PDA

View Full Version : How do you use 605 / Whispering Willow?

JARVISN
01-25-2009, 08:43 PM
OK, so here's what I did and the results I got:

>prepare 605
You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Whispering Willow spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast
You gesture.
You suddenly hear the voices of nature fill your mind.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
>whisp XXXXX Can you hear me?
What were you referring to?

The player that I was attempting to whisper to was helping me test the spell; she was standing two rooms away, not hidden, both of us outside. So what (simple little thing, I'm sure) am I doing wrong?

:help:

Also, is this spell useful for anything at all, other than saying "rub your amulet"?

Drew
01-25-2009, 08:51 PM
What class was she? If she was an empath or cleric there's a fair chance she had unpresence on which means you can't be whispered to.

There are some other simple explanations, depends on the room. It could nullify magic, could be a weird room assigned to a different realm, could be accidentally tagged as indoors, etc.

JARVISN
01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
What class was she? If she was an empath or cleric there's a fair chance she had unpresence on which means you can't be whispered to.

There are some other simple explanations, depends on the room. It could nullify magic, could be a weird room assigned to a different realm, could be accidentally tagged as indoors, etc.

As it happens, she was a cleric, but we checked the conditions against the spell info on play.net... No unpresence, I was standing outside the west gate of WL and she was two rooms south. She was specifically trying to help me figure this spell out, so we were looking at all conditions. I guess my main question was, can anyone confirm that I have the syntax right, so I can look elsewhere for the problem? Or am I just using the spell wrong?

droit
01-25-2009, 09:08 PM
There's a chance that you were trying to whisper to someone else with a similar name who was logged in at the same time. Try using your friend's complete name.

AnticorRifling
01-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Use Bob's breakgs script, it will prompt for a name and then successfully go through the whispering willow sequence for you.

Drew
01-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah, if it doesn't work with an abbreviation, use the complete first name and also try "whisper to".

Sharnath
01-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Did you try to type out 'whisper'?

Sharnath
Weed Mage

droit
01-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Typing out "whisper" or "whisper to" shouldn't have any effect whatsoever. I've never used anything but "whisp" and it's worked fine.

GSKynthelig
01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I always use wh name message. You can even wh ooc name message. The only thing I can really think of is the name shortening and possibly someone else have the same starting letters.

Fallen
01-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Also, is this spell useful for anything at all, other than saying "rub your amulet"? >>

With enough lore the spell allows you to communicate ICly with someone across the world.

droit
01-25-2009, 09:47 PM
It also gives you the fantastic ability to taunt your dead friends from anywhere in Elanthia.