PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about re-spec'ing my Paladin

mrjrd222
02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Ever since I had a certain weapon become available to me, I've thought about fixskilling my Paladin, he's currently a full out Zealot+Awl-Pike Paladin. Running 466 AS / 230 DS. He doesn't get nicked too often, since we hunt undead and I bind everything, but soon we'll have to move to hunt the living, and eventually I'll have to start thinking about his DS problem.

Lately I've seen tons of people giving advice on Paladins to go Star/Shield and rock 1109, this would be quite helpful, as my Cleric has a shield also, so it would add block to both characters, not just one. I'm just worried I'll miss charge far too much if I change...

Currently these are my options:
Keep the 6x perfect awl-pike, get nicked a lot but pretty much rampage through anywhere and beat shit up.

I have a 5x HCW handaxe, and a 7x medium shield (I'd likely try and find a tower) and start rocking about 41 less AS, but much more DS/EBP, and the crit weighting on the axe would help.

Or use my 5x superior handaxe to keep the double plasma flares?

Or find a perfect morning star and bond to it instead?

IF I WERE TO CHANGE to weapon/shield, what CMANS should I be after? Feint? SBash? SCharge?

He's Half-Krol, so his size helps the charge/bash stuff, here are his current skills incase anyone wants to play with them...

Currently working on Armor Use till 150 ranks, then debating doubling in PF vs fully doubling in CM:::

(at level 58), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 233 133
Combat Maneuvers...................| 200 100
Polearm Weapons....................| 220 120
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 120 30
Physical Fitness...................| 160 60
Dodging............................| 160 60
Harness Power......................| 158 58
Spirit Mana Control................| 102 24
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 93 21
Perception.........................| 90 20
Climbing...........................| 90 20
Swimming...........................| 90 20

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 35
Training Points: 15 Phy 0 Mnt (10 Phy converted to Mnt)

TheLastShamurai
02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
feint, sbash, wspec and surge. really everything after that is for defense in my opinion.

if you switch to sword/board/blunt, remove your dodge ranks and use the extra points to fill in extra skills.

i personally 1x spells til i got to lesser shroud at level 60.

weapons are more of a personal choice. both handaxes and stars are a good choice.

mrjrd222
02-05-2009, 03:55 PM
I've never been big on Surge, why is it so popular? The cooldown seems like it would ruin most of the benefit...

Plus, since I group 100% of my hunts, I like having Side by Side, at least 2-3 ranks of it.

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Combat Movement cmovement 2
Charge charge 5
Specialization I wspec1 4
Side by Side sidebyside 3

TheLastShamurai
02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
i like surge. it adds about 14ish to my AS as well as helping with encumbrance, which for me is good at keeping my open ambush RT down.

but if you're going to group hunt/MA maybe side by side is a better fit for you. i always solo, so i have no need for it.

Stry
02-06-2009, 12:20 AM
My opinion.

1- Drop armor to eith 90 ranks and wear MBP or 110 and wear augmented breastplate.

Half-plate and plate don't let you cast while hunting without rediculously frustrating % of casts being nerfed from hinderance.

2- This will let you get some spirit spell up to 107 is nice for the TD. I have 120 which kicks ass. Self 117...

Or
get your Cman closer to 2x with the extra points.

my cman skills
Surge, Fient, bullrush, Are by far the most useful.

Charge would be a must with polearms. I also go with 2-handers instead of polearms, but that's a totally different story.

weapon spec for a little more AS, I did a rank or two of disarm due to Minotaurs later on and annoying things trying to disarm you.

Edit:
Just realized I didn't answer the Question :p I'm tired

From what I have done playing with shield bash it is not as effective as Bullrush. If you want to knock stuff over that is the way to go. Granted flaring armor Bullrush is great. a high enchant flaring shield could make me want to shieldbash for fun I guess.

Stry
02-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Surge is great for dragging, encumberance. a nice AS boost, increases Stamina recovery and limit.

alot of benefits.

Moist Happenings
02-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Personally, I'm two handed/zealot-ish right now myself at level 34. I had always intended to fixskills myself back to blunt/board and go heavy on the blessings lores for 1609 at around 50. I was just having to plink stuff to death early on and it got annoying.

With sword/board or blunt/board you free up a lot of TPs to focus heavier on your armor training, your CMs, your spells, your lores, or even pick up the ability to skin and forage well.

The higher you get in level, the less of a concern mana's gonna be so you're gonna be able to 1615 things pretty reliably, your AS will be fine and hitting stuff on its knees really means that killing things isn't as hard as it was when you only had 90 mana to kneel stuff down with.

Additionally, I'm only 1x in CM right now, and I can even pretty reliably open ambush and hit stuff in the head.

So my vote's for sword/board, or blunt/board.

Also, if you end up doing blunt/board, I'm actively making perfect vultite spikestars. I've currently got 3 orders in, but they shouldn't take me terribly long to fill. One of them is mithril, so if you find yourself in need of a perfect spikestar/morning star, feel free to contact me. 3 mil for vultite, 2.5 for ora or imflass, and 2 for steel or mithril, with your choice of handles (Modwir's 100k extra just because running back and forth between Teras is a big hassle for me. Got meetings 3 nights a week in the Landing).

Stry
02-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Add up the Training points, 2x Two-handers with no shield is cheaper (and much more effective)than 2x Sword/board or Blunt/Board.

The only way it's cheaper is if you single shield use I think.

Moist Happenings
02-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Add up the Training points, 2x Two-handers with no shield is cheaper (and much more effective)than 2x Sword/board or Blunt/Board.

The thing that makes it more expensive is dodge. You don't need dodge at all with sword/board because tower shield plus 1609= awesome.

Dodge + 2HW is more expensive than sword/shield or blunt/shield

Edit to add:

2x shield + 2x blunt/edge = 18/3

2x Two handed + 1x dodge = 17/9

Means you'll have to convert for more MTPs, because between 1 spell and 1 lore, you've eaten up 80% of your MTPs for the level.

I had to drop the ability to skin and forage when I went two handed because of it.

TheLastShamurai
02-06-2009, 12:44 AM

how do you figure? if you use THW's you need dodge for defense.

whereas the points needed just for 2x'ing THW's is exactly equivalent to 2x'ing sword/board and you can use the points you had in dodge for other things.

TheLastShamurai
02-06-2009, 12:45 AM
bah! stupid slow internet.

mrjrd222
02-06-2009, 12:51 AM
My "main" is a cleric, so I get 101/103/107/202 every hunt regardless. The only thing that would help him is 120 from MnS.

I fiddled a little in my skill goals tree, right now he looks like the skills listed above, 8000xp from 59. I could change it to...

(at level 58), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Shield Use...........................| 220 120
Combat Maneuvers...................| 185 85
Blunt/Edged Weapons....................| 220 120
Spiritual Lore - Blessings..........| 122 33

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit..........................| 20

Stry
02-06-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm pretty sure I only single dodge, which this guy is doing anyway. I'll double check and post later. You really should be 1x in dodge either way.

Also, killing something in 1-2 hits is alot funner than plinking away with a blunt or blade. Especially for the same T/P.

worried about defense? two words - stance dance (aka macro's)

Worried about swarms- MoC (wizard spells help too)

:)

mrjrd222
02-06-2009, 12:56 AM
And I'm not gonna go down to MBP, I think that'd be just silly.

<3 my flaring Full Plate with a vhcp greathelm

TheLastShamurai
02-06-2009, 12:56 AM
well i suppose it depends on how you hunt and which character is doing the disabling, but if you're going to be casting 1615 and 1630 i would drop the blessing and pick up atleast 25 religion instead.

i also wouldn't worry about spells for a while after this, and focus on getting cmans and PF closer to 2x.

Moist Happenings
02-06-2009, 12:57 AM
My "main" is a cleric, so I get 101/103/107/202 every hunt regardless. The only thing that would help him is 120 from MnS.

I fiddled a little in my skill goals tree, right now he looks like the skills listed above, 8000xp from 59. I could change it to...

| Bonus Ranks
Shield Use...........................| 220 120
Combat Maneuvers...................| 185 85
Blunt/Edged Weapons....................| 220 120
Spiritual Lore - Blessings..........| 122 33

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit..........................| 20

Only thing I don't like, and it's really just nitpicking, is the lack of religion ranks. 25 ranks in religion will allow you to have a 75% chance of kneeling things with 1615. However, shield bash is pretty nifty and does the job pretty well too, and you managed to get to about 1.5x CM, the more physical route, so that should be easier. I just went the more magic oriented route, keeping my lores at 1x, and CM at 1x as well until 70 or so.

Overall I like it. No real flaws to it mechanically, and it's very nice that you were able to sneak 30 MoC ranks out by 58 in addition to all that. I won't hit 30 ranks until 75.

Edit:

Ha, I was the slow one this time Sham. :P

Mtenda
02-06-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm pretty sure I only single dodge, which this guy is doing anyway. I'll double check and post later. You really should be 1x in dodge either way.

Also, killing something in 1-2 hits is alot funner than plinking away with a blunt or blade. Especially for the same T/P.

worried about defense? two words - stance dance (aka macro's)

Worried about swarms- MoC (wizard spells help too)

:)

Totally agree. Well worth the extra TP's to have a much more devestating attack. Also...e-wave imbeds pwn.

Stry
02-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I wear 4x hcp mbp. and some 5x acid flaring augmented breastplate before that.

I cast 1615 all hunt long if I need to or 1630 and MoC shreds swarms up in seconds.

I fixskilled to Full Plate once and about died. I like casting to much. lol

mrjrd222
02-06-2009, 01:00 AM
You thrust with a perfect ebony awl-pike at a decaying Citadel guardsman!
AS: +468 vs DS: +139 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +63 = +428
... and hit for 212 points of damage!
Beautiful shot pierces both lungs, the Citadel guardsman makes a wheezing noise, and drops dead!

AS: +468 vs DS: +176 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +63 = +391
... and hit for 182 points of damage!
Strike through both ears, foe is quite dead!

Does it really get any better than this? heh

Moist Happenings
02-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Yeah, I wear 4x hcp mbp. and some 5x acid flaring augmented breastplate before that.

I cast 1615 all hunt long if I need to or 1630 and MoC shreds swarms up in seconds.

I fixskilled to Full Plate once and about died. I like casting to much. lol

...the difference in paladin hindrance between MBP and full plate is only 3% by the way.

TheLastShamurai
02-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Totally agree. Well worth the extra TP's to have a much more devestating attack. Also...e-wave imbeds pwn.

bigger weapons don't necessarily equal more devistating.

i killed things just as easily with my handaxe as i do with my maul. the maul just has flashier damage numbers.

open ambush is your friend.

haste imbeds FTW!

TheLastShamurai
02-06-2009, 01:15 AM
AS: +468 vs DS: +139 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +63 = +428
... and hit for 212 points of damage!
Beautiful shot pierces both lungs, the Citadel guardsman makes a wheezing noise, and drops dead!

AS: +468 vs DS: +176 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +63 = +391
... and hit for 182 points of damage!
Strike through both ears, foe is quite dead!

Does it really get any better than this? heh

if it isn't broke don't fix it.

Mtenda
02-06-2009, 01:16 AM
bigger weapons don't necessarily equal more devistating.

i killed things just as easily with my handaxe as i do with my maul. the maul just has flashier damage numbers.

open ambush is your friend.

haste imbeds FTW!

Often true. But it is also sometimes true that on one single attack a maul will kill where a blunt or blade will not. Even in an ambush. And if you miss on your ambush and hit another body part, the two hander will likely cripple your opponent more often. I guess I just prefer the most offensive builds possible though. And yeah, whatever weapon you are using...i agree...haste imbeds 4 shizzle.

mrjrd222
02-06-2009, 01:19 AM
The thing is, currently the cleric disables everything before the Paladin ruins their day. I can do that because it's all undead... When I go somewhere not undead, I have to wait in defensive till they do something, then I can swing and cast. So I can't use Zealot for the most part, his AS drops 36. Still good, but not amazing anymore.

The next spot I plan on hunting is the Keen at about 62, I've been there at 57/58, and it wasn't TOO bad, but every now and then while I waited for something to act, it would screech, or wing flap, or mote... That was always trouble. I still need a way to act first, and disable something before it gets me...

Maybe I'm just going overboard trying to re arrange everything. If only I was a Bolting cleric, I could web bolt the griffins and feel safe heh.

Moist Happenings
02-06-2009, 01:24 AM
The thing is, currently the cleric disables everything before the Paladin ruins their day. I can do that because it's all undead... When I go somewhere not undead, I have to wait in defensive till they do something, then I can swing and cast. So I can't use Zealot for the most part, his AS drops 36. Still good, but not amazing anymore.

The next spot I plan on hunting is the Keen at about 62, I've been there at 57/58, and it wasn't TOO bad, but every now and then while I waited for something to act, it would screech, or wing flap, or mote... That was always trouble. I still need a way to act first, and disable something before it gets me...

Maybe I'm just going overboard trying to re arrange everything. If only I was a Bolting cleric, I could web bolt the griffins and feel safe heh.

You can cast 1615 from defense before they do things more often than not. Sure, sometimes they're kneeling in a lower stance, but you shouldn't have any trouble at all smashing them regardless. 1615 stuns stuff for me a lot of the time too, or flat out knocks it over, so a lot of the time as soon as you see something it's stunned and on the ground.

mrjrd222
02-06-2009, 01:27 AM
I could probably hit the Yeti's and Grifflets, but the Lesser Griffins and Storm Griffins have some nice TD for some reason... I'll certainly try it when I get there but I don't see that being too efficient. 12 mana each fight for the cleric (minimum) 15 from the Paladin, that's rough.

I think the problem is, I know the Paladin can do certain things easily, and the Cleric can do certain things easily, but I always lean to what the Cleric does easily because I like him more, and I'm more comfortable with his skills than the Paladins.

Moist Happenings
02-06-2009, 01:31 AM
I could probably hit the Yeti's and Grifflets, but the Lesser Griffins and Storm Griffins have some nice TD for some reason... I'll certainly try it when I get there but I don't see that being too efficient. 12 mana each fight for the cleric (minimum) 15 from the Paladin, that's rough.

I think the problem is, I know the Paladin can do certain things easily, and the Cleric can do certain things easily, but I always lean to what the Cleric does easily because I like him more, and I'm more comfortable with his skills than the Paladins.

Yeah I know what ya mean.

Try the shield bash. Dunno if that works on Griffins, but if it does it's a good alternative to 1615 with all your CM.

mrjrd222
02-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Yeah I know what ya mean.

Try the shield bash. Dunno if that works on Griffins, but if it does it's a good alternative to 1615 with all your CM.

I couldn't reach them until they attacked, then I'd be in the same position as I would with a Pole and charge...

Maybe I'll give it a shot before I panic and fixskill to something I might not enjoy... Thanks for all the help so far, I think if I was a solo Paladin instead of a MA one it would be easier to take the advice the way it's supposed to be. Being that I don't generally ambush (Or my cleric won't get exp) and I tend to save the Paladin's mana to send to the Cleric for longer hunts... yea...

I'll probably be back begging for more help when I die a bunch in the Keen!

TheLastShamurai
02-06-2009, 01:44 AM
the only place i ever found pious trial to be worth casting was in the keen. as soon as i saw any griffin i would start hitting them with it.

Stry
02-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Strydyr (at level 76), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 210 110
Combat Maneuvers...................| 206 106
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 256 156
Physical Fitness...................| 256 156
Dodging............................| 178 78
Magic Item Use.....................| 58 12
Harness Power......................| 178 78
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 35 7
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 105 25
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 15 3
Perception.........................| 102 24
Climbing...........................| 130 35
Swimming...........................| 120 30

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 20

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 40

Strydyr, your Combat Maneuver training is as follows:

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Disarm Weapon disarm 3
Feint feint 4
Bull Rush bullrush 4
Surge of Strength surge 4

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 4

You swing a perfect steel maul at a minotaur warrior!
AS: +495 vs DS: +270 with AvD: +41 + d100 roll: +8 = +274
... and hit for 121 points of damage!
Tremendous blow crushes skull like a ripe melon.
With a surprised grunt, the minotaur warrior twitches one final time before falling still upon the floor.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

4x perfect maul

Stry
02-06-2009, 02:10 AM
...the difference in paladin hindrance between MBP and full plate is only 3% by the way.

Seriously? I have 11% hinderance with my mbp. I swear I thought it was like in the 20% or higher when I tested last year.

Did that change?

mrjrd222
02-06-2009, 02:16 AM
I was at 11% with 110 ranks in Augmented BP, right now with 133 ranks and Full Plate I'm at 25%, at 150 ranks it should be 13%? Half plate is 12 afaik.

Moist Happenings
02-06-2009, 02:16 AM
Seriously? I have 11% hinderance with my mbp. I swear I thought it was like in the 20% or higher when I tested last year.

Did that change?

I dunno if it changed, but currently it goes like this:

9% Hauberk
10% MBP
11% Augmented BP
12% Half Plate
13% Full plate.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Spell_hinderance

Edit to add:

For spirit circle it's a difference of 4% from MBP to full plate (16 to 20)

Also, when you tested you may not have had enough ranks. Takes 150 ranks to train off hinderance in full plate.

mrjrd222
02-06-2009, 02:30 AM
and... unf unf I think I'd miss this too much

You rush forward at a putrefied Citadel herald with your ebony awl-pike and attempt a charge!
[Roll result: 157 (open d100: 62) Bonus: 28]
Expert charge and a putrefied Citadel herald flips end over end and lands on its head!
... 30 points of damage!
Amazing shot through the Citadel herald's nose enters the brain!

Onmiste rushes forward at a putrefied Citadel herald with his ebony awl-pike and attempts a charge!
[Roll result: 155 (open d100: 48)]
... 25 points of damage!
Shot knocks the Citadel herald's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!

Stry
02-07-2009, 02:44 AM
[QUOTE=Moist Happenings;883843]I dunno if it changed, but currently it goes like this:

9% Hauberk
10% MBP
11% Augmented BP
12% Half Plate
13% Full plate.

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Spell_hinderance

QUOTE]

Huh, thanks for that. I guess I didn't have enough. I may have to work on that now.

Poppatrunk
03-05-2009, 12:41 AM
I quit playing about a year ago but was thinking of coming back wondering if anyone can help me out training wise.

My paladin brawled and used twc with fist-scythes which was fun to play rp wise but tough to hunt with. Certain things weren't too bad but the majority of what I hunted took FOREVER to kill. My paladin was level 53

Any suggestions to make it more effective?, I can't post my current skills, and since I've been gone I don't remember a whole lot about the lores but I do know one helped increase damage. was thinking of possibly doing less then the norm in spells and buffing up lores to help or mabye learning the percision cman and ambush skills.

The other problem is so few people use brawling weapons to hunt there dosen't seem to be very many high end items out there.

I know going this route is ass backwards of what the class is intended for but it fits the backstory I created any suggestions appreciated.

thx
________
LovelyWendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

thefarmer
03-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Go 2hd or pole.

Poppatrunk
03-05-2009, 01:03 AM
well I was thinking katars that way I could still have my brawling but I am pretty certain no way to double in both those skills and I don't know how effective it would be to 1x in one and double in the other.

I want to keep brawling I really normally don't even use fixskills I don't like it that people can just poof change whatever they want about there character in a split second but what the fack ever.

I want to stay somewhat close to what my character has done his whole existence and that's brawl.
________
Uggs (http://uggstoreshop.com/)

thefarmer
03-05-2009, 01:09 AM
OK, try this.

1x shield, 2x brawl, 1x CM, 1x PF, 1x dodge, 2x armor until mbp for a base. Up to paladin Divine intervention, then up for 120.

Fill in with extra skills as needed (climb, swim, etc) I suggest around 20 ranks of scroll or MIU to help tank, preferabbly scrolls.

Any extra points should go into shield for defense, cm for AS, PF for redux or maybe keep 2x'ing for full plate.

Switch, or stay in voln for FU.

It's a basic plan, but it'll take you to cap at least with no real difficulty.

edit: A shield paladin with divine shield, plate armor and the ability to cast in it, a high AS/increased damage factor and redux can pretty much stand against anything, creature or player. Add in the tank factor of MIU/AS and you're set.

mrjrd222
03-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Polearms win. (perfect forged awl-pike base)

You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
You thrust with a flawless gold-tinged ranseur at a black forest ogre!
AS: +444 vs DS: +175 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +83 = +384
... and hit for 215 points of damage!
Vicious strike punctures intestines!
The black forest ogre is stunned!
Pearly light flares up suddenly from within you, lending strength and focus to your attack!
You thrust with a flawless gold-tinged ranseur at a massive black boar!
AS: +459 vs DS: +150 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +28 = +369
... and hit for 215 points of damage!
Shot shatters hip and severs right leg!
The black boar squeals loudly as he collapses to the ground in obvious pain and favors his mangled right hind leg.

** Your gold-tinged ranseur pulses with a burst of plasma energy! **

... 15 points of damage!
Insignificant burns to the black boar's neck.
AS: +444 vs DS: +150 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +59 = +385
... and hit for 251 points of damage!
Blow cracks a rib and punctures a lung.
Breathing becomes a challenge.

... 10 points of damage!
Stinging burn to the black boar's hand.

Your flurry of strikes leaves you off-balance and out of position.
Roundtime: 12 sec.

You are now in an offensive stance.
J>
You are still a bit winded from your last flurry of attacks, but you focus to push the strain in your muscles from your mind.
You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
AS: +444 vs DS: +66 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +23 = +433
... and hit for 273 points of damage!
Incredible strike pierces heart and runs the black boar clean through!
The black boar lets out a final agonized squeal and dies.
The boar's paralyzed body slackens in the grip of death.
AS: +444 vs DS: +96 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +98 = +478
... and hit for 278 points of damage!
Shot shatters shoulder and severs left arm!
The black boar squeals loudly as he slumps to the ground and cradles his wounded left foreleg.
The black boar lets out a final agonized squeal and dies.
The boar's paralyzed body slackens in the grip of death.
AS: +444 vs DS: +150 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +89 = +415
... and hit for 276 points of damage!
Massive blow punches a hole through the black boar's chest!

... 10 points of damage!
Pinpoint strike sears the black boar's chest.

Your flurry of strikes leaves you off-balance and out of position.
Roundtime: 12 sec.

Poppatrunk
03-06-2009, 02:56 AM
OK, try this.

1x shield, 2x brawl, 1x CM, 1x PF, 1x dodge, 2x armor until mbp for a base. Up to paladin Divine intervention, then up for 120.

Fill in with extra skills as needed (climb, swim, etc) I suggest around 20 ranks of scroll or MIU to help tank, preferabbly scrolls.

Any extra points should go into shield for defense, cm for AS, PF for redux or maybe keep 2x'ing for full plate.

Switch, or stay in voln for FU.

It's a basic plan, but it'll take you to cap at least with no real difficulty.

edit: A shield paladin with divine shield, plate armor and the ability to cast in it, a high AS/increased damage factor and redux can pretty much stand against anything, creature or player. Add in the tank factor of MIU/AS and you're set.

thanks for the advice
________
WENDIE 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Beldonn
04-03-2009, 05:18 AM
s>skill
Methous (at level 55), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 180 80
Combat Maneuvers...................| 145 45
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 214 114
Physical Fitness...................| 90 20
Dodging............................| 214 114
Harness Power......................| 140 40
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 10 2
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 25 5
Survival...........................| 140 40
Perception.........................| 105 25
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 70 15
First Aid..........................| 140 40

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 20

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 29

Every 8th level, sacrifice a spell. Simple. do 3/4 FA/Surv, 2/5 Perception, the spirit lore is just for the first bonus in certain sections. your physical fitness will be very low. its 1/3. Hope this helps for the whole 'how to be a successful 2hw build' paladin talk

Bhuryn
04-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Beldonn,

you're sacrificing way to much to maintain that much dodge. You're redux will be terrible (if you even have it) without atleast 1x PF, You don't have beseech or full plate (admittedly I didn't get FP till 58). Drop your dodge to 1.5x and you probably won't even really notice much difference in DS and it'll allow you to 1x PF, 1x CM, get beseech and get closer to FP.

My take on this (I use polearms) is you should sacrifice all lore, secondary skills like skinning/survival and you shouldn't go crazy trying to 1.5x+ CM or dodge until you have 150 armor ranks (or are atleast on track), 35 paladin ranks and your other important skills (LIKE PF FOR THE LOVE OF GOD) are at reasonable levels.

That said, as far as I have heard having less then a combination of 2x FA or survival for skinning isn't really worth it. I am currently migrating mine out for more CM right now but I wouldnt' be opposed to keeping it at a combination of 1.5x if you're having luck with it.