PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Slider
02-09-2004, 07:23 AM
What are yours in game? What is it that drives you nuts when someone does it?

Mine is people who either choose a race &/or diety that just don't go togethor. Like the Grot'Karesh giantman that worships Luukos, or that Dhe'nar wearing the symbol of <insert evil diety name here>. Of course, the same could be said for just about any dark elven sorc out there. Why is it evey new sorc in the game decides that they are the next coming of Luukos or Sheru? Annoys the hell outta me.

crazymage
02-09-2004, 08:16 AM
Poor People.

Warriorbird
02-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Runes. "Fae items". Fluffy bright angels. People who obsess about Highlander gear yet knock the Erithian stuff. Braindead Aelotoi. People who are eggregiously out of genre/period.

Edaarin
02-09-2004, 08:25 AM
People who ask a million questions and then don't buy something.

CrystalTears
02-09-2004, 08:30 AM
People who wag their tails, fly around on broomsticks, flutter their wings and sprinkle fairy dust so that they can fly.

StrayRogue
02-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Dhe'nar who hug you. People who never turn off their fucking tone. People who use terms like OMG, OMW, WTF, TTM, AS, DS. People who use emotes in thoughts like ::looks at his shoes::

crazymage
02-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Edaarin.

Kia
02-09-2004, 09:29 AM
Stupid people.

That holds true in and out of game.

KIA.

Parkbandit
02-09-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Dhe'nar who hug you. People who never turn off their fucking tone. People who use terms like OMG, OMW, WTF, TTM, AS, DS. People who use emotes in thoughts like ::looks at his shoes::

The beginning of my list right there. Here's the rest Strayrogue forgot:

-People who can't distinguish between in game and real life. When Falgrin calls your character a skany, filthy little whore.. he's NOT talking about you the player. he's talking about the character you whore around town. Complaining about it on PSInet's OOC channel isn't the place. The fact that you don't do that in real life means shit to Falgrin or me the player. If you don't want him to call your character a slut.. then keep your character's legs closed for a change.

-People who talk about game mechanics and numbers as if that IS roleplaying.

-Giantmen warriors that come to the park asking for wizzies to cast massies because that would be peachie.

-People who don't even try to mask the fact that they are MAing.

-People who go afk with their character in the park... loaded to the hilt with gems, amulets, coins and wands.. and then bitch about how the stealing mechanics are completely in favor of the thiefs and that thieves ruin their fun. Buy a clue.

-Characters with stupid names... like Angelwings, Deathbringer, Killyoubitch, etc...

I have more.. but I'm only working on my first cup of coffee.

Miss X
02-09-2004, 09:58 AM
The whole I am a dark elven sorcerer therefore I am evil so you must fear me thing.

Does anyone else find it weird that people who worship Voln would be really good friends with someone who worships Luukos? I think its fucking stupid, my voln cleric wouldnt go near a luukosian, same as my rogue who worships Arachne would only befriend someone who worships the Huntress to stab them in the back.

Something that really pisses me off is people that think they are really fucking cool cos they have killed a few people. No sorry, you aren't cool you are a fucking dickhead, please go and play DR the Fallen. This doesn't apply to people that kill for a valid reason btw, just the idiots that do it for kicks.

Whoa, feel the anger today, I think I need to take a valium.

CrystalTears
02-09-2004, 10:02 AM
People who play dark elves and use it as their excuse to be jerks. "I'm a dark elf, I'm supposed to be mean."

Miss X
02-09-2004, 10:03 AM
omg yeah something about PsiNet that pisses me off, I had a disagreement with someone on there, its an OOC chat so I wasnt discussing it as Chica I was discussing it as Vicky, so then this guy starts saying 'I bet you will come and cast at me and kill me in game etc'. Im like, er no I wouldnt even aknowledge you in game let alone cast at you.

peam
02-09-2004, 10:07 AM
People who play HALFLING EATING DHE'NARS OF DOOM!!!! and get pissed, after I drop them quick for threatening to eat one of my characters.

crazymage
02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
oo. Dark Elfs in General, And Dwarfs..hobbits..half-breeds gnomes..winged freaks...krolvin.

Soulpieced
02-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Peons.

Shalla
02-09-2004, 10:21 AM
What irritates Shalla my character, and Shalla the player.

Idiots who kills off glaes soldiers and blows up everybody.
Idiot pickers who does boxes way out of their limit in town.
Skipping high lords and ladies.. great lords and ladies.. and anybody with a title.
Idiots who whines and complains about being stolen from in the east tower, when they flaunt and open their boxes' treasures there.
Starsnuffer.
Forgetting my eye was wandering around and losing it.
Losing my Gs3 Über strength, dexterity and reflexes.
Bad fashion sense. Wearing lots and lots of ribbons, pins, hats, wearing 2 or 3 more items of the same kind.

I'm sure there's more but I'm suddenly feeling lazy.

LilHellcat
02-09-2004, 10:41 AM
Thieves who steal from you, then when you catch them they try to kill you. If you steal dammit be prepared to have your ass handed to you in most cases.

People who start shit then when you beat the hell out of them report you for killing them.

People who believe all dark elfs either have to be dhenar or Faendryl (I refuse to choose either)

Elitist racist pricks in game who think they are better than everyone else based on a race. Only exception The Edine. My sorceress sees him as "moon touched" (hehehe sorry )

Those who think they are special because they've been there for years. Yeah so have I it proves what? We have no lives.

People who sleep around in game then claim they don't when they get busted turn it into you all hate me type deal.

People who practically screw in public. Hugging kissing occasionally is fine but I DO NOT want to watch you concieve your first child , get a room.

People who think having lots of silver in game make them awesome. You more than likely stole it, bought it off ebay, or hunt and do nothing other than that or merchant. I don't care if you have it, maybe I'd like to have it someday but really it makes you no more special than anyone else besides making everyone avoid auctions.

Toy in general I wanna slap her repeatedly.

Wow, thats alot.

(Edited it to shorten it)

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by LilHellcat]

StrayRogue
02-09-2004, 11:00 AM
The entire fact that half of Solhaven hangs out together, yet are dire enemies when it comes to Quest time. Chica touched on something similar to this.

Falgrin also made a great point about people who bring OOG stuff IG and vice versa.

Another good point that was made was people begging for spells.

And people who think they are good because they have been here since the game was created.

[Edited on 9-2-04 by StrayRogue]

02-09-2004, 11:09 AM
Fucktards who start\talk shit then wanna run to the gms when things don't go their way.

02-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Also, fucktards who've played the game for 1.5 years and are already lvl 83 with about 100 mil in the bank who think they are the shit because they've demonstrated that they have no semblence of a social life and can only feel superior inside a text based role-playing game.

Edaarin
02-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Fucktards who are level 33 in the game, broke as a joke, and spend hours a day browsing bash.org

And are named Daniel.

Galleazzo
02-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Yippee, where to start.

- Fucking halflings and tarts. I wish I could take the dickwads who came up with that and punch them in their shriveled up nuts.

- "Can I have an empuff fix my owies?" Can you fucking grow up? What the hell is this, Gemstone: The Teletubbies?

- That it's okay to be a Highlander and not a samurai.

- Classic scenario: Player A cheats on Significant Other B to bang Cutie C. Cutie C goes off and humps AlsoCutie D. Player A finds out and goes ballistic. Player A is a fucking hypocrite.

- Yeah, I fucking get it, your a Dark Elf Sorceror Who Is Scary And Dark And I Should Fear Your Evil. Big whoop, there are seven hundred guys just like you, besides which I can blow you to kingdom come. The original patron saint of this in Gemstone was Starshadow, who could roleplay pretty good when she wasn't trying to impress you with how you would surely drown in her erotic evil and be consumed by her if she lifted her finger. She was a joke then and they're all jokes now. Get over yourselves already.

- Bobmuthol.

Latrinsorm
02-09-2004, 11:22 AM
People who say how much they bought an item for or how much a bardsong says it's worth when they're trying to sell it.

How the one or two times a month I die there's never a vulture around. I LIVE IN THE LANDING FOR A REASON, DAMNIT!

Lol.

GM's.

02-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Fucktards who are level 70 who change their weapon style every fucking day and bother you with idiotic questions about voln all the time, and then bother you incessently because your a day late on paying back 300k when they have 101mil in the bank.

Named Vinh Aka the Resident PC faggot.

Galleazzo
02-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
People who say how much they bought an item for or how much a bardsong says it's worth when they're trying to sell it.
Heh. That's happened to me. I tell 'em, "Good luck finding someone who'll give you that then."

StrayRogue
02-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Fucking faggots who post on board and use AIM names to hassle others without giving their character name.

[Edited on 9-2-04 by StrayRogue]

Parkbandit
02-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Ok.. couple more:

-Anyone that sells a mystery note or mystery bag.

-Anyone that bids or buys a mystery note or mystery bag.

-Anyone in the scam that exclaims over the net, "I just bought the last mystery note from him and I made an extra 2 million silvers!"

On to thief pet peeves:

Lilhellcat posted: "Thieves who steal from you, then when you catch them they try to kill you. If you steal dammit be prepared to have your ass handed to you in most cases."

I agree.. unless the mark thinks the thief is a weakling and attacks the thief for stealing the last 17 silvers from their pocket.. and when they realize they would have a better shot of winning the lottery than to harm the thief.. does a quick WARN INTERACTION instead of roleplaying it out.

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by Parkbandit]

02-09-2004, 11:47 AM
The warn verb

StrayRogue
02-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
The warn verb

Heh, spot on.

Caiylania
02-09-2004, 12:35 PM
People who ruin any attempts at RP
IE: Greetings, I'm Caiylania.
-I know I can see that
OIY!

Pretty much the stuff everyone else has mentioned.

Full sized swords/weapons being drawn from ankle/wrist/etc sheaths

Ewthanasia. Just seeing him bothers me. Seeing him at my friends tables almost puts me into convulsions.

Keeping inventory in order. Layering needs to be released *soon*

People who get coveted merchant spots and then sell the crap first chance they can get.

And I agree about the 'if you can be a highlander image why not a samurai type?' Gemstone is based in Medieval, but once you open up one image type its hard to say no to the rest (valid ones I mean)

Out of genre clothes. Boas, top hats, ties, etc.......

People pretending to be newbies to get free stuff. It's hard to tell, but the one time I got faced with it (i hope just the once) they slipped and said something to someone they should never have known. :flamed:

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by Caiylania]

Iriscience
02-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Other peoples inventory bothers you?

Fallen
02-09-2004, 12:42 PM
- Players that select a cultural title for their character and never roleplay said culture.

- OOG speech and abbreviations

- "ies"

- Empuffs

- Thieves

Caiylania
02-09-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Iriscience
Other peoples inventory bothers you?

No, how people do their own doesn't bother me. I like being listed head to toe though and it is hard to keep stuff in order all the time so I end up letting it go for awhile and then redoing it later.

Shalla
02-09-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm anal when it comes to head to toe thing.

Pallon
02-09-2004, 01:37 PM
-Shitheads leading huge hunting groups that stroll into a room and obliterate everything without bothering to check if someone not in their group was already there

-People that wordlessly run in and out of the room I'm in a hundred times like a fucking gimp on speed when I'm trying to concentrate

-MOVEMENT SASHAY. enough said

Sweets
02-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Most of what everyone has touched on so far.

-ies anywhere but where they really should be.

-stupid euphanisms ie, I have 20 pages till I train.

-Lousy spelling and grammer. I can deal with mistakes...but make an effort.

-No thought put into your character be it stereotypical darkelfsorc or a bearhugging Dhe'nar. Research, think, react appropriately. Some people make the tart loving halfling work. Some are just to shallow to do anything.

-Idiots that buy Lords/Ladies and call everyone a newbie who carries mithril.

-People who slam roleplay while in a roleplay game. I was called a loser for roleplaying....geeesh.

-I have a 10x longsword for 10 mill ttm. *pokes miika* *Licks* all in thought.

-People who blather on about roleplaying but once they get involved can't handle it. If you are roleplaying with a character that is a jerk......well.....why the hell take it personally? If they are pissing you off....congratulate them.

Shalla
02-09-2004, 01:56 PM
I also want to add presumpteous schmucks.

Methais
02-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Vif.

Mint
02-09-2004, 02:21 PM
People who cut me off in traffic. Oh, in game you mean? Hm, people who hug and kiss me when theyve just met me. Thus the cold demeanor and useage of the befriend list for those I wish to hug and kiss on me.

edited to add: oh and do NOT ask me to change my demeanor out loud. Not even in a whisper cause I don't want to have to say 'no' cause I KNOW you will take it personally.

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by Mint]

Galleazzo
02-09-2004, 02:39 PM
It's okay, Mint. I'll just blow you kisses from a distance.

Mm, can I add a couple?

- Tee Tee Emm. Is this fucking Western Union and you're getting charged per letter? Never mind that what the hell, would I NOT think to you back if I wanted to bid on your crummy item if you didn't personally invite me? Frigging GS sheep mentality. I bet some people don't even know what TTM stands for, except they think they're supposed to stick it at the end of an item offer on the net.

- Auction thinking on the grey net. If you don't know which net is which, you got no business auctioning on the amunet.

- "U" as a word meaning "you." The price of a "U" is a deed, I feel.

Miss X
02-09-2004, 02:42 PM
One thing about demeanor pisses me off: People who have cold demeanor and ask me for healing, I try and I cant. It fucking narks me. If you have cold demeanor please dont ask me for healing, I have neither the time or the inclination to ask you to change demeanor so I'll just watch you bleed to death. kthx

Mint
02-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
One thing about demeanor pisses me off: People who have cold demeanor and ask me for healing, I try and I cant. It fucking narks me. If you have cold demeanor please dont ask me for healing, I have neither the time or the inclination to ask you to change demeanor so I'll just watch you bleed to death. kthx

I am an empath so I never ask for healing but I understand why it would tick you off.

Mint
02-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
It's okay, Mint. I'll just blow you kisses from a distance.

This asshole is a pet peeve of mine oh but we are talking in game....

Galleazzo
02-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Aw, you're only saying that because you want me and are being maidenly demure over it, my Mint.

Mint
02-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Aw, you're only saying that because you want me and are being maidenly demure over it, my Mint.

Go jump off a bridge.

Miss X
02-09-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Mint

Originally posted by Miss X

I am an empath so I never ask for healing but I understand why it would tick you off.

Eeek, I wasnt aiming that at you hon, it just reminded me of something I hate about demeanor! :heart:

Mint
02-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Mint :heart: Miss X

Mint
02-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Mint

Go jump off a bridge.

Sell tickets too. Leave your heirs wealthy.

Galleazzo
02-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Oh, that's alright, sweet Mint, I'll name you my heir.

Methais
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
<<-Lousy spelling and grammer. I can deal with mistakes...but make an effort. >>

Grammar. Sorry I can't resist in context like that :P

- Augie

- People who try to RP gay characters

- People with thick skulls that whine constantly about how everyone's against them, yet completely ignore any advice they're given

- People who "leave the lands" 300 times a year and make a big deal about it everytime

- People who advertise "Leaving the lands" auctions. If someone wants to buy your shit, they'll buy it because they want it, not because you're leaving, fucko.

- Klaive

- Gullman's sig on the official boards -- Doing a great job Simu!

- People who just don't "get it" when it comes to hunting, then cry about how things are so unfair cause they die all the time

- Idiot staff members and mentors who know next to nothing about the game

- Mentors who are normally OOC idiot snerts that happened to have a clean record when they applied to be a mentor

- Completely useless spells being implemented (i.e. Ice Patch)

- People incorporating actions into speech:

Joedork says, "Hi there!" as he slowly adjusts his sorcerer's hat etched with the image of death and demons and other scary shit. "My name is Joedork, who are you?" he says as he glares down upon you with his uber evil sorcerer eyes."

- People who "say" LOL. This is why we have things like the LAUGH verb

- Warden

- People who use sales pitches when they're on the net and end up sounding like a used car salesman...

Homoshit [subdued]: "Tired of having your silver stolen? Sick of having your gems lifted? Come on by today to Homoshit's Merchant Mountain and buy one of these thief needles today for *****ONLY 50k****! Only while supplies last! They're going quick so you'd better hurry!"

- Uska leaving (ok it's not a pet peeve but it still sucks)

- People who count down the seconds until the next "con" gathering like a 6 year old kid counting down the days until Christmas. (Only 165 days, 13 hours, 12 minutes and 42 seconds left until Simucon!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Get a life.

- The Golden Kobold folder

- People who think they're ninjas

- People who base 99% of their RP on some stupid item....like a tart cutter

- People who have 57285720 of the same tattoo or item

- Mine carts

- The Glaesen Star schedule

- Signatures with 300 different quotes

- Other shit

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by Methais]

Pallon
02-09-2004, 05:37 PM
I actually slipped on one of those ice patches once

CrystalTears
02-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Uska leaving?! Yeah that definitely sucks. :grr:

Iriscience
02-09-2004, 05:45 PM
Whats Gullman's sig say?

CrystalTears
02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
- Gullman's sig on the official boards -- Doing a great job Simu!

Yeah his nose is really brown right about now.

Iriscience
02-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Oh I see.

What a fuck.

DeV
02-09-2004, 05:54 PM
My biggest pet peeze is complaining ass bitches that come to the boards to report on every fucking stupid ass thing that happens to them in game.
I can't stand whiny ass motherfuckers and sometimes when I see the complaints section I just want to vomit from the stench of the piles of shit that people place there just to make themselves feel better or feel special in some warped way about their puny little lives.
Next to that its players who know they are losers in real life but yet they have characters who are high level or powerful and think their the shit in game when they really aren't shit and the game is the only thing they can count on to make themselves feel better about their pathetic ass existence.
Next to that its people who fucking don't know how to roleplay, period.
People who give Dhe'nar Dark Elf Sorcerers a bad name (namely not fucking knowing how to roleplay one properly)
People who cant separate fantasy from reality, namely losers who dont understand that once you turn the game on, your still gonna be a loser regardless of how big and bad your character is.

I guess I should stop now..ive ranted enough.

Soulpieced
02-09-2004, 05:55 PM
I :heart: Methais' pet peeves.

02-10-2004, 03:45 AM
-People who don' t for like 2 months and then post a damn treatise on pet peeves.

..j\k. Heh Methais was spot on. Some i'd like to repeat:

-Klaive

-People who think they are ninjas

-other shit

Sweets
02-10-2004, 07:10 AM
Methais-:oops:

heh....proved my own stupid point.

Galleazzo
02-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
I :heart: Methais' pet peeves.

Yup, didn't see many I didn't cheer over.

A couple others:

- People talking in some broken pseudo-Celt/Scot accent. Every single fucking one of them. Because those are the ones who jump earliest and hardest over anyone talking in some broken pseudo-German/French accent, which is why almost no one does.

- People who THINK on the net in the same accent. What, even our thoughts are garbled pidgin? Fuck that. That's what I liked about Xanthias. They guy talked like a Romanian refugee outloud and used the King's English on the amunet.

- People whining about sancts. So go fucking hide or play with your pets somewhere else.

- People whining about discrimination. Did you frigging miss the documentation saying just about every race hates you? And you played one anyway?

- "I have 16421 pages to go to my next train." Not words enough in the language to describe how much of a LOSER that kind of person is.

Parkbandit
02-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
I :heart: Methais

Damn SP.. never knew.

Parkbandit
02-10-2004, 11:37 AM
[quote]
- People who THINK on the net in the same accent. What, even our thoughts are garbled pidgin? Fuck that. That's what I liked about Xanthias. They guy talked like a Romanian refugee outloud and used the King's English on the amunet.

To me, that's a matter of taste. Personally, I feel Falgrin is incapable of speaking in perfect common... how the hell could he think in it over the net?

"Ya got no idea wha' yer talkin' bou' fella.. so mebbe ya should jes close yer yap."

He would say the same outloud as he would think that. It's how I see Falgrin. I don't see Falgrin as someone who is trying to speak differently than he thinks.

Then again, I also don't have a problem with someone typing this on the amulet: ::chuckle:: ::laugh:: ::snort::

I envision the amulet as a link to everyone's mind... if someone says something funny... wouldn't Falgrin laugh about it? How should I protray that on the amulet... "Hehe?" "Haha?"

I can't stand the ::Hugs to everyone:: type action emoticons.. but if it is a sound type thing.. I have no problem with it.

02-10-2004, 11:51 AM
- People who layer their clothing so that their hat is on the "top" of their description. Can we say OCD?

[Edited on 2-10-2004 by RangerD1]

Drew2
02-10-2004, 12:14 PM
I along with 50% of the people I meet do that. I don't read descriptions if they're not in order. It takes too much effort to visualize.

Latrinsorm
02-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
I along with 50% of the people I meet do that. I don't read descriptions if they're not in order. It takes too much effort to visualize. Coming from an empath, that says a lot.

02-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Which of course means absolutely nothing to me. I could care less about what you have on. The only time i look at somebody is to tell if they have a weapon in hand or if someone tells me they have something really cool to look at.

Methais
02-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Speaking of ninja/samurai/anime wannabe characters...

You see Lord Gohann Kakerot the Smuggler.

Caiylania
02-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Rangerd1, if you don't look at anyone's inventory why does it bother you how they arrange it?

Galleazzo
02-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Methais
Speaking of ninja/samurai/anime wannabe characters...

You see Lord Gohann Kakerot the Smuggler.
It's no lamer to name after an anime character than "Rand Althor" or one of the 5,000 variations on Legolas.

Hum. Don't think I'm helping my case here, huh?

:sniffle:

02-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Caiylania
Rangerd1, if you don't look at anyone's inventory why does it bother you how they arrange it?

Because i have to sit and watch while people take off 50 something items off and rearrange them precisely.

Because these people feel the need to comment and make little idiotic remarks about your wardrobe

Because its fucking stupid.

Parkbandit
02-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Falgrin wears his kilt on his head.... the lasses really like it.

CrystalTears
02-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1
Because i have to sit and watch while people take off 50 something items off and rearrange them precisely.

If they're doing that, slap them upside the head.

I don't do any sort of wardrobe changes out in the open or around anyone so that I can prevent scrolling for others. Besides, unless you're stripping for someone, I don't see the point in rearranging your wardrobe in public.

Methais
02-10-2004, 03:59 PM
<<It's no lamer to name after an anime character than "Rand Althor" or one of the 5,000 variations on Legolas.>>

I put them all into the same category.

Like....Zangief Dhalsim. If you ever see him, give him shit about his name and he'll fly off the handle.

Latrinsorm
02-10-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Methais
I put them all into the same category.

Like....Zangief Dhalsim. If you ever see him, give him shit about his name and he'll fly off the handle. It's a good thing "Spinning Clothesline" isn't one of those new CMAN's.

Galleazzo
02-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Okay, I'm ignorant, but what about "Zangief Dhalsim?" I don't get the ref.

02-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Street fighter WTF

Pallon
02-11-2004, 12:50 PM
YOGA NOOGIE

I thought I heard that guy successfully petitioned to get his named changed

Methais
02-11-2004, 02:07 PM
<<Okay, I'm ignorant, but what about "Zangief Dhalsim?" I don't get the ref.>>

Zangief and Dhalsim are 2 characters in the Street Fighter series.

http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/zangief.html

http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/dhalsim.html

As for changing his name, he might have for all I know. I haven't seen him around in a long time so it's either that or rerolled I guess.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by Methais]

Galleazzo
02-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Otay. If I see any of those noobs I'll point at their dicks and laugh. That or sing Kung Fu Fighting.

:grr:

peam
02-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Dhalsim was a total badass. I'd be proud to have that name.

Shari
02-12-2004, 01:22 AM
-People who put "ies" on everything, wizzies, spellies, silveries, sorcies...I want to rip these people's fucking tongue's out and hand it back to them in a jar.

-People who wear too much god damned fluff/clothes/shit.

-Someone stated this before, but couples who are pratically having sex in public areas, especially merchant events. There are 100 fucking people in the room and nobody wants to see the screen roll of you practically fucking each other.

-People are dark elves and wear 500 items of PINK, have blonde hair, skip, and giggle. Yes I realize there are exceptions to the rule but moderation..PLEASE.

-People who don't make acceptions to the rule:evil dark elves, dark elves that eat halflings, tart-loving halflings...basically anyone who plays a dark elf or halfling. KIDDING. I know I'm being a hypocrite with my above post but I guess people just need to do things in moderation. Be UNIQUE.

-People who dooog talk whether it be in a chatroom, or here on PC and then take it ig and want to talk to Jesae (the character) about why I was rude to them in the chat, why I was talking shit, etc. There is such thing as ig and oog, learn to separate the two. You gotta problem, fucking IM me or u2u me.

-Those who never change their tone.

-People with stupid names. ex: Daintygardenia

That's all I can think of for now, but I assure you that before the end of the night I will probably post more.

CrystalTears
02-12-2004, 08:17 AM
People who tell you how to roleplay IN the game. I don't mind people coming here and complaining about it. But when they do it in the game, it annoys me.

People who on the amunet (or regular game for that matter) that feel the need to point out someone's mistake, i.e. someone who's new asks about a website, and 10 people chime in with "what's a website? must be something for spiders" Let it go. Think or whisper to them the rights and wrongs of that, but publicly humiliating them isn't going to teach them.

Caramia
02-12-2004, 06:09 PM
People who whine about how policy/warn/reporting is for wimps, then complain that it doesn't work.

Pallon
02-12-2004, 06:32 PM
People that go AFK or something for like ten minutes in the middle of the rope bridge on the way back from the EN, forcing me to knock them off, and then who sort of look at me funny while waiting for the ferry later

[Edited on 2-12-2004 by Pallon]

Galleazzo
02-13-2004, 09:23 AM
Fuckwits who dump everything, and I mean everything, on the benches. Get a clue, you jackasses, no one's going to want torn chartreuse socks or the 11th leather sheath or the 78th woli lichen. Let me spell it out for the a-holes out there: B-A-R-R-E-L.

Methais
02-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Socks and sheathes maybe, but people use herbs a lot from the bench.

Galleazzo
02-13-2004, 11:05 AM
I'm not saying throw away poth grass or haphip root. I'm saying that when I see two DOZEN rose-marrow potions or lichens, fuck, that's just lame. Barrel or bundle the shit.

:coffee:

Taernath
02-14-2004, 12:02 AM
- People who run or log when they realize what they started was too much for them to handle (bonus tie in: people who pick on weaker characters.)

- Those who win an auction or raffle then immediately sell the item, usually for cash.

- Overdone themes. Town drunk, tartling, evilsorc, dumbgiant, etc. Some people manage to pull it off, but most don't.

- Overdone character histories. Half the Elanthian population has had their family killed in an orc raid.

- Abusing act/smile commands. Yeah, smiling as you hand me (and everyone else in the room) 5 trillion silver is hilarious.

- People who don't understand their cultural titles and what they mean. Ask a random Dhe'nar what it is exactly they're all about.

- Emotes in thoughts, unless they're the kind you could logically hear, like ::laughs::, ::whistles:: etc.

- People who try to sell items with fake stats, then whine when you call them on it.

- People who jump all over you because you forgot or misspelled 'to' in a thought. like:

You: "ot taern I just bought The Suffering for my Xbox."
Idiot: "OMG stop being so OOC!!"
You: "..."

- People who latch onto GM-run NPC's (especially during quests).

- Glaes soldiers.

- "The entire fact that half of Solhaven hangs out together, yet are dire enemies when it comes to Quest time. Chica touched on something similar to this." - Strayrogue (couldn't agree more)

Methais
02-14-2004, 02:43 PM
More pet peeves:

- People who name their other characters after their main character

Also here: Lillitoes, Lillietoes and Lilietoes

No those aren't real names (except Lilllitoes), I just picked a random name off WHO FULL to use for an example.

- Warden

[Edited on 2-14-2004 by Methais]