PDA

View Full Version : Alter Help?

Inspire
02-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Hello,

This is what I'm trying to get.

a sleeveless dark chainsil tunic bearing the seal of the Ne'Yuscarl

And here is the last response.

"The merchant's last response was: Please remember that not everyone would know what the seal of Ne'Yuscarl would look like."

"Seals, glyphs and crests must be described physically, rather than just putting a name by it. Please rework the idea. Thanks!"

I'm struggling to find a way to change it and still make it work. Basically the Ne'Yuscarl are Sylvan border guards and my characters backstory uses them.

Any help on what I can do? Do I just need to provide a link to the game docs? (https://www.play.net/gs4/info/tomes/sylvan_history/sylvan_eleven.asp)

I compare what I want to .. a silver and green silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Silvergate Inn or a purple and silver silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Rone Academy.

Jace Solo
02-03-2009, 11:29 PM
a sleeveless dark chainsil tunic bearing the seal of the Ne'Yuscarl

I compare what I want to .. a silver and green silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Silvergate Inn or a purple and silver silk tabard emblazoned with the crest of Rone Academy.

So far after reading all that I get a seven green trees over a silver horizontal oval.
Or, seven green trees over the Silver Vale of a horizontal Oval.

So...a sleeveless dark chainsil tunic emblazoned on the chest with seven green trees over a Silver Vale (Or a horizontal oval).

I didn't check the words to see if they fit into the alter numbers...that's just quick brainstorming.

If they don't have a seal specific...I think you can easily make one up to be accepted provided it's in bounds...which that would seem to be.

iJin
02-04-2009, 12:11 PM
That is one long ass alter, oi.

Irsila
02-06-2009, 08:31 PM
a sleeveless dark chainsil tunic bearing a stylized ring of aspens

Inspire
02-06-2009, 08:43 PM
They came back and denied the alter idea again saying the pin worn dress couldn't go to a pin worn tunic, although it was originally a tunic. I don't see the logic in that decision personally but oh well.

DCSL
02-06-2009, 09:46 PM
This is one of those in-person merchant ideas. I've seen worse. You could definitely get away with it with some alterers but "Sadie" is the toughest of the tough. Sadie is where all the GMs are forced to abide by the actual written rules and then even some more specific rules that apply only to "her" as well. When you want to get an alteration from Sadie, go for your very tamest idea.

Inspire
02-06-2009, 10:08 PM
They said the verb had to stay a dress. What tailor couldn't make a shirt out of a dress?

I just think it just sucks for premium members. You pay an extra fee per month and you can't even use one of the benefits you're supposed to get. Any regular old alterer seems better for a lot less cash.

Jace Solo
02-06-2009, 11:24 PM
wait for one of the events you can get picked to win. They are pretty forgiving there.
Any noun as long as it's imaginable...so has been the little experience I've had.

Jace Solo
02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
next step...apply to be a GM to help the little guy!