PDA

View Full Version : Official: Mist Harbor Contest

Fallen
01-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Greetings and Salutations!

Im running my first Mist Harbor Contest.

I am looking for new and unique bottled beverages of the spirited flavor.

These beverages need to be refined. I'm not looking for gut-rot or sewer swill, at least not this time.

I'll need the following:

a bottle design
a name of the brew
2 flavor messages

If this is to be a racial beverage, then I'll need 2 additional racial messages.

Examples:

A bottle of moonflower wine
Crafted of smooth glass, the bottle has had a bit of red dye added to it during the firing process that creates a pinkish swirl that rings its base. The bottom of the piece is plump and squat, while the top is narrow and fitted with a thick cork. Wrapped around the neck of the bottle is a slender silver chain with a thin plaque attached to it.

Messaging: Normal
a) It tastes perfectly sweet, its flavors balanced in a spectacular array of succulent berries and a subtle taste of moonflower.
b) The flowery aroma wafts over your senses in a dizzying haze of sinful pleasure, and the subtle sweetness lingers in your mouth.

Messaging: Racial
a) The wine tingles pleasurably along your tongue and evokes a silent melody of sweetness swirled with the heady fragrance of moonflowers.
b) The heady fragrance of the wine washes over you in pleasant waves, its sweetness tickling your elven senses with its subtle flavors of berries and moonflowers.

Types of alcohol I'm looking for:

Brandy
Wine
Ale
Rum
Liquor - think Tuoca, Sambuca, etc.

When making your names:

Do not name them after your PC
If you name them after something in History provide a link

Have fun with this! Be creative!

What tastes good to one person, doesn't to another, so don't worry about oddity!

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
(At this point, I tried to summon the crows, by doing a tribal dance in the barrows and singing "Heerre crowie crowie crowie. Oosh oosh." That didn't work.) -- Coyoterre

This message was originally posted in Towns, Mist Harbor (Premium). To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=18&message=2376 (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=18&message=2376)

Fallen
01-29-2009, 07:29 AM
We could use a Mist Harbor folder.

Drew2
01-29-2009, 11:04 AM
It's Tuaca, nub. Not Tuoca.

I am of course speaking to Thandiwe.

NocturnalRob
01-29-2009, 11:10 AM
It's Tuaca, nub. Not Tuoca.
who cares? it tastes like bottled ass either way.

Drew2
01-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Tuaca Bombs are delicious and you, sir, have a lazy pallet.

NocturnalRob
01-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Tuaca Bombs are delicious and you, sir, have a lazy pallet.
it's palate, dumbshit.

Rue
01-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Tuaca, spiced rum (Captain Morgans), warmed apple juice topped with a little whip cream in a very large coffee cup.

Drink it up yum!

Fallen
02-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Greetings and Salutations!

I'm clearly a clod. I'm reposting the contest with all the information that I forgot to add to it.

I'm running my first Mist Harbor Contest.

I am looking for new and unique bottled beverages of the spirited flavor.

These beverages need to be refined. I'm not looking for gut-rot or sewer swill, at least not this time.

I'll need the following:

a bottle design
a name of the brew
2 flavor messages

If this is to be a racial beverage, then I'll need 2 additional racial messages.

Examples:

A bottle of moonflower wine
Crafted of smooth glass, the bottle has had a bit of red dye added to it during the firing process that creates a pinkish swirl that rings its base. The bottom of the piece is plump and squat, while the top is narrow and fitted with a thick cork. Wrapped around the neck of the bottle is a slender silver chain with a thin plaque attached to it.

Messaging: Normal
a) It tastes perfectly sweet, its flavors balanced in a spectacular array of succulent berries and a subtle taste of moonflower.
b) The flowery aroma wafts over your senses in a dizzying haze of sinful pleasure, and the subtle sweetness lingers in your mouth.

Messaging: Racial
a) The wine tingles pleasurably along your tongue and evokes a silent melody of sweetness swirled with the heady fragrance of moonflowers.
b) The heady fragrance of the wine washes over you in pleasant waves, its sweetness tickling your elven senses with its subtle flavors of berries and moonflowers.

Types of alcohol I'm looking for:

Brandy
Wine
Ale
Rum
Liquor - think Tuoca, Sambuca, etc.

When making your names:

Do not name them after your PC
If you name them after something in History provide a link

Have fun with this! Be creative!

What tastes good to one person, doesn't to another, so don't worry about oddity!

I forgot to mention. When submitting entries to this contest, please send them to GS4-Thandiwe@play.net (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=mailto:GS4-Thandiwe@play.net).

Also, I'm going to run the contest from between now and February 15th.

You do not need to be a premium member to participate.

Winning entries, there will be five winners, will get one of the following:

1 line of feature alterations (ie eyes AND skin, OR hair, OR face, nose, distinguishing mark, OR unique field)
a tattoo (with added detail)
15 minutes of alteration time

Make sure the title of your entry is in the form of:

Mist Harbor Booze-athon

Lastly, You may have as many entries as you like, but you can only win once.

The contest ends February 20th.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
(At this point, I tried to summon the crows, by doing a tribal dance in the barrows and singing "Heerre crowie crowie crowie. Oosh oosh." That didn't work.) -- Coyoterre

This message was originally posted in Towns, Mist Harbor (Premium). To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=18&message=2397 (http://www.play.net/forums/redirect.asp?URL=http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=19&topic=18&message=2397)

Fallen
02-03-2009, 10:00 AM
On an unrelated note: Thandiwe rocks.

BigWorm
02-03-2009, 12:55 PM
On an unrelated note: Thandiwe rocks.

Also she is hot.

Fallen
02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Meh. Looked like a typical elf to me.

Danical
02-24-2009, 02:39 AM
What the Jesus Titty Fucking Christ?

Fallen
02-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Greetings,

I have to say, I was very impressed with the entries and the volume of entries. I'm really excited to use them, so keep your eyes open!

That said, congratulations go to the winners! They are:

Althamae
Belnia
Bremerial
Dhask
Coquina
Jesae
Lunaryna
Missoni
Pasht
Rhale
Sharnath

Watch for my next contest!

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~

Winter's Kiss
02-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Huh.. I won. Didn't even see that.. Go figure. Hurray for alcohol..

The Ponzzz
02-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I sent in 2 ideas, but the first was not really within the rules, so my second was the entry. Being a drinker pays off in GS sometimes.

Sharnath
02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
Sweet, now I have to figure out what my prize will be. I wonder how many items I can get altered in 15 minutes.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Winter's Kiss
02-27-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah, I sent in 2 ideas, but the first was not really within the rules, so my second was the entry. Being a drinker pays off in GS sometimes.

It does! I just wish I knew which one of my ideas won.. The rum or the wine.. Heh.

The Ponzzz
02-27-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure my coconut brandy won.

Winter's Kiss
02-28-2009, 01:25 AM
I'm thinking my wine won, but everyone I showed my entry said my rum was better, so who knows. Would be interesting to find out.