PDA

View Full Version : Wand-Loading Bows

DaCapn
01-15-2009, 12:17 PM
How do those wand loading bows work? I can't seem to find the right verb for inserting the wand. Best I could find was rub which seems to do something under some other circumstances. Do they just expend a charge on the wand every time an arrow is fired or what? Those can be enchanted, right?

Stabbyrogue
01-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Load my bow with my wand, rub lets you know if it has charges. Yes. Yes. My favorite way to use my 6x wand bow is to use regular ebladed arrows for normal hunting, when I absolutely need a flare, I have a small bundle of faewood arrows.

SpiffyJr
01-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Load my bow with my wand, rub lets you know if it has charges. Yes. Yes. My favorite way to use my 6x wand bow is to use regular ebladed arrows for normal hunting, when I absolutely need a flare, I have a small bundle of faewood arrows.

So, if you have flares the wands don't drain charges? If that's the case... WTB: 5x wand bow!

DaCapn
01-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Do these bows prevent the flares from 411 from working? I shot around 20 and I didn't seem to get any flares to go off. I'm also seeing some strange results here with regards to my AS. Both shots are while the bow is loaded with a wand.

Off-the-shelf 0x arrows with e-blade:

You nock a whalebone arrow in your ruic composite bow.
You fire a whalebone arrow at a silverback orc!
AS: +168 vs DS: +30 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +82 = +250
... and hit for 56 points of damage!
Shot pierces a wrist!
The scintillating white light surrounding the arrow fades some.
The whalebone arrow sticks in a silverback orc's right hand!
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Off-the-shelf 0x arrows, no e-blade:

You nock a whalebone arrow in your ruic composite bow.
As you fire your ruic composite bow, a lick of roaring flame leaps from the weapon to the arrow, which pulses with a faint red light.
You fire a whalebone arrow at a silverback orc!
AS: +158 vs DS: +92 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +100 = +196
... and hit for 51 points of damage!
Well placed shot pierces knee, that hurt!
The silverback orc is knocked to the ground!
The silverback orc is stunned!

** As your whalebone arrow hits a silverback orc, it emits a burst of flame! **
... 25 points of damage!
Flames burn hole in chest exposing ribs!
Bad angle. The whalebone arrow fails to stick in a silverback orc.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

Also, is there a way to take the wand out?

Stabbyrogue
01-24-2009, 12:52 PM
411 will work as normal, with the flares. The arrow won't be eaten and you won't get the wand flare. No, there's no way to take out the wand.

DaCapn
01-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Look at my AS, though. Should it not increase by 20?

Stabbyrogue
01-26-2009, 03:01 PM
That IS odd. Just checked mine and it adds the full +20

Junsea
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
what level are you? You would need to be level 20 to get the full benefit.
you can at level 13 pick up and use 5x arrows and a 4x bow for 9x weapon and sill only get the 5x bonus

DaCapn
02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
what level are you? You would need to be level 20 to get the full benefit.
you can at level 13 pick up and use 5x arrows and a 4x bow for 9x weapon and sill only get the 5x bonus

Those were from defensive stance. I didn't want to one-shot anything since I wasn't sure if a crit-kill would prevent the flares from going off. That character is 59.