PDA

View Full Version : Funny Quirks

LilHellcat
02-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Do you all have any funny bad habits or quirks that you do sometimes without realizing but sometimes it can be really embarassing.

I have a habit of curling my toes up even when wearing shoes if anyone steps near my feet. I also have a very bad habit of laughing when I get really nervous or in alot of pain. That can be really bad at funerals trust me :P

Feel free to discuss your funny quirks or habits here.

Hulkein
02-06-2004, 05:17 PM
Hah, my toes are always curled up when I'm sitting down or something, whether I have shoes on or not. Even when people aren't walking by I just curl them under, more comfortable.

Bobmuhthol
02-06-2004, 05:17 PM
I talk a LOT when I'm nervous or with less than 5 people. Most of it is complaining, but 99% of the time they laugh, so it's all good.

Kia
02-06-2004, 05:18 PM
I make a little bunny face when I'm thinking very hard. You know, wiggle my nose or something.

So I'll be in meetings at work and someone will say, "You're making the bunny face again."

Heehee.

KIA.

Drew2
02-06-2004, 05:20 PM
Yes. He (Bob) does talk a lot.

As for most of my quirks, see the Stupid Things thread or whatever.

I have a bad habit of watching myself in the mirror or like making faces or talking to myself to see what I look like to other people.

I also sing and dance by myself a lot. (VIXEN SHUT UP THX)

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Tayre]

Shari
02-06-2004, 05:31 PM
When I get cold, like there's a sudden cold draft I twitch. I can't shiver like normal people, it's like a half-second spasam and everyone thinks I'm mental.

Tijay, Edaarin..you say one thing and I swear I'll kick your ass.

Mint
02-06-2004, 05:41 PM
I say 'what' a lot even when I hear the person. Gives me more time to think of a response while they repeat themselves I guess.

Caiylania
02-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Mint
I say 'what' a lot even when I hear the person. Gives me more time to think of a response while they repeat themselves I guess.

I do that too when I need a moment to think of what to reply with.

I'm a fidgeter...... I'm always picking up stuff, messing with things..... My friends are always like... what are you doing with that coster?????? I just need to be doing something even when I'm sitting. :D

Hanksbane
02-06-2004, 06:13 PM
I have wierd twitch where i jerk my head. Uh....

Also when im nervous i pinch the bridge of my nose, which i really don't have. (Any Filipinos out there?) or cover my face with my hand.

and I say "uh" and "what" a lot.

I also tend to use a lot of hand motions when I talk.

Vixen
02-06-2004, 06:17 PM
::coughs:: I know nothing... about.. dancing.

Heh.. as far as quirks.. I don't know really.
<3 you Drew.
::cackles::

Bobmuhthol
02-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Oh, and I'm also scared to scratch the side of my neck out of fear of piercing my jugular and bleeding to death. This after I cut a vein in my hand and bled for three days.

peam
02-06-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm perfect.

Miss X
02-06-2004, 06:37 PM
I laugh at the worst times, like when I came back from holiday my mum told me my Nan had died I started laughing even though I was heart broken. I think I use laughter when I don't know what else to do.
I hated it when I was doing finals at university, everyone would be sitting in silence and I'd be biting my lip trying not to laugh.

When I put my mascara on I pull this weird face, like mouth open and pouty lips, my ex used to take the piss big time about it so now I only do my mascara in private! I'm so damaged.......

Kitsun
02-06-2004, 07:02 PM
I tend to cover my mouth when I'm thinking. I used to keep starting and stopping sentences without thinking first and it'd get me into trouble, so this probably developed to keep my mouth shut while the brain processes information. Or if someone made some idiotic statement, I'd mouth out insults without saying em too.

Zakre
02-06-2004, 07:05 PM
I dont think i have any off the top of my head

Latrinsorm
02-06-2004, 07:31 PM
If I ever get any kind of scab or whatnot, I'll pick at it til it bleeds and completely not notice doing so, which can be very alarming when abruptly I'm bleeding from the neck. Hurray for shaving! It's never bad, but boy oh boy it gets the ol' heart rate up.

I have this nasty habit of spacing out and not being able to remember how far along I was in whatever it was I was doing, like in the shower (did I wash my hair? Better do it again) on the can (that's pretty easy to check, though) or doing homework (which is why I stopped doing it, college=awesome). What annoys me is I can't do it when I want, as in when my jerkoff Physics professor makes us sit around for half an hour before he passes out the quiz because it would be TOO EASY to let us leave early like EVERY OTHER CLASS ON CAMPUS. That prick.

Whenever I write/type something, I always say something else in my head as I'm doing so and just assume everyone else heard it too (why wouldn't they?) which makes for some fun essays.

That's more than enough for now.

Vesi
02-06-2004, 07:40 PM
When I cross my legs I can be completely still except for my foot. It is shaking ninety to nothing. Guess all my nervous energy comes out there.

I also like the number four. Don't get me started.<stare>

Vesi

Souzy
02-06-2004, 08:24 PM
I talk soft, to the point where it sounds like mumbles. If I'm nervous around someone, I'll either play with my hair, stutter or pick at my lips/bite them.

02-06-2004, 10:42 PM
I'm too sensitive

Souzy
02-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by RangerD1
I'm too sensitive

I find this hard to believe.

Sean
02-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Eh i don't have a problem beliving it .. but whats funny about it?

Souzy
02-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Umm edited it cos I just realized what the title of the thread was. *goes to smoke another fattie*

[Edited on 2-7-2004 by Lalana]

Mint
02-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Who's on first?

Myshel
02-06-2004, 11:13 PM
I"ve always read a lot, so words that I know the meaning of very well, I'll use. But sometimes the pronounciation is terrible.
When I get really really mad I cry.
When I have a blue day I bake, don't bother me, don't talk to me, just eat all the junk I've made.

Myshel
02-07-2004, 08:23 AM
OH yea I just remembered this. I can absolutely tune everything out. I guess growing up in a family of 5 kids I learned to do this. If I'm reading or watching tv, you have to tap my arm to get my attention. Standing next to me screaming will not do it.