PDA

View Full Version : Well done feature alters.

Ilvane
02-08-2004, 10:48 AM
I saw a girl today who I really thought looked cool, and she happens to be a friend of mine..so here..

You see Juilene El'Aranthi.
She appears to be a Dark Elf.
She appears to be youthful and shorter than average. She has large jade green eyes and ebon skin. She has very short, tousled silver hair that glints with highlights of pewter, platinum, and sterling. She has a delicate face and sharply-curved pointed ears.
She has a cat paw tattoo on her chest.

Now do you guys have anyone you really think did a good feature alteration, something unique?

-A

Meos
02-08-2004, 11:07 AM
coolest one I've seen was Starsnuffers. I forget exactly how it went, but he's an old dark elf and when ya looked at him it was something about rather meek lookin but seems misleading. I know that doesn't do it justice but it was cool becuase it wasn't just his face but described his whole overall apperance rather well.

Galleazzo
02-09-2004, 10:45 AM
It's another friggin' Cosmo model alter. This is a RPG, not a L'Oreal commercial.

I know I saw someone with a "weathered, hawk-like face," and that wasn't bad, but man, it's like 2/3rds of the folks with feature alters come off like they ought not to be hunting any more because they're checking into the beauty salon for daily primping.

Shalla
02-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Bear in mind Galleazzo. That the Genre is not only for hunting. But the land is also surrounded by nobility.

Miss X
02-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Come on, its a fantasy roleplaying game. If its IC people can have what the hell they like. Why take it so seriously? Its not like it actually has any effect on you personally.

StrayRogue
02-09-2004, 10:57 AM
Ignore him. He's just ugly in reality. We are the adventuring sort, those that stick out of the crowd, and most such folk in literature and certainly the film industry are terribly good looking. Either way, there is plenty of plain and ugly characters out there.

Shalla
02-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Plain characters are the ones with no feature alters. j/k :lol:

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-09-2004, 11:30 AM
I actually like Tayvin's "look"

You see Tayvin Dreamforge.
He appears to be a Mhoragian Halfling.
He appears to be young and tiny. He has silver-flecked violet eyes and alabaster skin. He has short, tousled white hair. He has a round face and a small well-trimmed, triangular patch of white hair beneath his lip. He has a deep white scar that bisects one of his bushy white eyebrows.
He has a tendril of golden essence tattoo on his neck, and a cat paw tattoo on his ankle.

They wouldn't do soul patch, hence the triangular patch.

DianaBanana
02-09-2004, 12:57 PM
She appears to be a Half-Elf from Seareach.
She appears to be very young and taller than average. She has sultry dark eyes and sun-darkened bronze skin. She has waist length, thick black hair scattered throughout with tiny reddish-brown dyed braids. She has a thin nose and slightly pointed ears.
She has a primitive spiral tattoo on her ankle.
She is in good shape.

My half-Tehir's feature alterations.

Shalla
02-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Need a comb. :smilegrin:

Czeska
02-09-2004, 02:13 PM
One of Czeska's rp things, is that she's always wished she were Elven. Her two best friends are elves, and she hates going to EN because she's treated differently. She also gets upset when people speak Elven around her, because she figures she's been hearing it for years, you'd think she could understand it by now. Ok so anyway, after that bit of background, here is the surgery she got when given an opportunity:

You see Lady Czeska the Spellsinger. She appears to be a Human from Torre. She appears to have come of age.

She has almond shaped, midnight blue eyes and fair skin. She has long, flowing honey blonde hair. She has a delicate face, a small nose and adorable, slim shaped ears with delicate points. She is very lithe with a slim, elegant build.

The alter was done by Tigermist.

Kia
02-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
It's another friggin' Cosmo model alter. This is a RPG, not a L'Oreal commercial.

I know I saw someone with a "weathered, hawk-like face," and that wasn't bad, but man, it's like 2/3rds of the folks with feature alters come off like they ought not to be hunting any more because they're checking into the beauty salon for daily primping.

This would have some sort of meaning if it weren't for the fact that every RPG I can think of has beautiful girls with big boobs running around saving the world. The do it without a sports bra, retouching their make-up, or breaking a sweat ;) GS isn't any different.

KIA.

Galleazzo
02-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Problem is it ceases to have any meaning, sorta like the DESs covered in black and skulls. Do you find a single one of them forboding and scary? Nah, it's an overused, overworked cliche.

So when three PCs out of four have sun-kissed, cascading hair and smouldering sultry crystal-rimmed eyes and frosted full lips, you just tune out. Yeah, we get that you're supposed to be an uber babe or a surfer god, yawn.

Soulpieced
02-09-2004, 05:52 PM
If you can't describe the feature in 5 words, it's too gaudy.

DCSL
02-09-2004, 07:00 PM
I get tired of the cascading thing, and the incredible beauty of everyone, but it's something that can't be helped. For one thing, we have elves and elves are generally supposed to be very beautiful, graceful creatures. Seeing an ugly elf is supposed to be a very rare thing, isn't it?

I don't know, I prefer feature alters that don't tell you how to feel. My uncouth ranger is NOT going to be hypnotically captivated by your eyes, no matter what the color. She will not find you sultry or bewitching or handsome beyond all meaning.

What I like in feature alters are descriptions of the actual physical features! Is that so wrong? You can describe beautiful features if you want, but don't TELL me they're beautiful.

But anyway, here are some feature alters I thought were well done, from a file I keep for my budding website, where I laud them.

Naamit - a fleshy, muscular build with generously proportioned hips

Samhainne - She has strong, slender hands with tiny pale scars tracing the lengths of her calloused fingers.

Prospera - She has very long, blazing auburn hair crowned with a halo of golden highlights.

Demonea - She has a pair of long, thin pointed ears with numerous metal rings pierced randomly along their length.

Lochlaen - He has bristly, crimson-tipped light brown hair cutting a swath down the center of his smooth-shaven head.

Hasina
02-09-2004, 07:14 PM
I wish I was cool enough to get a feature alter... Hell, I wish is was cool enough to wear something besides what they give you when you enter the game!

Being broke is a bitch.

Any contributions to my beauty fund? Please make all donations to Hasina and have them delievered in Wehnimers. Thank you for your consideration!

Hehe.

Makkah
02-09-2004, 07:22 PM
My Tehir:

He appears to be a Human of the Tehir tribes.
He appears to have come of age and very tall. He has dark-rimmed black eyes and parched, black skin. He has short, braided black hair worn in elaborate braids. He has an emaciated, bony face and a pronounced jawline.

rht

Hips
02-09-2004, 07:26 PM
My personal favorite feature alter is Joloven's ears. I haven't seen him in a while, or I'd post it.

I like Michi's, too. Hers are: petite, delicate ears that taper to slight points.

Edited to add:

I also like Tayre's "boy-band" hair, even though I tease him about it constantly.

It's: short, mussed yew brown hair with a scattering of deep golden highlights that just reaches his ears in a riot of unruly curls.

[Edited on 2-10-2004 by GS3 Michiko]

Merjinia
02-09-2004, 09:51 PM
I like this hair..it may be a bit overdone, however I totally get the look she's going with..

She appears to be a Human.
She appears to be young and shorter than average. She has sultry jade green eyes and fair skin. She has very long, silken black hair highlighted in shades of calico, pure white patches intermingling with deep auburns, and warm golden blondes that softly brushes against her ankles. She has an angular face, a small nose and high cheekbones.

Artha
02-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Must be a bitch for her to run.

ZGemstone
02-10-2004, 12:34 AM
You see Valdorn Zurlien.
He appears to be a Half-Elf.
He appears to be young. He has black-ringed bloodshot eyes and heavily creased, leathery skin. He has receding, jet black hair carefully sculpted into a thinly-stretched combover. He has calloused purple lips curled over cracked yellow teeth.

Shalla
02-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Looks like gollum. :lol:

Drew2
02-10-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
I also like Tayre's "boy-band" hair, even though I tease him about it constantly.

It's: short, mussed yew brown hair with a scattering of deep golden highlights that just reaches his ears in a riot of unruly curls.

I win.

Kia
02-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by ZGemstone
You see Valdorn Zurlien.
He appears to be a Half-Elf.
He appears to be young. He has black-ringed bloodshot eyes and heavily creased, leathery skin. He has receding, jet black hair carefully sculpted into a thinly-stretched combover. He has calloused purple lips curled over cracked yellow teeth.

That combover is so hot!

KIA.

Ilvane
02-10-2004, 02:38 PM
I tend to dislike the ankle length hair. Unless you are going to sit and do nothing, it's just not realistic..I mean can you imagine running with a sword with that mess? :grin:

-A

Czeska
02-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Here is a question, what if you bought one of those scripted hair ties? Would it say ...

Soandso carefully draws their short, mussed yew brown hair with a scattering of deep golden highlights that just reaches his ears in a riot of unruly curls into a ponytail?

or

Soandso twists their leather hairtie around their very long, silken black hair highlighted in shades of calico, pure white patches intermingling with deep auburns, and warm golden blondes that softly brushes against her ankles?

Hit me with a brick if it does.

Galleazzo
02-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Ilvane
I tend to dislike the ankle length hair. Unless you are going to sit and do nothing, it's just not realistic..I mean can you imagine running with a sword with that mess?
Same deal as busty swordswomen -- no way Lucy Lawless gets to be a swordfighter in real life, everything we know about women athletes says the torque would be all off. Fantasy in action.

FinisWolf
04-19-2004, 04:32 AM
Not everyone goes for the beauty contest. And I am looking forward to getting at least one more feature alter on the Dhu, that entails wearing the scars of battle.

You see Finiswolf VieuxJeu.
He appears to be a Human from Estoria.
He appears to be mature and average height. He has gold-flecked hazel eyes and fair skin. He has cropped, fine blonde hair streaked with silver. He has a clean-shaven face, a prominent nose and broad shoulders. He has a jagged scar across his cheek and nose.
He has a snarling wolf tattoo on his neck.
He is in good shape.

Finis got that scar right after the jant invasion. Worked into his history really well.

Finiswolf

AnticorRifling
04-19-2004, 09:08 AM
I was told when I went for my feature alter that scars weren't allowed damn them and changing there minds....ahh well what did I expect.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-19-2004, 09:09 AM
My scar makes me look pimp.

04-19-2004, 12:04 PM
If anyone sees this bastard, kill him:

He appears to be young. He has black eyes and sickly yellow skin. He has raggedly cut, tangled black hair. He has a lopsided and slightly deformed face and a missing tooth. He has a large wad of tobacco stuffed in his lower lip.

::shivers::

TheEschaton
04-19-2004, 12:57 PM
He appears to be a Giant of the Grot'karesh Clan.
He appears to be wizened with age and very tall. He has piercing crystal blue eyes and pale skin. He has unruly, fine bluish-white hair falling in waves to his shoulders. He has a gaunt face and stooped shoulders. He has numerous wrinkles about his aged, sun-weathered face.

One of the first people to get feature alterations (at the first Artisan's Faire) so it's a bit glocky with the multiple sentences..

-TheE-