PDA

View Full Version : weapon bonding

Euler
01-29-2009, 06:04 PM
how does one earn bonding ranks. Is it when a hit is scored? A swing is attempted? Do mstrike swings count? Berzerks? Could one berserk in say the shades with a non blessed weapon and get credit toward bonding?

Also, as a side note, how much weighting do claids actually have?

Durgrimst
01-29-2009, 06:07 PM
I believe claids are +40 points. Normal Incredible weighting is +30 if I am not mistaken, so its some serious weighting.

Khariz
01-29-2009, 06:08 PM
how does one earn bonding ranks. Is it when a hit is scored? A swing is attempted? Do mstrike swings count? Berzerks? Could one berserk in say the shades with a non blessed weapon and get credit toward bonding?

Also, as a side note, how much weighting do claids actually have?

It has something to do with actual KILLS while holding a weapon. You have to be able to get EXP for the kills. I think the sword actually earns some type of EXP when you are holding it and get a kill. Note that sword doesn't actually have to KILL the creature to get credit.

Someone has proven that he could hold a weapon in his hand, do Voln Fu to kill the creatures and still bond to the weapon without swining it hardly at all. I'm not sure if this is still possible.

Claidhmores have 40 points of crit-weighting (incredible weighted starts at 25 points).

Euler
01-29-2009, 06:09 PM
thanks both

Khariz
01-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Let me also say that I've now successfully bonded to a weapon from rank 0 to rank 5 over 50 times. I'm so poorly indecisive. Luckily, berserking in warcamps really does the trick fast.

TheLastShamurai
01-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Let me also say that I've now successfully bonded to a weapon from rank 0 to rank 5 over 50 times. I'm so poorly indecisive. Luckily, berserking in warcamps really does the trick fast.

you should keep a list.

like how many times you bond a particular weapon, because i am assuming it wasn't 50 completely different weapons.

Khariz
01-29-2009, 06:54 PM
you should keep a list.

like how many times you bond a particular weapon, because i am assuming it wasn't 50 completely different weapons.

Correct.

Off the top of my head:

I've bonded to my claid-weighted greataxe on 6 different occassions.

My claid-weighted mattock on 4 different occasions

Sorrow on 2 different occasions.

A 5.5x permanent poison flaring maul twice

A 4x HCP maul 2 or 3 times.

The claid weighted flamberge twice.

I'm very finicky.

Moist Happenings
01-31-2009, 11:40 AM
I dunno anything about warrior bonding, but I'm relatively sure Paladin bonding is based on amount of experience, not kills. I actually gained bonding two bonding ranks while resting in town after a hunt. Warrior bonding might work the same way. At any rate, it took me about a level and a half to get the full 5 ranks of it. Makes sense that it would work in somewhat the same fashion as warrior.

Khariz
01-31-2009, 11:59 AM
I dunno anything about warrior bonding, but I'm relatively sure Paladin bonding is based on amount of experience, not kills. I actually gained bonding two bonding ranks while resting in town after a hunt. Warrior bonding might work the same way. At any rate, it took me about a level and a half to get the full 5 ranks of it. Makes sense that it would work in somewhat the same fashion as warrior.

I think it is exp, but it's not absorbed exp while holding the blade, it's earned exp when the mob is killed (while holding the blade). For warriors though, the blade can't "level up" to the next bond rank until the next swing/kill though. I have no idea how that differs for paladins.