PDA

View Full Version : Elven Nations - Sylvarrend Road

J-Tech
02-06-2004, 12:53 PM
I was looking for a change in hunting grounds (getting tired of the landing g.y.) so i noticed that Sylvarrend road has stuff around my lvl in elven nations...i'm lvl 34 right now, and these are the critters i was looking at:

maw spore - 33
shimmering fungus - 35
ghost mara - 32
spectral leopard -36

So does anyone have any idea if this is a good wizard hunting ground? If you've hunted it before can you supply me with information like, how hard these guys swing, any special attacks they have, maybe dangerous spells they cast...Thanks.

-John

Miss X
02-06-2004, 01:03 PM
My cleric hunts there (wraithenmist) and its ok... Critter gen rates arnt as good as when she was hunting pookas but I prefer being in EN.
A couple of my wizard friends hunt there too and they do great.

I don't remember how hard they swing, Il cut and paste when I hunt later, there are some weird attacks that the spore things do, there is a certain wizard spell that you shouldnt cast at them, I think its a lightening one. but I avoid them since my cleric only hunts undead.

You could also try Kiramon, I know a wizard around 30 that hunts really well there. Also once you get to 40 there are tons of other cool things to hunt.

Vx

[Edited on 6-2-04 by Miss X]

Kia
02-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Anything undead seems to burn well. I tend to see a lot of wizards using fire spells on undead even though they're not in Voln. BURRRRRN!

KIA.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Kia]

J-Tech
02-06-2004, 01:11 PM
I think i might head down to EN then, im sooooooooo tired of pookas. I cant wait to hit 40.

-John

MPSorc
02-10-2004, 07:24 PM
kinda late on responding here, but in that mara and lord area there are also Darkens, those thigs stay invisible and the only two ways i have found to expose them are light and dispel invisibility both of which i don't think a wizard has, those darkens are a bitch, they'll suck out massive ammounts of blood and stay hidden while doing it. Just the one thing i see as a problem for a Wizard.

AnticorRifling
02-10-2004, 09:44 PM
When you get to EN IM me I'll take you out to a few different areas. I have a few ideas for you that should work well as far as good hunting goes.

Miss X
02-10-2004, 10:59 PM
He found a cool place to hunt! Yay! Thanks to his hero... a.k.a me, obviously.
p.s.
dont deny im your hero john, you know it!!!

solescape
08-15-2004, 04:32 PM
spec miners right next to pookas stun easily

also besides wraithenmist, try yeg plains... you can't cast magic at the fungus

Nieninque
08-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by MPSorc
kinda late on responding here, but in that mara and lord area there are also Darkens, those thigs stay invisible and the only two ways i have found to expose them are light and dispel invisibility both of which i don't think a wizard has, those darkens are a bitch, they'll suck out massive ammounts of blood and stay hidden while doing it. Just the one thing i see as a problem for a Wizard.

I seem to recall ball spells also knock them out of hiding if there is other stuff in the room.

Wraithenmist is great until you can get onto the moor, which wont me long if you are already 34...get some climbing ranks though!