PDA

View Full Version : Official: Sorta Secret (sorta pertains to Monks)

Rathgar
02-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Ok, I squirttled this out of a GM friend of mine. It's a partial list of unarmed combat abilities/manuevers. Looks like they are serious about this system. Anyhow, it'll be released as a demo officially shortly so it's not too much of a big deal. However, enjoy.

[@0 ranks]-Punch - An everyman's ability that nearly any thug or bar room pugilist can make. Default attack when kill/attack/ambushing with no weapon.

[@1 ranks] - Uppercut- A strong U-shaped punch starting from the waist of the attacker and hitting the chin or other body part of the target. (-UaA, +RT,+CD)

[@20 ranks]- Kick - A basic front kick (unaimable)

[@40 ranks]- Vertical Jab - Using the full momentum of the body through proper alignment with the fist, shoulders, and upper torso, can
make a quick and powerful attack ( - RT, - UaD for attacker, - - CD)

[@60ranks] - Side Kick - A skilled fast kick extending from the mid section of the body outward to the target. (aimable)

[@80 ranks] - Knee Strike - A crushing attack with the knees ( -UaA, - RT, -DS/UaD for attacker, + CD, lethal)

[@100ranks]- Takedown -Using one leg as a brace and over reaching the target's center of gravity can force an opponent to the ground.

[@120 ranks] - Grapple - Attempt to move in very close to the target and hold onto the arms or head area, no damage but can be coupled with other attacks to make them even
more effective.

[@140 ranks] - Roundhouse kick - A powerful circular kick that uses the momentum of the leg to land a crushing blow to the target. (+RT,-UaA, ++CD, lethal)

[@160 ranks] - Throw - Attempt to throw a person over the shoulders and slam them into the ground (+++RT, must be grappled, +++CD, lethal)

[@180 ranks] - Choke hold - Restrain target by clinching the neck with an arm, (Dodge bonus reduced to 0 for target, - -UaD/DS to target, takes concussive damage each round of the hold, attacker must be in grappling position with target)

[@200 ranks] - Back kick - One of the most powerful kicks in the attacker's arsenal. (+ + RT, - - UaD/DS for attacker during RT of attack, +++CD, lethal, can send target into different room)

[@220 ranks] - Jumping Spin Kick- A powerful kick using the spin momentum of the body for the attack (+ RT, - - UaA, +++CD,lethal, can force target to prone position)

[@240 ranks] - Flying Tiger - Attacker initiates the kick by running top speed then lunges and kicks target making full use of the body's entire momentum coupled with gravity (+++ RT, +++UaD, +++CD, lethal,can force target to prone position, can be initiated from an adjacent room)

Xaerve
02-01-2009, 01:36 PM
yawn

Danical
02-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Can the mod of this forum change the title to Not Official In Any Capacity.

kookiegod
02-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Oh god, having done martial arts for years, gimme a break.

Even if this was true...

[@80 ranks] - Knee Strike - A crushing attack with the knees ( -UaA, - RT, -DS/UaD for attacker, + CD, lethal)

Should be one of the best attacks, just watch any MMA.

[@100ranks]- Takedown -Using one leg as a brace and over reaching the target's center of gravity can force an opponent to the ground.

Should be a basic..

[@140 ranks] - Roundhouse kick - A powerful circular kick that uses the momentum of the leg to land a crushing blow to the target. (+RT,-UaA, ++CD, lethal)

Its not a circlular kick, thats a crecent kick. A roundhouse is a pivot kick after you pull it up and cock it.

[@200 ranks] - Back kick - One of the most powerful kicks in the attacker's arsenal. (+ + RT, - - UaD/DS for attacker during RT of attack, +++CD, lethal, can send target into different room)

A back kick is the least powerful kick in an arsenal.

[@220 ranks] - Jumping Spin Kick- A powerful kick using the spin momentum of the body for the attack (+ RT, - - UaA, +++CD,lethal, can force target to prone position)

I can do this, its a nice kick FOR SPARRING. I'd never use this in a real fight.

[@240 ranks] - Flying Tiger - Attacker initiates the kick by running top speed then lunges and kicks target making full use of the body's entire momentum coupled with gravity (+++ RT, +++UaD, +++CD, lethal,can force target to prone position, can be initiated from an adjacent room)

Not generally possible in GS. Anything can be coded, but other room attacks have not been done and I'd be surprised if they ever were.

And this is the Space Flying Tiger Drop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNXBXVwyQNc

And this is how to do a rear naked choke...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF2_pHisCw4

~Paul

<grona>

Euler
02-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh god, having done martial arts for years, gimme a break.

Even if this was true...

etc...

<grona>

I agree. Doesn't sound very realistic. Those moves may work great in sparring, but in an actual fight you would want to use a dwarven forged glovern claidhmore with lighting flares.

The Ponzzz
02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Can the mod of this forum change the title to Not Official In Any Capacity.

Please. Some of us use the "Official:" tag so we can search the forums for announcements.

diethx
02-01-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm still confused as to why this douche isn't banned. Isn't his BS at the very least considered spamming? If it's not, it should be. :(

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-01-2009, 03:12 PM
WHERE IS BARREL ROLL?!

Swami71
02-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm impressed if he made this all up by himself. :shrug:

Stanley Burrell
02-01-2009, 03:34 PM
I think they should've gone with a Gregorian theme.

You forgot:

[@260 ranks] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7wc55oXWf8)

thefarmer
02-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Ok, I squirttled this out of a GM friend of mine. It's a partial list of unarmed combat abilities/manuevers. Looks like they are serious about this system. Anyhow, it'll be released as a demo officially shortly so it's not too much of a big deal. However, enjoy.

[@0 ranks]-Punch - An everyman's ability that nearly any thug or bar room pugilist can make. Default attack when kill/attack/ambushing with no weapon.

[@1 ranks] - Uppercut- A strong U-shaped punch starting from the waist of the attacker and hitting the chin or other body part of the target. (-UaA, +RT,+CD)

[@20 ranks]- Kick - A basic front kick (unaimable)

[@40 ranks]- Vertical Jab - Using the full momentum of the body through proper alignment with the fist, shoulders, and upper torso, can
make a quick and powerful attack ( - RT, - UaD for attacker, - - CD)

[@60ranks] - Side Kick - A skilled fast kick extending from the mid section of the body outward to the target. (aimable)

[@120 ranks] - Grapple - Attempt to move in very close to the target and hold onto the arms or head area, no damage but can be coupled with other attacks to make them even
more effective.

[@160 ranks] - Throw - Attempt to throw a person over the shoulders and slam them into the ground (+++RT, must be grappled, +++CD, lethal)

[@180 ranks] - Choke hold - Restrain target by clinching the neck with an arm, (Dodge bonus reduced to 0 for target, - -UaD/DS to target, takes concussive damage each round of the hold, attacker must be in grappling position with target)

He should be banned for spreading false official info.

If it's not a bannable offense, it should be changed.

Rathgar
02-01-2009, 07:30 PM
[@260 ranks] - Crane's Neck - Once defender is in prone and grappled position the attacker can attempt to snap the neck of the defender by twisting the head for immediate death.

[@280 ranks] - Dragon's Maw - Once an opponent is KO, the attacker can attempt to plunge his hand into the target's chest cavity and remove the heart.

[@300 ranks] - The Quivering Hand (Death Touch) - Attainable through quest only. The culmination of a master fighters life's work, this attack is beyond comparison the most difficult and most deadly of all the unarmed combat skills. The attacker initiates the skill by a standard unarmed combat attack. The attack if it succeeds or fails will have no noticeable affects,however, a perceptive person will notice small ripples of vibration in the clothing and armor of the defender when the attack was being made. For the next 48 hours the attacker can at any time -will- his opponent to die from anywhere in Elanthia, and if the defender loses the mental struggle between the attacker that defender will die instantly.

--->Grapple-->Choke Hold-->Crane's Neck
|
->Takedown-----> Kick, Side Kick etc.
|
Grapple
|
|
----------> Throw, Knee Strike, Punch, Choke hold.

*Each pathway can add or subtract the difficulty in which the next action can occur depending on attacker/defender stance, position, wounds etc.. Further each pathway can be disrupted by either failing (defender blocks/dodges) or failing badly and then having a counter attack, in which case the flow of the battle can quickly turn back against the initial aggressor.

+Each brawling skill should have a very fast RT time, with a skill like jab having a 1 second RT and probably no skill having more then 4-5 seconds of RT. What I believe the theme of unarmed combat should be is adrenaline pumping, fast paced,think on your feet action that is unique from the normal combat experience.

Basic notes on monks: Able to train 3x in the brawling skill, spell list can include flaring hands/feet, DF booster for unarmed combat, and anything else that may assist brawling ability as well as spells that cater to other monk-like abilties.

Back
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Unarmed combat has already been very successfully done in other text games. Why GS is so behind with it, and their current spell circles, is the real question? HJ development?

Rathgar
02-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Even if HJ came out, I think it'll look like an asian mmo where it takes like 2+ years to "cap". It really won't have too much differences other then the novelty of vultite or the Landing and other GS memories.

HJ will last all of 6 months for me... I like the detailness of the combat system in GS. HJ will just be about subtracting numbers from your enemies health bar.

GS4_HappyTimez
02-01-2009, 10:33 PM
This guy has no idea what the unarmed combat system contains. The [multiple] GMs I've gotten information from have mentioned NONE of the above ""maneuvers." I would actually be surprised if he had any actual friends... let alone GM friends.

LadyLaphrael
02-01-2009, 11:21 PM
This guy has no idea what the unarmed combat system contains. The [multiple] GMs I've gotten information from have mentioned NONE of the above ""maneuvers." I would actually be surprised if he had any actual friends... let alone GM friends.

But man oh man, wouldn't it be AMAZING if these maneuvers worked with the STANCES! The STANCES, people!

Danical
02-02-2009, 12:24 AM

If I didn't think you two were the same person . . .

thefarmer
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Which is worse?

Arguing with yourself in GS/Monk threads?

Arguing with yourself in politics threads?

StrayRogue
02-02-2009, 07:47 AM
People are whining about realism in GS?

HAHAHAHAHA

Baelog
02-02-2009, 02:45 PM
http://kevinchiu.org/emote/facepalm.jpg

Timjirdos
02-02-2009, 06:07 PM

You have no idea either. Shut up and die in a fire already. Thanks.

Drunken Durfin
02-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Fuck monks.

Fuck people who post about monks before any official release.

Fuck people who put "Official" in front of total bullshit posts and waste our time.

Ignot
02-02-2009, 07:48 PM
I can't wait for Wrestlers to come out. I officially heard this, it's kind of a secret but it's pretty much going to be like monks, savants, clerics, empaths, warriors, rogues, paladins, wizards, and rangers but with different messaging. It will PWN. This is unofficially official but they should be released in 2010!

Timjirdos
02-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Rathgar, GS4_HappyTimez:

http://eighty1.net/images/misc/stopposting/stop-posting.jpg