PDA

View Full Version : Ah ha ha

Pallon
02-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Dateline 2/7/2004: SKIN VALUES AFFECTED BY HUNTING PRESSURE

Elated with his good fortune, a trapper near Icemule was overheard today saying, "Daggummit, about time that furrier started payin' me more for me pelts! Ain't just any ol' trapper that can get a wolverine, is it? No sir, I told 'im, ya want me rare pelts, ya pay me good prices! The old coot finally agreed, but he told me if too many started comin' in, he was gonna drop the prices back. Haw! I ain't worried. Ain't just any trapper can get a wolverine!"

-------------------------------------

A change to the skinning system was implemented today to factor in hunting pressure, similar to the model used with other forms of treasure. The pelts of creatures that are underhunted will be more valuable than normal, while the pelts of creatures that are overhunted will be devalued. This will not apply to the very lowest level creatures, as it is expected that creatures like giant rats will be heavily hunted.

END NEWS ITEM

Latrinsorm
02-07-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm gonna be freaking rich!!!! Nobody ever skin war trolls ever again, k? Finally I get some luck. Bout time that karma kicked in.

Hulkein
02-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Very good idea, and in Simu's case good job on actually putting in something logical and worthwhile.

Weedmage Princess
02-07-2004, 08:30 PM
You know, a month or so back I was thinking of something like this..though a bit different. I was thinking that pelts/gems should be worth more in towns they are not common in. Like dragonsbreath sapphires and Teras should get you more silver at the Landing gemshop than they would at the shop on Teras...or Dreadnought Raptor feathers get you more in the Icemule furrier.

Anyway yeah, good call. Plus this will inspire people to switch up hunting areas so no one place stays crowded.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2004, 08:33 PM
That makes sense, but it's easy to abuse in GS. Hunt in the Landing. Keep all your skins and gems in a container. Hunt for a long time. Go to another town. Sell. Live and hunt in that town for a long time. Go back to the Landing. Sell.

Pierat
02-07-2004, 08:59 PM
How is that Abuse bob? I would say its smart and logical......and common sense in real life as well as this "fake life"

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Because it was encourage AFK scripting even more.

Latrinsorm
02-07-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
That makes sense, but it's easy to abuse in GS. Hunt in the Landing. Keep all your skins and gems in a container. Hunt for a long time. Go to another town. Sell. Live and hunt in that town for a long time. Go back to the Landing. Sell. But that'll only help pures who don't worry about encumbrance, and they're already the ticket to richness anyway. I suppose you could locker them, which would favor premies, and they're already the golden children, too.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2004, 10:23 PM
<<But that'll only help pures who don't worry about encumbrance>>

Bobmuhthol weighs 375 pounds. He has 105 strength. He does not get encumbered easily.