PDA

View Full Version : Full plate +

pmauddib
02-02-2009, 04:44 PM
I am looking for a set of full plate that I will be enchanting to 10x with my PP points, so I don't want to pay extra for padding, or current high enchants. I wouldn't mind paying extra for spikes and/or flares. Lightened armor is a plus. My character is a giantman, if anyone happens to have armor that is race specific.

Lucos
02-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I would grab a set that has no spikes, flares or anything if you are going to use PP to enchant it up to 10X. There is a PP surcharge for each enchant with items that have special abilities (flares and spikes). Enchant it up and get flares/spikes added later at a merchant or something.

pmauddib
02-02-2009, 07:16 PM
I am weighing my luck at merchants vs waiting a few more months, I heard the surcharge isn't too bad for spikes. All the plate armor I have right now has temp padding on it... too bad for PP enchanting they treat it the same as real padding :wtf: Anyway, I have always wanted to try out some spiked or flared armor.

pmauddib
02-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Thump

Belnia
02-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Spikes surcharge is either 500 or 600 per enchant. So even going 7x to 10x you'll be paying an extra 1500 or 1800 for those spikes.

pmauddib
02-05-2009, 11:56 AM
wait what?
You mean they add a surcharge every +5 you go, not just a charge for the enchant. I thought it was something like this: (base charge for extras like light padding,1000) + 500 for every +5 the final enchant you wanted it to be. So if I had 4x lightly padded armor, and if I wanted it to be +50, it would be an additional 5000 for a total of 6000. Is that correct?

But the way you are saying it works in this hypothetical situation it would run me 11000 premium points? If I am understanding you correctly, is this a special add on they charge only for spiked, or is this for any special ability?

Fallen
02-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Usually any special ability. They will RECHARGE you for every step in the enchant process, 4 to 5 +surcharge, 5 to 6 +surcharge, etc.

Things that SHOULDN'T be charged is Blessed armor, Temp Resistance (like ranger resistance), and Temp padding. I don't know WTF they are charging you for temp padding. You should ask about that on the official boards under the Four Winds Isle, Premium Benefits folder.

thefarmer
02-05-2009, 12:18 PM
wait what?
You mean they add a surcharge every +5 you go, not just a charge for the enchant. I thought it was something like this: (base charge for extras like light padding,1000) + 500 for every +5 the final enchant you wanted it to be. So if I had 4x lightly padded armor, and if I wanted it to be +50, it would be an additional 5000 for a total of 6000. Is that correct?

But the way you are saying it works in this hypothetical situation it would run me 11000 premium points? If I am understanding you correctly, is this a special add on they charge only for spiked, or is this for any special ability?

You idea would make sense if they could take something from 5x-10x in one shot. Unfortunately they don't. each +5 is a separate step.

That's also why most people don't et up to 10x. It's not worth it.

pmauddib
02-05-2009, 01:22 PM
let me make sure I understand dis then. premium points suck ass? I have played for 50 months, and I could only go to 6x from 4x with no specials?

thefarmer
02-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Points are nice provided 3 things.

1. You have a shitton of them yourself
2. You can get them cheap from a friend
3. You have the cash to blow on buying them for absurd prices

kookiegod
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Premium points are a 'long term benefit' for paying extra for premium.

Its not designed to give every player 10x gear or padded this, or enhansive that. That would be fairly bad design. As it is, premium offers a ton of benefits that I kinda find worthwhile <gaze>. Titles, padding, enchanting, flares, scripting, checkbooks... not everyone plays the game the same way, so it offers options.

The best way to make some nice plate is to buy some 4-5x plate, get a wizard to take it to 6-7x, then pad it.

Or take it to 8x from 7x, then acid flares...whichever is more fun to you.

Its still gonna be awesome stuff.

~Paul

pmauddib
02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
well poop on a stick, its my fault for thinking I had a shitload of them. But it still sucks. I guess I will look around for some nice crit padded, or spiked/flaring 4x or so, and join sunfist for some damage padding too. I'll keep storing up the premium points until they are worth using or selling.

kookiegod
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Drop me a PM, i got a couple of things you might be interested in buying, or trading the points you have for em.

~Paul