PDA

View Full Version : Display sheath

Danjirus
01-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Im looking for information about the display sheaths, such as the different locations they can be worn, also if anyone is selling one, Im interested.

Danjirus

droit
01-15-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm sure someone has more complete info, but I can start you out. I can think of displaying sheaths that are worn on the back, the shoulder, the waist (as a belt) or on the belt. They are limited by weight, with the backworn ones carrying the heaviest weapons. Also, some hold one weapon, but others hold two.

Belnia
01-15-2009, 10:20 AM
There are actual worn-as-belt displayers, some displayers worn on the belt, some shoulder worn, and some back worn.

Additionally, there are the polearm/runestaff backworns which only display those said weapons (and quarterstaves too, I think).

Nilandia
01-15-2009, 01:26 PM
I'll post what I can think of for the moment. I'm sure the maker can correct me if I'm mistaken or if I've forgotten something.

Weapon displayers debuted at the shop called Hanging Around at the 2003 Artisan Faire. At the time, they only held and displayed one weapon, could hold any weapon and only took the form of belts and items worn on the belt.

They appeared later in the shop called Hangers On at Ebon Gates 2004 and 2005. Here, displayers became shoulder and backworn as well, and could hold two weapons. A merchant (whose name escapes me) could also unlock displayers to add some scripts for TWC users. Displayers may have been sold elsewhere, but those are the shops I remember.

The polearm/runestaff harnesses (which I don't call weapon displayers, for sake of clarity) were sold separately, and I'm not able to pin down for sure where they came from. I do recall the maker's merchant selling them by hand at the Spitfire, but they had already been in game at the time. These harnesses date from 2004 and possibly earlier.

At first, each weapon displayer could hold any item. This was changed a while ago. Belts and beltworns hold small weapons, shoulderworns hold medium and backworns hold pretty much anything. Belts and beltworns will not hold runestaves and polearms, no matter their weight.

Also, weapon displayers needed to be rubbed to activate the script where you'd unsnap the strap holding the weapon in place before you could remove the weapon. This was updated so it's no longer needed. In addition, two-weapon displayers could be unlocked to allow for two weapons to be unsheathed at once 'in a sudden crossbody move.'

Weapon displayers are not technically containers. They cannot be used for the stow or sheath verbs in game.

Displayers can be altered, but they will only take a short description, or a short with a show. Longs cannot be done.

The shop inventory for the first shop from the Artisan Faire is as follows:

[Hanging Around]

1 weapon displaying sheaths

On the wooden table you see a knotted crimson satin sash, a gauzy white silk sash, a pure-white leather belt, a well-oiled braided leather belt, a polished black leather sword-belt, an ivy-twined leather sword-belt (waistworn, weighs 3), a heavy woven chain sword-belt and a woven blued chain mesh sword-belt. (120k, scripted)

In the wooden box you see a heavy brass axe loop, a ragged leather axe loop, a gold-bound steel axe loop, a sweat-browned town militia frog, an royal imperial guard frog, a crude leather axe frog, a well-worn patched suede frog, a well-oiled leather sword frog, a brass-bound leather frog and a black leather axe loop. (35k)

The shop inventory from the Ebon Gate shop is:

[Hangers On]

2-weapon displaying sheaths. All 75k and scripted.

On the rotating wheel you see a leather weapons frog, a silver chainmail frog (weighs 3), a scaly green leather axe loop, a muted leather dagger sheath, a white satin sash, a knotted crimson sash, a twisted gold lame sash, a black leather belt and a blued chainmail waistcincher. (holds 2 small weapons; frogs, loop and sheath beltworn; others waistworn)

On the sticky dart rack you see a white wolfhide harness, a twisted catgut harness, a dwarven infantryman baldric, a krolvin scout baldric, an elven wayfinders baldric, an glossy black leather harness, a gold-studded suede harness, a pearlized abalone shell harness and a knotwork brown leather harness. (shoulderworn, holds 2 medium weapons)

On the sticky drain you see a crimson leather backscabbard, a scaly green leather backscabbard, a blued chainmail backscabbard, a patchwork brown leather backscabbard and an oiled ringmail backscabbard. (backworn, holds 2 large weapons)

kookiegod
01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Fairly correct Gretchen...

Unlocking came later on (wasn't invented really till some other guy pondered out white ora for the Wavedancer and how to get the concept approved), but the merchant could deepen the two weapon displayers.

I forget when some other guy did the poleams, I think it was a one-off event in the Landing, but that was the first interation, and at least a year before the one weapon ones.

The rationale why you couldn't stick a polearm or a runestaff is fairly obvious, it would look stoopid. :)

The two weapons one was one of the crazier things he did, as people put some many crazy things in them, decaying limbs (which totally broke the description), weapons with their own get verbs, and other stuff, eventually, all scripted items were disallowed. Was on a to-do list somewhere to fix at some point, but alas.

Correct on the alteration rules, and should be able to be deepened if you found a merchant who'd look into it.

~Paul

fallenSaint
01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Three cheers to the person who gets this info up on Krakii for future reference!

And thanks for the info to be shared.

Danjirus
01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Wow, you guys are amazing. I never really expected to get such detailed info. thanks everyone.

I guess ill check playershops for shoulderworns.

Danj