PDA

View Full Version : Armor suggestions

Nitergen
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm in some regular 4x double leathers since my crit padded leathers disappeared during my departure. So I am here looking for advice on what I should start looking at.

Due to being a halfling with a low str stat I believe brig is out of the question. I am already having trouble staying light as it is. Would Siren Scale Armor(reinforced) be a good option for me?

Thanks

diethx
02-06-2009, 09:29 PM
I'd say go with crit padded double once you can afford it. That's what my cleric is in.

Nitergen
02-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Ok. Dumb question....What are double crit padded leathers that you would suggest? I have some some rolaren studded leather armor that I am eye balling right now. Is somewhat crit padding even worth looking at? OTF is my next step sometime this month.

diethx
02-08-2009, 01:02 AM
Why not just save up until you can afford some hcp?

joehollywood
02-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Whoa whoa whoa whoa there halfling priest fellah!

Not sure why I'm even looking in the priest folder but I saw it was an armor question and had to chime in.

When dealing with armor ( assuming you're trained for the armor type in question ), you're BETTER off wearing heavier armors as a halfling.

Lemme 'splain to you why!

A character with proper training in double leathers that are straight off the shelf has an encumbrance of zero.

A character with proper training in full plate that's straight off the shelf has an encumbrance of zero.

So even though the leather weighs about 14 pounds and the plate weighs 75 pounds, you have the SAME encumbrance.

Now with the heavier armors you have more opportunity to lighten, and to lighten in bigger chunks ( lightening leaters nets you 1-2 pounds/lightening plate nets you 7-11 pounds )

Now ALL that being said...

Start looking for a bad ass set of chain torso armor, and get to training for it.

As a cleric you get rediculously great protection for fairly low failure rates.

nub
02-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Failure rates suck though, stick to doubles, you fail a hard RT cast and you die!