PDA

View Full Version : Shell armor

thefarmer
01-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Picked this up for my friend, but as it turns out he got some enhancive leg greaves and would rather layer it over brig than wait until 70 to train off the hindrance.

So, with that said he'd prefer a trade of some decent brig over coins, but is willing to sell for straight coins if nothing shows up.

Description: some bowed crown shell armor
Base: Double chain (torso, arms)
Weight: Approx 17lbs
Enchant: Full 7x
Special: Acid flares, shell effect

The shell effect essentially sends the player to another room and leaves a "a large bowed crown shell" in the original room. In the shell you're impervious to all attacks (you can't target the shell or do anything to it). You can regain mana/spirit, tend wounds, eat herbs, a few other things. You cannot cast spells. The shell effect lasts just under 15minutes, then it spits you back out automatically. If you need to you can turn the knob again and go back for no RT or waiting/cooldown time. There is no limit on how many times you can turn the knob. There are some rooms that you're unable to turn the knob, so it doesn't work everywhere, but a majority of the rooms it does.

[Town Square, East]
Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous and bustling shops. You also see a large wooden barrel.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

>turn knob
As you twist the small knob, you hear a loud "CLANG!" and feel your shell armor expand and surround you.

Third person:

"CLANG!" You notice a large bowed crown shell where moments before, XXX had been.
>l
[Bowed Crown Shell, Inside]
You barely make out in the dim light filtering through several holes in the rough, hexagonally patterned walls and floor of your prison.
Obvious exits: none

>peer hole

Sticking your eye against the hole, you are just able to make out what lies outside.

[Town Square, East]
Here in the center of a broad plaza near the commercial area of the bazaar stands the impressive facade of the slate-roofed Moot Hall, where the citizens of Wehnimer's Landing hold various official, religious and social functions. Facing the square are some of the town's more prosperous and bustling shops. You also see a large bowed crown shell and a large wooden barrel.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west

>turn knob
A loud clicking noise starts and suddenly the shell splits and spits you out.

Third person:
A clicking noise begins to come from a large bowed crown shell, a sudden, loud "CRACK!" and XXX is there and the shell isn't.

Nifty loresong:

Your surroundings blur outward in a rolling wave from your center. Darkness settles around you and the smell of dampness pervades your senses as you become aware of your new surroundings. Water drips in runnels down the sides of bare stone walls and the smell of charcoal and sulphur floats on the air. Flickering torches lie ensconced in braziers that stand sentry before a heavy oak door. Penetrating the door is a small square window bisected by solid steel bars. Stretching up, you are able to peer through the window at the scene in the room beyond. At odds with the exterior hall, the room beyond is neat and dry, boxes and crates stacked to one side, magic paraphenalia and workbenches on the other. Working in a steady and precise manner are a number of dwarfs, each totally focused on the shell-like objects that lie before them on the benches. The scene fades and momentarily you get the impression of the same room but dark and disordered. Finally exhausted from your effort, you blink your eyes and return to the present.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

thefarmer
01-12-2009, 09:56 AM
The invisibility brig would be nice if anyone knows where the other set (not Belnia's) is.

BriarFox
01-12-2009, 12:37 PM
The invisibility brig would be nice if anyone knows where the other set (not Belnia's) is.

Widgets had it. He was trying to sell it for awhile. No clue if he managed to do so eventually.

thefarmer
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
He did before he left (the last time). He just won't tell me who he sold it to...:(

Widgets
01-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Widgets had it. He was trying to sell it for awhile. No clue if he managed to do so eventually.

I did ;)

And I enjoy toying with Viv's emotions..

thefarmer
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Bump

thefarmer
01-29-2009, 12:59 AM
Still looking for the inviso brig or something similiar

Widgets
01-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Still looking for the inviso brig or something similiar

You traded this armor away or do you still gots it?

thefarmer
02-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Bump

BriarFox
02-16-2009, 01:41 AM
I know these aren't quite what you're looking for, but I'd be willing to work out a deal on either of these sets with you for the shell armor. Let me know if you're interested:

6x augmented chain, +10 CM bonus, void flares.

8x hauberk, acid flares, spikes, 14lbs.

AKOE!
02-17-2009, 09:59 PM
does the armor work with concealers?

thefarmer
02-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Yep

AKOE!
02-17-2009, 10:08 PM
neat!

thefarmer
03-02-2009, 09:06 AM