PDA

View Full Version : Best Chili Dog

Back
01-29-2009, 06:10 PM
I grew up in LA, Cali so I guess I’m spoiled.

Pinks.
Tommys.
Papoo’s Hot Dog Show.
Weinerschnizel.
Carls Jr.

To name but a few of the fine dining establishments one could get a decent if not great chili dog at.

Now here on the east coast its slim pickins. Checkers is very decent plus the fries are pretty damn good. But its either Checkers or 7-11 festering dogs on stale bun with chili and cheese from a dispenser and condiments that have been sitting out for god knows how long.

I’ve been doing research so today I hit Union Station for a place called Frank & Stein (dogs and drafts) only to find out its a food court place in the basement of a train station AND its gone. So I girded my loins and had one at Johnny Rockets down there and left feeling more disgusted than satisfied. /rant

Anyway, in the spirit of the other threads of similar nature where is the best chili dog? I have to go with Tommy's in the valley then Pinks in Hollywood.

Best Build: Grilled dog, chili with no beans and a thick gravy consistancy, american slices, dijon mustard and fresh diced onions. Maybe a spot of ketchup.

diethx
01-29-2009, 06:27 PM

Did you really need to elaborate on where LA was? lol

I've never been huge on chili dogs, but the ones from The Varsity and Krystal are pretty good. And of course grilled at home.

Back
01-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Did you really need to elaborate on where LA was? lol

I've never been huge on chili dogs, but the ones from The Varsity and Krystal are pretty good. And of course grilled at home.

It was redundant, yes, considering the places I mentioned. But also so people didn’t think I meant Louisiana (also LA).

diethx
01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Oh true.

Beguiler
01-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Betty Russell Park snack bar during softball season!

Khariz
01-29-2009, 06:51 PM
It was redundant, yes, considering the places I mentioned. But also so people didn’t think I meant Louisiana (also LA).

And in Alabama...people are so proud of where they live that LA means Lower Alabama.

For srsly.

Widgets
01-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Pinks.
Tommys.
Papoo’s Hot Dog Show.
Weinerschnizel.
Carls Jr.

To name but a few of the fine dining establishments one could get a decent if not great chili dog at.

Now here on the east coast its slim pickins. Checkers is very decent plus the fries are pretty damn good. But its either Checkers or 7-11 festering dogs on stale bun with chili and cheese from a dispenser and condiments that have been sitting out for god knows how long.

I’ve been doing research so today I hit Union Station for a place called Frank & Stein (dogs and drafts) only to find out its a food court place in the basement of a train station AND its gone. So I girded my loins and had one at Johnny Rockets down there and left feeling more disgusted than satisfied. /rant

Anyway, in the spirit of the other threads of similar nature where is the best chili dog? I have to go with Tommy's in the valley then Pinks in Hollywood.

Best Build: Grilled dog, chili with no beans and a thick gravy consistancy, american slices, dijon mustard and fresh diced onions. Maybe a spot of ketchup.

Apparently you've never been to a Nathan's before...We have them on the East Coast ya know.

Skeeter
01-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Skyline is a cincinnati original, and I'd rank it up there with any.

Nathan's regular hotdogs are great, never had a chili dog though.

Back
01-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Apparently you've never been to a Nathan's before...We have them on the East Coast ya know.

Yah, done that, on Coney Island and Papaya's in NYC. But they did not beat Tommy's in LA.

Currently I’m in the culinary wasteland of DC/VA/MD. I say that in good hearted kidding. There is some spectacular food out here of all kinds. (crab cakes) But no decent chili dogs. :(

Auntie Annes in Reagan National Airport uses Nathan’s for their pretzel dogs which is a must when traveling. But its not a chili dog.

Nieninque
01-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Enough with the "What's your favourite [insert snack/drink/penis here]" threads already. It's like reading the ramblings of a bunch of ten year olds.

diethx
01-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Enough with the "What's your favourite [insert snack/drink/penis here]" threads already. It's like reading the ramblings of a bunch of ten year olds.

Enough with the sand in your vagina already. No one else seems to have a stick up their ass about these threads. In fact, people seem to be enjoying them.

Beguiler
01-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Don't be a wanker!

Back
01-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Best fish and chips. Bolton, England. But thats another thread.

Back
01-31-2009, 02:02 AM
Cunt.

Sean of the Thread
01-31-2009, 03:08 AM
The best chili dog??? Hmmmm.. the one in your asshole dicklicker.