PDA

View Full Version : No context official boards moderator hidden or removed posts from Platinum

That Jay
01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Copy of your post 8931 from Platinum's General Discussions > No Sell Zone topic is below.

GM Emeradan

>Generally, if I see a post within this topic about the selling of items, I'm going to also assume that the items just aren't for sale but for trade and barter too.

If you are going to moderate a board more than halfway through Platinum's lifespan, it helps to know the historical context of a particular thread.

The heading "no sell zone" from its inception here, which predates even Emeradan's moderating, was tongue in cheek and was never intended to truly bar any sales within the folder (seeing as we do not have a sale folder one would think that fairly obvious). Feel free to ask actual Platinum long timers and they will verify the truth of what I say.

Now if you wish it to be literally what it says then perhaps it is about time you actually open a Platinum sale folder.

~Jay

Dear UNINVITED,

I have removed the post copied below from the No Sell Zone topic for being off-topic.

Once again, if you want to discuss Moderator actions, use email. Please do not continue to blatantly disregard this instruction.

If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
GemStone IV Forums

Methais
01-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Platinum is gay, but damn what a raging fucking douche. Seriously, why does Emeradan insist on being such an asshole everywhere he goes?

Take it up with feedback. They're actually reasonable about most things and might tell Emeradan to stfu, at least in this instance.

Soulpieced
01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Platinum is gay

Ditto.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Ditto.

:yeahthat:

Junsea
01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Your post was hidden from the GemStone Platinum Forum as part of removing a full or partial thread of discussion that was incompatible with our Forum polices. While your post may be within policy, it was part of a thread that needed to be taken off the Boards.

You have not incurred a penalty as a result of this post being hidden.

General reminder:

Please remember that you agree to abide by the Rules for Posting and the Terms of Service each and every time you login to our services. If you need to review these items, they can be found via the Forum Policies link at the top of every forum's page and from the customer service page, respectively.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

A copy of your post is included below for your reference. If you have any questions regarding my action in removing your post, please email me so that we can clarify them to your satisfaction.

==== BEGIN COPY OF POST ====
Forum: GemStone Platinum
Category: General Discussions
Topic: No Sell Zone
Msg#: 8923
Subject: Re: lets have a sale!!

lets bare a place for you to kiss my softer side...

Junsea
01-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Your post was hidden from the GemStone Platinum Forum. Harassment of others is expressly forbidden by the Simutronics Terms of Service.

The problem area of this post is:

The whole post in general. If you wish to express such opinions with another poster, please take it to private e-mails instead.

Please remember that you agree to abide by the Rules for Posting and the Terms of Service each and every time you login to our services. If you need to review these items, they can be found via the Forum Policies link at the top of every forum's page and from the customer service page, respectively.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me at MOD-GSRALIEL@play.net.

A copy of your post is included for your reference, below.

-Raliel

Topic: No Sell Zone
Msg#: 8925
Subject: Re: lets have a sale!!

See the problem ANDISEASE is that i have looked and im not the only one using this one for selling items. But you wanna point me out why?

Cause I spoke the truth about the year befores thrakmas gift exchange and how i thougt it was a flop. I made your little sweety cry so you find anyway to get back with me on the boards.

BOO HOO get over it. your are not the board police nor you a real plat member.

go back to your corner and play. and leave me alone.

Methais
01-28-2009, 08:07 PM
harassmentlol

grenthor
01-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Jesus Christ. Why do you continue to deliberately post shit that you know is against the rules and then try to act like someone did something wrong by bitch slapping you for it? For Gods sake get a fucking life outside Gemstone and the message boards for a change.

Junsea
01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
YOU DA MAN grenthor!!! What a post :::whistle:::whistle::::YOU DA MAN!

And i posted just to post it Megawhore and Andisease should go back to prime and leave plat alone.

Junsea

Kyra231
01-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Did I read it correctly that Emeradan is blocking sales in that folder? If so, how retarded..it's only been used for that for how many years now?

Kyra231
01-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Jesus Christ. Why do you continue to deliberately post shit that you know is against the rules and then try to act like someone did something wrong by bitch slapping you for it? For Gods sake get a fucking life outside Gemstone and the message boards for a change.

QQ moar asshat. Why the hell would it matter to you anyway what she posts or how much?

Daniel
01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Why would I respect someone for dumping down 300 bucks a month on a text based RPG game? This isn't 1995.

Warriorbird
01-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Not you. From an outside perspective it is mockable. I'm talking about from GS staff.

Junsea
01-29-2009, 12:08 PM
This all stemmed from a jerk that plays in plat. hardly anyone likes their group. I think its a husband wife thing. All i know is you hear them on the boards but never in the game. And when they do come to the game they believe themselves the end all gemstoners. So i was trying to tell him to kiss my ass.

Junsea

Me
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Those two are the bane of both prime and plat and always will be. They are not husband and wife they are some weird sick text game love relationship no one has ever really figured out.

Me

Some Rogue
02-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Names! Names!

I think I know who you're talking about but it's been years since I played plat.

Junsea
02-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Meg and andease

Some Rogue
02-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Of course, I should have known.

Although I don't think he was around in Plat when I was, but she sure was. Ugh.

Junsea
02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
who was you in Plat if i may ask.

Some Rogue
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
Ha, I was a nobody. Played a dwarven cleric to 33ish quite a few years ago. Name was Jarlan.

Me
02-02-2009, 10:42 PM
you were not nobody Jarlan was a cool cat.

skatemom they have tried a few times to get her one of those special designations like warclaid had. She causes all kinds of grief then whines if no one likes her. Heh during the Krolvin war she starts suciding down in wights. After the 3rd time no one would rescue her. Because yes wait for it..no one invited her to the war.....
me

graysun
02-06-2009, 11:52 AM
....Megawhore and Andisease should go....There aren't many in Gemstone that really bother me these days, but those two.... :club:

Warriorbird
02-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Skatemom's a fucking whore. She helped get me my only (it was removed afterwards) GS warning.

Methais
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
you were not nobody Jarlan was a cool cat.

skatemom they have tried a few times to get her one of those special designations like warclaid had. She causes all kinds of grief then whines if no one likes her. Heh during the Krolvin war she starts suciding down in wights. After the 3rd time no one would rescue her. Because yes wait for it..no one invited her to the war.....
me

With a name like SKATEMOM, what do you expect?

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm137/AbsolTheDestroyer/facepalm.jpg

Someone
02-07-2009, 09:46 AM
I've always rolled my eyes at the name calling and "hate" of people on the boards here. Generally I don't respond to it even, but in this case I have a question:

Do you ever consider that maybe you just feed the behavior with childish responses like that? If you really don't like someone that much, why not just ignore them?

Warriorbird
02-07-2009, 10:56 AM
I dunno... when they're trying to get people who run quests you enjoy fired and stirring up interpersonal drama it isn't quite so simple.

Junsea
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
LOL i like it

Ashlander
02-09-2009, 11:29 PM
haven't dealt with the husband? before but meg's bitching on the boards and some of what I've seen ingame have annoyed and left me speechless.

Me
02-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Not her husband hes like 30 years younger than her. Some ingame guy she hangs with and they are attached at the hip. Not sure who is in control, her or him but they are both extremely mean and viscious.

LF

Joe
02-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I think they're both just a little effing crazy myself.

Someone
02-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Well, I guess I'm the odd man out. Never had a problem with either tbh. Had trouble with others, just not them.

Junsea
02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
They started their own House called darkstone something. Wonder how many people will come to the party and figure out if her and her IG husband could get divorced. So much fun.........

Junsea
02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
IG i have never seen them I dont think but the forums well..... Its not likeable i guess.

Me
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Junsea oh yes you have you just don't know it. They have a million alts most of them in Taavlor because actually playing with the rest of the small plat community would be just way too much for them. They disappear for periods of time when they get pissed and play their regular gemstone crew which are also in Tavaalor but never fear they come back over and over again.

LF

graysun
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I try to be accepting of all kinds, and not to call people names very often, but she is truly an idiotic waste of life and breath.

I don't know why I even let her douchebaggery piss me off sometimes.

ViridianAsp
03-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Meg and andease

You mean Skatemom meg and Welcha?

Yeah...they are the same in Prime. The best thing to do is put them on ignore.

Elvenlady
03-14-2009, 01:35 PM
You mean Skatemom meg and Welcha?

Yeah...they are the same in Prime. The best thing to do is put them on ignore.

:yeahthat:

I've never come across such a patronising and arrogant couple of jerks in my gaming life. I do my utmost to avoid anything they might be involved in.

Elvenlady
03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Posted today on officials regarding upcoming CCF:

In a post dated March 12th...

<<I promise we are working on getting you guys some official dates very soon.>>

It's been a week. A week would be very soon for something a year from now; for something that was supposed to be between three and ten weeks from now, it's not. Patience only goes so far; due to the lack of dates, this will probably be the first pay event I've missed in six or seven years.

Meg

I might even consider going now :up:

Fallen
03-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Hah. I will say they are dropping the ball on releasing dates, though.

Hips
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
I saw that post too and had a chuckle over it. If she misses the one in plat, I guarantee no one will be complaining.

CrystalTears
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Hah. I will say they are dropping the ball on releasing dates, though.
I hope you're not shocked or surprised by this. I don't think it even needed to be said... it goes without saying that they always drop the ball regarding releasing stuff, let alone on time.

graysun
03-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I took the low road, and called Meg out on her manic tirade about how little notice was given for CCF and how little consideration is being made for those who, say, will be in Europe during the festival.

My responses to her posts remain on the boards. But Andreas chimed in after the bell, resulting in the following exchange:

Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:35 PM
To: <gsgraysun@yahoo.com>

I wanted to address this specific comment in your email to me:

>>I wasn't about to just let that one ride, and wouldn't do anything differently if it happened again.

I would strongly advise against repeating behavior which resulted in a post being removed from view. If it happens to occur again, then you'll likely find that a Caution for Disruptive Behavior will be issued instead.

Good afternoon,
GM Emeradan

----- Original Message -----
To: GS4-EMERADAN@play.net
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: DRACLINA-VIVVID, your post has been hidden. Notification: Off topic

I agree that Andreas took it off topic.

I wasn't about to just let that one ride, and wouldn't do anything differently if it happened again.

Thanks for your help. I will not repeat my opinion of board censorship, as I am sure you do not need to be reminded of it.

Have a nice week! :)

--- On Sun, 3/29/09, GS4-EMERADAN@play.net <GS4-EMERADAN@play.net> wrote:

Subject: DRACLINA-VIVVID, your post has been hidden. Notification: Off topic
To: DRACLINA-VIVVID@play.net
Date: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 3:33 PM

Dear DRACLINA-VIVVID,

I have removed the post copied below from the Calendar of Events topic for being off-topic.

As previously mentioned, we're returning this discussion to the event itself.

Please check out the policy for posting to the GemStone Platinum Forum, which you can find by clicking the Forum Policies link in the upper right corner of our Forums pages. We've come up with these guidelines so that members will know our forum etiquette as well as ensure that our forums remain a fun, friendly place where members can post ideas and ask for information without worrying about being harassed or intimidated.

If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction..

Sincerely,

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
Forums Manager
Bugs Manager
~
GemStone IV: One MMORPG to Rule Them All.
"Master of the Black Helicopters." -- BROWNA94
Category: Events & Stuff
Topic: Calendar of Events
Msg#: 1284
Subject: Re: CCF Announcement Comments

>>So, your idea is that unless you live in the EST time zone you should just get screwed. I'm sure you'd have no problem if all the services were focused between midnight and 5am in your timezone. You'd just "adapt" I'm sure.... Of course, nobody asked for the event schedule to adapt to other timezones, but I'm sure you "didn't miss" that either... - Andreas<<

Alas, I do not live in the eastern time zone. And yes, I would have to adapt. The event schedule is what it is, whether it is convenient for me or not.

However, I also realize that the great majority of players live in either the pacific or eastern zones, or somewhere in between. And that in planning an event for an entire population, the needs of the many will often outweigh the needs of the less many.

Sometimes it sucks, and excludes people, or means that not everyone can necessarily get everything they want. In my opinion, this is the point that you are missing.
==== END COPY OF POST ====

Joe
03-30-2009, 12:26 AM
And?

That Jay
03-30-2009, 01:17 AM
No need for an "and". This thread is just to post messages pulled by Emeradan in Platinum. No context needed. No moral support asked for. Just a place to rescue posts from Simu's circular file.

Joe
03-30-2009, 01:55 AM
oic... cool. Confusion came from extended discussion about other posts so rescued, I suppose

graysun
03-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Confusion came from extended discussion about other posts....
Yeah, I did just post the ending.

One of the common gripes on the plat boards is that "we pay X, and only get Y". It's a bunch of bullshit, for a number of reasons.

Ever since the announcement of CCF, a few people on those boards have been incessantly complaining, and inventing ways that they are going to be slighted.

It is partly a carry-over from EG, where there were a few glitches in the execution of it and many people dumped substantially all of their silvers at the event. Some of these people are demanding to know that they are going to get their OOG money's-worth and IG silvers'-worth for what is being offered at CCF.

I guess I had seen enough, and took issue with something Meg said. My bad for failing to just shut up and let her rant.

Methais
03-30-2009, 02:22 PM
One of the common gripes on the plat boards is that "we pay X, and only get Y".

Ya know it shoudln't be too hard to get all 6 people in Plat to cancel their accounts for a month or two to make a statement.

graysun
03-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Ya know it shoudln't be too hard to get all 6 people in Plat to cancel their accounts for a month or two to make a statement.
I'd settle for just two, though I'd hope for longer than a month.

That Jay
06-12-2009, 07:38 PM
Dear UNINVITED,

Your post was hidden from the GemStone Platinum Forum.

There was absolutely no reason to post something like this, and you're well aware of that fact.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at GS4-EMERADAN@play.net.

A copy of your post is included below for your reference.

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
"That Guy"
~
Topic: Discussions with Simutronics
Msg#: 52001
Subject: Re: You guys are killing me!

And yet darts has been here regularly without a lapse for quite a while, yet you have not Keith.

Deal.

That Jay
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Dear UNINVITED,

***** It was hidden because a previous post to which it referred was hidden, thus making your post out of context for the thread.

***** Please note that you have not incurred a penalty for this post having been removed.

***** This email is just a notification to let you know what happened to your post and why.

General reminder:

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at GS4-EMERADAN@play.net.

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
"That Guy"
~
Msg#: 52004

They stopped running anything when your account was inactive too.

Your middle name wouldn't be Truman would it?

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"

~Jay

"Seriously, when I see "Uninvited" cartoon hearts flutter around my head."

That Jay
06-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Dear UNINVITED,

Your post was hidden from the GemStone Platinum Forum as part of removing a full or partial thread of discussion that was incompatible with our Forum polices. While your post may be within policy, it was part of a thread that needed to be taken off the Boards.

GMs have already stated that nothing more needs to be said, thus ending the thread.

General reminder:

A copy of your post is included below for your reference. If you have any questions regarding my action in removing your post, please email me so that we can clarify them to your satisfaction.
~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
"That Guy"
~
Msg#: 52026

>Can't we just simply say "this is the time that works for me, even if it does conflict with other events" and leave it at that instead of reading intentions into it that aren't there?

>No offense to the Aardvark Gaming Hall people but please for the love of god conflict with darts.

I don't understand how people can read things into comments so delicately made.

~Jay

AestheticLife
06-13-2009, 03:09 PM
You're all acting like women, and not in the cool wet t-shirt makeout pillow fight way.

MOAR BEWBS LESS BITCH, please?

Note to Tisket: This counts as a 'nice' post, as I was polite!

Tisket
06-13-2009, 03:12 PM
You're all acting like women, and not in the cool wet t-shirt makeout pillow fight way.

MOAR BEWBS LESS BITCH, please?

Note to Tisket: This counts as a 'nice' post, as I was polite!

You referenced boobs so most people would count it as a positive post.

Unless you are calling someone a boob. Although fun, that still counts as negative. It's a thin line.

Stanley Burrell
06-13-2009, 03:14 PM
WHAT A BOOB.

Dhuul
06-13-2009, 03:34 PM
I may be small but I love this post's bumps!

http://tinyurl.com/bnjnr5

That Jay
07-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Dear UNINVITED,

You have not incurred a penalty as a result of this post being hidden.

As a point of note, if you have a comment that you want to make to or about me, you're more than welcome to do so via email. There's no need whatsoever to make comments of this nature about anyone on the Forums.

General reminder:

~
GM Emeradan
GS4-EMERADAN@PLAY.NET
"That Guy"
~
Topic: General Questions & Comments
Msg#: 2357
Subject: Re: Advertising Platinum

Just read the Platinum folder over in Prime and I find it interesting that after trying to form a consensus to just ignore trolls or detractors there, that the one who fails to abide this good-natured agreement is...

..the moderator.

Warriorbird
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Don't give him an opportunity. Without you they might have to shut Plat down.

:grins:

Geshron
07-12-2009, 10:23 PM
I hate Emeradan too I got warned for saying "flags" because I don't understand how else he could have heard Demjorian say "flux capactitator" in a hunting ground. He is the douche police. I will arm bar him.

graysun
07-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Classic, Jay.

Are you aware of any other posts that were pulled from that discussion?

Methais
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Dear TRIPLEGAME226,

Your message copied below has been removed from the Developer's Corner - Empaths topic for flaming. The GemStone IV Forum has a family oriented atmosphere where people can exchange ideas and information without fear of being harassed or intimidated.

Relevant text from your message:

"QQ more, it's not empaths' fault that sorcerers have been abandoned for years."

The line above is not conducive to maintaining a civil and respectful tone towards one another on the forums. Calling someone out on the forums for supposed crying/whining over a possible, or past, change is in no way adding anything constructive to the thread at hand and will only incite the discussion to turn into a flame war.

It's important to us that you understand why this kind of posting is not acceptable. If you feel unclear about the guidelines for posting, please click the Forum Policies link in the upper right corner of the Forums pages. Our guidelines specifically request that members count to 10 and be kind when posting.

If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

Raliel

Forum: GemStone IV
Category: Empaths
Topic: Developer's Corner - Empaths
Msg#: 3249
Subject: Re: Reported Upcoming Empath Changes at Simucon

> >If we require stamina to transfer wounds, were introducing resource management. Including penalties for overextending, like slipping into a coma, which could cause you to bleed out. Updating Staunching/Clotting to no longer stop all blood loss will significantly add more risk to healing. -Estild

Wow, way to pile even more unnecessary tedium onto a game already saturated with it with an already steadily dwindling playerbase. If I played an empath, I'd definitely be dropping healing in favor of hunting after this. I'll probably find myself stocking up on herbs once all the empaths go the hunting route.

> >Then can we ask when you plan to balance empaths with the rest of the classes in the game Estild?

> >Keith/Kithus

QQ more, it's not empaths' fault that sorcerers have been abandoned for years.

~ Methais

I responded with...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/ValinKenobi/Forums/worf_facepalm.gif

ElvenFury
07-14-2009, 02:26 PM
LOL. Wasn't it not too long ago that Oscuro was calling Fallen out for QQing?

Fallen
07-14-2009, 04:57 PM
LOL. Wasn't it not too long ago that Oscuro was calling Fallen out for QQing?

Ayep. They pulled his post, though. QQing is serious business any way you look at it.

Donquix
07-14-2009, 05:02 PM
What selective rules enforcement for posters with names in red? never!

I liked it last week, random argument on the forums and Em tried to be his normal snide self and i pointed out how he just made himself look like a jackass, suddenly everything after that was off topic (but he got to leave in his last quip that started the tangent visible, of course)

That Jay
08-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Dear UNINVITED,

The following message has been removed from the Meeting Hall Organizations (MHOs) topic for the use of a masked vulgarity, which is a violation of Simutronics Terms and Conditions (TAC). The policy states that the use of certain words or phrases is forbidden in Simutronics products since this is a family-oriented service.

Even when these words are masked by the use of substitute symbols, if the word is recognizable, it is against policy.

The problematic part of your post is the use of "BS", which is treated as masked vulgarity.

I can understand that you feel frustrated at times but out of respect to the other players, that kind of language is not acceptable for public posting.

If you have any questions regarding our Forum policies, you can click the Forum Policies link in the upper right of the Forums for more information.

Please feel free to re-post your message with the violation removed. If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

~GM Izzea
Forum Manager.

Category: Player Organizations & Guilds
Topic: Meeting Hall Organizations (MHOs)
Msg#: 1832
Subject: Re: MHOs and Platinum

The minute I (Hubris) offered Dhask a way out and he did not take it, I knew it was a BS pre-arranged storyline.

That being said, the "actors" performed no less spectacularly than any GM NPC.

~Jay

diethx
08-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Dear UNINVITED,

The following message has been removed from the Meeting Hall Organizations (MHOs) topic for the use of a masked vulgarity, which is a violation of Simutronics Terms and Conditions (TAC). The policy states that the use of certain words or phrases is forbidden in Simutronics products since this is a family-oriented service.

Even when these words are masked by the use of substitute symbols, if the word is recognizable, it is against policy.

The problematic part of your post is the use of "BS", which is treated as masked vulgarity.

I can understand that you feel frustrated at times but out of respect to the other players, that kind of language is not acceptable for public posting.

If you have any questions regarding our Forum policies, you can click the Forum Policies link in the upper right of the Forums for more information.

Please feel free to re-post your message with the violation removed. If you have any questions about my action in removing your message, please don't hesitate to email me so we can clarify the issue to your satisfaction.

Sincerely,

~GM Izzea
Forum Manager.

Category: Player Organizations & Guilds
Topic: Meeting Hall Organizations (MHOs)
Msg#: 1832
Subject: Re: MHOs and Platinum

The minute I (Hubris) offered Dhask a way out and he did not take it, I knew it was a BS pre-arranged storyline.

That being said, the "actors" performed no less spectacularly than any GM NPC.

~Jay

And?

Deathravin
08-11-2009, 12:22 AM
I wonder if there are any actual children playing Gemstone anymore...

I understand the no cursing in game, it kills the RP... but on the forums? Forums are made for conflict and occasional light bashing.

graysun
08-11-2009, 02:38 PM
I had a post pulled with "OMG WTF" in it before Emeradan changed positions.

As much as I'd love to believe that he has it out for me, I think they're just really sensitive about masked vulgarity.

That Jay
08-27-2009, 11:56 PM
(This is not a post of mine but since it will soon be pulled in the Platinum folder, I thought I would save it here.)

>>Aww, just come out and use my name. It didn't stop you before.<<

I'm sorry Gray were you saying that you do in fact have a stick up your ass? Thank you for letting us all know. In the future I will endevour to remember that so that I can avoid making any jests that you might fly off the handle about.

>>What you WERE informed is that attributing words to someone BY NAME who didn't use such words is not acceptable, if that person deems it to be unacceptable.<<

Actually what I was informed was that you threw a tantrum over a joke. Worse than that you threw a tantrum after I'd told you that it was a joke and I'd already changed the sig. Worst of all you were insulting me like a rampant prick in IMs when I explained it was a joke instead of just telling me you were offended. Strangely enough after your cry baby overreaction I did not get so much as a warning because everyone involved knew you were being an unreasonable douche bag.

>>There is a difference, dude, and I know that you are intelligent enough to realize it.<<

You're right. After I made my post I tossed Jaired an IM joking back with him, not throwing a hissy fit. Nor did I think I had any right to insult him. Maybe you should try acting like a reasonable, polite human being next time someone tries to joke with you instead of a whiny jerk. There is a difference but I'm certainly not sure you are intelligent enough to realize it at this point.

>>But I thought you were over it. Apparently not.<<

No I hadn't made it abundantly clear, where everyone could see, what a pathetic moron you are. I'm done now.

Keith/Brinret
AIM: KithusSilverStrk

That Jay
08-28-2009, 12:33 AM
(Since this one will soon be gone too.)

Go read the signature yourself. It was a bunch of nonsense strung together from words clipped out of a post about quoting people out of context for signatures. With the caption "(Name) - Completely In Context." The response was several insulting IMs out of nowhere, before and after I'd explained it wasn't meant to be offensive and that it was never going to be used again and an e-mail to staff asking that I be disciplined.

This was the signature in question:

I've never been a big fan of funny. Fish smell would impress me more. Folks came of their own to diss on anyone that uses "just sayin."

(name) - Completely in context

I'm sorry but if someone can take so much offense to that quote, which was obviously meant to be out of context, that they feel the need to insult and demand disciplinary action that person has some goddamned issues. Further these insults came before and after it was explained it was a joke and it was never planned to be used more than once. I might be a raging prick but in this case I think (name) forgot to take his meds.

Keith/Brinret
AIM: KithusSilverStrk

StrayRogue
08-28-2009, 07:05 AM
Why post something that you know is going to get pulled, then complain about it?

That Jay
08-28-2009, 10:13 AM
I authored neither of those posts. I just snagged them and crossposted before they disappeared.

Kithus
08-28-2009, 10:56 AM
They weren't pulled either. Rather removed after enough viewing time and before they could be pulled and warnings issued. Though I appreciate Jay keeping a copy here as I always forget to save a copy myself before I delete these things.

That Jay
09-18-2009, 04:27 PM
-----Original Message-----
To: XXXXXX@play.net
Sent: Fri, Sep 18, 2009 1:50 pm
Subject: XXXXXX, your post has been hidden. Caution: Disruptive

Dear XXXXX,

I appreciate you may not be happy with Keith, but your post is directly
insulting him and GM Naionna, and your feelings would be better communicated via
email.

Please remember that you agree to abide by the Rules for Posting and the Terms
of Service each and every time you login to our services. If you need to review
these items, they can be found via the Forum Policies link at the top of every
forum's page and from the customer service page, respectively.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please
feel free to contact me at GS4-IZZEA@play.net.

~Izzea
MHO Guru
Icemule Trace Guru
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway

Msg#: 52442
Subject: Re: Q3 Platinum Meeting

You know, all I asked for is that raffle information that is put on the boards
is put on the calendar. Logically speaking, this is where they should go, if
they are to be announced. That I have to be mocked, to make this very simple
request, underlines some of the ridiculous behavior on this forum.

That Keith is still allowed to post on here, after his many recent abusive
posts.....Shame on you Naionna. See what a slap on the wrist says to him? Or
did you even bother with that? If you are in charge of Plat, stand up and be in
charge of it dammit!

This started out as a benign request. I carefully worded it to be neutral and
inoffensive. I just thought I would enjoy the game more if I didn't have to
read this incredible garbage.

I tell you what, Naionna. Let this be the first poster you are brave enough to
reprimand. Maybe it will set a precedent.

Colllette

Speaking in Elven, Taeghan says, "Harlot."
You say, "Eunuch."
Taeghan nods to you.

Fallen
09-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Lol.

Methais
09-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Lol.

Lol.

Lol.

Back
09-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Lol.

Lol.

That Jay
04-14-2010, 04:05 PM
Dear UNINVITED,

Come on! You don't need to express it that way!

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at GS4-IZZEA@play.net.

~Izzea
ASGM Towns & Communities
Mentor Guru
Forum Manager
Famous in Norway

Topic: Warm Fuzzies
Msg#: 16304
Subject: Snoopy Dance Fuzzy for Sirina

THANK YOU.

I speak for myself but I KNOW a host of others are grateful as well!

Hugs all around! Sirina sandwich!

~Jay

That Jay
04-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Maybe it was the threatened hug?

Although, most folks I know go the restraining order route.

Fallen
04-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Maybe it was the threatened hug?

Although, most folks I know go the restraining order route.

I'm guessing that post was in relation to Kithus?

That Jay
04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Jay,

We're both adults, and it was absolutely obvious in terms of what you were thanking Sirina for. So much so that two other staff members contacted me to ask me to remove the post. The best thing for you to do, if you wish to thank Sirina for this specific issue, is to email her directly. While you may not see it as a problem, when I have two other GMs mentioning it to me, its a problem.

I've no problem with a generic "Thanks for being awesome" post to Sirina, but I do have a problem with a policy-skirting attempt to thank her for banning another poster.

Thanks,

~Izzea.

Fallen
04-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Jay,

We're both adults, and it was absolutely obvious in terms of what you were thanking Sirina for. So much so that two other staff members contacted me to ask me to remove the post. The best thing for you to do, if you wish to thank Sirina for this specific issue, is to email her directly. While you may not see it as a problem, when I have two other GMs mentioning it to me, its a problem.

I've no problem with a generic "Thanks for being awesome" post to Sirina, but I do have a problem with a policy-skirting attempt to thank her for banning another poster.

Thanks,

~Izzea.

Lol.

ElvenFury
04-14-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure I like the implication that Mods are being told what to do by other GMs reading the boards. If she felt strongly enough that it needed to be pulled, then should have stuck to her guns and stated her case without shifting part of the credit(blame?) on other GMs. If she didn't mind the post before they contacted her, then she should have told them it wasn't their responsibility.

Fallen
04-14-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure I like the implication that Mods are being told what to do by other GMs reading the boards. If she felt strongly enough that it needed to be pulled, then should have stuck to her guns and stated her case without shifting part of the credit(blame?) on other GMs. If she didn't mind the post before they contacted her, then she should have told them it wasn't their responsibility.

I thought it odd that they were like, "It's perfectly cool to discuss how much we all hate Kithus PRIVATELY, but you can't do that shit in the open, son!"

Kithus
04-14-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm fine with him discussing how much he dislikes me publicly. It's no secret I consider him the Tsin of plat. He's a cancer on the instance and, on a per capita basis, he's actually more detrimental than Tsin ever was in prime.

StrayRogue
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Kithus got banned? lol

Skeeter
04-14-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm betting Ma Gorg was one who complained about the Thanks post.

That Jay
04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
All I know is that now I can advertise my forging services in peace.

Me
04-16-2010, 08:46 AM

Mods have bosses too and are usually bottom of the rung GM's so they can be told what to remove and what not to remove very easily.

Kithus the name sounds familiar but I am not sure I remember him?

Zanti

That Jay
04-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Kithus the name sounds familiar but I am not sure I remember him?
Zanti

Kithus = Keith/Brinret.

Malgaftan
04-21-2010, 01:58 PM
So what did Kithus get the ban hammer for? And what is Ma gorg?

Fallen
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
So what did Kithus get the ban hammer for? And what is Ma gorg?

Kithus was banned (on the boards only) for repeatedly having to have his posts pulled. Though "damn" is now acceptable in the boards under most contexts, he was considered as approaching HMC (High Maintenance Customer) levels of nuisance behavior in testing which usage of the word would get a post pulled. In essence, you are only allowed so many posts pulled for violation before your posting privileges are pulled.

They actually skipped a (correction) 90-day ban on his account, and went straight to perma-ban. I imagine if he wanted to appeal that he could have some success, but as it was Solomon who actually yanked his access (after reading stuff he posted here no less), I would wish him luck.

----

As for Ma Gorg, they call GM Andraste's player that as an insult, as it is said she resembles the character from Fraggle Rock.

http://www.henson.com/images/family/fragglerock/fr_char_magorg.jpg

caelric
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
On a related note, I haven't seen either of Kithus's characters in game since that happened. Doesn't mean he hasn't been in game on another alt or not, or that he was banned from the game, just that the two characters I know about have not been in game that I have seen.

Malgaftan
04-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I saw him in game just this morning. So nothing to worry about. His companion is still around to kill.

caelric
04-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Good to hear

That Jay
04-22-2010, 12:13 AM
They actually skipped a 60-day ban on his account, and went straight to perma-ban. I imagine if he wanted to appeal that he could have some success, but as it was Solomon who actually yanked his access (after reading stuff he posted here no less), I would wish him luck.

Not if you count his bans prior to this latest instance.

Kithus
04-22-2010, 09:09 AM
To be fair they skipped my 90 day forum ban. That said I'd already expressed to several people that I might as well post something incredible to get banned anyways. When they keep saying "If we pull any post, for any reason you will be banned" it's hardly worth even posting anymore. The nature of simu board moderation, as we've seen, allows them to pull anything for any reason and it was only a matter of time. Hell, I had a post pulled a couple weeks ago for asking Oscuro his opinion on components for spells because "It's a trap." No, really.

As for my characters they're still around. I hadn't really been playing much prior to this anyways. You'll see me pop in to do some enchanting and maybe a hunt here or there. I'm always on AIM, and anyone who plays plat should have it, so feel free to hit me up for a rescue. It's summer and I've got two kids, who has time for GS?

That Jay
09-08-2010, 12:50 AM
Richard, I will come out and say it. In the year+ I have been here, I have used WARN once. After trying to work it out with you via OOC thoughts.

Nope. No dice. You refused to budge, and yeah, I looked over the logs from then, and you said not one single word to me, just swung, or threw, as the case may be.

So, yeah, some people go straight to AS/DS calculations.

And some people are amongst the most hated in plat.

And some people can't keep IC/OOC information separate, and let it bleed across all their characters.

And you, you fall into all three groups.

Sorry for the thread-jack, everyone else.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

HouseofElves
09-08-2010, 04:19 AM
None of us are in plat. Explanation?

Stanley Burrell
09-08-2010, 04:24 AM
None of us are in plat. Explanation?

And, of course, the squirrels.

Warriorbird
09-08-2010, 11:58 AM
So dude is pretty much your rough equivalent. No wonder you're enemies.

That Jay
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Part of the fun of the thread is giving absolutely NO CONTEXT to the pulled post, hence the name.

I am not the original poster.

I just cross-posted it because the original got pulled for flaming.

I actually get along fine with both parties. :)

That Jay
08-23-2011, 07:46 PM
(This post was just removed. I was not the author.)

Despite having no warnings, no labels of high maintenance, and no actual explanation of what I've done wrong, I've been told by GM Samcras (otherwise known as GS Feedback) to quit. I don't know what I've done to offend every single player and GM in Plat, but evidently I have.

Goodbye.
Meg

That Jay
08-23-2011, 07:47 PM
No matter what you may think of the person involved. It is HORRIBLE customer service to tell a customer in good standing to quit. As reprehensible as the practice is, some folks at Simu need a seminar in corporate double speak.

caelric
08-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Jay, knowing Meg, there is much more to that story.

DCSL
08-23-2011, 07:58 PM
I might also dispute the "good standing." We have only her word for that and, seeing as how she has no access to behind-the-scenes notes, it has a high chance of not being accurate.

Warriorbird
08-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Jay, it's like this. If a customer has contributed to multiple people or staff members quitting, maybe Simu is at this point better off without them. I sort of wish it had been before she contributed to the multi year death of high level roleplaying events in Gemstone.

That Jay
08-23-2011, 08:24 PM
IF there is indeed a history, it should have been documented and they should have pursued the High Maintenance Policy they have on record and done it through channels. This was not done.

This is not a question (in my mind at any rate) of whether or not someone deserved certain treatment for past/current sins. This is a question of proper business practices. Were you subject to the same conduct, you too might find it reprehensible, instead of cheering it on.

But seeing as how I do not know the "full story", this will be my last comment on this matter. I merely saved the post from the Island of Misfit Posts.

Warriorbird
08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
IF there is indeed a history, it should have been documented and they should have pursued the High Maintenance Policy they have on record and done it through channels. This was not done.

This is not a question (in my mind at any rate) of whether or not someone deserved certain treatment for past/current sins. This is a question of proper business practices. Were you subject to the same conduct, you too might find it reprehensible, instead of cheering it on.

But seeing as how I do not know the "full story", this will be my last comment on this matter. I merely saved the post from the Island of Misfit Posts.

I was. Fortunately a Product Manager left and a SGM got the fuck gone.

DCSL
08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
No one here seems to have cheered it on, exactly, merely doubted her story's unvarnished veracity. You seem to be in an uproar about the customer service. How do you know that that is exactly what they said? I find it far more likely that she complained about something they could not change for whatever reason (no control over it, game-breaking, massive code overhaul, et cetera) and was told after further complaints that at this point, the options were ignore it or leave it because they couldn't do anything about it.

Tgo01
08-23-2011, 08:35 PM
That's just silly DCSL, why would someone on the internet lie?

caelric
08-23-2011, 08:37 PM
I find it far more likely that she complained about something they could not change for whatever reason (no control over it, game-breaking, massive code overhaul, et cetera) and was told after further complaints that at this point, the options were ignore it or leave it because they couldn't do anything about it.

This.

Most likely, Meg was told something in particular she wanted changed wasn't going to change, and was told to either live with it, or leave.

In her hyper-sensitive version of reality, that was tantamount to being told to quit GS entirely.

Like I said, though, thats just a guess. I doubt we will know the full story.

The person I feel most sorry for is Andreas.

Fallen
08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I can definitely see someone on staff saying something that amounts to, "if you don't like X so much why don't you stop playing?"

GoingGone
08-24-2011, 12:08 AM
Okay, we're missing the most important thing here.

She said goodbye. Is she gone?

Me
08-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Jay - Meg has never heard what anyone says to her good bad or indifferent. She hears the little voices in her head that tell her what she wants to hear the GM might have said something like I am leaving for the night and Meg hear You should Leave you scum!

I have spent the hours listening to her assists she blames everything including the presidential elections on how people treat her in Gemstone. I spent hours in plat as a player trying to understand her. there are pages and pages about her interruptions in the game and blaming it on others.

I remember her ruining the introduction of companions, I remember her ruining the invasion finale in plat. I remember her treating new people to game so badly they quit. It got to a point as a player i avoided her. Unfortunately as a GM you can't. I was always polite and tried to point out that what she was asking was breaking policy or that the other person really wasn't trying to hurt her they were playing the game and she should respect that. Mostly she would swear that i must be a friend of this person because I would help her destroy them.

I always enjoyed it when she went back to prime.

me

GoingGone
08-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Maybe she'll just stay gone finally. I really wouldn't want to see what comes next out of her anyways, for all her griping about the GM's having it in for her, having one in her back-pocket was going to be just disastrous. Nothing like a GM on a leash, right?

That Jay
08-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Nothing like a GM on a leash, right?

Some GMs need to be on leashes. I can think of one on staff now that needs a much tighter rein. Not gone, he is too talented, but his past work product cries out for better management.

Latrinsorm
08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Some GMs need to be on leashes. I can think of one on staff now that needs a much tighter rein. Not gone, he is too talented, but his past work product cries out for better management.Someone just got sullied.

Warriorbird
08-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Some GMs need to be on leashes. I can think of one on staff now that needs a much tighter rein. Not gone, he is too talented, but his past work product cries out for better management.

Some players do. I've long considered you one. She takes it to an entirely different level and has for many years.

That Jay
08-25-2011, 06:18 PM
I thought I divorced you.

Warriorbird
08-25-2011, 08:10 PM
I thought I divorced you.

Heh, well. None of my issues with you had anything to do with either of our marriages but my sympathies.

It's simply like this. When somebody has driven away more accounts from your product than themselves, how long do you keep them around?

That Jay
08-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Considering how many accounts I own, I find it difficult to believe I was solely responsible for driving away more than that. If true, my mind boggles at the power cosmic within my grasp!

But as to the point, that is what the HMC policy is for and why it should be utilized more often.

DCSL
08-26-2011, 01:50 AM
If true, my mind boggles at the power cosmic within my grasp!

Can I be one of your heralds, Galactus?

Warriorbird
08-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Considering how many accounts I own, I find it difficult to believe I was solely responsible for driving away more than that. If true, my mind boggles at the power cosmic within my grasp!

But as to the point, that is what the HMC policy is for and why it should be utilized more often.

I do agree. I wish it'd been applied in several cases far sooner.

That Jay
09-17-2011, 11:03 PM
(Pulled just a few minutes ago)

"I thought I've seen some bad stuff in GS, but scripting both sides of DMC is possibly a new all-time low. Shame on you."

The above was posted by NISHIMA.

Fallen
09-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Droughtman's Challenge?

waywardgs
09-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Is this thread just about that jay bitching about stuff? Boooooring.

That Jay
09-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Yes, Droughtman's Challenge. A player on a run in Platinum had a runner and a blocker in the same run.

Gunfer
09-18-2011, 08:22 AM
Oh my how I do miss Gemstone Plat. I gotta say reading this thread was fucking great. Love it!

That Jay
09-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Because of the bruhaha, blockers were no longer allowed in the last three runs. We got roa'ters instead.

Me
09-19-2011, 01:34 PM
I always loved Roa'ters. Flying through the air and landing on her feet.

Zanti

Parkbandit
09-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Roa'ters were awesome when you could farm them for quality gems and boxes.

Ceyrin
10-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Dear LORDKRIP,

Your post was hidden from the GemStone IV Forum.

We use English on our forums. Doing otherwise activates *our* trap card.

General reminder:

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at SIMU-SOLOMON@play.net.

Solomon

=== BEGIN COPY OF POST ===
Forum: GemStone IV
Category: Discussions with Simutronics
Topic: The Bad, and the Ugly (general complaints)
Msg#: 3704
Subject: Re: These forums...

あなたは私のトラップカードをアクティブにしました。

=== END COPY OF POST ===

TheEschaton
10-02-2011, 04:58 AM
You have to admit, that's pretty fucking hilarious.

Ceyrin
10-02-2011, 07:36 AM
You have to admit, that's pretty fucking hilarious.

It was funny. I then promptly located a "design your own yugioh card" website, and made him a card called "Solomon's Judgement", and emailed him the finished product.

To totally tip my geek hand, I based it off Solmen Judgement, which is basically the ultimate "no" counter trap in yugioh.

That Jay
11-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Dear UNINVITED,

Your post was hidden from GemStone Platinum forums.

Please note that you have not incurred a penalty for this post having been removed. This email is just a notification to let you know what happened to your post and why.

General reminder:

Please try not to use a GM's actual name in the subject line of a forum post. While players may know who is who, it's still not proper to out in such a way.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at GS4-WYROM@play.net.

A copy of your post is included for your reference, below.

______
~*Wyrom*, *ASGM*
*Host* *Manager*
*GameMaster* *Trainer*
*Platinum* *Lackey*
*Honorary* *QCer*

>>Glitch uncertainly says, "I need pictures for this."

=== BEGIN COPY OF POST ===
Category: Events & Stuff
Topic: Event Reports
Msg#: 1768
Subject: Mario sure likes killing his NPCs.

Tonight, Dyhne and his son, Gioh, while traveling enroute to Four Winds Isle through the nearby jungle broke a wheel and were temporarily stalled in the jungle. Dyhne opened his wagon while waiting for it to be fixed, offering sword canes and similar weapons for sale and spoke of having brought several ingots to town with which he had planned to raise some needed funds. He stepped out of the wagon and was set upon by bandits who slew him and stole the ingots, transferring them to Sheruvians. The Sheruvians also cast a ritual ensuring Dyhne's soul left his body. When his body was discovered a short distance from the wagon, his body quickly decayed despite any effort to save him. A brief search was conducted of the area and several bandits were dispatched but eventually Brunhilde received a vision of not only the end of Dyhne but also an impression that the Sheruvians had left the Isle with the stolen ingots of kroderine, adamantine and zelnorn. It is suspected that they will forge them as soon as possible to equip their forces with formidable weapons. Reddas, the carpenter, arrived at the wagon and quickly repaired the broken wheel after which Gioh drove the wagon into Four Winds Isle's town proper. Gioh then went for a walk to collect his thoughts.

Hugs,

~Jay

"Its Farszigcal!"(tm)

=== END COPY OF POST ===

thefarmer
11-27-2011, 12:59 PM

DCSL
11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm more horrified that he killed Dyhne. I'm experiencing a Vaderesque NOOOOOOOOOOO! moment.

Senglent
12-02-2011, 10:38 PM
No one here seems to have cheered it on, exactly, merely doubted her story's unvarnished veracity. You seem to be in an uproar about the customer service. How do you know that that is exactly what they said? I find it far more likely that she complained about something they could not change for whatever reason (no control over it, game-breaking, massive code overhaul, et cetera) and was told after further complaints that at this point, the options were ignore it or leave it because they couldn't do anything about it.

A bit late to the party, I rarely look at this thread and I play Plat.

But I can attest to Samcras being a complete jerk and telling people to quit in off hand comments. Seems to be his signature. Then again I probably provoked him when I said 99% of players view Feedback as a blackhole and a waste when he said it to me.

The best part is if you scramble the letters for his GM name you get ASSCRAM! I'd bet it was done on purpose too. ;)

Which just happens to be my personal opinion of his professional behavior after talking to him.

Senglent
12-02-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm more horrified that he killed Dyhne. I'm experiencing a Vaderesque NOOOOOOOOOOO! moment.

GM Wyrom has killed more NPC's then anyone else, it's starting to be a bad joke. I think his body count is up to 4? or 5? now in Plat, and that's just in the last 6 months.

Some Rogue
12-02-2011, 10:43 PM
You know what else you get?

Sarcasm

GS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Senglent
12-02-2011, 11:18 PM
You know what else you get?

Sarcasm

GS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

True but his professional nature is closer to the other one. Least when I had to deal with him.