PDA

View Full Version : What are you looking for?

Edaarin
02-05-2004, 01:02 AM
Was playing psychiatrist for my friend, and she got mad at me for saying her standards were too high. So she sent me this little clip.

In a brief conversation, a man asked a woman he was pursuing the question, "What kind of man are you looking for?" She sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asking, "Do you really want to know?" Reluctantly, he said "Yes."

She began to expound… "As a woman in this day and age, I am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that I can't do for myself. I pay my own bills. I take care of my household without the help of any man…or woman for that matter. I am in the position to ask, 'What can you bring to the table?'"

The man looked at her. Clearly he thought that she was referring to money. She quickly corrected his thought and stated, "I am not referring to money. I need something more. I need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life."

He sat back in his chair, folded his arms, and asked her to explain. She said, "I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because I need conversation and mental stimulation. I don't need a simple-minded man. I am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked… Believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster. I need a man who is striving for perfection financially because I don't need a financial burden. I am looking for someone sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded. I am looking for someone whom I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn't taking care of his business. I have no problem being submissive... He just has to be worthy. God made woman to be a help mate for man. I can't help a man if he can't help himself."

When she finished her spiel, she looked at him. He sat there with a puzzled look on his face. He said, "You are asking a lot." She replied, "I'm worth a lot."

My conclusion: Women are still insane.

Mint
02-05-2004, 01:05 AM
I really like your friend.

Souzy
02-05-2004, 01:05 AM
And I think all men are assholes. So?

peam
02-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Beeeecaaaauuuuseee I stiiiiiiiiiiiil haaaaaaaven't fooooouuuuund what I'm looking for.

Edaarin
02-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Wait wait wait. Women are thinking now?

On a serious note, I once spent 20 minutes telling said friend how I thought it was sick that the only reason that she's going to college is to meet a husband.

Kitsun
02-05-2004, 01:15 AM
Damn, talk about high maintenance. Perfection is a bit over-rated. Why not take what you can live with?

I've never heard of anyone using college as a dating service before. I guess its a decent place to see how people handle strain and take care of business.

Snapp
02-05-2004, 02:25 AM
That's an expensive-ass dating service.

Shari
02-05-2004, 02:34 AM
Damn if you go to my school you'd swear some of the girls were going there for just that. I love walking into my chemistry lab where Barbie clones light their bunsen burners wearing cute pink tanktops with their fake breasts spilling over.

Over-exaggeration but I swear to fucking god you get some girls that go to class looking like sluts and I'm wondering, why take all that time to make yourself up if you're supposedly coming here to learn?

That whole thing you posted was actually pretty interesting Edaarin.

I was lucky enough to find one of those men. <smiles>

Edaarin
02-05-2004, 02:39 AM
Holy shit where do you go Jesae.

Mint
02-05-2004, 02:40 AM
who couldnt see Edaarins response coming from a mile away?

Caiylania
02-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Damn, talk about high maintenance. Perfection is a bit over-rated. Why not take what you can live with?

I've never heard of anyone using college as a dating service before. I guess its a decent place to see how people handle strain and take care of business.

Watch Mona Lisa Smile :)

Myshel
02-05-2004, 08:47 AM
That was very interesting and if someone was so logical in looking for a mate it might work. I've found most relationships start with infatuations. I call it falling in lust, that period lasts for awhile and by the time the rose colored glasses come off your already deeply involved. I remember well the morning my sig. other said something so totally stupid that the glasses fell off and I wondered what the hell I had got myself into.
You have to take into account chemistry, you meet someone and there is that immediate attraction. Then the affair, when they are so wonderful, smart, sexy, ect, they can do no wrong and everything they do is great. Thats the rose colored glasses part. In the beginning everyone puts their best self out there, so it takes awhile to get comfortable enough with each other to wear you own skin. Then one day, boom, they say or do something stupid, the glasses fall off and you begin to live in reality again.

02-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Edaarin Its feminazis like that that ruin sex for everyone.
::ducks:::grr:

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by The Edine]

Wezas
02-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Jesae
Damn if you go to my school you'd swear some of the girls were going there for just that. I love walking into my chemistry lab where Barbie clones light their bunsen burners wearing cute pink tanktops with their fake breasts spilling over.

As Edaarin said, where do you go?

<rethinking this whole skipping college thing>

Latrinsorm
02-05-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by peam
Beeeecaaaauuuuseee I stiiiiiiiiiiiil haaaaaaaven't fooooouuuuund what I'm looking for. Nice misquote.:grr::grr::grr:

Miss X
02-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Heh, I thought I would meet my future husband while I was at university. Figured I'd leave with a degree, a handsome man and a great future.
I guess I thought that it would be full of intelligent men who are also sensitive. (I did a sociology degree with Philosophy options so I assumed the men doing it would be the cool intelligent type.)

It turned out that the men there were just the same as the men I was seeing in highschool, just as immature and annoying and equally as ugly.

By the time I graduated I'd broken up with the guy I was with for two years, gone out with a guy that turned out to be gay and resigned myself to a life of singledom, and I'm still only 21. I just wanna find a nice man to marry and have babies dammit, why is it so hard???

[Edited on 5-2-04 by Miss X]

Meos
02-05-2004, 12:16 PM
I figure I still got another 9 years of acting immutare before I have to grow up, so ladies, I hope ya can hold out that long.

Latrinsorm
02-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Miss X
equally as ugly.
Yeah, that's England for you.:whistle:

TheEschaton
02-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Your woman sounds very Jesuit. Ignatius of Loyola demanded all his members of the Society "run full steam towards perfection", so that even when they fell short (because no one can be perfect), they at least will have gone as far as they could of.

I thought college was a good opportunity to meet women, but I certainly did not go there to meet them. Although I will admit, I became involved in volunteering and social justice type things purely because the girl to guy ratio was 2 to 1, at least. I stayed because I found out that I actually believed in the stuff. [There's a famous activist in Boston named Kip Tiernan, she started the first women's homeless shelter in the nation, and also the Greater Boston Food Bank, and I have the pleasure of knowing her. Once I asked her, "How is it you get people to listen to your message, and then actually stick with it?" and very bluntly she said, "Food, and attractive people, not necessarily in that order."]

02-05-2004, 09:56 PM
A ho that won't be late wit my money and who i ain't gotta smack up all the time.