PDA

View Full Version : +12 claidh weighted flamberge for...

Lomoriond
01-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Enruned blued-steel flamberge

Four feet of precision wavy blade, blued until it resembles watered silk, has been acid-etched with intricate runic patterns running from blade tip to thrak hide-wrapped ricassa. A damascened gold and silver hilt and quillion add another two feet to the length of this already imposing weapon. Impressed within the pommel lies an onyx intaglio of a rampant firecat. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

+12 enchanted, true flamberge base (WBS 7) and "expert" weighted

I've enjoyed the hell out of this thing so far, but I'm starting to dislike the low enchant (my warrior is a gnome) and the heavy weight (see previous excuse)... plus it's 6 feet of weapon on a 3 foot gnome, and I've always kind of envisioned my gnome to be a dual wielding warrior, so I figured I'd see if there was any trade interest in it.

Willing to trade it for:
A decent edged weapon (or a pair of them ideally)
A two hander or pole arm with a higher enchant
Full plate armor

PM for/with details or questions

Lomoriond
02-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Still considering trades for this bad boy

Lomoriond
03-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Someone asked, so I figured I would post it here... assessment under the new system:

You assess the flamberge for structural weaknesses and strengths.

Careful examination indicates the blued-steel flamberge has a base strength of 95 and a base durability of 240. You also determine the current integrity of the blued-steel flamberge to be at 100.0%.

Checking out the flamberge, it looks like it is expertly weighted to inflict more critical blows than a normal weapon of its type.

Roundtime: 22 sec.

And some shots of it in action:

>amb og back
You swing an enruned blued-steel flamberge at a black forest ogre!
AS: +382 vs DS: +277 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +10 = +155
... and hit for 100 points of damage!
Masterful slash to the black forest ogre's lower back!
Spinal cord and life are just memories now.
The light in a black forest ogre's eyes goes out as he collapses and finally dies.
The black forest ogre no longer bristles with energy.
A black forest ogre glances around, looking a bit less confident.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding a black forest ogre suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves a black forest ogre.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around a black forest ogre.
The bright luminescence fades from around a black forest ogre.
The shimmering multicolored sphere fades from around a black forest ogre.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

>ambush vip neck
You swing an enruned blued-steel flamberge at a black forest viper!
AS: +366 vs DS: +287 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +1 = +120
... and hit for 29 points of damage!
You hear several snaps as the black forest viper's neck is broken in several places.
The black forest viper twists and coils violently in its death throes, finally going still.

>ambush
You swing an enruned blued-steel flamberge at a black forest viper!
AS: +366 vs DS: +322 with AvD: +40 + d100 roll: +30 = +114
... and hit for 21 points of damage!
Neck broken.
The black forest viper twitches several times before dying.
The black forest viper twists and coils violently in its death throes, finally going still.

>ms ogre
You are still a bit winded from your last flurry of attacks, but you focus to push the strain in your muscles from your mind.
You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
You explode into a fury of strikes and ripostes, moving with a singular purpose and will!
AS: +382 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +75 = +252
... and hit for 97 points of damage!
Feint left spins the black forest ogre around!
Jagged slash to lower back.
The black forest ogre is stunned!
AS: +382 vs DS: +220 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +90 = +294
... and hit for 142 points of damage!
Blow to stomach rearranges some organs!
AS: +382 vs DS: +208 with AvD: +42 + d100 roll: +11 = +227
... and hit for 110 points of damage!
Deft slash!
The black forest ogre is spun around and hit hard in his lower back.
A black forest ogre falls prone to the ground, twitches one last time and dies.

Your series of strikes and ripostes leaves you winded and out of position.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

Sile
03-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Beautifull weapon, and if you never got it off of Madmountan (I'm assuming you did). I would of had it.

But unfortunatly its now under claidh weighting.

wondrous
incredible
fantastic <-- standard claidhmores
phenomenal
expert
superb
masterful
exceptional
very heavy
heavy
decent
somewhat
light

Lomoriond
03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Right, but i can't edit the main heading of the post to read "expert", and it's still significantly over masterful (so still on the "claidh" scale, technically)

But yes... it's not full "claidhmore" weighted... I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking it is.

You should buy it from ME!

Sile
03-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Thought about giving you an offer, but I don't have any trades lol... Now buying... well maybe we can work a deal.

Widgets
03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Thought about giving you an offer, but I don't have any trades lol... Now buying... well maybe we can work a deal.

It's a Flamberge though Sile, a Flamberge!

Lomoriond
03-03-2009, 01:02 PM
I'd want 50m in cash to straight buy the weapon (since that's what I paid and how much money I would need for the replacement I have in mind)

I figured trades would be a better bet for finding what I need... the trade doesn't necessarily have to equal 50m, if it's something that suits me.

I'm mostly interested in a pair of handaxes or morning stars (something I could dual wield, so the off hand would need to be 4 pounds) but a 8x+ pole or two hander would be nice as well.

Belserath
03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I got an Old Waraxe in my locker, it is between 6-9 ish years old, has some scripts and some weighting etc...

dual-bladed crescent waraxe

look waraxe
The curved blades of the waraxe have been etched along their length with intricate runes. The edges of the once fine blades are chipped and jagged with wear. A small sunburst pattern has been embossed upon the roa'ter skin that wraps around the short vaalin haft of the axe. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

touch waraxe
You lightly run your fingers along the waraxe, admiring the keen razor-sharp edge.

wave waraxe
As you slice the waraxe through the air, it emanates a deep reverberating sound.

I know it does more but im not a verb monkey, I'll fiddle with it, if your interested.

Lomoriond
03-20-2009, 01:44 PM
The flamberge is no longer available