is to keep your pet alive for most boss fights, I think I'll stick with survival for a little while longer. Maybe 3.1 will be the right time.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2009, 12:32 PM
I was thinking about respeccing Falgrin to BM again with these changes, but after last night and how impossible it is to keep your pet alive for most boss fights, I think I'll stick with survival for a little while longer. Maybe 3.1 will be the right time. It's impossible if you just set it to attack and then start facerolling your pewpew buttons. You still have to micro manage your pet. If I can keep my ghoul alive you can keep your walking fur coat alive.

Parkbandit
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
It's impossible if you just set it to attack and then start facerolling your pewpew buttons. You still have to micro manage your pet. If I can keep my ghoul alive you can keep your walking fur coat alive.

Once you play a hunter, maybe you'll understand. Continue to face roll your DK though.. it's real difficult to 2 button him.

Some Rogue
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Doesn't avoidance stop like 75% of AoE damage for your pet?

Parkbandit
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Doesn't avoidance stop like 75% of AoE damage for your pet?

Take Saph last night.. I couldn't heal my pet to counter the amount of damage he was taking and he ended up dying. I'm wasting my mana/time even trying to keep him up. Healers have a difficult time enough trying to keep the raid up taking 1K hits per second to even think about throwing a HoT on my pet.

I'm trying to level up my boar (since I'm no longer BM spec) and I'm going to try putting more armor/health/resistances on him to try survive that fight... but he's only 76 right now.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Once you play a hunter, maybe you'll understand. Continue to face roll your DK though.. it's real difficult to 2 button him.
While a DK isn't hard to play just like any other class it's hard to play well. I guess I could cast sequence my stuff for 2 button play but right now my rotation is PS-IT-BS-BS-RPD(generally DCs)-PS-IT-IT-IT-IT-RPD(generally gargoyle) with HB thrown into RPD when rime procs.

Regardles how is a hunter pet different than a ghoul in damage and keeping it alive? Or do I have the advantage because I'm in melee with my pet?

Ignot
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm no WoW expert and I admit most of the time I don't even know what you guys are talking about but I would think it would be hard to keep a pet alive against bosses and such if you aren't spec'd BM.

Parkbandit
02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
While a DK isn't hard to play just like any other class it's hard to play well. I guess I could cast sequence my stuff for 2 button play but right now my rotation is PS-IT-BS-BS-RPD(generally DCs)-PS-IT-IT-IT-IT-RPD(generally gargoyle) with HB thrown into RPD when rime procs.

Regardles how is a hunter pet different than a ghoul in damage and keeping it alive? Or do I have the advantage because I'm in melee with my pet?

I don't know the differences between DKs and Hunter pets, since I only played a DK briefly in beta. It would be foolish for me to pass judgement on how you play with your pet, since I have no experience in doing so.

Oh wait.. you've never played a hunter. Weird. :P

Some Rogue
02-10-2009, 12:53 PM
All pets get resistance equal to their level. Greater resistance talent gives you 9% reduced damage from spells, then Avoidance reduces AoE damage by 75%...I would think a BM hunter would easily keep up their pet unless I am missing something. Does Sapph's aura not count as an AoE spell?

Parkbandit
02-10-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm no WoW expert and I admit most of the time I don't even know what you guys are talking about but I would think it would be hard to keep a pet alive against bosses and such if you aren't spec'd BM.

Even BM spec, it's still difficult on some boss fights, if not impossible.

I miss the 2 piece T5 bonus: Causes your pet to be healed for 15% of the damage you deal.

Parkbandit
02-10-2009, 12:55 PM
All pets get resistance equal to their level. Greater resistance talent gives you 9% reduced damage from spells, then Avoidance reduces AoE damage by 75%...I would think a BM hunter would easily keep up their pet unless I am missing something. Does Sapph's aura not count as an AoE spell?

No, it's a debuff since the range is the entire room.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't know the differences between DKs and Hunter pets, since I only played a DK briefly in beta. It would be foolish for me to pass judgement on how you play with your pet, since I have no experience in doing so.

Oh wait.. you've never played a hunter. Weird. :P

And your beta DK was spec'd like a mouth breather when I got ahold of him so back at ya :)

My hunter is lvl 20, he's a pimp.

I would think the BM hunter would have the advantage with pets, you still have to micro manage the shit out of it but it should have more survivability than my ghoul.

Hell just looking at the WWS posted in this thread from one of your raids I see that Mogul had to summon 14 different ghouls.

Reminds me I need to start running WWS again.

Ignot
02-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Even BM spec, it's still difficult on some boss fights, if not impossible.

Is that what happens at the end game? If so that sucks cause if my pet dies I die. Right now my pet is 72 and he almost never dies, God forbid he does he comes back to life instantly. I haven't played the hunter in a good month, are the changes that bad?

TheEschaton
02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Hunters are top dps in the game right now, so no.

g++
02-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Is that what happens at the end game? If so that sucks cause if my pet dies I die. Right now my pet is 72 and he almost never dies, God forbid he does he comes back to life instantly. I haven't played the hunter in a good month, are the changes that bad?

erm I think sapp is a particularly hard one because of what PB said...he pulses damage on everyone constantly and pets are obviously low on the totem pole for heals. I dont see hunters pets dieng often...even when they do its not the end of the world, its pretty rare that we finish a boss without a party member eating dirt, no one loses their shit when a wolf goes down, at least not in my groups.

Parkbandit
02-10-2009, 01:08 PM

It's strickly in end game. I have no issues grinding away with my pet. Hell, I barely ever have to heal him unless he's tanking an elite. I'm not sure why you would die if your pet died though.. just FD or kite the mob you are killing.

Methais
02-10-2009, 01:17 PM

Wouldn't your dps be higher spamming Scourge/Heart Strike instead of 4x Icy Touch? I'm guessing you're not frost since you're dumping your RP with death coil.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Wouldn't your dps be higher spamming Scourge/Heart Strike instead of 4x Icy Touch? I'm guessing you're not frost since you're dumping your RP with death coil.

Nope. Dual Wield hybrid. PvE DPS spec. 4x Icy Touch is where the money is made. It's too bad some of the DKs that use the 32/39 spec don't see it because they're gimping themselves. Right now I'm a 44/27 I wanted to see how it compared given we already have a 32/39 dk in the raid. I'll be going back to 32/39 the only difference is I won't pick up Crypt Fever with the 39th point. Since, as it stands now, only one instance of Crypt Fever can be on a target at a time I'll let the other DK get it and I'll put it in utility like 8% raid movement speed form 1/2 Unholy Aura.

Methais
02-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Nope. Dual Wield hybrid. PvE DPS spec. 4x Icy Touch is where the money is made. It's too bad some of the DKs that use the 32/39 spec don't see it because they're gimping themselves. Right now I'm a 44/27 I wanted to see how it compared given we already have a 32/39 dk in the raid. I'll be going back to 32/39 the only difference is I won't pick up Crypt Fever with the 39th point. Since, as it stands now, only one instance of Crypt Fever can be on a target at a time I'll let the other DK get it and I'll put it in utility like 8% raid movement speed form 1/2 Unholy Aura.

Link your spec I might check it out. I haven't even tried dual wielding on my DK yet.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2009, 01:30 PM
This is the 0/32/39 dual wield build that's raping the meters. Again you can only have 1 instances of crypt fever on a target so if you've got a full unholy DK or another 32/39 in the raid whoever hits first gets it.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZG0ex0xbRhoZf0hhxckxcq0do

Rotation is Ps-IT-BS-BS-RPD-PS-IT-IT-IT-IT-RPD The first half of the rotation is the setup ( using Blood Strike to convert your blood runes to death runes) the second half is the pain. This also leaves an unholy rune free to refresh bone shield as needed without robbing from your rotation. You want to shoot for 360 hit (prett sure that's the magic number).

If you armory me I'm in my tank gear at the moment but I'll get a log out in PvE DPS gear so you can see.

Nieninque
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Fixed a player movement error in which other players were appearing to move erratically when traveling beside them.

Thank fuck for that.
Did my head in, so it did.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Thank fuck for that.
Did my head in, so it did.

Wink's as good as a nod, what with the blimey sheep tossers, the pikey's and there caravans and the lot. Eh eh?!

TheEschaton
02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Maintainance extended by 2 hours, bastards.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Fuckers now it's down another til 1pm.

Ignot
02-10-2009, 02:44 PM
just FD or kite the mob you are killing.

Feign Death? And I don't know what kite the mob means. I need to L2play.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2009, 02:48 PM

Kite = Pretend the mob is a kite and you've got the string, run around never letting it get to you while you do damage. You've got abilities that allow you to slow the mob down so you can gain distance and continue shooting it. A hunter's bread and butter is being far away and killing, not going toe to toe.

Some Rogue
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Feign Death is a skill you get at 30ish I think. You...wait for it...pretend you're dead, the mob drops aggro and resets (unless it resists your feign.)

g++
02-10-2009, 03:00 PM

You werent doing heroic UP on Nazjatar last night were you?

j/k

Deadelf
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm not real happy with the down tweak to mulitate. (mutters) Not that I was playing my rogue all that much anymore anyhow but it does put another nail in the coffin as to my playing him.

Some Rogue
02-10-2009, 04:42 PM
It's only a pvp nerf. Who cares? :P

Methais
02-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Arcane Power is 20% increased damage now. I thought Blizzard said they nerfed it down to 10%? Not that I'm complaining or anything.

TheEschaton
02-11-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Sarth 3D is gonna break up our guild. :P

Nieninque
02-11-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm not real happy with the down tweak to mulitate. (mutters) Not that I was playing my rogue all that much anymore anyhow but it does put another nail in the coffin as to my playing him.

Poor you.

It must be really hard knowing that you cannot now continuously incapacitate someone with 25k+ health from full health to dead without them being able to do anything at all about it. Your enjoyment of the game must really be suffering as a result.

Boo fucking hoo.

Any arcane mages QQing can fuck off and die too.
Painfully.
In a gutter.

TheEschaton
02-11-2009, 01:31 PM
I was being continuously ganked by a druid the other day, Nien, and I thought it was you, til I realized I was on an alt that you probably don't know.

Nieninque
02-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Dont play a great deal at the moment and rarely play my druid. Levelling up my shaman.

I rarely camp anyone anyway. The only exceptions to that would be in revenge for (a) camper(s). rarely would I waste my time repeatedly killing someone. No fun. Sometimes kill on the way through someplace, or if I am fighting in an area where horde are doing the same thing and subsequently killing my mobs and making my job more lengthy, I would kill htem until they left, otherwise I dont see much fun in sitting in the same place killing someone over and over...especially if it is no challenge.

TheEschaton
02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Believe me, killing me is no challenge.

Nieninque
02-11-2009, 01:50 PM
I know.
What class were you playing?

TheEschaton
02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
A mage.

Frost nova'd, blinked, etc, but they just switched between forms. It was disaster.

Methais
02-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Any arcane mages QQing can fuck off and die too.
Painfully.
In a gutter.

Arcane mages could 2-shot people.

People could (and still can) 2-shot arcane mages.

Where's the imbalance again?

When shapeshift has a cooldown, they can put a cooldown on Slow.

DeV
02-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Hunters are top dps in the game right now, so no.
Skilled.
Geared.
Survival.

If you aren't those things you aren't topping the dps charts.
Sorry BM hunters, but we had it coming. I haven't heard much QQ'ing this time around.

Some Rogue
02-11-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm pretty sure Sarth 3D is gonna break up our guild. :P

No, it's gonna be his retarded mod that tells people they failed but doesn't take into account that it was already a wipe or they were running for the exit or it registers you getting hit twice by the same thing....

Just sayin.

Parkbandit
02-11-2009, 02:42 PM
No, it's gonna be his retarded mod that tells people they failed but doesn't take into account that it was already a wipe or they were running for the exit or it registers you getting hit twice by the same thing....

Just sayin.

Dude, you hit those things almost as much as Claw.

-Notintop10

Some Rogue
02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Dude, you hit those things almost as much as Claw.

-Notintop10

Can't get hit by a void if you're dead already.

Parkbandit
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Can't get hit by a void if you're dead already.

Well, as a tank.. if I'm ensuring that I don't die of zones or flame waves.. then it's the healer's fault if I die.

I have to say though.. my healer, Amped, was rockin' last night.

Which rogue was doing the un-enrage poison last night?

Some Rogue
02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Q and Lielane both were I think.

Parkbandit
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Q and Lielane both were I think.

I don't understand why a hunter couldn't do it to be honest.. it would be far easier as long as tranq works.

A rogue has to run after it, hit it, run back to the drake they are on... a hunter has to target, fire md/tranq, return to drake target.

Some Rogue
02-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I don't understand why a hunter couldn't do it to be honest.. it would be far easier as long as tranq works.

A rogue has to run after it, hit it, run back to the drake they are on... a hunter has to target, fire md/tranq, return to drake target.

Nah, it probably is easier for rogues now with Fan of Knives. They can hit multiple targets with one button.

Trouble
02-11-2009, 04:32 PM

Maybe because Tranq still has a CD (right?) where the rogue could try again next melee for a resist?

Some Rogue
02-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Fan of Knives
50 Energy
Instant Requires Melee Weapon

Instantly throw both weapons at all targets within 8 yards, causing 150% weapon damage with daggers, and 100% weapon damage with all other weapons.

And it procs the poisons.

Nieninque
02-12-2009, 03:24 AM
Arcane mages could 2-shot people.

People could (and still can) 2-shot arcane mages.

Maybe arcane mages with shit gear.
Suck that shit up.
They should get some gear (which really isnt hard to get), have a bit of stam and then work on the skill.

Where's the imbalance again?

The imbalance is in shitty players with shit gear being able to two shot (or close to two shot) fairly well geared players who can play a bit.

When shapeshift has a cooldown, they can put a cooldown on Slow.

Apples and oranges...you should say "when concussive shot has a cooldown, they ca..." oh wait...

Methais
02-12-2009, 04:06 AM
Apples and oranges...you should say "when concussive shot has a cooldown, they ca..." oh wait...

Was just getting that in before you started QQing about Slow like everyone else.

g++
02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Maybe arcane mages with shit gear.
Suck that shit up.
They should get some gear (which really isnt hard to get), have a bit of stam and then work on the skill.

When you get hit for 7K every 2 seconds by a geared dk I really dont think your gonna +stam your way out of the problem. The real solution is an increase in your staying the fuck away from people stat. Im still rocking in WG the changes dont effect me at all....even when someone does notice im wailing on them I can waste 30 seconds of there time blinking around and ice blocking to the point where they usually either get killed by another raid member or get so frustrated they run away. I would be pissed if I was doing arena...but I dont.

Nieninque
02-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Was just getting that in before you started QQing about Slow like everyone else.

I dont mind the slow spam, its the arcane blast or whatever it is spam that pisses me off.

When you get hit for 7K every 2 seconds by a geared dk...

a) DK's are a hero class.
b) The operative in there is "geared". Anyone geared should be able to deal damage. If you have 14k HP or less, expect to get two-shotted...often.

g++
02-12-2009, 12:00 PM
expect to get two-shotted...often.

Have to catch me first. :)

Nieninque
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Have to catch me first. :)

Were I playing my druid, that would be fairly simple...but I havent seriously played my druid for a couple of months so you are safe ;)

Methais
02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I dont mind the slow spam, its the arcane blast or whatever it is spam that pisses me off.

QQ
Suck that shit up.

Nieninque
02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Right...as if it wasnt enough that talentless fucks were able to spam ice lance, now they gave them something else equally skill-less

g++
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Right...as if it wasnt enough that talentless fucks were able to spam ice lance, now they gave them something else equally skill-less

LOL you have such an obvious double standard. It takes just as much (if not more) effort to get the spell power gear required to double tap blast+barrage for 10k+ as it does to get Loken's axe on heroic and slam people for 7K after you get-over-here. How much talent does it take to throw anti-magic shield up and run around right clicking people? Were geared, your geared....were both gonna die fast seems pretty simple. Your under the impression you have somehow worked harder for your damage.

Methais
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
LOL you have such an obvious double standard. It takes just as much (if not more) effort to get the spell power gear required to double tap blast+barrage for 10k+ as it does to get Loken's axe on heroic and slam people for 7K after you get-over-here. How much talent does it take to throw anti-magic shield up and run around right clicking people? Were geared, your geared....were both gonna die fast seems pretty simple. Your under the impression you have somehow worked harder for your damage.

Rock: Scissors is fine, nerf paper.

Nieninque
02-12-2009, 04:10 PM

No double standard at all.
I dont play a DK.
I never will play a DK. I think they were a ridiculous class to introduce to the game, however they are a HERO class. They are supposed to be OP. Hence the "hero" part of "hero class".
I dont like them and I dont think they add anything to the game. It wouldnt be so bad if they required a decent level of skill to be able to kill shit, but they dont.
I also have no objection to being killed (even two-shotted) by talented and geared toons of any class. My objection is the two-button spamming, talentless fucks that can destroy shit with no skill, shit gear and no effort. It's why I hated noob mastery hunters, mutilate rogues, ret noobs etc. At least make it so people have to work at it in some way. Two button spamming fucks should be shot.

Methais
02-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Please enlighten us on how to play properly. Clearly using the abilities Blizzard put into the game makes me a noob, but when you win it's pure skill.

The other classes you're QQing about all have much greater survivability than an arcane mage, and equal or higher dps.

QQ.

g++
02-12-2009, 04:16 PM
No double standard at all.
I dont play a DK.
I never will play a DK. I think they were a ridiculous class to introduce to the game, however they are a HERO class. They are supposed to be OP. Hence the "hero" part of "hero class".
I dont like them and I dont think they add anything to the game. It wouldnt be so bad if they required a decent level of skill to be able to kill shit, but they dont.
I also have no objection to being killed (even two-shotted) by talented and geared toons of any class. My objection is the two-button spamming, talentless fucks that can destroy shit with no skill, shit gear and no effort. It's why I hated noob mastery hunters, mutilate rogues, ret noobs etc. At least make it so people have to work at it in some way. Two button spamming fucks should be shot.

A mage is gonna turn 80 with a spell power of around 1000 if they have not done heroics for gear....to cause the kind of infuriating criticals people bitch about you need 1.8k-2k+ spell power and a raid critical rate over 30%. If your getting slammed for 10k your eating a blast and a barrage simultaneously by someone who has gone to the trouble to increase their spell power and critical strike rating substantially. Just saying we work hard too.

Ignot
02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I never will play a DK.

I thought the beginning storyline was alot of fun. You should at least give it a try just for that. I don't really see where "skill" comes into play other then just paying attention and clicking the right button. You build a character with talents and use spells/skills/etc. I could understand if you build a shitty character but the act of clicking buttons is pretty much all there is, unless I'm doing it wrong.

Nieninque
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Please enlighten us on how to play properly. Clearly using the abilities Blizzard put into the game makes me a noob, but when you win it's pure skill.

Please forgive me. I forgot Blizzard would never make a mistake with something they introduce to the game.

Methais
02-12-2009, 04:24 PM
You act like the only thing that requires skill is the class you're playing.

Most things in WoW don't require much skill, in case you missed the past 4 years.