PDA

View Full Version : Cascading...overdone

DianaBanana
02-07-2004, 09:14 PM
The word cascade is being overused in hair alterations.

Just my two cents. :baa:

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2004, 09:16 PM
So is the whole medieval theme. This is GemStone, not Dungeons and Dragons. People act like this is a roleplaying game. I want to see more computers and hacking, not with a sword, but with a keyboard w00t.

Shari
02-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Awww, somebody forgot to give you your meds today, huh Bobby?

Lemme get the cheese balls and we'll fix you right up...

With that said, I agree on the cascading. There are a dozen other words to use, not to mention other ways to describe hair falling down someone's back.

Mine sweeps down my shoulders.

The Cat In The Hat
02-08-2004, 02:31 AM
I have cascadeing hair! But Ive had it for a fairly long time I just havn't had the chance to get it cut. yes, I agree that's been overused and trust me I would change it given the chance.

Cat

AnticorRifling
02-08-2004, 09:26 AM
Overused? What do you mean?!

You see Chandani Divali.
She appears to be a Human.
She appears to be in the spring of life and shorter than average. She has hypnotically penetrating, yet comforting silver-flecked storm grey eyes and fair skin. She has extremely long, glossy black hair with vibrant cerulean highlights that frames her face delicately, and tumbles loosely over her shoulders before cascading past her hips in wild tousled masses. She has a round face, a classical nose and expressive, full pouty wine-red lips.
She has an ebon-studded silver half-ring in her left eyebrow, a simple veniom ring in her right nostril, a trio of delicate pentagram-etched moonstone studs joined by a fine silver chain in the upper ridge of her right ear, a thin black vaalin spike in her lip, some silver sapphire-dusted hoops in the upper ridge of her left ear, a circle of gracefully intertwined Giantman runes of devotion inked in deep indigo and touched with highlights of silver on her arm, and a ring of silver stars tattoo on her finger.

You see Toy.
She appears to be an Elf.
She appears to be of a tender age and shorter than average. She has expressive, shimmering silvery-violet eyes and slightly flushed, velvety soft ivory skin. She has extremely long, pink hair worn in two pigtails which tumble carelessly over her shoulders and cascade far below her hips. She has a heart-shaped face, a button nose and small pointed ears.
She has a delicate mithril stud inset with a tiny faceted pink dreamstone in her left nostril, a diminutive pink mithril hoop adorned with a tiny crown-shaped charm in her lip, a series of tiny pink mithril rings decorated with miniature dangling crystal monkeys set along the slender tips of her pointed ears, a tiny toymaker tattoo on her finger, a tiny rainbow glaes ring in her right eyebrow, and a tattooed spiral of marching toys on her neck.

Miss X
02-08-2004, 09:34 AM
Chica has cascading, I really don't care that its overused to be honest. For a while I thought about changing it because everyone complains about it but really why does anyone give a fuck? I honestly couldn't care less if every charecter in GS had cascading hair. I think it suits my charecter so I like it. :)

Ilvane
02-08-2004, 10:43 AM
My bard has it, and I think it looks good. I do admit that Chandani's feature alter is scary, and some people have everything done so it looks horrid.

I should also mention that Toy looks terrible!!

-A

She appears to be in the prime of life and shorter than average. She has long-lashed jade green eyes and ivory skin. She has long, silky ebon hair that cascades to her waist in elegant spirals. She has a heart-shaped face and rosy cheeks.

[Edited on 2-8-2004 by Ilvane]

StrayRogue
02-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Everyone has fucking cascading hair, and this is by far not the first time its been mentioned. I feel sorry for Summerlyn, the original person who got it done.

Ilvane
02-08-2004, 11:27 AM
It can be nice if understated.;) Some people just go too far!

-A

Galleazzo
02-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Everyone has fucking cascading hair, and this is by far not the first time its been mentioned. I feel sorry for Summerlyn, the original person who got it done.
Can't help but figure you're right.

It ain't just the cascading. It's like those descriptions of Chandani and Toy. Why is everyone a frigging supermodel, with bewitchingly lovely eyes and full ripe figures and shimmering cascading tresses that always fall to the waist and incandescent complexions? Right now I'd stand up and applaud someone who popped for feature alterations to get "lanky, stringy, greasy hair" or "a just-barely pubescent figure" or "dull, careworn eyes."

Shalla
02-09-2004, 10:45 AM
You see Lady Shalla Askanni the Deceiver.
She appears to be a Dhe'nar Dark Elf.
She appears to have come of age and average height. She has sultry stormy grey eyes and dusky skin. She has long, windswept ruby-beaded silver hair that softly caresses her cheeks and falls in a graceful cascade down her back. She has a delicate face, a classical nose and slightly upswept pointed ears.

Yep. I have cascade.

Moist Happenings
02-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Miss X
Chica has cascading, I really don't care that its overused to be honest. For a while I thought about changing it because everyone complains about it but really why does anyone give a fuck? I honestly couldn't care less if every charecter in GS had cascading hair. I think it suits my charecter so I like it. :)

Quiet down, pinky. ;)

Also..

I just think it's another one of those deals with the belly chains and the belly gems and all that crap. One person had it, all the other women liked it, all the other women had to have it as well. Except this one won't go away when it becomes unfashionable. They're stuck with it.

[Edited on 2-9-2004 by Neff]

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-09-2004, 11:00 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I want to see a neg mod attached to hair down to your ankles when in combat.

Messaging like so would be great!

You see Longhairedperson trip on their long ass cumbersome hair and impale themselves on their on sword. What a dumb ass!

You laugh quietly to yourself as Longhairedperson cascades down the stairs they are trying to navigate, as you accidently step on their hair.

And piercings! Let rogues do their nosetweak thing on piercings. I personally would LOVE to see someone I'm in a fight with, with all kinds of metal, grabbable objects for me to painfully twist and jerk out of their weak flesh. You want piercings? Give a fucking penalty to them.

Kia
02-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Feature alterations are probably the hardest for me to think up.

Cascading is a good word to use :P

KIA.

Shalla
02-09-2004, 11:08 AM
Some of us are spell casters. Besides.. Mind is windswept. so as I move to dodge.. I just turn my head Loréal style and it turns that way. :smilegrin:

Whining... is over done.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-09-2004, 11:09 AM
oh, side note, I don't care about the adverb used to describe their hair. Just keep it real. Hair down to you ankles, while perhaps pretty, isn't very easy to fight in.

Shari
02-10-2004, 02:53 AM
I've really tried to keep Jesae a normal looking girl. I mean she isn't ugly, but she's not drop dead gorgeous either. Of course since I rerolled her she is back to the basics but I'm hoping to have her spiffed back up.

And as soon as body shapes are allowed again Jesae is getting a slender, boyish figure. No amazing boobs or ass to speak off.

A body shape that I myself, would kill to have.

02-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Someone think up an average description and i promise i'll get it.

CrystalTears
02-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

I want to see a neg mod attached to hair down to your ankles when in combat.

Heh, let's not give Moondia (I believe that's her name) and her sister another reason to snag their hair on their sword hilt whenever they move.

[Edited on 2/10/2004 by CrystalTears]